MisterStuart27
Producer
PSN: Konshentz

Re: Greg's Chicken Wing Recipe

Feb 01, '16, 5:43pm

I made these tonight. They were delicious and will be added to the Super Bowl menu. I failed at the whole picture taking thing. They looked lovely though.

Tidal Town
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: T1DAL TOWN
PSN: SF2K4
NNID: tidaltownusa
Steam: Tidal Town

Feb 01, '16, 6:03pm

Transfigurations wrote:Not a fan of breaded wings.

I'm with you. I've always been a naked wing drenched in sauce kind of guy, so I'll stick to Greg's original (and delicious) recipe.
Roll Tide | Go Braves | SMASHVILLE | Titan Up

Tidal Town
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: T1DAL TOWN
PSN: SF2K4
NNID: tidaltownusa
Steam: Tidal Town

Feb 04, '16, 7:03pm

Just made 8 lbs of Greg's original wings for our work party tomorrow; simmering down some white BBQ sauce to toss them in then. Might have put in a tad too much apple cider vinegar (and maybe not enough horseradish). We'll see how well they're received.
Roll Tide | Go Braves | SMASHVILLE | Titan Up

Kandid
Unsung Hero
XBL: Kandid
PSN: kandidjeff@hotmail
Steam: kandidjeff

Feb 05, '16, 2:25am

Made them tonight, definitely the best meal I've ever personally cooked.

https://twitter.com/JeffWamsley/status/ ... 9825452032

JRV
Baller

Feb 11, '16, 5:34pm

I used the recipe for the batter and used it to cook up some steak fingers which turned out well and for chicken fried steak that I pan fried which worked well too.

southpaw
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Greg's Chicken Wing Recipe

Feb 14, '16, 10:37am

Korean BBQ style wings:

Only variations:

- Added sweet potato starch to the batter (to have the sweet crunchiness typically used in Asian popcorn chicken)
- Covered in combination of Chili Garlic sauce and Spicy Bulgogi sauce

Was great! Thanks for the original recipe.

tjboo
Pure One
PSN: tjboo

Feb 28, '16, 4:22am

Tried it with some finer bread crumbs this time. They tasted better than the first time. Also think we got the sauce better by cutting the garlic more finely.

JerriKoe
Baller
PSN: jerrikoe
NNID: JerriKoe
Steam: JerriKoe

Feb 28, '16, 5:20am

tjboo wrote:Also think we got the sauce better by cutting the garlic more finely.

I've made the same mistake last time I made the sauce. My friends like to use the sauce as a dip and the garlic pieces just stay in the sauce. Not ideal.
"No one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful." - Wade Watts
G+ community I moderate: Gamer 2 Gamer, Patreon: JerriKoe

Lowmansdue
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: Lowmansdue

Mar 05, '16, 7:18am

FingerBang

So I don't know how old this thread is but I just watched Greg cook up some bad ass looking wings. And maybe this will make it to the big G.

I know I have seen a lot of people talking about frying their wings and you should really give it a try health wish you will get more unhealthy fat from leaving the skin on your chicken wings than you ever will frying them if you fry properly. The wings will also take less time to cook if you try them just have a drain rig set up for when you take them out of the pan. A great option is a cooling rack flipped so it lays flat on some paper towels and you can keep them in your oven at about 200 degrees while you do your batches.

Another fun thing to try is make your own buffalo sauce take your favorite hot sauce, a couple of table spoons of butter (which is perfectly fine if you don't eat sticks of it a day), a couple of splashes of Worcestershire sauce, and minced garlic (you can press it if you like).

Hope I could be of service
Lowmansdue

Lindsay
Greg's Ego
PSN: LindsayKelsey

Mar 05, '16, 4:17pm

Lowmansdue wrote:FingerBang

So I don't know how old this thread is but I just watched Greg cook up some bad ass looking wings. And maybe this will make it to the big G.

I know I have seen a lot of people talking about frying their wings and you should really give it a try health wish you will get more unhealthy fat from leaving the skin on your chicken wings than you ever will frying them if you fry properly. The wings will also take less time to cook if you try them just have a drain rig set up for when you take them out of the pan. A great option is a cooling rack flipped so it lays flat on some paper towels and you can keep them in your oven at about 200 degrees while you do your batches.

Another fun thing to try is make your own buffalo sauce take your favorite hot sauce, a couple of table spoons of butter (which is perfectly fine if you don't eat sticks of it a day), a couple of splashes of Worcestershire sauce, and minced garlic (you can press it if you like).

Hope I could be of service
Lowmansdue

Chicken skin/fat isn't unhealthy for you. It's mostly monounsaturated fat and a little saturated fat. Both things we need in our diets GregTongue

#TeamSkin
#TeamBone
#TeamFat

JerriKoe
Baller
PSN: jerrikoe
NNID: JerriKoe
Steam: JerriKoe

Mar 06, '16, 2:56pm

After making the wings for a third time, I just wanted to say that you could save on lots of flour and bread crumbs by reducing the amounts to 85g of flour and 160g of bread crumbs. (1/2 cup flour, ca. 1 1/3 cups bread crumbs for our American forum users. :P)
Even that will leave some leftover flour/bread crumbs mixture but I think that's okay because you want to bathe the wings in there so they really get coated from all sides.

For my European mainland people that have a problem finding a good sauce, I already mentioned https://pfefferhaus.de and can only recommend their homemade sauces. I've bought the Habanero BBQ with Hickory smoke and Yucatan honey and it has the perfect spiciness, not too hot, not too mild. Right in the middle.
"No one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful." - Wade Watts
G+ community I moderate: Gamer 2 Gamer, Patreon: JerriKoe

Calrissien
Unsung Hero
XBL: Calrissien
PSN: Kuruption84
Steam: Kuruption84

Mar 06, '16, 3:11pm

This has been my go to recipe ever since Greg dropped this video. I actually use it to make buffalo chicken sandwiches too.
[url=http://steamsignature.com]

PandaChris
Pure One

Apr 03, '16, 1:14pm

portilloHulkamania portilloHulkamania portilloHulkamania portilloHulkamania portilloHulkamania These are on the menu for Wrestlemania tonight portilloHulkamania portilloHulkamania portilloHulkamania portilloHulkamania portilloHulkamania

Spn3
Pure One
PSN: Spn3
Steam: Spn3

May 01, '16, 12:17pm

Made these today for lunch - they were good but I think I over-sauced the wings. They weren't as crisp as I expected. I think I'm going to also process the panko in a food processor with the flower to get it slightly finer so it more evenly coats the wings. I think this may lend to more consistency in the crunch factor.

Pewpewlazer
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: Cowthesundevil

May 07, '16, 9:17pm

Just followed the recipe to a T but I had 4 pounds so I doubled it! Yummy yummy in the tummy!

Lindsay
Greg's Ego
PSN: LindsayKelsey

Feb 05, '17, 10:11am

I need to see some Super Bowl wings GregGunnar

sirdoom34
Best Friend
XBL: SIRDOOM34
PSN: sirdoom_34

Feb 10, '17, 11:44pm

100% gonna try this and eat way too much. I shoulda done it for the Super Bowl, but I completely forgot this was uploaded.

icyflamez96
Unsung Hero

May 04, '17, 5:41pm

I'm going to try this very soon.

meal5
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Oct 01, '17, 11:32pm

This cranberry-glazed chicken dish is a family favorite and so easy. It's just 5 ingredients (not including salt and pepper). The trick to this dish is to sauté the chicken breasts and then deglaze the pan with the cranberry mixture. Here’s another tip: if you have leftovers, put the chicken in a corn or flour tortilla (or a lettuce leaf if you really want to keep it healthy) and pack it for a nutritious lunch.

Ingredients​​​​​​

4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
¾ cup whole cranberry sauce
¼ cup apricot jam
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice

Link my recipe: https://meal5.com/simple-healthy-recipe ... ken-breast

AnnaPalmer
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Oct 11, '17, 5:27am

Amazing!