Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Forums | Suggestions Thread

Jun 03, '17, 4:28pm

When the forums get updated(whenever you guys are able to get the help necessary to do so) are you going to get rid of the "cant make posts this close together" thing? I usally open up each thread i want to read on multiple tabs so if I reply to one I tend to run into the issue when replying on another if it doesnt have a crap ton of unread messages. Its not a huge problem just kind of annoying to me

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Jun 03, '17, 4:50pm

Chaz wrote:When the forums get updated(whenever you guys are able to get the help necessary to do so) are you going to get rid of the "cant make posts this close together" thing? I usally open up each thread i want to read on multiple tabs so if I reply to one I tend to run into the issue when replying on another if it doesnt have a crap ton of unread messages. Its not a huge problem just kind of annoying to me

I'm pretty sure that's so you don't accidentally double post the same message. It that saved me from that issue several times.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

Lindsay
Greg's Ego
PSN: LindsayKelsey

Jun 03, '17, 7:10pm

Chaz wrote:When the forums get updated(whenever you guys are able to get the help necessary to do so) are you going to get rid of the "cant make posts this close together" thing? I usally open up each thread i want to read on multiple tabs so if I reply to one I tend to run into the issue when replying on another if it doesnt have a crap ton of unread messages. Its not a huge problem just kind of annoying to me

We can change this. But yes, like RL said, it's to cut down on spam and double posting.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jun 04, '17, 4:15am

Lindsay wrote:

We can change this. But yes, like RL said, it's to cut down on spam and double posting.

I get the idea of double posting but i guess it cant recognize if im in seperate threads?

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Jun 04, '17, 8:40pm

Chaz wrote:I get the idea of double posting but i guess it cant recognize if im in seperate threads?

Nope, it's a one setting for all posting unfortunately. We would have to see if there is a more robust mod that would differentiate, otherwise the only thing we can do is lower the threshold.
► Show Spoiler

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jun 04, '17, 8:52pm

Mavryk wrote:
Chaz wrote:I get the idea of double posting but i guess it cant recognize if im in seperate threads?

Nope, it's a one setting for all posting unfortunately. We would have to see if there is a more robust mod that would differentiate, otherwise the only thing we can do is lower the threshold.

Not worth it then. Keeping out spam and double posting is more important than my impatience with posting to different threads haha

emilioacunha
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Re: Forums | Suggestions Thread

Jun 05, '17, 5:23am

Is the daily show going to be available in soundcloud? I usually listen to your shows while in the car, and I find soundcloud very convenient since I have a limited data plan

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Jun 05, '17, 11:04am

Chaz wrote:
I get the idea of double posting but i guess it cant recognize if im in seperate threads?

I lowered it from 60 seconds to 10 seconds, so let me know how that works. Should be enough to keep the accidental double posts from happening, and spammers gonna spam no matter what. Can always up the time if there are any issues.

emilioacunha wrote:Is the daily show going to be available in soundcloud? I usually listen to your shows while in the car, and I find soundcloud very convenient since I have a limited data plan

I'm not sure if it was mentioned in the video. I assume it'll be up with KFMS though.

BasicExp
Seducer
XBL: BasicExp

Jun 22, '17, 4:11pm

The phpBB [columns] some content [nextcol] more content [/columns] tags. I was surprised to learn today that they are not supported when I went to make a post.
Regards,

Dustin "Basic"

B.A. Political Studies
Computer Systems Technologist
BasicExp.com

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Jun 22, '17, 6:02pm

BasicExp wrote:The phpBB [columns] some content [nextcol] more content [/columns] tags. I was surprised to learn today that they are not supported when I went to make a post.

If you're trying to make a column the bbcode is like this:

Code: Select all

[table][tr][td]TEXT[/td][td]TEXT[/td][td]TEXT[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]TEXT[/td][td]TEXT[/td][td]TEXT[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]TEXT[/td][td]TEXT[/td][td]TEXT[/td][/tr][/table]

ColumnsLikeThis
ColumnsLikeThis
ColumnsLikeThis
ColumnsLikeThis
ColumnsLikeThis
ColumnsLikeThis

Is that what you're trying to do?

BasicExp
Seducer
XBL: BasicExp

Jun 22, '17, 6:13pm

► Show Spoiler

I should have guessed HTML5 table tags might work; it is most of what a person might want out of columns. I just assumed all unmentioned tags from the sites list of BBcode were disabled.

Thank you
Regards,

Dustin "Basic"

B.A. Political Studies
Computer Systems Technologist
BasicExp.com

AirMcLaren
Greg's Ego
PSN: AirMcLaren

Aug 14, '17, 12:34pm

The Legend at the bottom of the main page lists the Global Moderators as plural and the Support Moderators as singular.

I would imagine they should both display in the singular form.

Legend: Management, Global Moderators, Support Moderator, Kinda Funny
PSN: AirMcLaren
Twitter: @thechrismclaren
Battle.net: AirMcLaren#1687
Discord: AirMcLaren#6427

Mavryk
Management
Management

Aug 17, '17, 12:36am

AirMcLaren wrote:The Legend at the bottom of the main page lists the Global Moderators as plural and the Support Moderators as singular.

I would imagine they should both display in the singular form.

Legend: Management, Global Moderators, Support Moderator, Kinda Funny

The reason for the discrepancy in naming conventions is that the Global Moderators group is a default group that comes with the forums, which we cannot change :( Good news is, we have merged the Global and Support mods into one team, so it won't be as noticeable.
► Show Spoiler

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums

Oct 08, '17, 2:25am

Can we please get all the smilies on one page under 'View more smilies'? I don't understand why they're broken up into 3 pages when they don't even fill a paragraph.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

Mavryk
Management
Management

Oct 10, '17, 1:06am

Raging Light wrote:Can we please get all the smilies on one page under 'View more smilies'? I don't understand why they're broken up into 3 pages when they don't even fill a paragraph.

LOL I didn't even know they were there. I've always used the ones on the main screen PizzaParty
► Show Spoiler

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums

Oct 10, '17, 7:59am

NickTongue
Mavryk wrote:
Raging Light wrote:Can we please get all the smilies on one page under 'View more smilies'? I don't understand why they're broken up into 3 pages when they don't even fill a paragraph.

LOL I didn't even know they were there. I've always used the ones on the main screen PizzaParty

Damn it, Mavryk! You're supposed to know these things! NickTongue

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums
Steam: Frostilyte

Oct 10, '17, 8:10am

Mav, do you actually know the feasibility of doing this? It'd be really nice to have, especially given some people (like yourself) didn't even know there was multiple pages of emotes.
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog
Steam: Frostilyte
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Oct 10, '17, 12:10pm

I'd like to have some kind of drop down menu for the emotes instead of a whole separate page. Kind of like using a spoiler tag.

But idk if that's a plausible thing to do. I'm just throwing out ideas here.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

Mavryk
Management
Management

Oct 13, '17, 3:22am

Frostilyte wrote:Mav, do you actually know the feasibility of doing this? It'd be really nice to have, especially given some people (like yourself) didn't even know there was multiple pages of emotes.

No Im afraid not. Looking in the Admin CP it just gives you a list which you can reorder, but it doesn't allow you to select how many show in a page. There *may* be a setting somewhere in a ini file somewhere that could be modified, but that's a Devon question.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “The Front Desk”