Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Re: Final Fantasy XII | GT | The Zodiac Age

Jul 15, '17, 6:48am

Brotherhood93 wrote:Haven't been able to play this as much as I hoped. Just got out of Nalbina. Since I didn't really play the original much I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to the license boards. Game hasn't been difficult at all so far though so hopefully I'm not fucking up my set-up too much.

I have to say I think speed mode is a great addition to the game.

You can have up to 2 license boards for each character. At the start you get one.

Read the descriptions and pick the ones you want carefully. You can't go wrong with getting at least one of each.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Final Fantasy XII | GT | The Zodiac Age

Jul 15, '17, 4:49pm

The job system and fast forward system have just made this game infinitely more user friendly and enjoyable. I'm loving it after not really being a big fan the first time around.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Jul 15, '17, 6:21pm

I'm overkilling it a little bit. My Vaan is coming up on level 32 and I haven't even gone into Raithwall's tomb yet. Basically everyone is almost done with their first boards

CinciBoiler
Baller
PSN: Izzyrules

Jul 15, '17, 8:28pm

Chaz wrote:I'm overkilling it a little bit. My Vaan is coming up on level 32 and I haven't even gone into Raithwall's tomb yet. Basically everyone is almost done with their first boards

Lol, I think you're at a higher level than me and I just got to Mt. But-omisace...
Twitter: CinciBoiler

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jul 15, '17, 9:09pm

CinciBoiler wrote:
Chaz wrote:I'm overkilling it a little bit. My Vaan is coming up on level 32 and I haven't even gone into Raithwall's tomb yet. Basically everyone is almost done with their first boards

Lol, I think you're at a higher level than me and I just got to Mt. But-omisace...

Yeah I'm going a little overboard but I can't beat the demon wall without quickenings so I'm basically just overleveling and maxing out first grids before I go back. I'm training in the Zertinan Caverns haha

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Jul 15, '17, 10:15pm

Chaz wrote:
CinciBoiler wrote:

Yeah I'm going a little overboard but I can't beat the demon wall without quickenings so I'm basically just overleveling and maxing out first grids before I go back. I'm training in the Zertinan Caverns haha

I only had one quickening unlocked for the Demon Wall. But I got lucky and got Mist Charges for it twice, so the Concurrence triggered as well. Fight was over pretty quick.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jul 15, '17, 10:44pm

touchfuzzy wrote:
I only had one quickening unlocked for the Demon Wall. But I got lucky and got Mist Charges for it twice, so the Concurrence triggered as well. Fight was over pretty quick.
[/quote][/quote]

Yeah I tried that but it didn't help but I think I figure out my problem. I had the wrong party setup. The second demon wall is easy it's that first one that's annoying

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Jul 16, '17, 6:44am

Chaz wrote:
touchfuzzy wrote:
[/quote]

Yeah I tried that but it didn't help but I think I figure out my problem. I had the wrong party setup. The second demon wall is easy it's that first one that's annoying[/quote]

You don't have to fight the first one.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jul 16, '17, 8:07am

touchfuzzy wrote:You don't have to fight the first one.

I know that but I wanted to

Brotherhood93
Greg's Ego
PSN: M_O_T1919

Jul 16, '17, 3:54pm

I just left the Leviathan. Still trying to tweak my party and gambits for best results. Is it best to just stick with a main group or keep switching people in and out so they level fairly equally?

CinciBoiler
Baller

Jul 16, '17, 4:03pm

Brotherhood93 wrote:I just left the Leviathan. Still trying to tweak my party and gambits for best results. Is it best to just stick with a main group or keep switching people in and out so they level fairly equally?

Its honestly up to you. Personally, I rotate my characters so they level fairly evenly. But I know some people have favorites and just stick with them. Overall, probably best to level everyone equally as you never know when you'll need to pull in the reserves.
Last edited by CinciBoiler on Jul 17, '17, 6:03am, edited 1 time in total.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jul 17, '17, 5:43am

CinciBoiler wrote:
Brotherhood93 wrote:I just left the Leviathan. Still trying to tweak my party and gambits for best results. Is it best to just stick with a main group or keep switching people in and out so they level fairly equally?

Its honestly up to you. Personally, I rotate my characters so they level fairly evenly. But I know some people have favorites and just still with them. Overall, probably best to level everyone equally as you never know when you'll need to pull in the reserves.

Yeah I personally always have Vaan in and rotate everyone else so right now I have 5 characters at level 28 and Vaan at level 40. I'm about to go into the jungle.

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Jul 17, '17, 2:32pm

I roll two parties of Tank/DPS/Healer and level them up evenly.

So right now the two groups are:

Basch - Foebreaker/Uhlan
Vaan - Shukari/Monk
Penelo - White Mage/Archer

Ashe - Knight/Bushi
Balthier - Machinist/Time Battlemage
Fran - Red Battlemage/Black Mage

This seems to be a very effective set-up. You can sub in Penelo/Fran for one of the others on either team in boss fights if you need some more intensive healing.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jul 20, '17, 4:31am

Man that King Bomb using Renew is annoying as fuck. I'm going to try and cast reflect on it when I go back to Salicka Wood. I should probably wait until after I do the Stilshrine but I wanted to see how far I could take my team.

CinciBoiler
Baller

Jul 20, '17, 6:38am

Chaz wrote:Man that King Bomb using Renew is annoying as fuck. I'm going to try and cast reflect on it when I go back to Salicka Wood. I should probably wait until after I do the Stilshrine but I wanted to see how far I could take my team.

I had an issue with that as well. I tried casting reflect on it, but it was still able to use Renew successfully. So it must have some ability to cast spells successfully even thru reflect. I after having it use Renew for literally about the 4th time in the fight, I just waited until it had about 25% health left and popped a quickening chain to finish it off.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jul 20, '17, 7:03am

CinciBoiler wrote:
Chaz wrote:Man that King Bomb using Renew is annoying as fuck. I'm going to try and cast reflect on it when I go back to Salicka Wood. I should probably wait until after I do the Stilshrine but I wanted to see how far I could take my team.

I had an issue with that as well. I tried casting reflect on it, but it was still able to use Renew successfully. So it must have some ability to cast spells successfully even thru reflect. I after having it use Renew for literally about the 4th time in the fight, I just waited until it had about 25% health left and popped a quickening chain to finish it off.

Yeah I tried that and got fucked by RNG and didn't get any mist charges so didn't get a concurrance

Zhabroah
Unsung Hero
PSN: Zhabroah
Steam: Zhabroah

Jul 20, '17, 5:06pm

CinciBoiler wrote:

The Renew that the Bomb King uses is a technick instead of the magick version and thus not reflectable.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jul 21, '17, 5:32am

Zhabroah wrote:
CinciBoiler wrote:

The Renew that the Bomb King uses is a technick instead of the magick version and thus not reflectable.

That explains it. He can only use Renew 5 times though apparently so After I finish the Stilshrine I'm going to head back and take out King Bomb. My stragglers will be close to 40 by then anyway.

CinciBoiler
Baller

Jul 21, '17, 5:35am

Chaz wrote:That explains it. He can only use Renew 5 times though apparently so After I finish the Stilshrine I'm going to head back and take out King Bomb. My stragglers will be close to 40 by then anyway.

Lol, if you're stragglers are at level 40, where is your Vaan character?

Chaz
Pride of the Forums

Jul 21, '17, 5:46am

CinciBoiler wrote:
Chaz wrote:That explains it. He can only use Renew 5 times though apparently so After I finish the Stilshrine I'm going to head back and take out King Bomb. My stragglers will be close to 40 by then anyway.

Lol, if you're stragglers are at level 40, where is your Vaan character?

right now Vaan is 52, ashe and penelo are 40, basch is 37 and Balthier and Fran are 33 haha. so only 19 levels behind

Return to “PlayStation”