theindieboy
Unsung Hero
PSN: theindieboy

Workarounds for issues watching KFL2

Jan 09, '17, 6:45am

The problem with KFL2 happend to the orginal Kinda Funny Live a while back having previously worked, the guys looked into at the time but could not work it out so dont expect a fix, likely due to the amount of copyrighted music in it. KFL2 is currently avaliable for Patreons $1 and up on either Patreon pages goes public early Feb when it will be a lot easier to access on other devices as can just search for it, in the mean time:

I have found & tested are several ways of accessing it in the UK (other countries with issues i can't vouch but number 2 should work most places as spoofs the country the device is in)!

The video should work on PCs etc this is probably the easiest way to watch, if you are having issues watching on PC and having issues please let me know what country you are in.

If you don't have a pc/laptop or want to watch on go/tv etc here are some ways to get access if one does not work in your country please let me know device and country will create a table with what works where etc.

1. Watch it in the browser and click desktop mode, know this is pretty crappy compared to the app experience but simplest fix. (Thanks Amy Gils for this one)
There should be some dots at the top in the Youtube banner (this is where to option is to go to desktop mode) you then need to hold down the desktop mode link till a meny apears then: Click open in new window (IOS) and for android i needed to use open in new incognito window then switch to desktop mode (open new tab did not work) this is to prevent it launching the app but tested on iOS and Android in the UK on 06/02/2017

2. Get a free VPN i justed hexatech on IOS to watch KFL2 several times, think it might have decreased the quality slightly some of the time but is free easy and quick to turn on and off etc. (Will be testing android vpns at lunch any suggestions please let me know)

3. Search for it on PS4/go to kinda funny channel as now public old method below as may help for Patreon Youtube links etc

(Access the video on mobile, when you see the blocked screen like the video, this way you can go to PS4 (and likely xbox/ps3 etc) and go to youtube app Libary -> Created Playlists -> Liked videos, i have tested and this works great in the UK)

4. Cast your phone to TV/Console even though playing from phone Tom Matthews reports this to be working in Ireland. Will conduct some tests later to confirm

As i say milage fror other countries may vary, if anyone in Japan/Canada etc has issues and find any of these methords work/dont work let me know please so can change advise

Hope it helps if anyone knows of other methods etc please let me know will look to keep this up to date and if i get enough date put together a table with which methods work in which countries etc.

Hope this helps, enjoy it's a great video and see if you can spot me in the crowd not too hard I am rather large #Teamfat
Last edited by theindieboy on Feb 16, '17, 3:50am, edited 5 times in total.

vitzpatel
Shadow Boxer
PSN: vitz1985

Jan 09, '17, 8:28am

Thank you for this post, especially the tip about watching it on PS4. I recognising so many faces in the crowd now as this community continues to grow.

I happened to have this on while i was doing some grown ass man tasks around the house (read that as ironing like a boss) and it was genius. Got through half of the video and will catch the rest of the video over the next week or so.

The PS4 YouTube app is really great at resuming where you left off, so it's very much an ideal viewing experience.
psn: vitz1985 | twitter: @vitzpatel | random ramblings: @vitzpatel on Medium

theindieboy
Unsung Hero

Jan 09, '17, 8:59am

vitzpatel wrote:Thank you for this post, especially the tip about watching it on PS4. I recognising so many faces in the crowd now as this community continues to grow.

I happened to have this on while i was doing some grown ass man tasks around the house (read that as ironing like a boss) and it was genius. Got through half of the video and will catch the rest of the video over the next week or so.

The PS4 YouTube app is really great at resuming where you left off, so it's very much an ideal viewing experience.

Great glad it works for you, it actually syncs with other devices to resume, so watched half on ipad using method two then resumed on ps4 at where i left off.

Anyone else expecially Canada or Japan please let me know the results!

theindieboy
Unsung Hero

Jan 26, '17, 8:48am

Have seen some people say that none of this worked for them, anyone still stuck not able to watch, in a couple of weeks there will be a lot more people trying i suspect want to ensure they can watch the amazing video Tim made! :kinda

theindieboy
Unsung Hero

Re: Workarounds for issues watching KFL2

Feb 06, '17, 2:59am

Right the video is now public so a lot easier to find on things like PS4 etc but if you are having issues please let me know device and country so can keep track of what works where to help others. Will monitor and be on twitter etc give me a shout if you need a hand. Well worth and hoops to watch Tims amazingly edited video
Thanks
Mark