The_Redback
Lifestyle & Ent Moderator
Steam: The_Redback

Rocket League

Sep 09, '16, 1:53am

I just realised we don't have a Rocket League general for the mega topic list. I am not sure how many people still play but a new update dropped today. I just played for about 45 mins and it is awesome.

Here are the details: http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/news/20 ... tes-v1-22/

THE HEADLINES
- Rocket League is now available in beta on Mac and Linux platforms
- All-new “Rumble” mode has been added as an unranked playlist, and is also available in Private Matches and Exhibition mode
- Create up to ten Car Presets that save specific car configurations for easy access.
- Expanded primary color palette to give players more options for their Blue and Orange cars, including Green colors for the Blue Team.
- Added “DFH Stadium (Stormy)” and “Urban Central (Dawn)” to all casual/competitive playlists.
- Added all-new “Octagon” arena to the “Rocket Labs” playlist.

+ More
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
Twitter: @The_Redback

TOTHEXXTREME
Unsung Hero

Rocket League

Sep 09, '16, 5:30am

No new trophies, which is probably for the best.

I'm still recovering from the Neo Tokyo grind to obtain one of them thar' Certified Items.

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

Re: Rocket League

Sep 09, '16, 5:36am

I'm sure there's a rocket league topic? If it's on the PS forum, the moderators can move it to the General forums

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Rocket League

Sep 09, '16, 11:59pm

Not sure how I feel about the crates. You pay to unlock and get one random item each time. I bought five keys -- on my second crate I unlocked one of the new cars, which was sweet. But it's just as likely to get 5 so-so decals...

But the Rumble mode is absolutely bananas awesome. I'm okay giving them $5 for the keys just to support that mode.

Johnnyrocknrolla
Pure One
PSN: johnnyrocknrolla

Sep 10, '16, 3:20am

I still play it every now and again.
PSN: johnnyrocknrolla

GFresh456
Pure One
PSN: GFresh456

Jan 06, '17, 11:05am

I keep buying keys monthly because I keep playing daily. Got the game for free so this seems like a fair way to do my part to keep the servers online FOREVER.

The_Redback

Jan 06, '17, 12:30pm

GFresh456 wrote:I keep buying keys monthly because I keep playing daily. Got the game for free so this seems like a fair way to do my part to keep the servers online FOREVER.

I bought a couple of keys and I got the couple of things I wanted. Not a fan of all the stuff in the crates.

DormStreams
Unsung Hero
PSN: paratan21
Steam: paratan21

Jan 06, '17, 12:55pm

What do you guys think of the DLC? Like some others mentioned I feel like I should support Psyonix financially, but are the different cars worth it?
twiiter: @DormStreams (Gaming) & @tannerbchaney (personal)
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7R6My_EIa2LtN-Nitmg1pQ
twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dormstreams

nicktorious_BIG
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Rocket League

Jan 06, '17, 12:58pm

To be completely honest, I haven't really played any of the DLC stuff besides the free updates that contained the new modes like Basketball and Hockey. This isn't a knock on the game, I just haven't really had time to go back. I will bust it out occasionally though if I know I'm having friends over. Anyway, I have generally heard good things about the DLC. Psyonix is defiantly supporting the game pretty well.

DormStreams
Unsung Hero

Rocket League

Jan 06, '17, 12:59pm

nicktorious_BIG wrote:To be completely honest, I haven't really played any of the DLC stuff besides the free updates that contained the new modes like Basketball and Hockey. This isn't a knock on the game, I just haven't really had time to go back. I will bust it out occasionally though if I know I'm having friends over. Anyway, I have generally heard good things about the DLC. Psyonix is defiantly supporting the game pretty well.

For sure. Rumble is maybe the game at it's best. I think I will support them with the DLC then. New trophies to strive for is justification enough.

nicktorious_BIG

Rocket League

Jan 06, '17, 1:08pm

DormStreams wrote:For sure. Rumble is maybe the game at it's best. I think I will support them with the DLC then. New trophies to strive for is justification enough.

New trophies are always a plus! I feel like every time I look at that game on PSN Profiles my completion rate is steadily going down. I got the initial platinum, but haven't gone for the other trophies.

The_Redback

Rocket League

Jan 06, '17, 1:31pm

DormStreams wrote:
nicktorious_BIG wrote:To be completely honest, I haven't really played any of the DLC stuff besides the free updates that contained the new modes like Basketball and Hockey. This isn't a knock on the game, I just haven't really had time to go back. I will bust it out occasionally though if I know I'm having friends over. Anyway, I have generally heard good things about the DLC. Psyonix is defiantly supporting the game pretty well.

For sure. Rumble is maybe the game at it's best. I think I will support them with the DLC then. New trophies to strive for is justification enough.

I disagree. Rumble is fun and all but nothing beats a normal 3v3.

As for the DLC cars, I have got most of them. I just picked the ones I liked the look of. I like how the DLC in Rocket League is very much just something extra if you want it, you don't feel like you are missing out on anything by not getting the DLC.

nicktorious_BIG

Rocket League

Jan 06, '17, 1:36pm

The_Redback wrote:
DormStreams wrote:For sure. Rumble is maybe the game at it's best. I think I will support them with the DLC then. New trophies to strive for is justification enough.

For a hot second I thought I played Rumble, but then I googled it and I definitely didn't. Does the mode basically introduce a way for you to fuck with people during a regular match or are there new rules entirely?

The_Redback

Rocket League

Jan 06, '17, 1:42pm

nicktorious_BIG wrote:
The_Redback wrote:

For a hot second I thought I played Rumble, but then I googled it and I definitely didn't. Does the mode basically introduce a way for you to fuck with people during a regular match or are there new rules entirely?

Its basically a regular 3v3 match but with powerups once every 10 seconds

DormStreams
Unsung Hero

Rocket League

Jan 06, '17, 2:33pm

The_Redback wrote:
nicktorious_BIG wrote:
The_Redback wrote:

Its basically a regular 3v3 match but with powerups once every 10 seconds

I still love regular, but Rumble definitely adds some fun chaos in my opinion. To each their own!

nicktorious_BIG

Rocket League

Jan 06, '17, 7:49pm

You know what Rumble reminds me of? It reminds me of Super Smash Bros matches with items. I personally don't mind using items in Super Smash Bros, but I know there's a lot of purists that say using items is heresy and only play in Final Destination with no items. It's kind of a stretch but they seem pretty similar to me.

II GTA FREEK II
Seducer
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Rocket League

Jan 07, '17, 3:40am

The_Redback wrote:
DormStreams wrote:

As for the DLC cars, I have got most of them. I just picked the ones I liked the look of. I like how the DLC in Rocket League is very much just something extra if you want it, you don't feel like you are missing out on anything by not getting the DLC.

The first time my friend and I played rumble will always be some of the most fun we've had with this game.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Rocket League

Jan 08, '17, 10:58am

I still play a lot, have all the trophies and everything. Typically when they come out with a set of new cars I'll pick the one I like best and go with it until the next update. Have also bought about 20 keys since they came out -- have got some cool stuff, but slowed down when I opened 5 boring decals in a row. PortyDumb

Game is still excellent, the support is great. Can't wait to see what they come out with this year.

And Rumble is awesome. Totally relies on getting useful items randomly though. Sucks when you keep getting the teleporter, boot, and boost sabotage and everyone on the other team are pumping in goals with the spikes and boxing glove.

The_Redback

Rocket League

Jan 08, '17, 2:50pm

touchfuzzy wrote:
And Rumble is awesome. Totally relies on getting useful items randomly though. Sucks when you keep getting the teleporter, boot, and boost sabotage and everyone on the other team are pumping in goals with the spikes and boxing glove.

I have had some amazing saves with the sticky plunger type powerup

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Rocket League

Jan 08, '17, 4:04pm

The_Redback wrote:
touchfuzzy wrote:

I have had some amazing saves with the sticky plunger type powerup

Yep the plunger is the other amazing one. I would tier them as such:

Tier 1 - really useful

Boxing Glove
Plunger
Spikes

Tier 2 - mostly useful

Freeze
Grappling Hook
Magnetizer
Power Hitting

Tier 3 - useless