Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Question about the PS I Love You spiritual successor

Jun 08, '17, 11:56am

This is a really dumb question but I'm very curious about how the new show will be shot.

In PS I Love You the camera was largely ignored and pulled back a bit. In Colin & Greg Live they are positioned in front of the camera. How will it be shot for the new show?

I personally really liked the set up for PS I Love You because it made you feel like a fly on the wall watching 2 knowledgeable dudes have a really interesting conversation.

The reason why I ask this question is because it's been announced to take place during the second half of Colin & Greg Live and Colin & Greg Live as I said is usually positioned in front of the camera as if you are speaking to the audience but if this show is supposed to take the DNA of PS I Love You & Beyond shouldn't it be shot the same?

Anyone can answer this. Greg, Tim, Kevin, Andy, whoever. I don't know if any of them will see this but I don't really know where to post this because if I do it on Twitter it'll probably be missed and there really isn't enough room to type all this there.

Thanks.

GameOverGreggy
Kinda Funny
Kinda Funny

Re: Question about the PS I Love You spiritual successor

Jun 08, '17, 12:46pm

Hey--

Haha. I love your breakdown of how hard it is to be seen on Twitter AND have the space to respond. <3

My plan for the show -- and that's subject to input and collaboration from the boys -- is that it's going to look like PS I Love You XOXO. If you saw the update video, the moving consoles I use at one point is the moving background that will be on the wall.

The plan is that the show is pre-produced like Beyond and PS I Love You XOXO. So, no talking to the chat, no sub bar, etc. We come in and have a conversation about games where your input is via email/forms.

Make sense?
Greg

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jun 08, '17, 12:49pm

GameOverGreggy wrote:Hey--

Haha. I love your breakdown of how hard it is to be seen on Twitter AND have the space to respond. <3

My plan for the show -- and that's subject to input and collaboration from the boys -- is that it's going to look like PS I Love You XOXO. If you saw the update video, the moving consoles I use at one point is the moving background that will be on the wall.

The plan is that the show is pre-produced like Beyond and PS I Love You XOXO. So, no talking to the chat, no sub bar, etc. We come in and have a conversation about games where your input is via email/forms.

Make sense?
Greg

Gotcha. Thanks.

Now I'm excited.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jun 08, '17, 12:53pm

GameOverGreggy wrote:your input is via email/forms.

A live forum thread would be cool now that I think about it. Where, instead of reading emails you could go to the thread where you can get live feedback/questions/comments/etc so in case there is some breaking news people have a way of speaking to you.

GameOverGreggy
Kinda Funny
Kinda Funny

Jun 08, '17, 1:10pm

Jay wrote:A live forum thread would be cool now that I think about it. Where, instead of reading emails you could go to the thread where you can get live feedback/questions/comments/etc so in case there is some breaking news people have a way of speaking to you.

I hear you, but I'm not going to do that to start. One of the reasons I think the Morning Show is the way it is and PSILYXOXO was the way it was came down to live interaction vs. pre-programmed. Trying to keep up with new information inevitably leads to "Uh... wait... what..." moments. I want to nip that in the bud here.

I was thinking of trying to get a Stat Boy like PTI on ESPN. You ever watch that? Basically, the hosts go and go, and at the end, they ask Stat Boy what they got wrong and he rattles off things/questions they screwed up. I don't think Kevin would be up for it though. Need to stew on it.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jun 08, '17, 1:25pm

GameOverGreggy wrote:
Jay wrote:A live forum thread would be cool now that I think about it. Where, instead of reading emails you could go to the thread where you can get live feedback/questions/comments/etc so in case there is some breaking news people have a way of speaking to you.

I hear you, but I'm not going to do that to start. One of the reasons I think the Morning Show is the way it is and PSILYXOXO was the way it was came down to live interaction vs. pre-programmed. Trying to keep up with new information inevitably leads to "Uh... wait... what..." moments. I want to nip that in the bud here.

I was thinking of trying to get a Stat Boy like PTI on ESPN. You ever watch that? Basically, the hosts go and go, and at the end, they ask Stat Boy what they got wrong and he rattles off things/questions they screwed up. I don't think Kevin would be up for it though. Need to stew on it.

Makes sense. And if the show is daily I suppose it doesn't really matter if you are only a day late on some news stories.

How will you be handling the game trailers though? Yknow how normally on Colin & Greg Live when a game trailer is dropped you will do a live reaction to it. Will this be part of the new show or will you no longer be doing them or will you do a separate Kinda Funny reacts series for the really important trailers (like Patapon 4)? I know you will be reacting to E3 stuff but I'm talking about beyond (BEYOND!) e3, like on normal days.

And that ESPN thing, I haven't because... sports PortyDumb but maybe Andy could do it?

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Jun 08, '17, 2:05pm

GameOverGreggy wrote:

Yes have an errors section like PTI that would be sweet haha

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jun 08, '17, 2:08pm

Chaz wrote:
GameOverGreggy wrote:

Yes have an errors section like PTI that would be sweet haha

Is any of this on YT? I wouldn't know what to search.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jun 08, '17, 2:12pm

Jay wrote:Is any of this on YT? I wouldn't know what to search.

https://youtu.be/jNEG1DP32v0

https://youtu.be/VHQBKXa7ux4

not the normal hosts or stat guy but thats how its done. RT Glitch Please has a researcher off screen called their Side Glitch that does something similar but its more he does research during so they arent staring at a computer. WHat Greg wants to do is probably closer to PTI which i think I'm more in favor of as they aren't butting in during stories or anything like that
Last edited by Chaz on Jun 08, '17, 2:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wiskysin
Shadow Boxer

Jun 08, '17, 2:13pm

Jay wrote:Is any of this on YT? I wouldn't know what to search.

https://youtu.be/OeP1VRnmv_s?t=20m28s

Time Stamped to start at 20m28s.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jun 08, '17, 2:24pm

Worth a shot.

Brotherhood93
Greg's Ego
PSN: M_O_T1919

Jun 08, '17, 2:54pm

GameOverGreggy wrote:I was thinking of trying to get a Stat Boy like PTI on ESPN. You ever watch that? Basically, the hosts go and go, and at the end, they ask Stat Boy what they got wrong and he rattles off things/questions they screwed up. I don't think Kevin would be up for it though. Need to stew on it.

Suggestion for this if you can't find somebody to be your stat boy. I don't know if you've ever listened to an Easy Allies podcast but at the start of every show they have a corrections segment where Kyle rattles off all the things they got wrong the previous week, the EZA community picks them up on the corrections and it adds a little more engagement with listeners and I find cuts down on the "OMG HOW COULD THEY NOT KNOW THAT?" outrage. I think it works really well and would probably work even better for a daily show where you take 1-2 minutes at the start of the show to correct anything you got wrong the previous day.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jun 08, '17, 2:59pm

Brotherhood93 wrote:Words

Hey. You are back! :D

Brotherhood93
Greg's Ego

Jun 08, '17, 3:05pm

Jay wrote:Hey. You are back! :D

Yes.

Greg and I talked privately today. Everything is good. kfsmile

Paulogy
Producer
PSN: paulogy

Jun 08, '17, 3:07pm

Where should we submit questions for the show? Will listener questions be used every day, or perhaps only certain days of the 5 day week?
[ w w w . p a u l o g y . c o m ]

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jun 08, '17, 3:08pm

Brotherhood93 wrote:

Yes.

Where's your mod status then bro?

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jun 08, '17, 3:26pm

Brotherhood93 wrote:

Yes.

Any plans to return to the mod team?

Paulogy wrote:Where should we submit questions for the show? Will listener questions be used every day, or perhaps only certain days of the 5 day week?

It would be kinda pointless to make a thread right now. It's 11 days away. Everything would be outdated by then.

Brotherhood93
Greg's Ego

Jun 08, '17, 3:32pm

Jay wrote:Any plans to return to the mod team?

This wasn't actually one of the things discussed with Greg but I assume from what was said there'd be no problem with that. I think it might be wise to take a break for a while though. If I can put on my mod hat for one more moment however, don't derail the thread. kftongue

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jun 08, '17, 3:40pm

Brotherhood93 wrote:
Jay wrote:Any plans to return to the mod team?

This wasn't actually one of the things discussed with Greg but I assume from what was said there'd be no problem with that. I think it might be wise to take a break for a while though. If I can put on my mod hat for one more moment however, don't derail the thread. kftongue

Here me out though, if we had another mod on the team that means the forums would be even better for when Greg does read stuff from the forums for his PS I Love You spiritual successor.

There. I made it relevant. ^_^

Paulogy
Producer
PSN: paulogy

Jul 13, '17, 12:36pm

Paulogy wrote:Where should we submit questions for the show? Will listener questions be used every day, or perhaps only certain days of the 5 day week?

Oh, there's an answer to this now: http://www.kindafunny.com/kfgd
[ w w w . p a u l o g y . c o m ]

Return to “Kinda Funny”