Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Destiny 2 |GT| Discussion

Sep 14, '17, 2:47pm

II GTA FREEK II wrote:
FallenVega8K wrote:Really, Really undecided if I am going to pick this up.

I played Vanilla Destiny Day One for about 2-3 Days but that was it, never got into it, so the thought of Destiny 2 was nothing but seeing everyone talking about it and seeing people play it, I'm here wondering is it worth the time?

Doubt it. If you didn't play the first one at all, then I highly doubt you'd care about this one. It's not different enough to assume you'd now be into it. I think you're just having a case of fomo.

Vanilla Destiny was a different beast than the game that exists today, and those changes have only gotten better in D2. That means there is a chance you'll enjoy this. However, it was just the systems that went through changes. If you didn't like how the game felt or the gameplay loop, then you probably won't find much to like here either.

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

Sep 14, '17, 11:57pm

Valomek wrote:
Eve Narlieth wrote:Hey Valomek. Does it not bother you that the shader/emotes system was changed because the lootbox/gambling system is likely to make them more money than people just buying them? This is an honest question lol I'm curious what you think. You're not of the opinion that they are preying on gambling and addictive personalities?

Hey Eve.
To the day, that I die. I will always stand by the view that "The Market Is Always Right". Meaning that as long Bungie and other's, can make money from it, then I will view it, as the right course of action for them.

The market only gives you something, if people are ready to pay for it, otherwise it crash and burn. I won't stand in the way of how other people spend their money, is it alwasy wise for people to spend so much money for the chance of getting a emote in video game ... No, however it is not mine, Bungie''s Activision's or Sony's responsibility to stop you from wasting all that money.

That will always fall back on the person that spends that money, becasue people have a responsibility not to become victims to themselves or for that matter to other's.

If the person is not directly forced to buy it by someone else, then I simply don't care whatever or not they spend their life savings on a video game.

I can see your "non-interference" point of view. I think saying the market is always right is too far for me because I think you have to consider morality and industry ethics. But I know there's a debate about how much a government should meddle with economics and we just seem to be in different points of the spectrum.

I don't trust people's good sense lol, and would rather the government protected addictive people from bankruptcy (or at least protect them from a lower quality of life).

Anyway. Destiny 2 is lots of fun and I love it portilloPure1 Not sure I'll put in 100h+ like the last one, but I'm happy with what I'm seeing

Vane
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o

Re: Destiny 2 |GT| Discussion

Sep 15, '17, 4:35am

Updated OP with some new clans.

Valomek
Baller
PSN: Valomek

Sep 15, '17, 11:30am

For the love of god, only one player needs to be near the flag to take it !!!

If you don't understand this, you are part of the problem portilloDismissed

A7X458
Seducer

Re: Destiny 2 |GT| Discussion

Sep 15, '17, 4:54pm

If at the end of a strike someone has almost double your kills it's not because of my power level or my weapons, it's because you suck.
PSN: A7X458
Xbox Live:A7X458
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Sep 17, '17, 7:14am

https://youtu.be/qLdQWtkH0aQ

Oh look, he's back from vacation.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

Valomek
Baller

Sep 17, '17, 8:51am

Raging Light wrote:

Oh look, he's back from vacation.

A solid review for Destiny 2, however I tend to not agree with most of his points. One thing I do wish he had talked about, is how Bungie have don their best to hide away both our stats, and the medals we earn in the crucible.

Its fucking stupid to let me earn medals in the crucible, but at the same time don't let me view how many I have earned or how I earned them. But maybe I did not complete enough of the game to complain about that ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDQPcwqc70Y

It would explain a few things in regards, to just how bad people are at PvP.

A7X458
Seducer

Sep 17, '17, 4:31pm

Valomek wrote:For the love of god, only one player needs to be near the flag to take it !!!

If you don't understand this, you are part of the problem portilloDismissed

I had the opposite experience today, was doing the cabal drill public event with two level 8 player's and they were standing outside the white circle.
PSN: A7X458
Xbox Live:A7X458
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Valomek
Baller

Sep 17, '17, 4:58pm

A7X458 wrote:I had the opposite experience today, was doing the cabal drill public event with two level 8 player's and they were standing outside the white circle.

I'm talking control in pvp...

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sep 18, '17, 11:07am

Valomek wrote:Its fucking stupid to let me earn medals in the crucible, but at the same time don't let me view how many I have earned or how I earned them. But maybe I did not complete enough of the game to complain about that?

Totally agree. While PVP feels like classic Halo MP when it's at its best, it's missing a lot of the extra stuff that made Bungie's Halo games extra special. Not just medals, but being able to view a wide variety of after-match and career stats. Stuff like your overall statistics, K/D, weapon/ability usage, etc. And I really miss replays. I had a particularly great game with some nice kills yesterday, and it occurred to me that I would have loved to go back and watch them. I know the game is PVE focused, but the PVP is quite good, so I'd love to see them put a little more TLC into it.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Sep 18, '17, 3:39pm

I'm just gonna say it, I want Peter Dinklage ghost back. Nolan North ghost is great and funny, but it's not the Destiny ghost I know. The dumb humor doesn't fit right with me. Say what you want but I didn't have an issue with the Peter D ghost.

Sue me. portilloIndeed
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sep 18, '17, 4:19pm

II GTA FREEK II wrote:I'm just gonna say it, I want Peter Dinklage ghost back. Nolan North ghost is great and funny, but it's not the Destiny ghost I know. The dumb humor doesn't fit right with me. Say what you want but I didn't have an issue with the Peter D ghost.

Sue me. portilloIndeed

Is Nolan the Ghost again? So he's playing the Ghost and Cade-6? Color me impressed. I actually like both performances and characters, though Cade leans a little too much into poor-man's-Deadpool territory sometimes.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Sep 18, '17, 4:40pm

MannySJ wrote:
II GTA FREEK II wrote:I'm just gonna say it, I want Peter Dinklage ghost back. Nolan North ghost is great and funny, but it's not the Destiny ghost I know. The dumb humor doesn't fit right with me. Say what you want but I didn't have an issue with the Peter D ghost.

Sue me. portilloIndeed

Is Nolan the Ghost again? So he's playing the Ghost and Cade-6? Color me impressed. I actually like both performances and characters, though Cade leans a little too much into poor-man's-Deadpool territory sometimes.

Oh, maybe I'm wrong then. I didn't know he was Cade. I thought that was someone else. Maybe he isn't the ghost. I just assumed he was still. Either way my point is I miss Peter D. He will always be ghost to me.

Edit: Okay so I was right. He does ghost. But Nathan Fillion does Cade, not Nolan.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

BetoJR
Baller
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Sep 19, '17, 4:03am

MannySJ wrote:Is Nolan the Ghost again? So he's playing the Ghost and Cade-6? Color me impressed. I actually like both performances and characters, though Cade leans a little too much into poor-man's-Deadpool territory sometimes.

Nolan North is not Cayde-6. Bow down and apologize to Nathan Fillion IMMEDIATELY!!! portilloYell

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sep 19, '17, 9:20am

BetoJR wrote:
MannySJ wrote:Is Nolan the Ghost again? So he's playing the Ghost and Cade-6? Color me impressed. I actually like both performances and characters, though Cade leans a little too much into poor-man's-Deadpool territory sometimes.

Nolan North is not Cayde-6. Bow down and apologize to Nathan Fillion IMMEDIATELY!!! portilloYell

Haha. I guess the whole Nathan Fillion should play Nathan Drake notion came full circle for me there, huh? PortyDumb

BetoJR
Baller
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Sep 19, '17, 9:32am

MannySJ wrote:Haha. I guess the whole Nathan Fillion should play Nathan Drake notion came full circle for me there, huh? PortyDumb

I still think that would be glorious, myself. Maybe in the epilogue? portilloPure1

Wiskysin
Shadow Boxer
XBL: Wiskysin
PSN: DoctorSyntax

Sep 20, '17, 8:51pm

Kinda Funny Wrecking Crew

portilloNick

Jswensen2336
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: Jswensen2523_420

Sep 20, '17, 9:30pm

Would really enjoy some help from fellow best friends. PSN: Jswensen2523_420

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Sep 21, '17, 7:10am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:
II GTA FREEK II wrote:Well I've been trying to preorder the game on Best Buy's website but it refuses to complete my purchase every time I try. I even called their support line and was told they couldn't do anything about it. This wouldn't be as much of an issue if I wasn't trying to get the $10 reward certificate from preordering the game. So thanks to Best Buy's sudden piece of shit working website I get to lose out on that deal.

Awesome.

Finally got it to go through, but it seems I somehow still missed out on the coupon. Whatever.

Well it would seem I actually did get the coupon for this. I just checked my points and I had a lot more than I should. Sweet. Now I've got like $15 towards my next game.

ThisIsFine ThisIsFine ThisIsFine ThisIsFine ThisIsFine ThisIsFine ThisIsFine ThisIsFine

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Sep 24, '17, 8:10am

Anybody else realize that Tess is voiced by Claudia Black, aka Chloe from Uncharted.

I was sitting at the farm and heard her talking, and immediately thought I was hearing Chloe. I think I remember knowing this from Destiny 1, but I forgot.

Return to “General Gaming Discussion”