Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums
Steam: Frostilyte

Re: Pyre | Sportsball the RPG

Dec 03, '17, 1:01pm

Frostilyte wrote:How the fuck are you suppose to beat the Harp group? I shit on them the first time I faced them, but lost to them in both of my fights following. They just fly right over my head faster than I can respond by knocking them out of the air. They're just too fucking fast when they're flying with the orb.

I figured it out. You just never let them touch the orb. They can't score against your triumvairate if they never touch the orb. portilloPure1
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

Dec 06, '17, 2:54am

Frostilyte wrote:
Frostilyte wrote:How the fuck are you suppose to beat the Harp group? I shit on them the first time I faced them, but lost to them in both of my fights following. They just fly right over my head faster than I can respond by knocking them out of the air. They're just too fucking fast when they're flying with the orb.

I figured it out. You just never let them touch the orb. They can't score against your triumvairate if they never touch the orb. portilloPure1

It took me like 4 tries to beat the harpies. I think that's when I started using Tree guy. You can spawn a sapling next to the ball and the AI can be pretty stupid and just run towards the aura portilloPure1

I only used that in extreme situations, and right at the end when I was only left with him and a handful.

What ending did you all choose?

► Show Spoiler

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums

Dec 06, '17, 5:14am

Eve Narlieth wrote:It took me like 4 tries to beat the harpies. I think that's when I started using Tree guy. You can spawn a sapling next to the ball and the AI can be pretty stupid and just run towards the aura portilloPure1

I only used that in extreme situations, and right at the end when I was only left with him and a handful.

I didn't even have Volfred for most of my encounters for them. They're an even bigger pain in the dick in the True Nightwing playthrough because they're still in exile and I have to use 7 titan stars in every fight. XD
They're likely my next liberation rite, so I'll be stuck using 8 titans against them. NotLikeThis

Eve Narlieth wrote:What ending did you all choose?

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Oh also shameless plug for a full write up on my thoughts of the game for maybe one person who is interested.
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

Eve Narlieth
Baller

Dec 06, '17, 5:46am

Frostilyte wrote:
Oh also shameless plug for a full write up on my thoughts of the game for maybe one person who is interested.

Reading your review made me wish I hadn't finished Pyre already BibleThump I want more of it

It's interesting that you disliked the character control choices that they made. I enjoyed the worm guy being slippery, since he was so fast, and small details like that. It meant I had to learn each character well and that felt rewarding. That was especially true when you start loosing so many playable characters

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums

Dec 06, '17, 6:02am

Eve Narlieth wrote:Reading your review made me wish I hadn't finished Pyre already BibleThump I want more of it

It's interesting that you disliked the character control choices that they made. I enjoyed the worm guy being slippery, since he was so fast, and small details like that. It meant I had to learn each character well and that felt rewarding. That was especially true when you start loosing so many playable characters

It's a personal preference thing. I would have preferred a tad more precision, but that just comes down to my personal tastes. It's why downplayed it as a minor gripe.

You could always play more of it you know. That's what I did. XD
The versus mode served me a bit better than my second playthrough has though. Found continuing to play the rites themselves fun as hell.

I want to stew on Pyre a bit more though. I'm not sure if I like it, or Transistor better. Knowing me that's high praise. SeemsGood
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

Eve Narlieth
Baller

Dec 07, '17, 12:00am

Frostilyte wrote:
I want to stew on Pyre a bit more though. I'm not sure if I like it, or Transistor better. Knowing me that's high praise. SeemsGood

Supergiant always seems to out-do themselves. Can't wait to see what they have next

I got the platinum in Pyre so I kinda feel like I've done all there was to do. I heard the second playthrough is very similar (from you and other people) so I don't feel like doing it again. It's not really a new game plus

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums

Dec 07, '17, 4:57am

Eve Narlieth wrote:Supergiant always seems to out-do themselves. Can't wait to see what they have next

I got the platinum in Pyre so I kinda feel like I've done all there was to do. I heard the second playthrough is very similar (from you and other people) so I don't feel like doing it again. It's not really a new game plus

But you can get your ass kicked in true nightwing mode. :'D
I say that, but I'm 5 liberation rites in and I still haven't lost one. XD
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

Eve Narlieth
Baller

Dec 07, '17, 11:55pm

Frostilyte wrote:
Eve Narlieth wrote:Supergiant always seems to out-do themselves. Can't wait to see what they have next

But you can get your ass kicked in true nightwing mode. :'D
I say that, but I'm 5 liberation rites in and I still haven't lost one. XD

La-di-da :P hahaha

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums

Dec 08, '17, 5:10am

Eve Narlieth wrote:La-di-da :P hahaha

I still haven't had to face the Harps in a liberation rite yet though. They will be my undoing. They are always my undoing. GreatScott
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

Eve Narlieth
Baller

Dec 08, '17, 5:40am

Frostilyte wrote:
Eve Narlieth wrote:La-di-da :P hahaha

I still haven't had to face the Harps in a liberation rite yet though. They will be my undoing. They are always my undoing. GreatScott

I rage-quit so hard after trying them 2 or 3 times. I was worried I'd break my controller

I thought that was the angriest I'd be this year with a game but then the Boss 5 of Nex Machina happened. My boyfriend was terrified portilloKevin

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums

Dec 10, '17, 10:20am

Eve Narlieth wrote:I rage-quit so hard after trying them 2 or 3 times. I was worried I'd break my controller

I thought that was the angriest I'd be this year with a game but then the Boss 5 of Nex Machina happened. My boyfriend was terrified portilloKevin

I wasn't too impressed either with how thoroughly I was thrashed in the liberation rite with them either.

Inexplicably I managed to win all 7 liberation rites in True Nightwing mode. Just barely scraped by the Harps. Those fucking cheaters started from half court when they started to lose. portilloDismissed
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

Eve Narlieth
Baller

Dec 12, '17, 2:33am

Frostilyte wrote:
Inexplicably I managed to win all 7 liberation rites in True Nightwing mode. Just barely scraped by the Harps. Those fucking cheaters started from half court when they started to lose. portilloDismissed

Hahah I guess you didn't know that since you lost the first time round against them. It's really infuriating

Frostilyte
Pride of the Forums

Dec 12, '17, 5:21am

Eve Narlieth wrote:Hahah I guess you didn't know that since you lost the first time round against them. It's really infuriating

Indeed. They decidedly handed my ass to me and I didn't know that soft resetting was a thing in the regular game mode until True Nightwing's description told me it was a thing. portilloSexyGreg
Frost-Tea-Light
My Review Blog

Return to “General Gaming Discussion”