Jun 03, '17, 8:51am

Information
Genre: Role playing
Platform(s): Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC
Developer: CD Projekt RED
Publisher: CD Projekt
Release Date(s): TBD

Overview
Cyberpunk 2077 is an ambitious RPG for mature audience, set in the corrupt and tech-advanced world of the year 2077 and is being developed by CD Projekt RED in association with the Cyberpunk Pen & Paper system author, Mike Pondsmith.

Key features

Media

Reviews

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Cyberpunk 2077 |Blade Runner Meets The Witcher |

Jun 03, '17, 9:24am

Does someone know something I don't know?! portilloDismissed

Why is this topic here? Did they announce something?

I honestly keep forgetting about this game. God I hope we see something during E3, maybe at the PlayStation conference.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 |Blade Runner Meets The Witcher |

Jun 03, '17, 9:26am

Made it because there was no actual topic for it. Basically a set up for whenever more info comes and I'll fill in as info comes in. If that makes sense. Plus I've been hearing rumblings they have another trailer for E3, which would be awesome. Especially since now Gwent is out in the wild, their full attention should be towards Cyberpunk now.

One-Shot
Management
Management
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot

Jun 03, '17, 9:38am

I guess when 2019/2020 comes around we can be like "topic done" lol.
"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jun 03, '17, 9:41am

One-Shot wrote:I guess when 2019/2020 comes around we can be like "topic done" lol.

lol basically

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 | Blade Runner Meets The Witcher

Jun 03, '17, 10:10am

Id be surprised to get a teaser this year... If anything a poster lol
We don’t go balls to the wall, we go nuts to butts.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Jun 03, '17, 11:04am

One-Shot wrote:I guess when 2019/2020 comes around we can be like "topic done" lol.

More like when 2077 comes around. Look at me and my totally original joke! portilloYell
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

BuffArms
Baller

Jun 03, '17, 11:44am

I think its out Christmas 2018. They started conceptualizing it before Witcher 3 came out, and then went into full production after that. 3 1/2 years of full production, plus a couple years of concept work before that, with their own Engine ready to go. Unless the bungled something, they should be able to release in late 2018.

Hopefully they will show something soon to confirm. Not sure if they are at E3. Even if they can't launch it next year, its been in full ondevelopment for 2 years now, they should start showing stuff.
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jun 03, '17, 11:58am

BuffArms wrote:I think its out Christmas 2018. They started conceptualizing it before Witcher 3 came out, and then went into full production after that. 3 1/2 years of full production, plus a couple years of concept work before that, with their own Engine ready to go. Unless the bungled something, they should be able to release in late 2018.

Hopefully they will show something soon to confirm. Not sure if they are at E3. Even if they can't launch it next year, its been in full ondevelopment for 2 years now, they should start showing stuff.

Could happen, I assumed that The Witcher 3 was in development for about 4 years, or just about. My thinking is they would basically apply the same concept to Cyberpunk, which it seems to be the case.

This E3 has been kinda mum on word beyond EA and Ubisoft being transparent with their shows. And to an extent, oddly enough, Dontnod.

Vane
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o

Jun 03, '17, 12:28pm

SonofMar wrote:Made it because there was no actual topic for it. Basically a set up for whenever more info comes and I'll fill in as info comes in. If that makes sense. Plus I've been hearing rumblings they have another trailer for E3, which would be awesome. Especially since now Gwent is out in the wild, their full attention should be towards Cyberpunk now.

Gwent's still in BETA, it's definitely still being worked on by a team somewhere.

I'd be surprised if we see anything from this game at E3. Wouldn't be surprised if this is a next gen game.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

Jun 03, '17, 2:23pm

Don't forget they worked on the two big dlc for Witcher 3 as well . I won't hold my breath on seeing this game any time soon.
We don’t go balls to the wall, we go nuts to butts.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jun 03, '17, 3:00pm

Vane wrote:Gwent's still in BETA, it's definitely still being worked on by a team somewhere.

I'd be surprised if we see anything from this game at E3. Wouldn't be surprised if this is a next gen game.

See I was under the impression Gwent was being overlooked by CD with another dev in charge of it entirely. I was obviously wrong though. With that in mind, this probably won't be a thing until 2019 then I would assume, at the earliest. That said, they might do another quick teaser like their intro one, just to keep buzz about it going.

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer
XBL: shanest88
PSN: shanethesaint88

Jun 03, '17, 5:11pm

I have never seen or heard anything about this game but if it's future s I go witcher then count me in 100%. I think that would be an awesome world to be in

tejotl
Producer

Jun 03, '17, 10:45pm

Vane wrote:Gwent's still in BETA, it's definitely still being worked on by a team somewhere.

I'm pretty sure GWENT team was build up and doesn't really impact Cyberpunk's development.

My gut tells me this is a Q1 2019 game and obviously a day one/preorder/collectors edition purchase for me. Putting aside the assumption that the game will be on Wild Hunt-level of quality I feel obliged to support a local developer who follows best practice when it comes to their releases. From price point to patches all the way to DLC - CDP RED just gets it right
walking on vector prime

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jun 03, '17, 11:35pm

tejotl wrote:
I'm pretty sure GWENT team was build up and doesn't really impact Cyberpunk's development.

My gut tells me this is a Q1 2019 game and obviously a day one/preorder/collectors edition purchase for me. Putting aside the assumption that the game will be on Wild Hunt-level of quality I feel obliged to support a local developer who follows best practice when it comes to their releases. From price point to patches all the way to DLC - CDP RED just gets it right

Basically my feelings on it. CD hasn't proven me wrong yet; I've loved their interpretation of The Witcher books.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Cyberpunk 2077 | Blade Runner Meets The Witcher

Jun 04, '17, 12:04am

With some of the discussion around this game being at E3 in some capacity, I'd like to present this.

On top of that, Cyberpunk 2077 won’t be the only game planned between here and 2021, but CD Projekt RED will work on another AAA RPG to be released by 2021.

This is a quote from here, http://www.dualshockers.com/cd-projekt- ... -and-more/

This definitely adds to the discussion of whether or not Cyberpunk will be at E3 or when it'll actually release. That article is from a year ago. So between now and 2021 we will be getting Cyberpunk 2077 and another AAA RPG. Maybe we'll see this new game at E3 instead. But you'd have to think that Cyberpunk is coming out before a game that hasn't even been announced. If so maybe we'll get Cyberpunk earlier than we think.

BetoJR
Baller
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Jun 04, '17, 6:26am

I still remember the first Witcher being given space by Bioware's booth in 2014's E3, then going through an almost complete overhaul of the gameplay, to a mostly successfull release in 2017. I'm actually confident we'll see this game sooner than most people believe. And it's a day one purchase, for me.

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Jun 04, '17, 11:13am

I'll be a different man before this game comes out, but that doesn't make me less excited for it! I'm pretty much on a "must play" basis with CD Projekt Red at this point.

tejotl
Producer

Jun 04, '17, 11:29pm

BetoJR wrote:I still remember the first Witcher being given space by Bioware's booth in 2014's E3 [...]

The first Witcher?
I remember an article about first Witcher game which looked like Tomb Raider clone. Metropolis was the most prominent polish developer back then and CD Projekt was a games retailer kftongue
walking on vector prime

OmegaZod
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jun 05, '17, 1:23am

I feel that there will be a demo at E3. They have all the tech they developed for the Witcher 3 which will most likely transfer over to Cyberpunk. With modern tool and procedural generation, the dev time should go down. As for release I say late 2018 or mid 2019.

Return to “General Gaming Discussion”