Youngblaise
Producer
PSN: YoungBlaise

Re: What are you playing?

Dec 21, '16, 2:14pm

dizzeekid wrote:Got Gravity Rush Remastered recently and have spent more time collecting gems than doing quests and I'm really liking it.

Once I finish that game, I'm hopping back into Let It Die. I have 3 Express Passes and I intend on making good progress.

In case you didn't know and have not tried it yet. The Gravity Rush 2 demo is coming out to NA tomorrow :D Fatillo

dizzeekid
Pure One
PSN: DizzeePK803
Steam: DizzeeDX

Dec 21, '16, 4:54pm

Youngblaise wrote:In case you didn't know and have not tried it yet. The Gravity Rush 2 demo is coming out to NA tomorrow :D Fatillo

Oh yeah I know. I think I'm about to do the final mission so I intend to beat the game tonight so that I can just go straight into the demo tomorrow.
Super excited!
old account tho...

LoneBrightRaven
Best Friend
PSN: janedoe_converge

What are you playing?

Dec 21, '16, 5:51pm

I am currently playing Resident Evil 1 remastered. I want to play the series now so i can see how the series has came along since the first one to the new one. I also have to finish the Bioshock series and play the Far Cry Series. I also still have ps3 games to play though.....

Youngblaise
Producer

Dec 22, '16, 12:45pm

dizzeekid wrote:
Youngblaise wrote:In case you didn't know and have not tried it yet. The Gravity Rush 2 demo is coming out to NA tomorrow :D Fatillo

Oh yeah I know. I think I'm about to do the final mission so I intend to beat the game tonight so that I can just go straight into the demo tomorrow.
Super excited!

Awesome! Going for the Platinum?

dizzeekid
Pure One
PSN: DizzeePK803
Steam: DizzeeDX

Dec 22, '16, 2:36pm

Youngblaise wrote:
Awesome! Going for the Platinum?

Naw, I'm not a trophy hunter. I do like getting trophies but I'm content with the ones I have.
old account tho...

MeatCake
Seducer

Dec 22, '16, 7:19pm

Enter the Gungeon, because it was on sale. It confirms my earlier suspicions that I'm hopeless with these sorts of games (rogue-likes and bullet hell). Though this game sure doesn't offer any leniency except for the tutorial level. After a few cracks at the game I simply can't get past the first level. By the time I get to the boss I'm way down on health and the only replenishment is to buy health and that's not much help because I don't have enough funds. Why scrounge around the level, destroying barrels and books when there's nothing to be found? This game put a lot into visual distractions too, so much so that I can't tell if the stuff flying towards me are collectibles or another wave of enemies sending projectiles my way. Enemies spawn next to me, getting cheap shots to whittle down my health. This is exactly the predicament I found myself in with Rogue Legacy, where if I can't even reach the first measure of success then I'll be stuck forever at the beginning. It doesn't matter if it's humorous design. The cost of entry is your (one-time) payment plus some unquantified and undocumented skill set.

Axminster
Producer

Dec 23, '16, 7:28am

I've been playing Star Wars Battlefront again. Not online so much but trying to get all stars on the missions. Does anyone know if the DLC adds more of these or is it strictly online content?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youngblaise
Producer

Dec 23, '16, 9:55am

I played both the Gravity Rush 2 Demo and the NieR Automata Demo
Both great! I already had high hopes for GR2 but NieR blew me away. Really want to play the full versions for both lol

ReubyJuice
Unsung Hero
PSN: Blackiemoo

Dec 23, '16, 10:35am

I've been alternating between a few games lately - by and large I play Farming Simulator 17 the most, it's been my go-to since it released and I rarely feel tired of it. I borrowed Titanfall 2 from the library and played through the campaign and have hit level 48 in the MP so far, and I have to say it's hella fun. I really feel bad for Titanfall failing so hard, it's such a great game that just got overshadowed.

Occasionally I'll jump into the Uncharted 4 multiplayer and play some ranked, and I gave the new Survival mode a try the other day by myself - it's awesome! If anyone wants to give it a try with me, feel free to add me on PSN. I had a lot of fun with it but it would be better with more people, since my AI partner just up and stopped doing anything (literally standing still) in one of the stages. I also often throw in a few games of Rocket League for good measure, I just can't give that game up completely.

MeatCake
Seducer

What are you playing?

Dec 24, '16, 7:37am

Super Mario Run: Tried the free demo. Wow, does this game's tutorial ever make this look like a game oriented around microtransactions! It has its own virtual economies with tickets and coins. If you buy the game you get bonus tickets and coins too. I had to do everything, including "buying" a structure for my "kingdom" before the game would let me play freely. So anyway, I have never been in love with Mario Bros. It was a brief amusement in the 80s. But I have enjoyed other Mario games, like the 3D World series and at least one of their RPGs, but just not the basic platformer. Actually, I think that platformers are overrated. While it is technically polished (the original game, I mean) it's not much fun. Missing platforms or over-running at the tail of a landing are frustration points that I could never improve. I think that lots of other games were more forgiving of players, and therefore they felt more under control. And so it is with Super Mario Run, where jumping at the wrong time leads to lots and lots of failures. Except that on top of fundamental gameplay difficulty this time the jumping feels less responsive, even sluggish at times. But because you're always running there is even less room to master your moves. Mario doesn't always jump on command. So in my case, I'm not enjoying it and sentimentality isn't getting the better of me. This game is for some people, but it's not for everyone.

INSIDE: Speaking of side-scrolling platformers, I played this all the way through for the second time. It is superb, modern, got some edge-of-your-seat tension, and an awesome gameplay ending. This is what bringing new ideas to the table will get 'ya... I don't think Nintendo was listening.

Raging Light
Baller
PSN: XDaimyo

What are you playing?

Dec 25, '16, 3:56pm

Overwatch. Gotta love those free Winter Lootboxes.

Brotherhood93
Management
Management
PSN: M_O_T1919

Dec 26, '16, 10:56am

I started Invisible Inc. and it reminded me of XCOM and I decided I'd rather play that instead so XCOM 2.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Dec 26, '16, 3:43pm

Rise of the Tomb Raider
THE END OF AN ERA

Keltigon (PSN)
Captain Hogwash (Twitch Chat)
@CreatureLives (Twitter)

greedy_fly_x
Producer
PSN: greedy_fly_x

Dec 26, '16, 5:17pm

FFXV
Bioshock
Battlefield 1
PSN: greedly_fly_x

wilsonbradley7
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: WRECKINRAIDER

What are you playing?

Dec 26, '16, 6:19pm

I havent finished the DLC or chalice dungeons in Bloodborne so Im trying failing miserably to finish this amazing game. Can anyone come help me along? My PSN is WRECKINRAIDER. i know there is a whole thread for names but i hopefully y'all can help!!

Tardis1982
Baller

What are you playing?

Dec 27, '16, 5:25am

COD Infinite Warfare and Recore.
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Dec 27, '16, 6:50am

Telltale Batman
THE END OF AN ERA

Keltigon (PSN)
Captain Hogwash (Twitch Chat)
@CreatureLives (Twitter)

Raging Light
Baller
PSN: XDaimyo

What are you playing?

Dec 27, '16, 11:04am

Overwatch. Finally got my legendary skin, emote and highlight intro for D.VA.

MannySJ
Video Games Moderator
Video Games Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Dec 27, '16, 3:44pm

Christmas was very kind to me, so I've got my gaming for the next couple of months covered.

I'm just starting up Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) and World of Final Fantasy (Vita). Also wrapping up my pokedex in Pokémon Sun.

Youngblaise
Producer

Dec 28, '16, 6:53am

Playing FFXV almost to level 99 on all characters. Gotta kill that Adamantoise! for the Platinum lol a whole month for this game!

Return to “General Gaming Discussion”