Steam: Frostilyte
BattleNet: Frostilyte#1183

AirMcLaren
Greg's Ego
PSN: AirMcLaren

Star Wars Battlefront | Multi-Platform Discussion

Sep 02, '16, 6:11pm

This made me lol

(Not related to Battlefront, but related to the Red Box sale I bought Battlefront from)

Twitter: @thechrismclaren
Battle.net: AirMcLaren#1687
Discord: AirMcLaren#6427

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Sep 02, '16, 6:54pm

AirMcLaren wrote:This made me lol]

Geez that's pretty crazy lol! Reminds me of the time me and my friend went to Wal-Mart to pick up a copy of MLB The Show and ended up getting sold 2 counterfeit copies.

MeatTornado
Pure One

Re: Star Wars Battlefront | Multi-Platform Discussion

Oct 01, '16, 2:53pm

I haven't spent much time on the forum lately, but I was still surprised I had to go searching for the topic on this game. The Death Star DLC has been out for a little bit now so I thought maybe someone would be talking about it. Ever since I caved and bought the season pass months ago, I've probably played Battlefront more than anything else. Anyone else around here besides me that hasn't completely abandoned this game? I know a lot of players got suckered into buying the season pass a long time ago and regretted it, but I'm wondering if anyone has come back to try the new DLCs just to try and get their moneys worth from last year?

AirMcLaren
Greg's Ego

Oct 01, '16, 5:36pm

I play quite regularly, but I just bought the game a month ago. I haven't bought the season pass, yet. I may or may not. $20 is the most I'll spend for it. We'll see what Black Friday deals come along.

MeatTornado
Pure One

Oct 02, '16, 10:34am

AirMcLaren wrote:I play quite regularly, but I just bought the game a month ago. I haven't bought the season pass, yet. I may or may not. $20 is the most I'll spend for it. We'll see what Black Friday deals come along.

It was about $30 on PSN a couple weeks ago, which was by far the cheapest it's ever been, it never goes on sale on console. I'd be shocked if it goes any lower than that before the sequel comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if there's no discount on Black Friday unfortunately. I bought it when it was still $50, but I was able to justify it with a $10 gift card, and that was after I had already put in like 40-50 hours so I knew it would be worth it for me.

AirMcLaren
Greg's Ego

Oct 02, '16, 4:40pm

Yeah. I saw the sale. I think it was $32-33ish. Too much for me.

I almost pulled the trigger but after some research decided not to. I hate when games segment DLC maps on different playlists. You should be able to pick XYZ game mode and be on a playlist that includes both the vanilla maps in addition to the DLC. The whole point of DLC, to me, is to add some variety to the game to keep it fresh. I don't want to have to back out of matches to skip from playlist to playlist to play new maps.

That was a big reason why I decided to wait. If it doesn't drop to $20, so be it.

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer
XBL: shanest88
PSN: shanethesaint88

Oct 03, '16, 5:30am

AirMcLaren wrote:I hate when games segment DLC maps on different playlists. You should be able to pick XYZ game mode and be on a playlist that includes both the vanilla maps in addition to the DLC.

This is the worst. I got the season pass on that sale and decided to get back into some Battlefront. And my favorite mode was Drop Prods or whatever it's called and I could not figure out to just play that mode on the new maps. I don't wanna play all the other modes they make for the new maps or any other modes at all. I pretty much seen how the new maps looked and then went back and played that mode on regular maps. Waste of 30 bucks lol

One-Shot
Management
Management
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot

Oct 19, '16, 8:08am

The Ultimate edition was announced which comes with all DLC. Out Nov 18th

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Battle ... nk20241-20
"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

vitzpatel
Baller
PSN: vitz1985

Oct 19, '16, 8:20am

It's on sale for £10 in Greg's favourite British supermarket ASDA - which I still remember him pronouncing it A-S-D-A on UpAtNoon way back when. I believe that's in store only at the moment.

Goes without saying this is the regular edition, not the ultimate edition One-Shot just posted.
psn: vitz1985 | twitter: @vitzpatel | random ramblings: @vitzpatel on Medium

TOTHEXXTREME
Unsung Hero

Oct 19, '16, 8:38am

That Ultimate Edition is a pretty good deal. EA is charging less for this edition than they have for the Season Pass alone, and that's with content yet to come. I feel like the original game was released to exploit the hype around The Force Awakens, and this is out to exploit the hype around Rogue One. But spending $60 for the base game + $50 on the Season Pass is not an attractive idea to most people. But $40 for everything, well that's cheap enough just to jump in here and there, plus to have the new Rogue One maps a few months down the line...sounds pretty good to me!

Only problem is now Battlefield 1 has its hooks in me so I probably don't need to go back to Battlefront in the near future.

One-Shot
Management
Management

Oct 19, '16, 9:30am

TOTHEXXTREME wrote:That Ultimate Edition is a pretty good deal. EA is charging less for this edition than they have for the Season Pass alone, and that's with content yet to come. I feel like the original game was released to exploit the hype around The Force Awakens, and this is out to exploit the hype around Rogue One. But spending $60 for the base game + $50 on the Season Pass is not an attractive idea to most people. But $40 for everything, well that's cheap enough just to jump in here and there, plus to have the new Rogue One maps a few months down the line...sounds pretty good to me!

Only problem is now Battlefield 1 has its hooks in me so I probably don't need to go back to Battlefront in the near future.

You say that like it's some conspiracy. Of course they did that lol. Would be silly not to.

TOTHEXXTREME
Unsung Hero

Oct 19, '16, 12:31pm

One-Shot wrote:You say that like it's some conspiracy. Of course they did that lol. Would be silly not to.

What I'm saying is there is a dark, secluded room somewhere, lit only by candlelight. The humanoid creatures speak in hushed whispers and dark tones. And when they remove their hoods anyone unlucky enough to be trapped there would see the mangled visage of Mickey Mouse!

One-Shot
Management
Management

Oct 20, '16, 9:28am

If you want to try out the DLC without paying anything you can on nov 18th weekend.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/ ... 932400001d

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Oct 20, '16, 9:51am

Well I'm getting the Ultimate Edition when it drops to 20-30 bucks sometime this fall

And sorry but I laugh in the face of those who got the season pass and now the full game and DLC come CHEAPER then the season pass what a joke

One-Shot
Management
Management

Oct 20, '16, 9:57am

JerrodDRagon wrote:Well I'm getting the Ultimate Edition when it drops to 20-30 bucks sometime this fall

And sorry but I laugh in the face of those who got the season pass and now the full game and DLC come CHEAPER then the season pass what a joke

Well that's how everything is. The longer you wait the cheaper it will be.

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Oct 20, '16, 10:50am

One-Shot wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:Well I'm getting the Ultimate Edition when it drops to 20-30 bucks sometime this fall

Well that's how everything is. The longer you wait the cheaper it will be.

Most don't come out with the season pass costing MORE then the the full game with the DLC day one

Sure GOTY editions come out but at 60 bucks....I mean its great for me...but sucks for all those people who got the game and season pass for 110 bucks and I'm getting it for 70 bucks less then that...shows why I'm renting battlefield one and waiting to buy the full game when its GOTY

AirMcLaren
Greg's Ego

Jan 02, '17, 9:13am

I'm looking for a co op partner to run through the survival missions on master difficulty later today (or sometime this week, potentially--the sooner the better). Send me a PSN friend invite/message if you're interested. Will be going for the trophies.

Return to “General Gaming Discussion”