petey0000
Pure One
Posts: 32
Joined: Jun 21, '17, 12:52pm

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 12, '18, 12:45pm

Tim said Need for Speed Rivals got panned, I think he's thinking of Payback? Rivals came out in 2013.

User avatar
abrack
Pure One
Posts: 28
Joined: Jun 26, '17, 12:07pm
Location: Dallas, Texas
PSN: abrack08
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 12, '18, 12:48pm

Not sure if Andy was just trolling, but of the two squids, Marina definitely looks more like Beyonce than Pearl does.
EDIT: Looks like he corrected himself :)
Last edited by abrack on Feb 12, '18, 12:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
PortyDumb

User avatar
Xyger1337
Seducer
Posts: 511
Joined: Apr 15, '15, 8:02pm
Location: Redlands
XBL: Xyger1337
PSN: Xyger1337
NNID: Xyger1337
Steam: Xyger1337
Tags: Xyger1337
Contact: Facebook Google+ Twitter YouTube Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 12, '18, 12:49pm

Andy is wrong, the girl he liked is Marina (right), Marina is the one he talked about, asked for lewd fan art of, and is the waaaaay better sister. He confused the names. Pearl is the pink pig looking one who everyone hates because she's awful. (slight biased)

Image
Last edited by Xyger1337 on Feb 12, '18, 1:05pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox Live: Xyger1337 -- PSN: Xyger1337 -- Nintendo Network ID: Xyger1337 -- Steam ID: Xyger1337 -- Patreon: Xyger1337 -- Twitter: Xyger1337 -- YouTube: Xyger1337 -- DeviantArt: Xyger1337 -- Twitch: Xyger1337 -- Other: Xyger1337

User avatar
abrack
Pure One
Posts: 28
Joined: Jun 26, '17, 12:07pm
Location: Dallas, Texas
PSN: abrack08
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 12, '18, 12:51pm

Xyger1337 wrote:Andy is wrong, the girl he liked is Marina (left), Marina is the one he talked about, asked for lewd fan art of, and is the waaaaay better sister. He confused the names. Pearl is the pink pig looking one who everyone hates because she's awful. (slight biased)

Image


^Xyger is wrong because Marina is on the right in this image, not left
PortyDumb

User avatar
KBABZ
Pure One
Posts: 92
Joined: Jan 07, '16, 2:11am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
PSN: KBABZ
Contact: Skype YouTube Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 12, '18, 12:52pm

It is impossible for Kevin and Greg to have played 30 hours of Monster Hunter in one night, even collectively.
Last edited by KBABZ on Feb 12, '18, 12:53pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's KBABZ like kebabs! "Kay-babbs" sound dumb.

User avatar
granpappy77
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 08, '16, 11:43am
Location: Vita Island
PSN: granpappy77

Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 12, '18, 12:52pm

Greg said you eat calamari with marinara, but calamari is usually eaten with a spicy fra diavolo sauce.

RayCharlizard
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Posts: 4
Joined: Aug 15, '17, 1:01pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 12, '18, 12:53pm

abrack wrote:
Xyger1337 wrote:Andy is wrong, the girl he liked is Marina (left), Marina is the one he talked about, asked for lewd fan art of, and is the waaaaay better sister. He confused the names. Pearl is the pink pig looking one who everyone hates because she's awful. (slight biased)

Image


^Xyger is wrong because Marina is on the right in this image, not left

Correct, proofs: https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Marina

Ignaciorojas
Unsung Hero
Posts: 113
Joined: May 23, '15, 4:06pm
Location: Chile

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 12, '18, 1:01pm

World of Goo for Switch works like how it did on the Wii in regard of motion controls
Image
Image

User avatar
KBABZ
Pure One
Posts: 92
Joined: Jan 07, '16, 2:11am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
PSN: KBABZ
Contact: Skype YouTube Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 12, '18, 1:04pm

The Weekenders:

Image
It's KBABZ like kebabs! "Kay-babbs" sound dumb.

Shredberg
Best Friend
Posts: 14
Joined: Mar 10, '16, 2:33pm
Location: Best State In the World, California
PSN: Z_shredberg
Contact: Twitch

Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 12, '18, 1:05pm

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is already the best selling Xenoblade game being the first to sell more than 1 million. However, if you combine the sales of Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii and Xeboblade Chronicles 3D on 3DS that has sold slightly more units.

User avatar
Xyger1337
Seducer
Posts: 511
Joined: Apr 15, '15, 8:02pm
Location: Redlands
XBL: Xyger1337
PSN: Xyger1337
NNID: Xyger1337
Steam: Xyger1337
Tags: Xyger1337
Contact: Facebook Google+ Twitter YouTube Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 12, '18, 1:05pm

abrack wrote:
Xyger1337 wrote:Andy is wrong, the girl he liked is Marina (left), Marina is the one he talked about, asked for lewd fan art of, and is the waaaaay better sister. He confused the names. Pearl is the pink pig looking one who everyone hates because she's awful. (slight biased)

Image


^Xyger is wrong because Marina is on the right in this image, not left


ya you right, im bad at directions
Xbox Live: Xyger1337 -- PSN: Xyger1337 -- Nintendo Network ID: Xyger1337 -- Steam ID: Xyger1337 -- Patreon: Xyger1337 -- Twitter: Xyger1337 -- YouTube: Xyger1337 -- DeviantArt: Xyger1337 -- Twitch: Xyger1337 -- Other: Xyger1337

User avatar
KBABZ
Pure One
Posts: 92
Joined: Jan 07, '16, 2:11am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
PSN: KBABZ
Contact: Skype YouTube Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 12, '18, 1:06pm

My name pronunciation: Shut up, Greg!
It's KBABZ like kebabs! "Kay-babbs" sound dumb.

User avatar
KBABZ
Pure One
Posts: 92
Joined: Jan 07, '16, 2:11am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
PSN: KBABZ
Contact: Skype YouTube Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 13, '18, 12:16pm

Pick and mix!

- Valentine's Day has already begun here on the other side of the date line. #morelovin If you have an issue with it you can talk to Greenwich or something.

- More one on Kotaku, Crash N. Sane was a remake, not a remaster.

- If Tim can't be hyped about Spyro, Greg can't be hyped for Patapon. They're in the same boat.

- Skylanders does not bring more attention to Spyro these days. He's only mentioned in the title of the original game (Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure) and hasn't been on the cover since 2013. While he's still in Skylanders, he isn't a marketed part of that series anymore.
Last edited by KBABZ on Feb 13, '18, 12:42pm, edited 4 times in total.
It's KBABZ like kebabs! "Kay-babbs" sound dumb.

Bg2580
Best Friend
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 30, '16, 8:11am
Location: Minneapolis mn
XBL: Xzx bg xzx

Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 13, '18, 12:20pm

Joe Fielder is not actually in prison, he is actually a game director for Otherside Entertainment. Also Andrea, sending love from the Twin Cities. If you ever come back, there has to be a Kinda Funny meet up!

User avatar
CapitalistPig
Unsung Hero
Posts: 179
Joined: Jun 19, '17, 2:59pm
Location: Alameda, CA
XBL: Capitalistpig
PSN: Capitalistpig
Steam: Capitalistpig
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 13, '18, 12:29pm

((Contextual on if Andrea wants to hammer home a point or not. Ignore at your leisure.))

RE: Crash Bandicoot v Spyro sales numbers

Since Andrea reference the sales numbers we gathered from the Pokemon/Zelda debate I figured we would do a quick check here as well.

The Crash Bandicoot series altogether has sold over 50 million units worldwide as of 2007. This number is ten years old at this point, but the series was relatively dead until recently so it shouldn't deviate much.

The Spyro series has sold more than 20 million units worldwide as of March 2010. This number is eight years old and does NOT include the Skylanders totals.


Crash has outsold Spyro 2-to-1.
-Steven Brown

Follow me @Capitalistpig21
Watch me at Twitch.tv/GamePoints

Groovytrons
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Posts: 1
Joined: May 17, '15, 5:11am

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 13, '18, 12:32pm

People care about Spyro the Dragon. I care about Spyro the Dragon.

MattOfDoom
Best Friend
Posts: 14
Joined: Mar 15, '17, 10:16am
Location: Broken Arrow OK
PSN: Matt-Of-Doom
Contact: Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 13, '18, 12:36pm

Hey Greg and Andrea, do you remember (roughly) when the "Games Pass" payment began? would be nice to have a rough starting point. for those who want to do some research including myself.

User avatar
LordofPwn
Pure One
Posts: 57
Joined: Nov 29, '17, 12:29pm
Position/Title: VFX Artist
Location: 515
PSN: LordofPwn
Contact: Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 13, '18, 12:38pm

Groovytrons wrote:People care about Spyro the Dragon. I care about Spyro the Dragon.

there's dozens of us, dozens!

User avatar
CapitalistPig
Unsung Hero
Posts: 179
Joined: Jun 19, '17, 2:59pm
Location: Alameda, CA
XBL: Capitalistpig
PSN: Capitalistpig
Steam: Capitalistpig
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 13, '18, 12:41pm

RE: Movie Ratings and the Law

From what I can tell, this is more complex than it seems.

The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) rating system is completely voluntary, just like the ESRB's rating system is. However, many places choose to enforce this on their own. Much like how stores have rules in place to not sell M games to kids, many theaters have rules in place to keep people from buying R rated movie tickets.

However, there are states like Tennessee that ban the sale of tickets rated R and above to minors.

(see https://law.justia.com/codes/tennessee/ ... 39-17-907/)

The problem is, this doesn't apply to films that are listed as NR (Not rated) so if the studio chooses not to opt into the OPTIONAL MPAA rating system, they can get around it. Additionally, many of these laws only apply to the SALE of tickets.

If someone's 18-year-old brother wanted to buy a ticket and give it to their 12-year-old sister, they could.

However, some states have laws preventing people under the age of 21 from buying more than one ticket at a time to prevent this from happening with as about as much success and you can assume.
-Steven Brown

Follow me @Capitalistpig21
Watch me at Twitch.tv/GamePoints

ceratopz
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Posts: 2
Joined: Feb 13, '18, 12:20pm
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
PSN: ceratopz

Re: Kinda Funny Games Daily: You're Wrong

Feb 13, '18, 12:45pm

re: SoT platinum - you can do it in one playthrough if you do a save switch, there's a part where you have to make a choice, and you need to go down both paths for different trophies, as well as beating the final boss in two different outfits

Return to “Kinda Funny Games”