TheTruth
Unsung Hero
PSN: TrueKaimynas

Re: PlayStation Trophies [Mega Thread]

Aug 10, '17, 11:26pm

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox- ... 0-6452439/

Wonder how Sony will respond to this in the future, as they are usually late with such improvements. I hope this update from Xbox will be good push for them to take trophies a bit more seriously and do some improvements/rewards etc
"SYSTEM GO "DING", MAKE MY BRAIN TINGLE. I PRESS BUTTONS GHUUUUUUUD."

Valomek
Baller
PSN: Valomek

Aug 11, '17, 12:49am

TheTruth wrote:Wonder how Sony will respond to this in the future, as they are usually late with such improvements. I hope this update from Xbox will be good push for them to take trophies a bit more seriously and do some improvements/rewards etc

Oh god I hope not, since I don't view as a improvement. This is one of the times, where its good that PSN is such a mess, because Sony won't even have an idea on how to change the trophy system.
Are you lonely?

mrsoy89
Seducer
Position/Title: Game Designer
PSN: mrsoy89

Aug 11, '17, 2:28am

TheTruth wrote:https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-achievements-receiving-fundamental-change/1100-6452439/

Wonder how Sony will respond to this in the future, as they are usually late with such improvements. I hope this update from Xbox will be good push for them to take trophies a bit more seriously and do some improvements/rewards etc

The only improvement I would like to see is perma bans for dirty filthy trophy cheats.

I couldn't see any type of rewards feature being implemented when cheating/hacking/modding is so rampant.

Valomek
Baller

Aug 11, '17, 2:40am

mrsoy89 wrote:The only improvement I would like to see is perma bans for dirty filthy trophy cheats.

I couldn't see any type of rewards feature being implemented when cheating/hacking/modding is so rampant.

Sometimes I read the Flagged Game Disputes threads on PSNProfiles because I find it funny, how some people will go out of their way to claim they did nothing wrong, while having impossible timestamps for their trophies.
Are you lonely?

TheTruth
Unsung Hero
PSN: TrueKaimynas

Aug 11, '17, 4:12am

I personally would love having avatar or theme for every platinum you get. Also, solve trophy hacking and ability to get platinum for every game, increase level cap, I never plan to reach 99, but it should be nice to people who are already at 99.
"SYSTEM GO "DING", MAKE MY BRAIN TINGLE. I PRESS BUTTONS GHUUUUUUUD."

II GTA FREEK II
Baller
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Aug 11, '17, 9:23am

TheTruth wrote:I personally would love having avatar or theme for every platinum you get.

I remember some games on 360 having stuff like that. Some achievements would give you avatars. I would also love some kind of rewards like that for trophies. Horizon did it, so it's not impossible.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

Vane
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o

Aug 11, '17, 9:42am

TheTruth wrote:I personally would love having avatar or theme for every platinum you get.

Never got my Horizon one. FeelsBadMan

Valomek
Baller

Aug 11, '17, 10:02am

Vane wrote:Never got my Horizon one. FeelsBadMan

You can get my code if you want.
Are you lonely?

Youngblaise
Producer
PSN: YoungBlaise

Aug 11, '17, 10:04am

Isn't the Platinum Trophy itself the "Badge" we need?

Valomek
Baller

Aug 11, '17, 10:10am

Youngblaise wrote:Isn't the Platinum Trophy itself the "Badge" we need?

Thats how I view it anyways, but it seems like some people want to hane rewards to the people that don't even care about trophies or achievements portilloSexyGreg
Are you lonely?

Youngblaise
Producer
PSN: YoungBlaise

Aug 11, '17, 10:25am

Valomek wrote:
Youngblaise wrote:Isn't the Platinum Trophy itself the "Badge" we need?

Thats how I view it anyways, but it seems like some people want to hane rewards to the people that don't even care about trophies or achievements portilloSexyGreg

You should only get rewards maybe at a certain number of trophies or a level. Like lvl 50.
I think Bloodbourne also gave out a theme for getting a Platinum.

mrsoy89
Seducer

Aug 11, '17, 11:37am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:

I remember some games on 360 having stuff like that. Some achievements would give you avatars. I would also love some kind of rewards like that for trophies. Horizon did it, so it's not impossible.

Yea it's seems to be only first party titles that do it. Horizon, The Last of Us, Bloodbourne and The Last Guardian give a theme for obtaining the platinum. Never did get my Last of Us reward and I got the plat on PS3 and PS4 FuckOff

I've no idea how it would work but I would like something like Ubisofts U Play (or Ubisoft Club as it's been renamed) section but for trophies. You could unlock outfits, weapons, art work or soundtracks and stuff for different games but you redeem them with a certain amount of trophies.

Oh and maybe some form of integrated customizeable trophy leaderboards too.
Last edited by mrsoy89 on Aug 11, '17, 1:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackballhog
Pure One
PSN: Blackballhog

PlayStation Trophies [Mega Thread]

Aug 11, '17, 1:20pm

I have always thought Trophies and Achievements were just a potential tip of the iceberg. Playstation could have system based trophies, weekly based trophies, a mmo or ps home game that used trophy level as your level cap in the game. They had a reward beta system back on ps3 that i was in that i think they should bring back (similar to getting avatar or theme email for getting platinum). Any of these things are things that would convince the hardcore of the audience to play their ps4 or buy more games which is nothing but $ to Sony. Would love to see what Microsoft is thinking with the new stuff.

jacks81x
Unsung Hero

Aug 11, '17, 5:44pm

Valomek wrote:
mrsoy89 wrote:The only improvement I would like to see is perma bans for dirty filthy trophy cheats.

Sometimes I read the Flagged Game Disputes threads on PSNProfiles because I find it funny, how some people will go out of their way to claim they did nothing wrong, while having impossible timestamps for their trophies.

Though not very common, there are some legitimate examples for those cases, particularly when it comes to online games. If you happen to be in the same lobby as a hacked user, that hacked user in certain games could actually pop trophies for everyone else in the lobby and thus screwing everyone over.

mrsoy89
Seducer

Aug 11, '17, 6:00pm

jacks81x wrote:
Valomek wrote:

Though not very common, there are some legitimate examples for those cases, particularly when it comes to online games. If you happen to be in the same lobby as a hacked user, that hacked user in certain games could actually pop trophies for everyone else in the lobby and thus screwing everyone over.

I've heard that quite a few times but the only game I've heard that it has happened in is COD. I'm sure there are others too. It must suck.

Theres a million ways to spot a cheater tho so there is no excuse for Sony to not take action. When a player has Telltales Walking Dead Season 1 trophies completed and the timestamps show they were earned in 2008 you know there's something fishy afoot lol

CinciBoiler
Baller
PSN: Izzyrules

Aug 11, '17, 6:17pm

PLATINUM #100

FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE

Champion of Ivalice

Finally got it done! I'm glad I waited to make this one my 100th. Its definitely my favorite platinum now. Definitely on to some lighter stuff now, the grind for this was real!
Twitter: CinciBoiler
PSN: Izzyrules

mrsoy89
Seducer

Aug 11, '17, 7:27pm

Plat 389 The Town of Light

jacks81x
Unsung Hero

Aug 11, '17, 8:24pm

Plat #112 - Teslagrad

Valomek
Baller

Aug 12, '17, 1:58am

jacks81x wrote:Though not very common, there are some legitimate examples for those cases, particularly when it comes to online games. If you happen to be in the same lobby as a hacked user, that hacked user in certain games could actually pop trophies for everyone else in the lobby and thus screwing everyone over.

I was more talking about people like this guy.

Grand Theft Auto IV:
It's a painful grind and the modder simply saved me time, he didn't help me to do something I didn't have the capacity to do myself, he just sped up the process, and GTA4's online is a complete mess. I don't believe it was much of a violation.
Are you lonely?

mrsoy89
Seducer

Aug 12, '17, 1:08pm

Plat #390 Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood

Return to “PlayStation”