Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Forums | Suggestions Thread

Feb 15, '17, 1:47am

Hello and welcome to the Kinda Funny Forums suggestions thread.

This thread, unlike the others in the Front Desk is designed to be a place where you, the forum user, can place your suggestions to help make the forums the greatest forum on the interwebs. How these threads work is that you need to check the Frequently Suggested section just below this intro section here and see if your suggestion has already been posed and the current status of the update. Please don't be that guy who offers a suggestion that's already been posted, it takes up Moderator time and you will look like the noob that you are.

If your Suggestion hasn't been posted before, drop it in below and one of the moderation team will take it into consideration, and if possible give a reason why or why not it will be implemented.

If your question is about a specific show, platform, or event you may wish to try a different thread. The New to the Forums? (Click Me) thread has links to all the other support topics so be sure to make sure you are asking the right question in the right topic.

Frequently Suggested

I think there should be a forum for {Insert Topic Here}
There are a lot of topics that could use their own forums, however to keep the Forums from looking cluttered we only have those that we feel will be the most active. If the moderators see there is enough activity around a certain topic, then we will consider adding forum for it.

There's an issue with having too many quotes.
This is a known issue with the PHPBB 3.1 Platform. This will hopefully be rectified in the future.

Subject Labels, such as [PS4] and [Guide]
These have been requested for a while now. We just have to wait for an PHPBB Extension to be created and installed. If you have any experience in creating extensions for PHPBB, please contact a mod!

A way to like/favorite/upvote a post
This feature is probably the most requested. We just have to wait for an PHPBB Extension to be created and installed. If you have any experience in creating extensions for PHPBB, please contact a mod!

Tag a member into a conversation. For example @User to notify them.
Right now you can do so by using the [quote=user] tags. We do want to add a more streamlined version however we have to wait for an PHPBB Extension to be created and installed. If you have any experience in creating extensions for PHPBB, please contact a mod!

Mavryk
Management
Management

Re: Forums | Suggestions Thread

Feb 15, '17, 1:48am

[Reserved]

skzyp
Unsung Hero
XBL: skzyp
PSN: skzypmd
NNID: skzypmd
Steam: skzyp

Mar 26, '17, 9:02pm

Would it be possible to add BBcode that would allow for playlists from Spotify to be shared on the forum? I wanted to start a mixtape type topic under music and tweeted joeynoelle and Greg about it. Hope to hear some sort of response. Just a neat idea. I kept trying to figure out how to do it and realized finally that it just wasn't possible. I understand the security issue of allowing HTML and iframes but if you just added some BBcode similar to this then perhaps it would appease all. The idea doesn't really work without being able to embed Spotify playlists. I feel that is far safer for the community than trusting to send files/download files from one another. Not to mention that could be misconstrued for illegal music sharing. I understand that only subscribers to Spotify would probably benefit but I feel it would have a large enough audience. Appreciate your time.

References: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/pcn-spotify-bbcode.2612/

What I'd like to do: Image

Mavryk
Management
Management

Mar 26, '17, 9:27pm

skzyp wrote:Would it be possible to add BBcode that would allow for playlists from Spotify to be shared on the forum? I wanted to start a mixtape type topic under music and tweeted joeynoelle and Greg about it. Hope to hear some sort of response. Just a neat idea. I kept trying to figure out how to do it and realized finally that it just wasn't possible. I understand the security issue of allowing HTML and iframes but if you just added some BBcode similar to this then perhaps it would appease all. The idea doesn't really work without being able to embed Spotify playlists. I feel that is far safer for the community than trusting to send files/download files from one another. Not to mention that could be misconstrued for illegal music sharing. I understand that only subscribers to Spotify would probably benefit but I feel it would have a large enough audience. Appreciate your time.

Hey Skzyp!

That's a great idea. I have added the code under "spotify" tag when you use the Full Editor mode.

Code: Select all

This is what your code should look like:
[spotify]USERID PlayListID[/spotify]

Example:
[spotify]123456 aifhbasjkgbakbfg[/spotify]
► Show Spoiler

skzyp
Unsung Hero
XBL: skzyp
PSN: skzypmd
NNID: skzypmd
Steam: skzyp

Mar 29, '17, 5:57pm

Mavryk wrote:
skzyp wrote:Would it be possible to add BBcode that would allow for playlists from Spotify to be shared on the forum? I wanted to start a mixtape type topic under music and tweeted joeynoelle and Greg about it. Hope to hear some sort of response. Just a neat idea. I kept trying to figure out how to do it and realized finally that it just wasn't possible. I understand the security issue of allowing HTML and iframes but if you just added some BBcode similar to this then perhaps it would appease all. The idea doesn't really work without being able to embed Spotify playlists. I feel that is far safer for the community than trusting to send files/download files from one another. Not to mention that could be misconstrued for illegal music sharing. I understand that only subscribers to Spotify would probably benefit but I feel it would have a large enough audience. Appreciate your time.

Hey Skzyp!

That's a great idea. I have added the code under "spotify" tag when you use the Full Editor mode.

Code: Select all

This is what your code should look like:
[spotify]USERID PlayListID[/spotify]

Example:
[spotify]123456 aifhbasjkgbakbfg[/spotify]

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!! :kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda

Thank you so much for paying attention, thinking it was great and helping me out so quickly. Super appreciated and dare I say, it made my day.

prototypetom
Shadow Boxer
PSN: prototypetom

Mar 30, '17, 12:37am

Could you also add some more traditional emotes? The clearer KF ones are fantastic, but I have no idea how one would most many of them and many seem to emote similar things. it's clever and it's cute - except when it's not. And easy to misinterpret emotes are like design suicide.
The value of emotes is not insubstantial. Not everyone's cuppa tea perhaps, but they can help reduce misinterpretation of what someone is trying to communicate. In-jokes and colloquial community icons are good, but need to be balanced with practical function, especially for newcomers.

It's very subjective of course and ultimately it's the staff's choice to make. I would stick to the core crew (inc legacy) without much numerical favour and although not a perfect mix,i think the better ones are...
:kinda portilloDismissed ColinSure ColinApproves FuckOff GregStink portilloNick Nickgasm portilloKevin PortyHappy portilloShu portilloSexyGreg portilloSeducer portilloPure1 portilloYell
IMO the rest are either indulgent trash, repetition or arguably obscure.
If you added some clear universal ones, you might have some room for a couple of memey ones like HeavyBreathing as well.
I got chills and they're multiplying

Lindsay
Forums Manager
Forums Manager
PSN: LindsayKelsey

Mar 30, '17, 9:29am

prototypetom wrote:Could you also add some more traditional emotes? The clearer KF ones are fantastic, but I have no idea how one would most many of them and many seem to emote similar things. it's clever and it's cute - except when it's not. And easy to misinterpret emotes are like design suicide.
The value of emotes is not insubstantial. Not everyone's cuppa tea perhaps, but they can help reduce misinterpretation of what someone is trying to communicate. In-jokes and colloquial community icons are good, but need to be balanced with practical function, especially for newcomers.

It's very subjective of course and ultimately it's the staff's choice to make. I would stick to the core crew (inc legacy) without much numerical favour and although not a perfect mix,i think the better ones are...
:kinda portilloDismissed ColinSure ColinApproves FuckOff GregStink portilloNick Nickgasm portilloKevin PortyHappy portilloShu portilloSexyGreg portilloSeducer portilloPure1 portilloYell
IMO the rest are either indulgent trash, repetition or arguably obscure.
If you added some clear universal ones, you might have some room for a couple of memey ones like HeavyBreathing as well.

We have these we're in the process of adding: (as well as clearing out a bunch of old ones, and adding the newer Twitch ones)

KFBFDpad Join our Twitch/YT creators community @ http://kfbestfriends.com/discord KFBFDpad

Vane
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o

Mar 30, '17, 11:27am

No platinum trophy emote kfcry

One-Shot
Management
Management
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot

Mar 30, '17, 11:33am

SorryWeAre0_o wrote:No platinum trophy emote kfcry

It's in your heart kflove
"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

Sonar101
Best Friend
PSN: Sonar101

Mar 30, '17, 12:15pm

I made a potential profile pic and banner for Colin's Last Stand. I was hoping the KF community would be able to get a hold of The Pride of Long Island. I would greatly appreciate anyone being able to send him this concept art.

Ya boy, Nate :kinda :kinda :kinda

Lindsay
Forums Manager
Forums Manager

Mar 30, '17, 12:21pm

Sonar101 wrote:I made a potential profile pic and banner for Colin's Last Stand. I was hoping the KF community would be able to get a hold of The Pride of Long Island. I would greatly appreciate anyone being able to send him this concept art.

You can contact Colin on Twitter or Patreon. He's also active on the CLS sub-reddit. We don't have contact info for him beyond those public places.
KFBFDpad Join our Twitch/YT creators community @ http://kfbestfriends.com/discord KFBFDpad

prototypetom
Shadow Boxer
PSN: prototypetom

Mar 31, '17, 9:08am

Lindsay wrote:

kflove
I got chills and they're multiplying

BedaHouse
Producer

May 15, '17, 11:31am

Is there anyway we can "like" a posts that are made? If possible, I would love to have the option to "like" a thread post someone makes without having the need to make a full reply to it (and eat up thread space just to say: I agree)

I get if its not an option.
Dad of 2 young kids. My game time is limited to a few minutes a day. :kinda is my tether to the gaming world.

Brotherhood93
Greg's Ego
PSN: M_O_T1919

May 15, '17, 11:39am

BedaHouse wrote:Is there anyway we can "like" a posts that are made? If possible, I would love to have the option to "like" a thread post someone makes without having the need to make a full reply to it (and eat up thread space just to say: I agree)

It's something we'd love to add but we're still waiting on the forums to be migrated to a different server. We can't update the version of the forums we're running until then but once that's done it's probably the first thing we'll look to implement.

Mavryk
Management
Management

May 15, '17, 7:09pm

Brotherhood93 wrote:
BedaHouse wrote:Is there anyway we can "like" a posts that are made? If possible, I would love to have the option to "like" a thread post someone makes without having the need to make a full reply to it (and eat up thread space just to say: I agree)

It's something we'd love to add but we're still waiting on the forums to be migrated to a different server. We can't update the version of the forums we're running until then but once that's done it's probably the first thing we'll look to implement.

Like BH said its something that will be added as soon as we are able. I just want to also point out that this was covered in the Frequently Asked section of the OP kfglad
► Show Spoiler

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

May 27, '17, 11:04am

Can these 4 PSILY Threads be locked? Some people are still posting things for the segments and don't realize the show is cancelled.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4314

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=5191

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4420

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4313

One-Shot
Management
Management
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot

May 27, '17, 12:26pm

Raging Light wrote:Can these 4 PSILY Threads be locked? Some people are still posting things for the segments and don't realize the show is cancelled.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4314

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=5191

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4420

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4313

Done, thanks for the reminder.
"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

May 27, '17, 3:04pm

Idk how hard it is to do it but since 4 of the frequent suggestions involve the current Forum type being inadequate would it be possible to switch it over to something that would make it easier on you guys to add fun stuff easier. Or is that something that is an astronomical amount of work for people who aren't even paid to do for this forum?

Lindsay
Forums Manager
Forums Manager

May 27, '17, 3:07pm

Chaz wrote:Idk how hard it is to do it but since 4 of the frequent suggestions involve the current Forum type being inadequate would it be possible to switch it over to something that would make it easier on you guys to add fun stuff easier. Or is that something that is an astronomical amount of work for people who aren't even paid to do for this forum?

The issues is the forum install was done poorly on KF's part, and there's a bunch of broken code, so we can't update anything without breaking the site.

We had a solution for this in December 2015, but were told to hold off because they wanted the forums on the kf.com server. Well, they never made this happen, so here we are stuck.

Currently, we've opened the discussion of breaking off the forums to a 100% fan site, separate from KF- but only in the early stages of figuring it out.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

May 27, '17, 3:13pm

Lindsay wrote:
Chaz wrote:Idk how hard it is to do it but since 4 of the frequent suggestions involve the current Forum type being inadequate would it be possible to switch it over to something that would make it easier on you guys to add fun stuff easier. Or is that something that is an astronomical amount of work for people who aren't even paid to do for this forum?

The issues is the forum install was done poorly on KF's part, and there's a bunch of broken code, so we can't update anything without breaking the site.

We had a solution for this in December 2015, but were told to hold off because they wanted the forums on the kf.com server. Well, they never made this happen, so here we are stuck.

Currently, we've opened the discussion of breaking off the forums to a 100% fan site, separate from KF- but only in the early stages of figuring it out.

Oh well that's dumb. Hopefully you guys are able to get what you want done with the forums if you do that. You guys not being able to do much to the forums when it's not from lack of trying is really disappointing

Return to “The Front Desk”