User avatar
prototypetom
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 661
Joined: May 28, '15, 7:44am
Location: Exeter
PSN: prototypetom
Contact: Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 05, '17, 5:05pm

Joey's role trumps (can we say that now?) everything else. and everything else was GOOOOOD.
Image Image

User avatar
icyflamez96
Unsung Hero
Posts: 156
Joined: May 17, '15, 5:31pm

Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 05, '17, 9:40pm

Also. I listen to Colin and Greg Live a TON while working out, running, or doing something where I can't watch the screen. It's still a great experience.

kcrust09
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Posts: 3
Joined: Feb 25, '16, 8:34am
PSN: KCthechief08
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 06, '17, 12:24am

For the $2 Patreon tier that they announced, if you support at $2 for both KF and KF games do you get twice the chance to win? Just wondering before I upgrade my support on both!

User avatar
Eastwood89
Best Friend
Posts: 15
Joined: Nov 24, '16, 1:16pm
Location: Belgium
XBL: TPG Eastwood991
Contact: Twitch

Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 06, '17, 12:35am

So many good announcements! They especially showed how much they listen to the community. They really listened to the criticism from some parts of the community and took it to heart. Now they're trying to resolve the issues the best way they can: bringing on extra people to help out. Joey Noelle as community manager is a slam dunk and looking for a full-time editor is also a great decision for being able to pump out more interesting content.
All the other changes they're making really make sense and there were some other really cool announcements as well (KFL2 video and more animated show and doodles). I think 2017 is gonna be another great year for Kinda Funny!
Now I hope they really do release the details for KFL3 asap. I'm going to the Bay Area for a wedding in May and would really like to catch KFL3 while I'm there, but I need to know how long of a vacation I need to ask for from work. I really hope I can make it to the show.
:kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda :kinda

Image

User avatar
Barry_burtons_beard
Pure One
Posts: 95
Joined: May 17, '15, 3:09am
Location: England

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 06, '17, 12:59am

I hate to be a negative Nancy but I'm pretty sour about the change to Colin and Greg Live. I get that because of the change it allows Colin to do Colin Was Right, so there's a silver lining, but it just narks me a little bit that this is dressed up as a change for the good of the community. Last year they polled us about what should be changed about Colin and Greg Live and the community overwhelmingly voted to keep it the same, and keep both Colin and Greg on the show as much as possible.

Again, honestly, I hate being negative about this. I get that things change. I get that there's good to come from this. I'm just a little bit sad because Colin and Greg Live is my favourite Kinda Funny show and I watch it every day. Whenever Colin/Greg aren't on it I feel like it loses something, and if neither of them are on then it just isn't something I'm interested in. The change essentially seems to mean that the show is going to stop being the thing I love most about Kinda Funny, and start being a thing I occasionally watch.

I understand that some people don't care about this show or think it's irrelevant, and I get that some people like Tim and Nick being on it more, but for me this is just pretty lame news on an otherwise splendid day of announcements.
Image

User avatar
Eve Narlieth
Baller
Posts: 1294
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:16am
Location: UK
PSN: gabieve

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 06, '17, 2:44am

Really liked the news. Getting a community manager is great! I hope to see her around the forums.
I don't watch C&G live, so I'm happy Colin will have more time to dedicate to Colin was right. My hope is that one day he and Jim sterling will strongly disagree about something and have a video battle PogChamp

I didn't care much about the KFL2 video being delayed, but now that I've seen the trailer, I really want to watch it.

Hope KF has a great 2017 portilloNick
Image

User avatar
BlurTriX
Best Friend
Posts: 12
Joined: May 27, '15, 10:54pm
Location: Vancouver
PSN: BlurTriX
Steam: BlurTriX
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 06, '17, 2:49am

Loved the announcements today! Joey Noelle as the Community Manager was a great choice. Can't wait to go and watch Kinda Funny Live 2 later as well. The stream in general today was just a blast but I can't wait for Kinda Funny Live 3 news portilloKevin
Image

User avatar
Brotherhood93
Greg's Ego
Posts: 4165
Joined: May 17, '15, 12:24pm
Location: Leeds, England
PSN: M_O_T1919
Contact: Twitter

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 06, '17, 3:58am

Barry_burtons_beard wrote:I hate to be a negative Nancy but I'm pretty sour about the change to Colin and Greg Live. I get that because of the change it allows Colin to do Colin Was Right, so there's a silver lining, but it just narks me a little bit that this is dressed up as a change for the good of the community. Last year they polled us about what should be changed about Colin and Greg Live and the community overwhelmingly voted to keep it the same, and keep both Colin and Greg on the show as much as possible.

Again, honestly, I hate being negative about this. I get that things change. I get that there's good to come from this. I'm just a little bit sad because Colin and Greg Live is my favourite Kinda Funny show and I watch it every day. Whenever Colin/Greg aren't on it I feel like it loses something, and if neither of them are on then it just isn't something I'm interested in. The change essentially seems to mean that the show is going to stop being the thing I love most about Kinda Funny, and start being a thing I occasionally watch.

I understand that some people don't care about this show or think it's irrelevant, and I get that some people like Tim and Nick being on it more, but for me this is just pretty lame news on an otherwise splendid day of announcements.

I understand what you're saying but since the latter part of last year it seemed like we rarely actually got Colin & Greg together on the show and that sometimes got a negative reaction in Twitch chat. If they cannot commit to being on the show regularly then there is no point continuing to call it that. Personally, I feel like they lost interest in C&G Live and the show dipped in quality.

The show was Colin's baby and something he originally cared a lot about but now his focus seems to be Colin Was Right and his new book. It's a shame for fans of the show but I'd rather see them making the content they are passionate about than continuing to do something they've lost interest in. I think Tim and Nick bring a better, more positive energy to the show when they're on.
Image

User avatar
Barry_burtons_beard
Pure One
Posts: 95
Joined: May 17, '15, 3:09am
Location: England

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 06, '17, 4:19am

Brotherhood93 wrote:
Barry_burtons_beard wrote:I hate to be a negative Nancy but I'm pretty sour about the change to Colin and Greg Live. I get that because of the change it allows Colin to do Colin Was Right, so there's a silver lining, but it just narks me a little bit that this is dressed up as a change for the good of the community. Last year they polled us about what should be changed about Colin and Greg Live and the community overwhelmingly voted to keep it the same, and keep both Colin and Greg on the show as much as possible.

Again, honestly, I hate being negative about this. I get that things change. I get that there's good to come from this. I'm just a little bit sad because Colin and Greg Live is my favourite Kinda Funny show and I watch it every day. Whenever Colin/Greg aren't on it I feel like it loses something, and if neither of them are on then it just isn't something I'm interested in. The change essentially seems to mean that the show is going to stop being the thing I love most about Kinda Funny, and start being a thing I occasionally watch.

I understand that some people don't care about this show or think it's irrelevant, and I get that some people like Tim and Nick being on it more, but for me this is just pretty lame news on an otherwise splendid day of announcements.

I understand what you're saying but since the latter part of last year it seemed like we rarely actually got Colin & Greg together on the show and that sometimes got a negative reaction in Twitch chat. If they cannot commit to being on the show regularly then there is no point continuing to call it that. Personally, I feel like they lost interest in C&G Live and the show dipped in quality.

The show was Colin's baby and something he originally cared a lot about but now his focus seems to be Colin Was Right and his new book. It's a shame for fans of the show but I'd rather see them making the content they are passionate about than continuing to do something they've lost interest in. I think Tim and Nick bring a better, more positive energy to the show when they're on.


Yeah. I totally understand that. I think I'm just of the opinion that out of the two options, I'd personally rather that the solution to Colin and Greg being off C&GL more and more would be for them to start being on it more, and not to change the name to accommodate the more regular appearances of Tim and Nick. And I get that it gets negative reception in the chat - I'm in there, I see it, and it's grim - but despite how cringe-inducing some of the backlash is, it comes from a place of disappointment, I guess, because people want Colin and Greg. That's what the consensus was when Tim was advocating they change up the C&GL formula last year. People didn't want it.

Hey, it's not the end of the world. Kinda Funny produces more than enough content that I love. And as much as I love C&GL, it did throw my schedule for a loop sometimes when I wanted to watch it but had other things to do. Only watching it a couple of times a week won't be too much of a disaster.

I suppose from the corpse of C&GL we get Colin Was Right which is looking good so far. So that's something.
Image

User avatar
Vane
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2049
Joined: Feb 15, '16, 7:41pm
Location: Manchester, UK
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 06, '17, 7:43am

Awesome that they've put their audience at the forefront of the announcements they made yesterday. Hiring a community manager is a great way to help cement that & it was something that was much needed at times last year. Congratulations to Joey, I hope to see her on the forums a bit more.

Hiring an editor should lift some of the workload and allow the guys more time to focus on further improving the content of their shows, which is obviously a good move.

People are really pleased they're putting the Twitch show on YouTube & podcast services and understandably so, I just hope that the change to the name and Colin being on a day or two less are the only changes to the Twitch show & the guys don't alter what they do to cater to Youtube regarding copyright strikes. Especially since when Tim & Nick are on the one thing everyone likes them for most is basically spending an hour watching random stuff on the internet - The Internet Explorers. One of my favourite things about the show is watching new trailers for games & films and seeing the guys immediate reactions whilst being able to join in the conversation too. The show Tim & Nick did before Christmas where they watched old IGN videos was one of the best shows they've done. It would suck if they'd lose what makes the show special.
Last edited by Vane on Jan 07, '17, 10:35am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
The Good Sir
Pure One
Posts: 63
Joined: Jan 06, '16, 9:29am
Location: Simi Valley, CA
PSN: The_Good_Sir
Contact: Website Twitter

Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 06, '17, 10:58am

I was lucky enough to be off work yesterday so I got to watch along live, which was great.

1) First off, I'd like to give a Big Congrats to the new KF Community Manager Joey Noelle! This is definitely something that needed to happen in order to help unify all the KF Best Friend social medias. I know Joey will do a great job and I can't wait to see what she has planned.

2) Secondly, while I'm sad to see C&G Live being given the Old Yeller treatment, I'm excited for the KF Morning Show. I think cycling in Tim and Nick will help keep the show fresh and give a different vibe when they're on. Not that I don't love Colin, because I do. He is one of my favorite people in this industry, and I love his banter with Greg. That said, it has been evident for a little bit now that Colin is ready to try new things and his focus is shifting... I can't wait to see more of Colin Was Right!

3) A Big, Big Shoutout to The Pure One Tim Gettys for his amazing edit of KFL2. It was 100% worth the wait. I wish I could have made it last year, and like you guys talked about on the GOG Show, seeing this video definitely makes me sad that I gave up too easily and didn't find a way to be there. That said, I'm 100% going to KFL3. I can't wait to find out more info about it.

Congrats on 2 Years of Kinda Funny! I can't wait to see how 2017 unfolds.

Much Love,
The Good Sir
Image

User avatar
TheHiketeia
Producer
Posts: 330
Joined: Jun 09, '15, 9:55am
Location: Seattle, WA
PSN: TheHiketeia
NNID: TheHiketeia
Steam: TheHiketeia
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 06, '17, 11:29am

Congratulations to the Entire KF team on a great 2016!

Super excited for Joey Noelle, one of the OG Kinda Hunnies, to be rocking that Community Manager role. I think improved communication will help the KF community manage some expectations (and also get hyped!)

Excited about the news regarding the shows - I look forward to Colin Was Right finding its voice and comfort zone as a show. I secretly always loved the Nick and Tim "Internet Explorers" shows of C&GL, so I'm glad the KFMS will have rotating folks.

As always, so happy to be part of this community and proud of the great content you guys create.
It all began with a Nintendo 64 in 1996...
Now I'm all about that Playstation Nation/PCMR.


Image

User avatar
GameOverGreggy
Kinda Funny
Kinda Funny
Posts: 662
Joined: Apr 03, '15, 1:22pm
Location: San Francisco
Contact: Website Facebook Twitter YouTube

Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 06, '17, 1:38pm

kcrust09 wrote:For the $2 Patreon tier that they announced, if you support at $2 for both KF and KF games do you get twice the chance to win? Just wondering before I upgrade my support on both!

Correct.
Image

User avatar
themoose5
Pure One
Posts: 93
Joined: Sep 15, '15, 1:09pm
Location: Chicago, IL
PSN: biG_moose_5
Steam: themoose5
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 07, '17, 10:32am

A little sad to see C&GL go but I'm looking forward to seeing the new KFMS and all of the other changes coming in 2017!

I'm so happy to see you guys doing so well and continuing to improve the business and community!

Here's to another great year!
PSN: biG_moose_5
Steam: themoose5

GO HAWKS!
ImageImage

User avatar
danman31
Producer
Posts: 382
Joined: May 23, '15, 11:19pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 07, '17, 4:00pm

I don't think this is really a Kinda Funny thing, more of a Patreon thing, but it's a huge deal that the early RSS feeds exist now. It's a little thing, but it's so much nicer to have the gamescast on my phone's podcast app or on itunes as opposed to having to use a Soundcloud link that doesn't save my spot if I close the page or switch devices.

As weird as it may sound, this is the biggest deal from the announcements to me. Before, I felt like I was paying to get something early, but with a less convenient way to consume it. Now it's the same experience as if I waited and I'm still getting it early. Thumbs up.
Image

User avatar
JonoHimself
Unsung Hero
Posts: 111
Joined: Aug 14, '16, 3:01pm
Position/Title: Author/epic dude
Location: Australia
PSN: Jono-himself
Contact: Website Facebook Twitter

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 08, '17, 2:11pm

The RSS feeds are a major bonus. Listening to GOG in Soundcloud is a pain in the butt, so I hope the exclusives follow the same format soon (though I assume it's more complicated).

User avatar
deathaspeckt1
Unsung Hero
Posts: 177
Joined: Jul 02, '15, 4:42am
PSN: deathaspeckt1
NNID: aspeckt1
Steam: aspeckt1
Contact: Twitter

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 09, '17, 1:23am

As everyone has said, the Patreon RSS feeds are amazing. It drove me fucking crazy not having them all in one place. Now I can have everything in the Podcasts app on my phone! Awesome work.
Image

User avatar
pauLAW
Pure One
Posts: 40
Joined: May 17, '15, 9:12am
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 09, '17, 3:08am

I took time off work to watch the show as I often do and because my opinions are probably more negative than most of you here I have been talking myself out of posting any kind of response in fear of upsetting people and potentially upsetting the guys should any of them ever read my post. I have thought about this long and hard - I followed the guys from IGN and have supported them from the start. I created accounts on Patreon and Twitch ONLY to support Kinda Funny and they remain the only content creators that I financially support so I will give my feedback and hopefully you guys will not take this to heart, its just my opinion.

Personally I have been disappointed with the changes and I think it goes back further than just the updates given on Kinda Funny Day. Colin and Greg are the main reason I am here. Podcast Beyond was the start and this lead into shows like A Conversation with Colin which I adore to this day. The relationship between them guys was always inspiring and I used to cringe when I heard Colin say that one day Kinda Funny would grow and they could take a more behinds the scenes type role - this conflicts with the reasons I am here in the first place.

Kinda Funny the animated series is not for me. Its a passion project and I think its great that they have this for the people here that do love it but I cant help but feel sad about the shows that were dropped to make way for this... Videogame book club was great, yeah we missed deadlines and had some issues but we got together as a community and played some awesome games! A brilliant idea that fit so well was dropped so quickly. A Conversation With Colin was dropped, I heard some mixed things about this show. I heard that it was coming back and then Colin also said we get a Conversation with Colin every day on Colin & Greg Live - Now this has re-branded to "A Kinda Funny Morning Show" and I do understand why but I also know this means we see less of Colin (Can you tell I am a Colin fan?).

The changes to Patreon I have mixed feelings about - I don't think charging $15 a month to potentially get a question answered by the guys is a fair price and I cant help but feel like most the changes made have been done so in aim for you all to increase your pledge. Things you could once get at the entrance $1 donation will now cost a little more but I understand they need to grow and want to keep making more money. This brings me into the Ads - Kinda Funny has grown so much over these last couple of years and they have a lot of sponsorship. I was pleased to heard Greg say the Ads at the beginning of the shows would get shorter.

Greg keeps saying that they heard our feedback and made changes based on our feedback... Colin sent a survey out to backers only a few short months into founding Kinda Funny to get what they called vital feedback from us. This survey asked the right kind of questions and unless I have missed it, I have seen nothing since. This feedback Greg talks about must be from the vocal few, the people who post on Reddit or YouTube but I know a lot of supporters do not post or do not know the right channels to be heard. I would love to see these happen every 6 months or so and I am sure they would give the guys some interesting data.

Anyway, sorry this was so long. Congratulations to the new editor and of course to Joey on her new role with the guys. A community manager will help but I also don't want this to mean that the community loose touch with the guys all together, I know how much a personal nod from them means to the community. Posting the daily show onto YouTube each day is a great move and one I am pleased to see! Tim - I am grateful for you putting 100 hours of care into editing Kinda Funny Live 2! Last time I checked I was unable to watch this in the UK but hopefully that will be resolved soon, I have been looking forward to it. - I am a huge Kinda Funny fan and I know before posting this that my views are not going to fall in line with a lot of the best friends, I am in no way trying to convince anyone that things here are bad - I just wanted to open up about my own opinions.

Paul.
PSN - pauLAW
STEAM - Paul7751

User avatar
Brotherhood93
Greg's Ego
Posts: 4165
Joined: May 17, '15, 12:24pm
Location: Leeds, England
PSN: M_O_T1919
Contact: Twitter

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 09, '17, 3:57am

You shouldn't fear posting your opinion just because you haven't got 100% positive things to say. As long as you post in a constructive and respectful manner there's nothing wrong with criticism, it's that criticism that helps Kinda Funny get better. For what it's worth I agree with a lot of what you say.

pauLAW wrote:Kinda Funny the animated series is not for me. Its a passion project and I think its great that they have this for the people here that do love it but I cant help but feel sad about the shows that were dropped to make way for this... Videogame book club was great, yeah we missed deadlines and had some issues but we got together as a community and played some awesome games! A brilliant idea that fit so well was dropped so quickly. A Conversation With Colin was dropped, I heard some mixed things about this show. I heard that it was coming back and then Colin also said we get a Conversation with Colin every day on Colin & Greg Live - Now this has re-branded to "A Kinda Funny Morning Show" and I do understand why but I also know this means we see less of Colin (Can you tell I am a Colin fan?).

I feel the same way about The Animated Series and I too want to know what is going on with A Conversation with Colin, we were promised another season last year but nothing ever came of it.

Greg keeps saying that they heard our feedback and made changes based on our feedback... Colin sent a survey out to backers only a few short months into founding Kinda Funny to get what they called vital feedback from us. This survey asked the right kind of questions and unless I have missed it, I have seen nothing since. This feedback Greg talks about must be from the vocal few, the people who post on Reddit or YouTube but I know a lot of supporters do not post or do not know the right channels to be heard. I would love to see these happen every 6 months or so and I am sure they would give the guys some interesting data.

I completely agree but I think with Joey now hired as community manager it will make things like this much easier on them. She is certainly aware of what people are saying, she will be on the forums, facebook, twitter, reddit, etc. and she will relay people's concerns back to them. Maybe there will even be another Patreon survey down the line.
Image

User avatar
Vane
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2049
Joined: Feb 15, '16, 7:41pm
Location: Manchester, UK
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Day! | Jan 5th 11am-4pm PST

Jan 09, '17, 4:06am

Brotherhood93 wrote:
pauLAW wrote:Kinda Funny the animated series is not for me. Its a passion project and I think its great that they have this for the people here that do love it but I cant help but feel sad about the shows that were dropped to make way for this... Videogame book club was great, yeah we missed deadlines and had some issues but we got together as a community and played some awesome games! A brilliant idea that fit so well was dropped so quickly. A Conversation With Colin was dropped, I heard some mixed things about this show. I heard that it was coming back and then Colin also said we get a Conversation with Colin every day on Colin & Greg Live - Now this has re-branded to "A Kinda Funny Morning Show" and I do understand why but I also know this means we see less of Colin (Can you tell I am a Colin fan?).


I feel the same way about The Animated Series and I too want to know what is going on with A Conversation with Colin, we were promised another season last year but nothing ever came of it.


I think 'Colin Was Right' is 'A Conversation With Colin', only the subject matter is fixed to video games rather than about anything.

pauLAW wrote:Tim - I am grateful for you putting 100 hours of care into editing Kinda Funny Live 2! Last time I checked I was unable to watch this in the UK but hopefully that will be resolved soon, I have been looking forward to it.


It's been working since it posted, unless you tried to watch on mobile in which case it still doesn't work, you should be able to watch it on a laptop, console or TV.
Image

Return to “Kinda Funny”