User avatar
Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3988
Joined: Jun 03, '15, 2:24pm
Location: London ON, Canada
Steam: Frostilyte
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 03, '17, 1:01pm

Frostilyte wrote:How the fuck are you suppose to beat the Harp group? I shit on them the first time I faced them, but lost to them in both of my fights following. They just fly right over my head faster than I can respond by knocking them out of the air. They're just too fucking fast when they're flying with the orb.


I figured it out. You just never let them touch the orb. They can't score against your triumvairate if they never touch the orb. portilloPure1
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog
Steam: Frostilyte
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

User avatar
Eve Narlieth
Baller
Posts: 1341
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:16am
Location: UK
PSN: gabieve

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 06, '17, 2:54am

Frostilyte wrote:
Frostilyte wrote:How the fuck are you suppose to beat the Harp group? I shit on them the first time I faced them, but lost to them in both of my fights following. They just fly right over my head faster than I can respond by knocking them out of the air. They're just too fucking fast when they're flying with the orb.


I figured it out. You just never let them touch the orb. They can't score against your triumvairate if they never touch the orb. portilloPure1


It took me like 4 tries to beat the harpies. I think that's when I started using Tree guy. You can spawn a sapling next to the ball and the AI can be pretty stupid and just run towards the aura portilloPure1

I only used that in extreme situations, and right at the end when I was only left with him and a handful.

What ending did you all choose?

► Show Spoiler
Image

User avatar
Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3988
Joined: Jun 03, '15, 2:24pm
Location: London ON, Canada
Steam: Frostilyte
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 06, '17, 5:14am

Eve Narlieth wrote:It took me like 4 tries to beat the harpies. I think that's when I started using Tree guy. You can spawn a sapling next to the ball and the AI can be pretty stupid and just run towards the aura portilloPure1

I only used that in extreme situations, and right at the end when I was only left with him and a handful.


I didn't even have Volfred for most of my encounters for them. They're an even bigger pain in the dick in the True Nightwing playthrough because they're still in exile and I have to use 7 titan stars in every fight. XD
They're likely my next liberation rite, so I'll be stuck using 8 titans against them. NotLikeThis

Eve Narlieth wrote:What ending did you all choose?

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler


Oh also shameless plug for a full write up on my thoughts of the game for maybe one person who is interested.
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog
Steam: Frostilyte
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

User avatar
Eve Narlieth
Baller
Posts: 1341
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:16am
Location: UK
PSN: gabieve

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 06, '17, 5:46am

Frostilyte wrote:
Oh also shameless plug for a full write up on my thoughts of the game for maybe one person who is interested.


Reading your review made me wish I hadn't finished Pyre already BibleThump I want more of it

It's interesting that you disliked the character control choices that they made. I enjoyed the worm guy being slippery, since he was so fast, and small details like that. It meant I had to learn each character well and that felt rewarding. That was especially true when you start loosing so many playable characters
Image

User avatar
Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3988
Joined: Jun 03, '15, 2:24pm
Location: London ON, Canada
Steam: Frostilyte
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 06, '17, 6:02am

Eve Narlieth wrote:Reading your review made me wish I hadn't finished Pyre already BibleThump I want more of it

It's interesting that you disliked the character control choices that they made. I enjoyed the worm guy being slippery, since he was so fast, and small details like that. It meant I had to learn each character well and that felt rewarding. That was especially true when you start loosing so many playable characters

It's a personal preference thing. I would have preferred a tad more precision, but that just comes down to my personal tastes. It's why downplayed it as a minor gripe.

You could always play more of it you know. That's what I did. XD
The versus mode served me a bit better than my second playthrough has though. Found continuing to play the rites themselves fun as hell.

I want to stew on Pyre a bit more though. I'm not sure if I like it, or Transistor better. Knowing me that's high praise. SeemsGood
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog
Steam: Frostilyte
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

User avatar
Eve Narlieth
Baller
Posts: 1341
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:16am
Location: UK
PSN: gabieve

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 07, '17, 12:00am

Frostilyte wrote:
I want to stew on Pyre a bit more though. I'm not sure if I like it, or Transistor better. Knowing me that's high praise. SeemsGood


Supergiant always seems to out-do themselves. Can't wait to see what they have next

I got the platinum in Pyre so I kinda feel like I've done all there was to do. I heard the second playthrough is very similar (from you and other people) so I don't feel like doing it again. It's not really a new game plus
Image

User avatar
Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3988
Joined: Jun 03, '15, 2:24pm
Location: London ON, Canada
Steam: Frostilyte
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 07, '17, 4:57am

Eve Narlieth wrote:Supergiant always seems to out-do themselves. Can't wait to see what they have next

I got the platinum in Pyre so I kinda feel like I've done all there was to do. I heard the second playthrough is very similar (from you and other people) so I don't feel like doing it again. It's not really a new game plus

But you can get your ass kicked in true nightwing mode. :'D
I say that, but I'm 5 liberation rites in and I still haven't lost one. XD
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog
Steam: Frostilyte
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

User avatar
Eve Narlieth
Baller
Posts: 1341
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:16am
Location: UK
PSN: gabieve

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 07, '17, 11:55pm

Frostilyte wrote:
Eve Narlieth wrote:Supergiant always seems to out-do themselves. Can't wait to see what they have next

I got the platinum in Pyre so I kinda feel like I've done all there was to do. I heard the second playthrough is very similar (from you and other people) so I don't feel like doing it again. It's not really a new game plus

But you can get your ass kicked in true nightwing mode. :'D
I say that, but I'm 5 liberation rites in and I still haven't lost one. XD


La-di-da :P hahaha
Image

User avatar
Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3988
Joined: Jun 03, '15, 2:24pm
Location: London ON, Canada
Steam: Frostilyte
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 08, '17, 5:10am

Eve Narlieth wrote:La-di-da :P hahaha


I still haven't had to face the Harps in a liberation rite yet though. They will be my undoing. They are always my undoing. GreatScott
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog
Steam: Frostilyte
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

User avatar
Eve Narlieth
Baller
Posts: 1341
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:16am
Location: UK
PSN: gabieve

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 08, '17, 5:40am

Frostilyte wrote:
Eve Narlieth wrote:La-di-da :P hahaha


I still haven't had to face the Harps in a liberation rite yet though. They will be my undoing. They are always my undoing. GreatScott


I rage-quit so hard after trying them 2 or 3 times. I was worried I'd break my controller

I thought that was the angriest I'd be this year with a game but then the Boss 5 of Nex Machina happened. My boyfriend was terrified portilloKevin
Image

User avatar
Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3988
Joined: Jun 03, '15, 2:24pm
Location: London ON, Canada
Steam: Frostilyte
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 10, '17, 10:20am

Eve Narlieth wrote:I rage-quit so hard after trying them 2 or 3 times. I was worried I'd break my controller

I thought that was the angriest I'd be this year with a game but then the Boss 5 of Nex Machina happened. My boyfriend was terrified portilloKevin

I wasn't too impressed either with how thoroughly I was thrashed in the liberation rite with them either.

Inexplicably I managed to win all 7 liberation rites in True Nightwing mode. Just barely scraped by the Harps. Those fucking cheaters started from half court when they started to lose. portilloDismissed
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog
Steam: Frostilyte
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

User avatar
Eve Narlieth
Baller
Posts: 1341
Joined: May 26, '15, 10:16am
Location: UK
PSN: gabieve

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 12, '17, 2:33am

Frostilyte wrote:
Inexplicably I managed to win all 7 liberation rites in True Nightwing mode. Just barely scraped by the Harps. Those fucking cheaters started from half court when they started to lose. portilloDismissed


Hahah I guess you didn't know that since you lost the first time round against them. It's really infuriating
Image

User avatar
Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3988
Joined: Jun 03, '15, 2:24pm
Location: London ON, Canada
Steam: Frostilyte
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 12, '17, 5:21am

Eve Narlieth wrote:Hahah I guess you didn't know that since you lost the first time round against them. It's really infuriating

Indeed. They decidedly handed my ass to me and I didn't know that soft resetting was a thing in the regular game mode until True Nightwing's description told me it was a thing. portilloSexyGreg
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog
Steam: Frostilyte
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

Return to “General Gaming Discussion”