Grappling Hook
Magnetizer
Power Hitting

Tier 3 - useless

Boot
Forced Boost
Swapper
Tornado

I would swap the Magnetizer for the Swapper. I am useless with the Magnetizer but I have used the swapper many times to disrupt enemies who are going for a shot on goal.
Steam: The_Redback
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
PSN: Phesath
Twitter: @The_Redback

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Rocket League

Jan 09, '17, 10:32am

The_Redback wrote:
touchfuzzy wrote:
Yep the plunger is the other amazing one. I would tier them as such:

Tier 1 - really useful

Boxing Glove
Plunger
Spikes

Tier 2 - mostly useful

Freeze
Grappling Hook
Magnetizer
Power Hitting

Tier 3 - useless

Boot
Forced Boost
Swapper
Tornado

I would swap the Magnetizer for the Swapper. I am useless with the Magnetizer but I have used the swapper many times to disrupt enemies who are going for a shot on goal.

Magnetizer is deadly, but it does take some time to get used to. It's low range is what put it into tier 2 for me. I used to think it was useless until I got better with it.

Swapper would be infinitely more useful and probably Tier 1 if it was instant. But 90% of the time you trigger it on a guy going for a shot/save and in the two seconds it takes to actually swap, he's already made it.

Though one time I did score an awesome goal with it -- swapped with a guy in the net as I was jumping at the ball, so his car ended up hitting the ball and I (obviously) just let it go in. Other than that though, I struggle to think of times it's had a real direct affect on play. A couple times moving guys out of the net and such, but that's about it.

MarioADom
Best Friend
PSN: Gu1993

Re: Rocket League

Jan 11, '17, 9:47am

Is anyone available for a item trade? Can't get a certified item.

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Jan 11, '17, 10:38am

MarioADom wrote:Is anyone available for a item trade? Can't get a certified item.

Are you going for the trophy? I think I have some of the easier ones (shots or goals or saves) -- I'd have to double check. I got my trophy on one for shots and haven't put a certified item on since, but I've probably got somewhere from 8-10.

GFresh456
Pure One
PSN: GFresh456

Jan 12, '17, 6:32am

DormStreams wrote:What do you guys think of the DLC? Like some others mentioned I feel like I should support Psyonix financially, but are the different cars worth it?

I have most of the DLC and I'd say the Supersonic Fury pack, Batmobile and Back to the future cars are worth it if you want to throw some extra bucks at the game. The other DLC cars feel kinda clunky to me. Note that you can't add any of your custom swag to the Batmobile or Back to the Future cars. The Masamune car is as close to a Tron type vehicle we have but I hear it has some pretty bad stats if you care about hit boxes, turn radius, etc.

touchfuzzy wrote:
MarioADom wrote:Is anyone available for a item trade? Can't get a certified item.

Are you going for the trophy? I think I have some of the easier ones (shots or goals or saves) -- I'd have to double check. I got my trophy on one for shots and haven't put a certified item on since, but I've probably got somewhere from 8-10.

Same here. Add me and you can have my tracking items that match your play style. I think I have at least ones for assists and saves.

I boosted for the trophy with the 'clear' tracking using 1v3 against bots. It went pretty quick. It would be convenient if trading you my veteran item just popped the trophy :)

! Message from: One-Shot
Please don't double post

MarioADom
Best Friend
PSN: Gu1993

Jan 12, '17, 9:01am

touchfuzzy wrote:

Yeah, I'm going for the trohies. I'll add you on PSN.

GFresh456 wrote:
touchfuzzy wrote:

Same here. Add me and you can have my tracking items that match your play style. I think I have at least ones for assists and saves.

I boosted for the trophy with the 'clear' tracking using 1v3 against bots. It went pretty quick. It would be convenient if trading you my veteran item just popped the trophy :)

Ok, I'll add you. If you could trade a saves one, it would be nice.

Thanks.

! Message from: One-Shot
Please don't double post

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mar 13, '17, 6:25pm

https://youtu.be/MdBvId4DyIg

Announced yesterday, brand new mode coming on March 22nd called 'Dropshot'.

Check out the trailer, its looks interesting. Will be interesting how diff it is to the other modes of play.

Valomek
Baller
PSN: Valomek

Mar 13, '17, 6:32pm

Along with Dropshot releasing on March 22, we have a host of other changes coming to Rocket League, including new achievements/trophies, painted Bodies and Rocket Trails, an Esports content button

I just got it back to 100% FailFish
Are you lonely?

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mar 13, '17, 6:33pm

Valomek wrote:
Along with Dropshot releasing on March 22, we have a host of other changes coming to Rocket League, including new achievements/trophies, painted Bodies and Rocket Trails, an Esports content button

I just got it back to 100% FailFish

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!

I missed that part. I got it back to 100% a few weeks ago as well.

Valomek
Baller

Mar 13, '17, 6:36pm

The_Redback wrote:GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!

I missed that part. I got it back to 100% a few weeks ago as well.

I swear to god, that if they make one more trophy like Rocket Genocider, I'm going to find Jeremy Dunham and complain about it.
Are you lonely?

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mar 13, '17, 6:46pm

Valomek wrote:I swear to god, that if they make one more trophy like Rocket Genocider, I'm going to find Jeremy Dunham and complain about it.

He may just double down on it, next achievement is to make 1070 shots on goal.

Valomek
Baller

Mar 13, '17, 6:49pm

The_Redback wrote:He may just double down on it, next achievement is to make 1070 shots on goal.

If that ever happend, this would be me and brother looking at the trophylist.

Are you lonely?

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

May 03, '17, 1:50pm

https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/859567423552225281

...Wat? portilloSexyGreg

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

May 03, '17, 1:53pm

SonofMar wrote: ...Wat? portilloSexyGreg

Very interesting. Not the type of partnership I would expect, but it could be cool! There was another tweet that provides some clarification. Looks like it's just a sponsorship deal with the possibility of more to come in the future?

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

May 03, '17, 1:54pm

I want a Hulk Hogan or Stone Cold Monster Truck. Make. It. Happen. Psyonix. I will play this game again if you do. I will also accept Randy Savage shades and hat toppers. I LIKE. portilloYell

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rocket League

May 03, '17, 1:57pm

Give me car with a John Cena branded denim paint job and I'll be happy. Also...make the car invisible.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rocket League

May 03, '17, 1:58pm

nicktorious_BLT wrote:Give me car with a John Cena branded denim paint job and I'll be happy. Also...make the car invisible.

Of course. The only thing visible on it will be a the traditional Cena hat and a boost that is the american flag.

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rocket League

May 03, '17, 2:00pm

SonofMar wrote:
nicktorious_BLT wrote:Give me car with a John Cena branded denim paint job and I'll be happy. Also...make the car invisible.

Of course. The only thing visible on it will be a the traditional Cena hat and a boost that is the american flag.

Perfect. Also there should be entrance music for all the cars. I want pyrotechnics and the whole shebang.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rocket League

May 03, '17, 2:12pm

nicktorious_BLT wrote:Perfect. Also there should be entrance music for all the cars. I want pyrotechnics and the whole shebang.

WAIT. WAIT WAIT WAIT. Please tell me we get a Wrestlemania arena to drive in. Because that would be in-freaking-sane. I WANT TO DRIVE A HEARSE DOWN THE RAMP TO TAKER'S ENTRANCE. I NEED TO STOP YELLING. portilloYell

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rocket League

May 03, '17, 2:22pm

SonofMar wrote:
nicktorious_BLT wrote:Perfect. Also there should be entrance music for all the cars. I want pyrotechnics and the whole shebang.

WAIT. WAIT WAIT WAIT. Please tell me we get a Wrestlemania arena to drive in. Because that would be in-freaking-sane. I WANT TO DRIVE A HEARSE DOWN THE RAMP TO TAKER'S ENTRANCE. I NEED TO STOP YELLING. portilloYell

We need to get on the phone with the WWE. We need to make all this happen. KevinCEO

Return to “General Gaming Discussion”