Youngblaise
Producer
PSN: YoungBlaise

Re: What are you playing?

Jan 05, '17, 11:43am

CinciBoiler wrote:
Youngblaise wrote:
CinciBoiler wrote:Been playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. I'm really enjoying it so far. Awesome soundtrack, and its been a while since I played an old school platformer metroidvania style game.

It looks like it's so much fun! Are you playing on the PS4 or Vita?
To mee it seems like a good Vita game. But i can't decide yet.

I'm playing on PS4. I'm one of those bastards the doesn't have a Vita...lol. Its a lot of fun. And the guy that did the score for Shovel Knight also did this game, which is a bonus cause Jake Kaufman is awesome.

As long as the game is good. I have to pick it up lol
I need a new Vita soon personally lol

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

What are you playing?

Jan 05, '17, 10:43pm

Escaped the black hole that is Overwatch to try and finish up Dark Souls 2.

Tardis1982
Baller

What are you playing?

Jan 06, '17, 5:39am

Titanfall 2
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

GFresh456
Pure One
PSN: GFresh456

Jan 06, '17, 10:54am

Is anyone still playing Rocket League? I play ranked almost daily and need some help getting out the Challenger division. Add me on PSN, send me a message or game invite whenever.

Youngblaise
Producer
PSN: YoungBlaise

Jan 06, '17, 1:15pm

Currently playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 on my Vita
Senran Kagura New Wave on Mobile
Got to get back to Just Cause 3 now that i finished Final Fantasy XV

ebrito
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: edgar_brito

What are you playing?

Jan 06, '17, 3:36pm

Just Finished Skyrim's main story and the dragonborn DLC, will be finishing up little side quests here and there. Can't decide to start Fallout 4, The Witcher 3, Uncharted 4 or Dragonball Z Xenoverse. Any suggestions?

II GTA FREEK II
Shadow Boxer
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

What are you playing?

Jan 06, '17, 4:24pm

II GTA FREEK II wrote:So I decided to download Hyper Light Drifter. At first I was kinda liking it but now it has become very annoying. Everything is pissing me off. My current status is I wish I could get a refund right now. But I'm just going to stop right now and try playing it some more tomorrow or something.

ColinSpoon

Update: So I decided to try it again and I'm having a much better time with it. There are still some things that I am baffled by.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

What are you playing?

Jan 06, '17, 4:43pm

ebrito wrote:Just Finished Skyrim's main story and the dragonborn DLC, will be finishing up little side quests here and there. Can't decide to start Fallout 4, The Witcher 3, Uncharted 4 or Dragonball Z Xenoverse. Any suggestions?

Uncharted would be a nice change from Skyrim. If you want more Skyrim then Witcher 3 is the closest.
Keltigon (PSN)
Captain Hogwash (Twitch Chat)
@CreatureLives (Twitter}

Farsendor
Unsung Hero

Jan 06, '17, 7:17pm

I'm about to start Resident Evil Revelations 2 for the first time.

JJGee
Baller
PSN: Night-MareW
Steam: JJGee

Jan 07, '17, 6:50am

I'm currently juggling Day of the Tentacle Remastered, World of Final Fantasy, Darkest Dungeon and Resogun on the PS Vita. Sounds like a lot, but I have a system.

I never played Day of the Tentacle before, but decided to check it out since it was free on PS+. I never bought it even though I was mildly interested, because I was worried it would be less like Monkey Island (which I love) and more like Grim Fandango (which I'm not such a big fan of). Turns out it was more like the former, though, and I'm having a blast - I was laughing out loud more than once in my first session with the game, and I love the design a lot - the only downside is that now I want Curse of Monkey Island on the Vita yesterday. Seems like an easy Platinum, but I'm staying away from guides as I want to get the full experience and solve the puzzles myself.

World of Final Fantasy was a semi-impulse buy on the PS Store sale, and in recent years there have been few game types that have appealed to me less than JRPGs - yet, I seem to have had a tiny itch for something like that, and this game is certainly doing a fine job scratching that. It feels more like a Final Fantasy to me than the last few Final Fantasy games that I've played (it's worth noting that I loved - and still love - the old games, up until IX), and I'm having a ton of fun with this unlikely personal hit. I'm gunning for the Platinum, but it'll certainly take quite a while.

Darkest Dungeon is an "old" love/hate-counterpart of mine, as I played it on PC a year ago when it came out. Upon hearing it was coming to the Vita, however, I stopped and waited for the port that would make it a REAL GAME. I'm constantly stumped by how weird the controls are on the handheld, but with a game this good, it's easy to overlook something like that. I have a crazy fever-dream of getting the Platinum Trophy, but I'm not too confident at this moment - maybe one day.

Finally, Resogun is no new acquaintance to me - I intended to Platinum it a long time ago already, but due to my surprisingly wholesome suckage at it, I dropped out. I picked it up again just recently, and started from the bottom, re-learning the game on Rookie difficulty and trying to study all the tricks that would make me better. I feel I've improved considerably already, and I'm pretty confident that I'll get the Platinum pretty soon - I'm at around 70% at the moment.

Mir-88
Pure One

Jan 07, '17, 11:00am

Getting close to the end of Dishonored 2, such a great game with addicting gameplay. Shame it got lost among other good titles after release. I really hope Arkane will make a third game, but I doubt it.

CinciBoiler
Baller
PSN: Izzyrules

Jan 07, '17, 4:27pm

Finished up my 100% speed run on Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. Just need to do the Any% speed run for the platinum. I'll probably get around to that tomorrow.
Twitter: CinciBoiler

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jan 08, '17, 5:25am

Walking Dead: The New Frontier
Keltigon (PSN)
@CreatureLives (Twitter}

Farsendor
Unsung Hero

Jan 08, '17, 6:46am

Played Resident Evil Revelations 2 co op with my wife and well we both greatly disliked the experience.

So now i'm playing Dead Rising for the first time ever and it is ok so far.

Lacky39
Best Friend

Jan 08, '17, 7:03am

I'm switching between quite a few games to be honest, Mostly I'm playing NBA 2K17, I'm finding that the career-mode seems like a drag. Other than that I'm playing TWD: A New Frontier. I'm loving the new season, my only wish is that Telltale could pump the episodes out faster.

JRV
Baller

Jan 08, '17, 7:25am

There isn't anything I feel like playing, so I am replaying Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations, and enjoying it, for me, things will be rather quiet until the 20th, so I will not be playing near as many games, and mostly just replaying games.

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Jan 09, '17, 8:24am

Finishing up Rise of the Tomb Raider
Keltigon (PSN)
@CreatureLives (Twitter}

Brotherhood93
Greg's Ego
PSN: M_O_T1919

Jan 09, '17, 8:39am

Just started playing Stories: Path of Destinies. I'm not crazy about the gameplay but the premise is really cool, might keep me hooked for a few more hours.

TheEregos
Pure One
XBL: Majestic Herbie
PSN: TheEregos

What are you playing?

Jan 09, '17, 8:46am

Playing Heroes of the Storm right now :) as with all Blizzard games i do not think i will ever not stop playing.
Twitter - HerbieTCG
Xbox Live - Majestic Herbie
PSN - TheEregos
ImageImage

CinciBoiler
Baller

Jan 09, '17, 8:54am

Started playing Shantae: Risky's Revenge. Interesting playing the predecessor after having just played Pirate's Curse. WayForward definitely improved on the formula with the later game. Still, having a decent time with Risky's Revenge.
Twitter: CinciBoiler

Return to “General Gaming Discussion”