Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Podcast Services | FAQ and Support

Feb 15, '17, 2:29am

Hello and welcome to the Kinda Funny support and FAQ thread for the various podcast platforms.

Like the rest of the threads in the Front Desk, this thread is designed to be a one-stop shop for all your comments, questions and concerns about the Podcast services that the Kinda Funny content can be found on. Please note that these threads are run and maintained by the Forum Moderation team, so do not expect a direct response from the members of Kinda Funny (though they may pop in from time to time). How these threads work is that you need to check this FAQ section just below this intro section here and see if your question has already been answered. Please don't be that guy who asks a question that's already been answered, it takes up Moderator time and you will look like the noob that you are.

If your question hasn't been asked before, post it below and one of the moderation team will either be able to help you, or point you in the right direction to get assistance.

If your question is about a specific show, platform, or event you may wish to try a different thread. The New to the Forums? (Click Me) thread has links to all the other support topics so be sure to make sure you are asking the right question in the right topic.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

(Q) Will {Insert show here} be turned into a Podcast?
(A) Unlikely any time soon. Usually if they have plans to convert an existing show into a podcast they will announce it well in advance as it takes time for it to be approved by Podcast services. Prime example of this was the Morning Show. If you want it to be a podcast, you should comment / tweet at them so they know there is enough fan support for it.

(Q)
(A)

Mavryk
Management
Management

Re: Podcast Services | FAQ and Support

Feb 15, '17, 2:34am

[Reserved]

Conovar
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Mar 24, '17, 4:32am

On Podbean and PocketCasts (both Android) the GameOverGreggy and KindaFunny Gamescasts podcasts were available up to March 9th - since then neither podcast is available, is it simply there has been a decision to no longer upload them as podcasts? The Morning show is still available each day on both services.

Cheers.

Mavryk
Management
Management

Mar 24, '17, 6:43am

Conovar wrote:On Podbean and PocketCasts (both Android) the GameOverGreggy and KindaFunny Gamescasts podcasts were available up to March 9th - since then neither podcast is available, is it simply there has been a decision to no longer upload them as podcasts? The Morning show is still available each day on both services.

Cheers.

Not that we know of, it could be a simple scheduling error that has failed to populate the different podcast services. We will let KF know about the issue, and will post up here if it turns out that they are no longer using those services.
► Show Spoiler

ramklov1993
Pure One

Apr 08, '17, 7:19am

what happened to the patreon exlusives being on itunes a month late? they have only done it with the january episodes. Even though i could access them through patreon, i'd prefer listening on itunes. Thanks for the help

Mavryk
Management
Management

Apr 10, '17, 10:40pm

ramklov1993 wrote:what happened to the patreon exlusives being on itunes a month late? they have only done it with the january episodes. Even though i could access them through patreon, i'd prefer listening on itunes. Thanks for the help

Hey Ramklov

Some content, like Let's Plays, were delayed for their release after Colin left. This was to avoid negative comments being left about the situation, and not accurately reflecting the content itself. Hopefully soon they will be able to return to their regular posting schedule to all platforms.
► Show Spoiler

Mavryk
Management
Management

May 01, '17, 3:06am

ramklov1993 wrote:what happened to the patreon exlusives being on itunes a month late? they have only done it with the january episodes. Even though i could access them through patreon, i'd prefer listening on itunes. Thanks for the help

Hey Ramklov, if you haven't seen already some of the past Patreon exclusives have dropped. Enjoy!
► Show Spoiler

ramklov1993
Pure One

May 01, '17, 6:07am

Mavryk wrote:

Hey Ramklov, if you haven't seen already some of the past Patreon exclusives have dropped. Enjoy!

Yeah, I have seen them. Thanks for the help. :)

Noir Angel
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jun 09, '17, 1:02pm

The Kinda Funny Morning Show episode for 06.09.17 (today) is simply a repeat of yesterday's show on Sound Cloud - just thought you should know.
Thx

vitzpatel
Baller
PSN: vitz1985

Jun 12, '17, 3:23am

Sorry, posted this in the E3 content schedule thread to begin with!

Is is possible to publish the Gamecast E3 Post Shows, to the Patreon Early Access RSS feed too?

Fully appreciate there's only a few shows left of this years E3, but it took me far too long to work out that these shows are only on the normal Gamescast feed. Shout out to @joeynoelle for helping me with this on Twitter!

To be honest, it took me that long because I'm an idiot - but it may be the case that fellow idiots were refreshing their Patreon podcast feeds wondering where the shows are.

If it's not too much strain on the processing side (to upload the podcast to another feed), maybe this is something you can do for next year.

Thanks for all that you do, for the big, beautiful kids.
psn: vitz1985 | twitter: @vitzpatel | random ramblings: @vitzpatel on Medium

Titanium_Josh
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Aug 28, '17, 10:17am

Hello, I was wondering how/where I could submit a question for the Kinda Funny Games Daily podcast. I believe I heard Greg say that listeners could send questions to @kfgd. I was unable to find a Twitter account with this name, (or @kindafunnygamesdaily), and if @kfgd,(I'm assuming ".com"), is a domain, I didn't hear the first half of the email address. I also tried going to kfgd.com but the website does not exist. I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong forum. All assistance is greatly appreciated.

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Aug 28, '17, 2:09pm

Titanium_Josh wrote:Hello, I was wondering how/where I could submit a question for the Kinda Funny Games Daily podcast. I believe I heard Greg say that listeners could send questions to @kfgd. I was unable to find a Twitter account with this name, (or @kindafunnygamesdaily), and if @kfgd,(I'm assuming ".com"), is a domain, I didn't hear the first half of the email address. I also tried going to kfgd.com but the website does not exist. I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong forum. All assistance is greatly appreciated.

If you want to submit a question into KFGD, all you have to do is go to kindafunny.com/kfgd

Once you're there, a simple Google Form will walk you through what you need to do to submit your question. Hope that helps!

BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510

Aug 28, '17, 2:42pm

Hey,

Did I miss it or maybe I just forgot but: Do they put out the podcast versions of KF Reacts? I know the one for Uncharted LL was like 40 minutes long -- seems like if its not a PIA I'd love to hear it (as I can't sit and watch the videos as easily as just listening to the audio)

Thanks

PS: My apologies if this is in the wrong place to ask
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Aug 28, '17, 2:50pm

BedaHouse wrote:Hey,

Did I miss it or maybe I just forgot but: Do they put out the podcast versions of KF Reacts? I know the one for Uncharted LL was like 40 minutes long -- seems like if its not a PIA I'd love to hear it (as I can't sit and watch the videos as easily as just listening to the audio)

Thanks

PS: My apologies if this is in the wrong place to ask

To my knowledge, KF Reacts doesn't have a podcast version available. I think the sporadic nature of the series doesn't lend to a podcast feed. I do feel like it would be a good fit for podcasts though, since it isn't visually based like Party Mode or anything.

BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510

Aug 28, '17, 2:55pm

MannySJ wrote:[
To my knowledge, KF Reacts doesn't have a podcast version available. I think the sporadic nature of the series doesn't lend to a podcast feed. I do feel like it would be a good fit for podcasts though, since it isn't visually based like Party Mode or anything.

Thanks for the info. If anyone can pass the info up the line to the powers that be, I think Reacts converted to podcasts would be great -- as well as the movie reviews they do.

Again, thanks again for the info SeemsGood
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

Return to “The Front Desk”