This is with regards to Tim's statement that EA are lazy and therefore FIFA 18 looks bad on the Switch!
*INSERT GREG RANT*
TIM, YOU'RE WRONG!
- The switch is powered by a custom NVIDIA Tegra processor ala The Google Pixel C tablet or the NVIDIA Shield tablet.
- It is 512 GigaFlops of Floating Point performance
- As a comparison, even the PS4 is 1.84 Teraflops of performance
- As a developer, you would have to choose between dedicating that for graphics versus gameplay.
- The reason is that FIFA has a lot of other math calculations for AI that would take up processing power and graphics would need to take a backseat.
THIS DOES NOT MEAN EA IS LAZY. NOT OPTIMIZED MIGHT BE A BETTER WORD.
*END GREG RANT*
Love you Tim, keep up the good work!