NoahFriscopp2417
Producer
XBL: Noah Friscopp
PSN: AlphaChurch2417

The Destiny Thread

Oct 06, '15, 10:21am

Don't have Taken King, but would anyone be interested in taking me through Vault of Glass and/or Crota's End? I've played this game 90% solo due to lack of PS4 friends, and I want to experience the raids before I get Taken King. At least Crota. I'm in the Kinda Funny Clan.
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing."

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

Re: The Destiny Thread

Oct 06, '15, 11:59pm

After playing Destiny obsessively until after the 1st Expansion (then I got lost in Dragon Age...) I just came back to TTK and I'm like "WTF I don't understand anything anymore".

I remember reading somewhere that crucible and vanguard marks became just legendary marks. But now I have zero of them? Also, what's up with those blueprints and places you can look at all the shaders and emblems? Are they just for display? The emblems/shaders part don't seem to say which ones you already have.

And how do I upgrade my exotics now? When the 1st expansion came out, I followed this discussion to exhaustion. The way to upgrade was tweaked several times etc. Now I just have no effing clue which way they finally settled for.

Sorry, maybe someone already asked all this stuff. I tried reading some comments but they're like 300.

I was kicked out of my last clan for inactivity (I didnt play for several months) so now I can finally join the KF clan :). Maybe now I'll get that elusive trophy for doing a raid with all clan members

Vertebreaker
Pure One

Oct 07, '15, 6:32am

Eve Narlieth wrote:I remember reading somewhere that crucible and vanguard marks became just legendary marks. But now I have zero of them?

Crucible and Vanguard marks were converted to rep for the respective factions. You'll start TTK at 0 legendary marks, though they're not difficult to accrue if you play every day.

Also, what's up with those blueprints and places you can look at all the shaders and emblems? Are they just for display?

Blueprints allow you to buy duplicates of items you've unlocked by earning/buying them. Once you obtain an exotic, for example, the blueprint unlocks account-wide.

The emblems/shaders part don't seem to say which ones you already have.

Correct. It's easier to discern which you don't have. If you cannot "buy" a blueprint for an emblem or shader, you haven't unlocked it (or you already have one on your character). As far as buying from a vendor, you'll just have to keep track of the emblems you own. Hopefully Bungie will address this in a forthcoming update.

And how do I upgrade my exotics now? When the 1st expansion came out, I followed this discussion to exhaustion. The way to upgrade was tweaked several times etc. Now I just have no effing clue which way they finally settled for.

They ditched that horrible system. Infusion is the new way to upgrade all Year 2 legendaries and exotics. This allows you to bring up the light level of any legendary or exotic weapon or armor by infusing it with a weapon or armor piece of a higher light. For example, if you have a 250 light gun, and you earn a 275 light gun in the same slot, you can infuse the 250 gun with the 275 gun to raise the 250 gun up to something like 272 light. There's a decent explanation of the system at this link: Infusion guide

Hope that helps.

Eve Narlieth
Baller

Oct 07, '15, 7:19am

Vertebreaker wrote:Hope that helps.

Thank you so much! I wouldn't have gotten such a clear answer anywhere else. The infusion guide was very helpful too. That seems like a more straightforward system, I'm glad they ditched all the confusing stuff.

On another topic, I saw on reddit the other day a news article that treated "Destiny 2" as an expansion. I thought Destiny 2 was going to be a completely new game, where you can transfer your character. Since I haven't followed Destiny news for a while, have I missed something? What do you guys expect from Destiny 2?

Also, what do you guys think of cosmetic microtransactions being used to finance free story content?

Wolfpac86
Best Friend

The Destiny Thread

Oct 07, '15, 8:02am

Hi,

I started playing Destiny this week and I'm looking for people to play through Vault of Glass on PSN.

I'll be playing during the evening UK time if anyone is interested.

Add me king-of-rock if you want to play.
PSN: king-of-rock
XBL: wolfpac86
Twitter: @liammarshall86

Scruffy
Best Friend

Oct 08, '15, 6:17pm

Eve Narlieth wrote:
On another topic, I saw on reddit the other day a news article that treated "Destiny 2" as an expansion. I thought Destiny 2 was going to be a completely new game, where you can transfer your character. Since I haven't followed Destiny news for a while, have I missed something? What do you guys expect from Destiny 2?

Also, what do you guys think of cosmetic microtransactions being used to finance free story content?

Every time I've heard someone talk about Destiny 2, it seems like they're talking about a new game. I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere though.

As long as the micro transactions stay strictly cosmetic, I don't mind it for free meaningful content. We will see how it works out though.
Twitter: @ScruffyKasey

Eve Narlieth
Baller

Oct 09, '15, 12:11am

Scruffy wrote:
Eve Narlieth wrote:

Every time I've heard someone talk about Destiny 2, it seems like they're talking about a new game. I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere though.

As long as the micro transactions stay strictly cosmetic, I don't mind it for free meaningful content. We will see how it works out though.

I wonder though: have the DLC sales been so bad that they decided to change their strategy? I was looking at PSN trophies, and 10-15% of people have completed the story missions in TTK. Considering that some people have TTK but haven't finished it, I'd assume that number is a bit higher. Either way, let's just consider 15%. If 15% of people who own the original Destiny game bought TTK, is that a bad number?

EDIT: guys why aren't eris' bounties available anymore :(?

Fetus-Smasher
Pure One

Oct 12, '15, 9:52am

I just started playing again on ps4 with a new char. Anyone wants to team up add me. GT: VagCannon

AirMcLaren
Greg's Ego
PSN: AirMcLaren

Oct 15, '15, 5:06pm

FYI Best Buy DOTD has Destiny: The Taken King for $10 off, making it $50 or $40 with GCU.

Sorry for late notice. You can order tonight and pick up at a later date, if needed.
PSN: AirMcLaren
Twitter: @thechrismclaren
Battle.net: AirMcLaren#1687
Discord: AirMcLaren#6427

SnowyFerret
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: SnowyFerret

The Destiny Thread

Oct 19, '15, 12:32pm

Recently I've started playing Destiny: TTK on Xbox One again, but none of my friends are really into Destiny, so I'm looking for some people to run raids and such with. I'm about at level 290 right now so I can actually contribute. Please add me and send me a message if you're up for it.

Gt: SnowyFerret

Doctor_Es wrote:Looking for group to do weekly!
xbl-Doctor Essss

You still looking for people to do weeklys with? raids maybe?

! Message from: Frostilyte
Hi, I merged your posts into one. Please edit your posts in the future if you need to add something before someone else has replied. You can add multiple quotes using the full editor or by copying the quotes into your post before posting.

xeroblade
Unsung Hero
XBL: iXeRoBlade
PSN: XeRoBiaDe
Steam: xeroblade13

Oct 29, '15, 9:08am

Are any of you running Trials tomorrow? if so we need to play together.

Drraga
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: Drraga

The Destiny Thread

Oct 30, '15, 1:36pm

Hey I'm new to Raids but not new to Destiny, I just don't know enough people that play in order to get a group together. If you are looking for a new friend to play regularly with then I'm your guy, add me on PSN - Drraga

Ratchetdude231
Producer
PSN: Ratchetdude231

Dec 31, '15, 5:20pm

No one has commentated in this thread for a while but I just recently bought the taken king and I haven't played some destiny in a long time . I am going to start brand new characters and I could really use a couple of people to play some destiny with me.

Littleraven89
Shadow Boxer
PSN: Savagechild89

Jan 12, '16, 2:59pm

I haven't played regularly since Taken King first came out but I would be willing to maybe do some strikes or crucible with people. I was playing daily for a while there when House of Wolves came out and all the way through Taken King but I ran out of stuff to do and don't have a raid group.

lunchbox_inc.87
Pure One
PSN: talega2

The Destiny Thread

Feb 09, '16, 6:19pm

Is anyone doing Crimson Doubles?

sh00rik
Best Friend
XBL: sh00rik
PSN: sh00rik_

Feb 11, '16, 5:29pm

I'd be willing to run VoG or CE with anyone on PS4. Or any activity for that matter.

PSN: sh00rik_

( s h zero zero r i k underscore)

greedy_fly_x
Producer
PSN: greedy_fly_x

Feb 12, '16, 7:15am

It looks like Bungie has confirmed that there will be no Destiny 2 this year (expect it in 2017) but there will be a "large expansion" coming later this year.

I'd definitely get back into the game with another expansion. The content has dried up for me since the Taken King so the game's been on the back burner.
PSN: greedly_fly_x

One-Shot
Management
Management
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot

Jun 09, '16, 5:21am

Rise of Iron trailer was leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKxhBMsArBM
"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

R_Shaw8
Pure One

Jun 09, '16, 11:49am

Hi, considering getting into destiny but don't have a crew to play with. Just wondering if there is Kinda Funny community on the game which I could join? I have the game on PS4 but could get it on Xbox One.

PSN = R_Shaw8
Xbox Live = RShaw8

Wiskysin
Shadow Boxer
XBL: Wiskysin
PSN: DoctorSyntax

The Destiny Thread

Jun 09, '16, 1:28pm

Return to “General Gaming Discussion”