Genre(s): Action Adventure
Developer(s): Hazelight Studios
Publisher: Electronic Arts

--- Overview ---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGZGSdgJVPM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ApSmPvxz1o

Game Description

SOMEONE'S WATCHING YOUR BACK
An adventure tailored for couch or online co-op from the makers of Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons.

EMBARK ON A UNIQUE CO-OP ADVENTURE
Meet Leo and Vincent, two men who don't know each other but who will have to learn to work together no matter the situation. They need to find a way to break out of prison and continue on together beyond the prison walls.

EXPERIENCE A WIDE VARIETY OF GAMEPLAY
Together they embark on a journey, where they will live many memorable action moments together: car chases, stealth passages, melee fights, shootouts and many more.

GET TO KNOW LEO AND VINCENT
As they set out to reach a common goal, you will get to know more about their lives, who they are and the people they care for.

► Show Spoiler

--- Reviews ---

--- Links ---
Learn More

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

A Way Out | GT

Jun 16, '17, 11:27am

This was definitely one of the bigger surprises for me at E3. For now it seems like a must buy for me, I'll just need to find someone to play it with if my one friend isn't available at that point.

I wonder how this is going to release. Will this be a digital only game at $30? Or will it be a normal $60 game available in all types of formats?

Either way it looks fun, and I'll probably buy it regardless.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Re: A Way Out | GT

Jun 16, '17, 11:34am

^Ayyeee hit me up if you want to do splitscreen. I will for sure get this. I am thinking it'll be 20-30, but either way I look forward to playing this one. Brothers was such a charmer for me, so I am excited as all hell.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Jun 16, '17, 11:38am

SonofMar wrote:^Ayyeee hit me up if you want to do splitscreen. I will for sure get this.

I'll keep you in mind. If my friend is available, and even likes the game enough to get it, then he'll be my number one choice obviously. If not then you'll definitely be my next choice of partner.
ColinApproves
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jun 16, '17, 11:49am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:I'll keep you in mind. If my friend is available, and even likes the game enough to get it, then he'll be my number one choice obviously. If not then you'll definitely be my next choice of partner.
ColinApproves

'Preciate that partna portilloPure1

Bake1986
Producer

Jun 16, '17, 12:01pm

The most interesting aspect of this game is the thing that will ultimately put me off buying it. I'm not a co-op player so I can't imagine making it work.

I hope it lives up to expectations for everybody else, it certainly looks good from what we've seen so far.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jun 16, '17, 12:03pm

Bake1986 wrote:The most interesting aspect of this game is the thing that will ultimately put me off buying it. I'm not a co-op player so I can't imagine making it work.

I hope it lives up to expectations for everybody else, it certainly looks good from what we've seen so far.

I'm actually hoping to play this with the KFG people here versus couch. Think it'd be a fun means of the people here of having something fun to play together and get to know each other better.

But I agree. This game could either do really well because of the coop focus, or it will be killed because people are turned off by it.

BuffArms
Baller

Jun 17, '17, 11:49am

I want to play this, I dont want to have to play this with a partner... urrghhhhhhhh....

Pisses me off. Guess Ill buy it and start a thread and see if I cant find someone else on the forums to play it through with. Thats going to be annoying though.
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jun 17, '17, 6:57pm

BuffArms wrote:I want to play this, I dont want to have to play this with a partner... urrghhhhhhhh....

Pisses me off. Guess Ill buy it and start a thread and see if I cant find someone else on the forums to play it through with. Thats going to be annoying though.

Like I've previously stated, I would like to play with some of the friends on here. If you get this on PS4, hit me up.

stocksatron
Best Friend
Steam: stocksatron

A Way Out | GT

Jun 19, '17, 1:42am

If I could get him to understand how to use an Xbox controller I can see this being just the kind of game my Dad would love. He really wants to understand what storytelling is like in games at the moment, and the fact that this is co-op too might mean its going to be the right way to ease him in.

Brotherhood93
Greg's Ego
PSN: M_O_T1919

Jun 25, '17, 3:29pm

A little LTTP on this discussion but I keep thinking about this game. It was the game I was most impressed with at E3 and even though I think the game looks unique and interesting I was sold more than anything by seeing Josef Fares' passion when talking about the game. It made me believe this is really going to be something special. I do remember loving Brothers too.

I understand the frustration at it being co-op only because I'm not much of a MP guy either and organising to play co-op with somebody these days isn't easy however I also love it that they're taking that risk and not compromising on the vision of the game by shoehorning in a single-player mode. It's innovative ideas like this that deserve support, I'm just totally surprised EA went for it.

SegettCharly
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jun 25, '17, 11:20pm

I have already assigned my cousin to partner me for this. Now just waiting to lay hands on this gem.

tejotl
Producer

Jun 26, '17, 9:11am

I have a strong Kane and Lynch vibe from this game. And I'm one of the few that actually liked that game :)
walking on vector prime

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jun 26, '17, 11:07am

^I liked the concept and idea behind Kane and Lynch. Mechanically, the games could have been stronger though. Plus personally I wished the story elements were stronger too, but I did like the characters in Lynch and Kane, especially Lynch being such a psychopath but also weirdly grounded in some ways. I always wished there was a third one that told an earlier story of the two, centered on a bank robbery gone wrong or something and they had to rely on each other to get out alive and they had just gotten paired up for the job.

MisterStuart27
Producer
PSN: Konshentz

Jun 28, '17, 2:40pm

This looks awesome. Definitely a must play. I have my co-op partner planned and everything.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

A Way Out | GT

Dec 04, '17, 9:32am

A new article and interview with the creator. Anyone interested in this game should check it out. He talks about a lot of things. Price, release date, it's association with EA, etc. Those first two aren't give concrete answers though, so heads up. Anyways, I'm still looking forward to this game. Thread bump ftw.

https://www.pauseresume.com/a-way-out-josef-fares/

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A Way Out | GT

Dec 07, '17, 7:59am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:A new article and interview with the creator. Anyone interested in this game should check it out. He talks about a lot of things. Price, release date, it's association with EA, etc. Those first two aren't give concrete answers though, so heads up. Anyways, I'm still looking forward to this game. Thread bump ftw.

https://www.pauseresume.com/a-way-out-josef-fares/

Interesting read. I am still excited about this one, going to get my friend Nicole to do this one with me along with Hidden Agenda soon since she's grown to really like games lately.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

A Way Out | GT

Dec 07, '17, 9:15pm

In case nobody noticed what they were trying to say during Josef's coked up "fuck the Oscars, my game is awesome" rant.

When the game launches, players who don't own the game will be able to download the "Friends Pass" free trial of the game, then link up with a friend who does own a copy and play the full game. Players can also play the full game cooperatively using local multiplayer without having to download the Friends Pass.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -copy.aspx

That's certainly an insteresting thing to do. I hope it doesn't bite him in the ass. Glad he's trying to be player friendly though.

BetoJR
Baller
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Dec 08, '17, 3:19am

Yeap, that's a very interesting way to sell a feature. Nice!

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dec 08, '17, 5:26am

Josef is a character, for sure. Man his rant made him appear to be a Italian version of Tommy Wiseau.

That said, I admire his passion, and it makes me like the idea of A Way Out more because of that. I just hope his rant doesn't harm his career, could be viewed in a negative way.

Return to “General Gaming Discussion”