JustinDHB
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Mr

KF Twitch Chat Support And Appeals

Oct 11, '16, 11:04am

JustinDHB and I probably last used it around late last year or early this year.

Lindsay
Greg's Ego
PSN: LindsayKelsey

Oct 11, '16, 11:22am

JustinDHB wrote:JustinDHB and I probably last used it around late last year or early this year.

You've been unbanned

JustinDHB
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Mr

Oct 11, '16, 1:56pm

Thank you so much!

SyntheticNature
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Dec 05, '16, 12:07pm

The moderators need to chill out, they go banhammer crazy sometimes. The mods will often time out or ban people who don't violate anything other than the moderator's power trip. Some of the mods need a banhammer themselves.

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Dec 05, '16, 12:32pm

SyntheticNature wrote:The moderators need to chill out, they go banhammer crazy sometimes. The mods will often time out or ban people who don't violate anything other than the moderator's power trip. Some of the mods need a banhammer themselves.

Do you have examples? Because often people get timed out for making multiple comments, as we look at their entire chat history. So, you might not be seeing that. Also, our ban list is very small and most weeks nobody gets banned. There is an increased amount of timeouts during events like PSX because some people in chat don't know how to be respectful, especially when there are women on the stream.

Also, if you have an issue, I'd encourage you to whisper a mod during the stream and point it out.

SyntheticNature
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Dec 05, '16, 12:55pm

I got timed out the other night for making a small joke about Colin and the new world order and the mod said chill out, I responded "no you" and he timed me out for 5 minutes. Seems like an abuse of power. It made me not want to resub if mods are going to treat fans like slaves. Ill record the timestamp next time.

rvarg007
Unsung Hero
PSN: rickvargas
Steam: rvarg007

Dec 05, '16, 1:06pm

SyntheticNature wrote:I got timed out the other night for making a small joke about Colin and the new world order and the mod said chill out, I responded "no you" and he timed me out for 5 minutes. Seems like an abuse of power. It made me not want to resub if mods are going to treat fans like slaves. Ill record the timestamp next time.

Mods don't treat fans like slaves. If you were given a warning and then fired back with that comment some mods take that as trolling and will time you out. Next time add a Kappa or an emote to make it more playful.

I can look it up if you give me your twitch username, either here or in a PM.
Twitter: @rvarg007 Twitch: ricky0426 Snapchat: ricky0426

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Dec 05, '16, 1:28pm

SyntheticNature wrote:I got timed out the other night for making a small joke about Colin and the new world order and the mod said chill out, I responded "no you" and he timed me out for 5 minutes. Seems like an abuse of power. It made me not want to resub if mods are going to treat fans like slaves. Ill record the timestamp next time.

What's your Twitch username?

OneZeoN
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Dec 13, '16, 12:02pm

Hi

Just tried to subscribe to Kindafunny on twitch but keeps saying I'm banned when I chat etc.
Can I be unbanned please as not even sure why I am :(

Twitch user name is onezeon

Thanks and hopefully be a sub soon!

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Dec 13, '16, 12:04pm

OneZeoN wrote:Hi

Just tried to subscribe to Kindafunny on twitch but keeps saying I'm banned when I chat etc.
Can I be unbanned please as not even sure why I am :(

Twitch user name is onezeon

Thanks and hopefully be a sub soon!

Yep!

xiggy_yggix
Best Friend
PSN: cl0setdweller

KF Twitch Chat | Support And Appeals

Jun 02, '17, 12:20pm

I feel like my issue was abuse of power from a mod. it was about 10 minutes before stream on June 1st, i was talking to the chat about a subject i fount interesting and it seemed like people were relying. at one point a mod said "Say that one more time" so jokingly I did and bam i was timed out for 600 second, seems a bit too excessive so i messaged him and he said he didn't time me out and informed me that it was another moderator. i attempted to contact him and he never replied to me. i never got an answer why. the moderator I've been told is ECHODIVISION5 i had an issue because i was following the chat rules and i had no warning.

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Jun 02, '17, 1:33pm

xiggy_yggix wrote:I feel like my issue was abuse of power from a mod. it was about 10 minutes before stream on June 1st, i was talking to the chat about a subject i fount interesting and it seemed like people were relying. at one point a mod said "Say that one more time" so jokingly I did and bam i was timed out for 600 second, seems a bit too excessive so i messaged him and he said he didn't time me out and informed me that it was another moderator. i attempted to contact him and he never replied to me. i never got an answer why. the moderator I've been told is ECHODIVISION5 i had an issue because i was following the chat rules and i had no warning.

Hey, just letting you know I've seen this & myself or someone else will get back to you shortly.

Edit: Echo should have sent you a whisper on Twitch. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

xiggy_yggix
Best Friend
PSN: cl0setdweller

Jun 02, '17, 2:40pm

Lindsay wrote:
xiggy_yggix wrote:I feel like my issue was abuse of power from a mod. it was about 10 minutes before stream on June 1st, i was talking to the chat about a subject i fount interesting and it seemed like people were relying. at one point a mod said "Say that one more time" so jokingly I did and bam i was timed out for 600 second, seems a bit too excessive so i messaged him and he said he didn't time me out and informed me that it was another moderator. i attempted to contact him and he never replied to me. i never got an answer why. the moderator I've been told is ECHODIVISION5 i had an issue because i was following the chat rules and i had no warning.

Hey, just letting you know I've seen this & myself or someone else will get back to you shortly.

Edit: Echo should have sent you a whisper on Twitch. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

its all good now thank you

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Jun 02, '17, 2:41pm

xiggy_yggix wrote:
its all good now thank you

No problem, happy to help!

Return to “The Front Desk”