DamianNM
Kinda Funny Moderator
Kinda Funny Moderator
PSN: Spyack44
Steam: Damiannmaher

GameOverGreggy Show Topic Suggestions | Jan + Feb 2017

Aug 24, '15, 7:23am

GameOverGreggy Show Topic Suggestions

______________________________________________________________________________________________

About This Thread:

Occasionally, the guys look towards the community for topics for the show. Mostly, that means going to Kinda Funny's Patreon page where Patrons who sponsor Kinda Funny $150 per month are able to get their topic on the show. But sometimes the guys look to the wider community to come up with suggestions for interesting topics of conversation. This is the place to submit those suggestions.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Rules:

One question per person per month:
This rule is not only to ensure everyone has an equal chance of getting their question answered on the GameOverGreggy Show, but also to encourage you to ask thoughtful questions that haven't been asked before.
If you have additional questions you'd like to ask, you can tweet Nick @Nick_Scarpino NickNastyor Greg @GameOverGreggy GregPsycho.

Repeat questions will be ignored portilloDismissed :
Please browse through the main post to see questions that have already been asked.

Keep video game related questions for the Gamescast:
MOBANerd Video game questions can be posted in the Gamescast Topic Suggestion Thread.

Posts that do not follow the rules DieHard (e.g. asking several questions) will not be added to the main post

At the end of February all suggestions will be removed:
The thread will be purged GregStink and the suggestions for March and April will begin.

How to give your suggestion the best chance of being on the show:

Be as concise as possible and edit your questions:
Questions that are shorter, more concise, and well edited portilloHotTim have a greater chance of being read. Try not to write a full paragraph, or add your own answer into the question.

Try not to repeat questions from previous months:
Newer and more relevant portilloNick questions are more likely to be picked.

Get your questions in EARLY.
ColinApproves

Only ask questions that would be relevant to the GameOverGreggy Show GregRad .
If your question is more relevant to another Kinda Funny show, there is a greater chance of it being answered if you go to that show's suggestion page:
Gamescast
Love and Sex Stuff

(Though the two shows can cover the same content, some questions that you have may be more relevant to Love and Sex Stuff.)
PS I Love You XOXO
You can also visit the Kinda Funny: The Essentials thread for links to all of the pages for Kinda Funny's shows.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this thread, specifically, please feel free to message DamianNM.

Questions:

Click the spoiler tags to see if your question has been asked by someone else already.

Page 1
► Show Spoiler

DamianNM
Kinda Funny Moderator
Kinda Funny Moderator
PSN: Spyack44
Steam: Damiannmaher

[New] GameOverGreggy Show Topic Suggestions

Apr 02, '16, 3:06am

! Message from: DamianNM
Post reserved for questions.

Brock2621
Best Friend
PSN: brock2621

Re: GameOverGreggy Show Topic Suggestions

Jan 01, '17, 3:39pm

How Kinda Funny Operates Successfully As A Business

Hola from the horse shit capitol of the world (Lexington, KY)! Brand new Best Friend here; I've been thinking about supporting you all for a couple months now and the launch of "Colin Was Right" gave me the last push I needed, thanks.

As Founder/Partner of a boutique ad agency with 10-12 employees, I can imagine the stress and endless hours of work that went into formulating, organizing and launching the new Kinda Funny business (especially all the headaches with paperwork, trademarking, tax filings, payrolls, W-Forms etc.)

I know you have a wide audience spectrum that might not grasp the intricacies of building a new business but could possibly be looking into starting or managing their own one day. I was hoping you could speak to your experience starting up (as granularly as you have time for) as well as help reframe the conversation of how advertisers empower you all to actually be able to provide your services in a free variety (as a response to some of the complaints about ads I see in the comments). Listening/viewers should be grateful when you all sign more and larger brands. A brand whose advertisers start to dry up can potentially lead to harder times.

Happy New Year Boys & Long Live Kinda Funny!

Ponthegan
Pure One
Steam: Ponthegan

Jan 03, '17, 1:46pm

From bucket hats and skidz pants to man-buns and yoga pants, fashion-sense has evolved slowly, yet surely, since the 90's but it's difficult to see that change occur while it's happening. What does the Kinda Funny team, being the chic and voguish gents that you are, see as the new break-through fashion trends in the upcoming years?

Resetti
Best Friend
PSN: Resetti

Jan 05, '17, 8:12am

I was hoping you guys could talk about the Mandela Effect! In the instance of my experience with this I remember the Berenstain Bears spelled as the Berenstein Bears. There are definitely a lot of memories from people in the world that seem to be false. What do you guys think about this subject? Is everyone just crazy or getting to the point in their age where they have a memory lapse?

janhellyeah
Best Friend
PSN: AcidFueled

Jan 05, '17, 12:08pm

Hello guys!

Have you ever been scared of something but eventually come to love it? I remember being extremely scared of Chucy, the killer doll or puppet-like monsters in general. When I was younger I used to cry every time they show it on television because my siblings would watch it to intentionally make fun of me. However, when I hit my teen years, I started laughing at his antics hysterically, especially the movies before the reboot. I still get abit jitty when it comes to puppets and horror dolls to some degree, but I love Chucky.

A51StyleR
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 06, '17, 4:33pm

Hello friends! I will make this short and sweet. Recently my girlfriend and I have had a disagreement and we need your opinion. My question for you is: Do you consider a movie series with a Part 1 and Part 2 two different movies, considering they come out a year or more apart, or do you consider it one movie. For example Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Part 2

Maia Luke
Best Friend
PSN: Fighter World_10

Jan 08, '17, 8:39pm

Hey Colin and Greg as someone who owns a Vita, I agree with you guys this system needs more love, I just beat Legend of heroes trails of cold steel , at first I thought persona 4 golden was my Number 1 Vita game ( its still my fave vita game mind you ) but trails of cold steel blow my mind, since I went in thinking I was getting a generic JRPG but I was wrong, from political intrigue to awesome turn base mecha battles and a crazy cliffhanger, ( I don't see a lot of Jrpg do this ) this game might be my new number 1, so I wanted to hear you guy's opinion as hardcore supporters of the Vita, what was your opinion on the legend of heroes franchise ? anyways you guys rock and continue too be well...Kinda funny. :kinda

Kozibear
Unsung Hero
PSN: kozinawesome
NNID: Kozinawesome

Jan 10, '17, 10:48pm

You guys should talk about Devo's Whip It for a good 40 minutes. You could also stream Castlevania for 40 minutes and blast Devo's Whip It over the stream.
I blog about things sometimes, as people my age do.
Check out these bloggings here!

Tafmaet
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 10, '17, 10:54pm

I know you guys have done the topic of what would you be doing if you were not at Kinda Funny but, my question is, what job would you absolutely never do? Being a U.S Army veteran, I've seen / done my fair share of gross and dumb things from cutting grass with scissors to burning human waste (deployments in Iraq). Would Colin never be a mortician, could Greg never deal with being a run of the mill office assistant? What jobs could you never see yourself doing and why? Much love, Tafmaet!

ShutUpPabs
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 11, '17, 10:27pm

Guys, congrats to me, I just bought a PS4. I did it. Besides the games like Uncharted 4, which came with my purchase, what other obscure, or otherwise interesting PS4 exclusives should I or any other new PS4 owners should play.

Crown
Best Friend
Position/Title: Indie Dev

Re: GameOverGreggy Show Topic Suggestions | Jan + Feb 2017

Jan 14, '17, 7:52am

Hey guys,

Do you feel like your connections in the industry have strengthened or weakened as a result of your move away from IGN to independent company? How has the move affected your ability to make new connections in the industry?

Thanks!

TheParadisiac
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: darrenaw18
PSN: darrenaw16
Steam: TheParadisiac

Jan 15, '17, 4:26am

Cheating/Divorce
I'll try to keep this short, but there's a lot of personal info that should be taken into account. I'll leave that out.
I'm nearly 23, and this past week my Mother found out that my dad was cheating on her. They've been together for 30+ years, and this is a complete shock to all of us. My little brother (20) looks up to me to try and understand how he should feel, but I don't even know what to think. How have you guys coped with divorce and/or cheating in your life? Thanks!

JJGee
Baller
PSN: Night-MareW
Steam: JJGee

Jan 15, '17, 4:36am

If someone made a 90's-style superhero cartoon about Kinda Funny, in which each of you got superpowers that reflect your personalities and nature (NOT powers that you WANT, but ones that align with what you're like), what would those powers be for each of you, and what would you call yourselves, both individually and as a group? Include Kevin at your discretion.

m15anthr0pe
Best Friend

Jan 15, '17, 11:46am

Can the guys do a topic about racism vs being offensive. I feel like these terms are used equally all the time when they shouldn't be. While they aren't mutually exclusive, I feel that racism has a more sinister undertone that shouldn't be diminished.

16BitsOfAwesome
Pure One
XBL: I6BitsOfAwesome
NNID: jamesdavis86

Jan 17, '17, 8:35pm

Are there any technologies, electronic or not, that have been around for years that you feel should be updated for the modern age?

One of my examples is the toilet. We have products like the Squatty Potty to improve the way people use a toilet, but I often wonder if we can completely redesign and improve the way we poop from the ground up.

FelineRampage
Best Friend
XBL: FelineRampage
PSN: Feline_Rampage
Steam: FelineRampage

Jan 19, '17, 6:24am

Hello guys!

I know we've done this one in the past, but i'd be keen to re-visit this. Discussion on/around what you currently like to drink (alcohol), and why.

Colin likes his bourbons etc, and Greg likes the beers. Be interested to know what you drink, where you source it , and so on. Does what you drink change? do you ever venture into something new?

I've got a bit of a collection going on myself of Single Malts and some pricey Tequila. portilloSeducer
PSN - Feline_Rampage
XBL - FelineRampage
Steam - FelineRampage

:kinda

Mr_Jems
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 19, '17, 11:23pm

Hey Guys, heeeeeeey Kevin <3

Your awesome work has inspired me over the years and your ability to make me feel like I have more friends then I actually do is truly appreciated, and it has urged me to start my own podcast to try to recreate that feeling to like minded individuals.

My topic, how did you guys get started in podcasting. Do you have any early stories to share from your first few times behind a mic.

Love you guys, Can't wait to see you at RTX Sydney, your best friend,

James

mac013
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 20, '17, 1:37pm

What would you put in your apocalypse bug out bag?

SimonSolo
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: pixel rose

Jan 21, '17, 2:09pm

Hey guys.

I have a serious question.

I work in a job where I use a pc a most of the day. After work I come home and put in 1 or 2 hours of gaming.
I just bought Watch Dogs 2 but sadly I had to stop because of the joints in my thumbs were starting to ache.
this pain has caused me to get this checked out with a local GP.

My question is: Do you suffer from joint problems because of games and if so how to you treat it?

I am not looking for medical advice, I just thought its an interesting question that could help gamers become more aware of gaming injuries

Thanks. portilloKevin