Total votes: 44
nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

FarCry 5 | GT | Discussion

Jun 13, '17, 5:11pm

This game looks fucking great. I was already sold before the E3 coverage, but now this is definitely a day-one purchase for me. Hot damn.

Vane
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o

Re: FarCry 5 | GT | Discussion

Jun 13, '17, 6:06pm

To echo what Andy said in KF's coverage the tone of the trailers was really off-putting for me. One minute everything very serious, there's a cultist nut job that you've got to get rid of, it's all very sombre as Amazing Grace is played in his church. The next minute there's upbeat rock music, there's planes flying over the place, with a friend bursting through the area driving a lorry. Are they shooting for Saints Row here or tackling a proper narrative, I can't tell.

irootgroot
Pure One
XBL: Tthree6ty

Jun 14, '17, 8:46am

looks good but ill wait for reviews .

I will most likely get it as I liked far cry 2 3 and 4 .
"have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -Joker

"I AM GROOT"- Groot

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Aug 24, '17, 11:29am

A new gameplay video was shown during Gamescom.

https://youtu.be/QMCRdctPoFs

ReptileRainbow
Pure One
PSN: ReptileRainbow
Steam: Faux Real

Sep 14, '17, 7:27am

I know people like Far Cry, but I feel like it deserves more love!

I actually find that I'm more excited for Far Cry 5 than I've ever been for a game before. I loved 3 and 4 so much, never played primal, however I own it and I'm trying my best to get to it.

Far Cry 5 seems to be doing something so different yet so familiar and I'm just obsessed with the idea of the game, I really hope it pans out.

Anyways I'm not the best at forums but I figure it's the only way to find people to talk to about Far Cry. :')

If anyone wants to chat about Far Cry, or other games for that matter I'd love to hear from you best friends.

Thanks for your time! Rachael
PSN:ReptileRainbow

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Sep 14, '17, 2:16pm

ReptileRainbow wrote:Steam: Faux Real

Idk why but I like that username. LUL
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

ReptileRainbow
Pure One
PSN: ReptileRainbow

Sep 14, '17, 7:59pm

II GTA FREEK II wrote:
ReptileRainbow wrote:Steam: Faux Real

Idk why but I like that username. LUL

Thanks! I like it too! :P

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Oct 30, '17, 12:51pm

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Oct 30, '17, 1:10pm

Yeah I definitely need to play this in only coop. It will be awesome.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Oct 30, '17, 1:15pm

Cautiously optimistic about this one. Looks really good as a game but Ubisoft is, well, Ubisoft.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Oct 30, '17, 1:27pm

Raging Light wrote:Cautiously optimistic about this one. Looks really good as a game but Ubisoft is, well, Ubisoft.

True statement is true.

It's like, how are they gonna fuck this one up? It's a lot like ordering from a fast food restaurant. You see what you want, you order it, and they hand you a bag. But we both know they fucked up your order somehow. It might not be an entire missing item, but it's something. Maybe they forgot the sauce, or your straw, or napkins. You asked for no onions and they still put it on. They fucked up the order somehow. That's just the order of the universe.

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam: The_Redback

Oct 30, '17, 1:46pm

Raging Light wrote:Cautiously optimistic about this one. Looks really good as a game but Ubisoft is, well, Ubisoft.

I dunno about that. Ubisoft have been pretty good about not fucking up the Far Cry series. They know what the fans expect from a Far Cry game and for the most part tend to nail it.
Steam: The_Redback
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
PSN: Phesath
Twitter: @The_Redback

BuffArms
Baller

Oct 31, '17, 10:10pm

Hunting a moose when their are cultists about! ThisIsFine

I'm not sure if COOP is going to make map clearing any more or less fun. After 2 nights with ACO I am already sick of the Ubisoft formula, and really hope they change it up here.
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dec 07, '17, 11:18am

The game was delayed by one month, originally releasing on February 27, to March 27.

BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510

Dec 07, '17, 12:28pm

You know, even with the delay and even with looking at the video of gameplay....I have a feeling that I'm going to hold off.

Not because it going to be a bad game, or even a bad time. But because, to quote Greg Miller, "If you like Far Cry. Its more Far Cry." Now I realize it comes off as a stupid statement; however, the meaning behind it is that we have all done this before. Nothing here made me crave going out to buy this game because I feel like I'm looking at a more polished Far Cry 3, or 4.

I'm not trying to come off as someone who is slinging mud at this but -- you can only do the open world FPS game so many times without it seeming "been there done that." Sadly, I felt that in Far Cry 4....and I don't think that will change with this iteration. (Feel the same way in the Lego Marvel Heroes 2 game right now)

I know they won't kill this franchise, but I feel like they really should just take some serious time away after this one. But hell, I realize I might be the only who feels that way.

/rant
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

Me
Producer
XBL: MrADay
PSN: ADay000
NNID: MrADay
Steam: ADayOOO

Dec 07, '17, 12:31pm

BedaHouse wrote:You know, even with the delay and even with looking at the video of gameplay....I have a feeling that I'm going to hold off.

Not because it going to be a bad game, or even a bad time. But because, to quote Greg Miller, "If you like Far Cry. Its more Far Cry." Now I realize it comes off as a stupid statement; however, the meaning behind it is that we have all done this before. Nothing here made me crave going out to buy this game because I feel like I'm looking at a more polished Far Cry 3, or 4.

I'm not trying to come off as someone who is slinging mud at this but -- you can only do the open world FPS game so many times without it seeming "been there done that." Sadly, I felt that in Far Cry 4....and I don't think that will change with this iteration. (Feel the same way in the Lego Marvel Heroes 2 game right now)

I know they won't kill this franchise, but I feel like they really should just take some serious time away after this one. But hell, I realize I might be the only who feels that way.

/rant

Nah, I feel you. I actually was tired of Far Cry 3 about 2/3rds of the way through the game, and I only played Far Cry 4 for maybe 3 hours? I thought that it would hold my attention longer, but there is something about these games that just goes stale SO fast for me. I might rent this for a night, but I have no plans on buying another Far Cry for a long time.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Dec 07, '17, 12:38pm

BedaHouse wrote:/rant

I can understand not being interested in yet another open world game, where it's not very different from its predecessors.

But I'm not bored of it yet. I didn't play Primal because I didn't like the setting and theme at all. But the FC3 and 4 style is still fun to me. Plus it's a completely coop game. It might not blow my socks off, but it's certainly going to keep me busy. At least they are doing a different setting that isn't just jungle/mountains. They're certainly putting some more effort into this one. I'll be picking this up day one.

I will say though that I feel about the Assassins Creed series the way you do about Far Cry. I might try Origins at some point, but I just get so bored of those games now.

Return to “General Gaming Discussion”