DamianNM
Kinda Funny Moderator
Kinda Funny Moderator
PSN: Spyack44
Steam: Damiannmaher

Gamescast Question Suggestions

Jul 16, '15, 4:19pm

Gamescast Question Suggestions | Jan 2017

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Please read before posting:

Thread Rules:

1. One question per person per month: This rule is not only to ensure everyone has an equal chance of getting their question answered on the Gamescast, but also to encourage you to ask thoughtful questions that haven't been asked before. If you have additional questions you'd like to ask, you can tweet Tim @TimGettys portilloPure1.

2. Repeat questions will be ignored GregStink : Please browse through the main post to see questions that have already been asked.

3. Posts that do not follow the rules (e.g. asking several questions ColinSpoon ) will not be added to the main post.

4. At the end of January all suggestions will be removed: The thread will be purged portilloDismissed and the suggestions for February will begin.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Helpful Tips:

1. Please be as concise as possible and edit your questions:

2. Please try not to repeat questions from previous months: Newer and more relevant questions are more likely to be picked. YoungOne

3. Get your questions in EARLY: Your questions have a greater chance of being picked if you submit them earlier in the month. ColinApproves

4. Only ask questions that would be relevant to the Gamescast. If your question is more relevant to another Kinda Funny show, there is a greater chance of it being answered if you go to that show's suggestion page:

5. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this thread, specifically, please feel free to message DamianNM.

Questions:

Click the spoiler tags to see if your question has been asked by someone else already.

Pages 1 & 2
► Show Spoiler

Page 3
► Show Spoiler

DamianNM
Kinda Funny Moderator
Kinda Funny Moderator
PSN: Spyack44
Steam: Damiannmaher

[New] Gamescast Topic Suggestions

Apr 02, '16, 3:00am

! Message from: DamianNM
Post reserved for questions.

Forge
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Level Designer

Gamescast Question Suggestions | November 2016

Jan 01, '17, 11:18am

Hi Guys,

Happy New Year!

As you guys have an interest in trophy/achievement design and a history of hunting for them when playing games, I was wondering what you thought of Game Informer's Best Achievements and Trophies of 2016 and what in your opinion would you add to the list that is missing?

OUTLAWREAVER
Pure One
XBL: OUTLAWREAVER8
PSN: DIKU8
NNID: OUTLAWREAVER

Jan 03, '17, 9:27am

Hey guys, wanted to know your thoughts on Gamestop's publishing label GAMETRUST's signed developers? Here's the breakdown:

Insomniac Games - Song of the Deep
Frozenbyte - Trine series
Ready At Dawn - The Order 1886
Tequila Works - Deadlight & RIME

Ponthegan
Pure One
Steam: Ponthegan

Jan 03, '17, 11:37am

With games having become greatly complex and multifaceted experiences, is our use of genres (e.g. adventure, platform, strategy) to define a game still a useful/reliable tool to organize and categorize them, or do you see it more of an anacharnistic model which may inadvertently damage a game's communicability and exposure?
Last edited by Ponthegan on Jan 03, '17, 9:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tastings
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Gamer
PSN: Tastings

Jan 03, '17, 8:49pm

Hey guys,

I was on the KF Facebook group last month whining about never having a question read on any of the shows. Then like a one winged angel from heaven, Tim replied and told me to ask a question in 2017, and he would read it on the Gamescast! I thought long and hard. I didn't want to let the pure one down! So here it goes:

Why don't the big 3 console companies steal from each more often? I started thinking about this when I was playing Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. It was basically the Pokémon game I always wanted and it was on a PlayStation home console! Why don't they steal Zelda, Mario Kart, or 3D Mario games from Nintendo? Steal Gears of War and Halo from Xbox? Steal The Last of Us, Infamous, and Resogun from Sony?

Thanks for reading my question, you guys are Kinda Awesome!

Real_Radec13
Unsung Hero

Jan 04, '17, 2:11pm

Is it possible that Crystal Dynamics is now moving on from Tomb Raider and working on a new Legacy of Kain?

Back in November 2015, Crystal Dynamics senior designer Michael Brinker said that there's a "50/50 chance" of a new game in the series developed by them. He goes saying that there are in-house developers in the studio who really want to make that game. Also with the leaked Shadow of the Tomb Raider rumored to be developed by Square-Enix Montreal, and the main writer of the Tomb Raider reboot series leaving the franchise, does this all point to Crystal Dynamics developing a new Legacy of Kain?

Thanks for all you guys do, Bart from Toronto.

WhoDeyredlegs27
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Re: Gamescast Question Suggestions | November 2016

Jan 04, '17, 9:58pm

*Hey, listen!*

You guys often talk about your favorite video games, obviously, but I rarely hear you talk about your favorite video game characters. I'd love to hear what you guys think are the best video game characters of all time, or just the ones that you think are the best. Top 10, most influential, most important to you, whatever. Just would like to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks for all that you do, love the show, and keep up the good fight.

WhoDey2715

P.S. mine would include Link (Hero of Time of course), Mario/Luigi, Banjo Kazooie, Lara Croft, Nathan Drake, Ratchet and Clank, Joel and Ellie and Snake.

MattaNuey
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jan 05, '17, 8:54pm

Colin! can you give us your breakdown of your dream Mega Man game. E.g story, how the game play would be, etc. Thanks portilloMegaColin

Intech36
Best Friend
PSN: Intech37

Jan 06, '17, 9:02am

Hi guys,

with all the shenanigans of micro transactions, half baked, lacking content etc. good examples, Rainbow Siege, The Division, Titanfall 2, Sims 4 and the list goes on. I'm falling out of the video game market with all this bullshit, how do you guys avoid this frustration!?

Thanks,
Intech

Thundernut01
Best Friend
PSN: Thundernut01
Steam: Thundernut01

Jan 08, '17, 10:29pm

Hi Guys,

With Mass Effect's recent announcement of a release on March 21st, the number of potential quality games coming out in the next 3-4 months is becoming truly mind boggling. Do you guys think this is going to negatively impact the potential sales of the Switch? The rumors of Nintendo moving Zelda's release back up to the Switch launch is also seemingly an indicator that Nintendo is acknowledging internally that the release schedule is becoming crowded, and they need to compete. Are you guys worried about the Switch launch at all at this point? If not for this reason, is there another reason to be worried?

Thanks,

-Justin
Youtube: The Player's Take - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9HwF ... w27RXblQ4A

I do let's plays and a discussion show weekly where I give my thoughts on games! I'm looking for friendly, intelligent viewers who just want to talk about games and the news in the industry. Please check it out!

ByranH85
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: ByranH85

Jan 09, '17, 7:47pm

Hey guys, long time, first time

Firstly Tim absolutely EPIC job on the KFL2 video goes to show why every member of the KF Community should be proud to be just that!

So my question is with the Switch by the time of you reading this having a release date and a price point as well as fingers crossed a good not ridiculously stacked launch line up, What do you guys think Nintendo would see as successful sales figures for the hardware in 2017 and after the information now at all our disposals are the 3 of you still just as hyped for March and fingers crossed the rebirth of Nintendo?

Love to Hear your thoughts
Byran from good old Blightly (cue Gregs awful British accent)

PS Colin was Right, Let Tim Host!
:kinda

Doctor_Sneaki
Best Friend
PSN: Doctor_Sneaki

Re: Gamescast Question Suggestions | November 2016

Jan 09, '17, 10:11pm

Hey Tim, Greg and Colin,
With what happened with Xbox and Scalebound (which was called!) what do you think is Microsoft's problem? This happened with Phantom Dust and I just read it happened years earlier with Obsidian. I always truly wondered the difference between Sony and Microsoft and I think it comes down to the first-parties, or for Microsoft lack there of. Should Microsoft focus on making first-party studios instead of wasting third-parties' time? I'd love to hear you guys thought.

Thanks for the content,
DoctorSneaki

PS I love Colin was right

KoRnTOOL
Best Friend

Jan 10, '17, 2:35pm

Sup dooooods! Now that we are seeing digital games become more of a popular way to get your games. Do you think that our gaming libraries will carry over and stay with us throughout all generations of consoles? Maybe seeing backwards compatibility become more of a common thing. Kinda like buying a game or album from iTunes/App Store will always be in your account and ready to download no matter what iPhone you got.

Urthwurmjim
Best Friend
PSN: BoBaggs

Jan 10, '17, 7:53pm

Hey All.

I'm really late to the game, but I just saw your "Jimquisession" between Misters Moriarty and Sterling from a few years ago. Really well done.
Colin and Jim, thank you both for being so open and honest with your anxiety issues as you spoke. As someone who deals with similar issues and can even have a hard time with groups of close friends at the drop of a dime, I appreciated hearing you both speak about it.
Colin (and anyone else who's dealt with this), can you think of a key moment that gaming helped you through your anxiety? It's definitely helped me, and I wonder, as games continue to mature and push new boundaries, if they can take a more active role in aiding their audiences. With developers and games carefully tackling a wide range of issues (1979 Revolution, That Dragon Cancer, Hellblade, etc.), do you think there is a responsibility for some games to address and help with issues such as anxiety? And if so, how?

Keep on doin' what you're doin'

ItsThatDave
Pure One
PSN: Arnaud1218

Jan 11, '17, 11:48pm

Hey guys,

With the Nintendo Switch conference happening here soon, I wanted to throw a situation at you.

Lets say when the Switch does come out, it is a total bomb, worse then the Wii U. What could you see Nintendo doing? Could they just say fuck it were just going to make games for the 3DS and Mobile and that's it.

Or could they go the route of just being a developer and bring all our favorite classics to the PS4 and Xbone, because think of the money that could be made if they just make they're sweet ass games for the more popular systems.

Or what if they just ride the nostalgia train and keep releasing NES classic, SNES classic, so on and so forth.

Would love your thoughts

Dave

CalebG
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: Pistol 101

Re: Gamescast Question Suggestions | Jan 2017

Jan 12, '17, 1:40am

Hi guys :)

I wanted to ask you a serious question about this console generation. I'm an Xbox-exclusive owner, but have listened to every episode and love learning about all games media. My question is: is it sometimes better to be on the "losing" side of gaming? Xbox had an awful start, but the loss and Phil Spencer gave us features like backwards compatibility, the Xbox Elite Controller, Design Labs, Xbox Play Anywhere for cross-platform play, consistent first-party releases, a great slim model, and Scorpio on the way, presumably spawned out of the initial Xbox One launch debacle. Not trying to incite anything, just want a genuine discussion.

Thoughts and opinions?

-Caleb

SuperCerberus
Pure One
XBL: AmbiguousNight
PSN: SuperCerberus
NNID: CerberusSoldier

Jan 12, '17, 8:18am

Hey Grimolin,

I'm curious, what are your most "controversial" gaming opinions? You know, the thoughts you have that no one else seems to agree with. For instance, I believe that Super Mario 3D World/Land are better than Super Mario Galaxy. Yeah, that's right.

Thanks,

SuperCerberus

PrettyChillGuy311
Best Friend
XBL: TheChillGuy311
PSN: AWESOMEgamer875
Steam: prettychillguy

Jan 12, '17, 9:51am

What's up guys?

My question is one regarding No Man's Sky. Needless to say, the game is never going to be what Hello Games and Sean Murray had hoped for after it's terrible (and I mean terrible launch) last fall.

If it were to be included as a PlayStation Plus "free" title, do you think that would help or hinder the current situation going on with No Man's Sky, a game that the developers are still actively trying to fix?

Thanks, and keep fucking that chicken.

-Samuel Adams (Yeah, like the beer.)

Naihar
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: nayharsunstrider

Re: Gamescast Question Suggestions | Jan 2017

Jan 13, '17, 1:09am

Good day to all of you! Sorry for my English, it isn't my native language) I watched your reaction video about switch presentation and agree with you on many occasions. Also I watched similar video from IGN. And I have a feeling they holding themselves back from saying that they really thinking. About disappointments after presentation for example. Everyone seems unnaturaly excited about console and even some stupid (in my opinion) games like 1,2, Switch. For me it's not about this situation alone, I also have watched Game Informer podcast about FF XV. And again there was something in the air...some sterility. Almost like they were bound by some obligation to not to say something too bad about this game (and game have many serious flaws). My question is "Do you think big game-related websites have too much censorship? To the point where you can't make difference between opinion of the journalists and tendency to not anger game publishers or the big three (Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo)."