17%

Total votes: 77
Tidal1989
Best Friend
XBL: TidalOneka
PSN: TidalOneka

Does The Order 1886 deserve a sequel?

Feb 19, '16, 12:24pm

I still think that an "Order: 1887" could be an Assassin's Creed II situation. If they address some of the issues with the gameplay (we know Ready at Dawn can do good gameplay with the GoW PsP games) it could be a truly great game.

Wiskysin
Shadow Boxer
XBL: Wiskysin
PSN: DoctorSyntax

Feb 24, '16, 9:08pm

Well, finished the game and I actually though it was pretty incredible. Visually stunning and played like a movie. It's interesting to me a game like Life is Strange is lauded (deservedly), but The Order 1886 was shit on. The Order 1886 has a way better story, in my opinion. I'm making the comparison because the gameplay is very similar. Lots of collectibles, though executed differently.

I don't tend to get on hype trains, so I'm not sure if that's why this game had such a negative reaction at launch. Was it sold as being something other than it was? I didn't notice if it was.

I think they told a complete story, so in that sense not getting a sequel wouldn't feel like we never got an ending. It still left an opening for a continuation and I'd like to see it.

Graphically, this is the best game I've ever played on a console hands down. Story was solid and the voice acting was top notch. I don't get the hate outside of misleading marketing.
Last edited by Wiskysin on Feb 24, '16, 9:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hodhoer
Pure One
PSN: Hodhoer

Re: Does The Order 1886 deserve a sequel?

Feb 24, '16, 9:14pm

For sure it deserves a proper sequel learning from their mistakes this time to create a truly phenomenal experience.
Image Image Image

theartfulgamer
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: noisdois
Steam: noisdois2

Feb 25, '16, 3:06pm

The Order: 1886 got a lot of crap. I totally loved that game, from beginning to end, top to bottom. I think what they were going for was to be as realistic as possible -- they cut out a bunch of the gaming tropes that we have all come to expect that don't make any sense (ie. If you explore around the boiler room you're not going to find any ammo. You can't see over a wall that you're hiding behind. There aren't guns lying around everywhere, unless you're in a place where it contextually makes sense to have a bunch of guns lying around everywhere). And I haven't seen a game that looks more photo-realistic.

I think it's absolutely a game that warrants multiple playthroughs. The first time I played it, I tried to rush through it and play as though I were Lancelot. I didn't look in every nook and cranny for collectibles because I felt the imperative to make haste in the situations I was in. The second time through I slowed down, looked at the gorgeous environment, read all of the newspapers (which was really cool, btw), listened to the audio tapes, and just lived in that world for a bit longer. My third playthrough will be for the Platinum. And the game is short enough that I don't get burned out by the end of it.

I hope that Ready at Dawn doesn't take the harsh criticism of the game as an indicator that they shouldn't make a sequel, because I severely want to continue the story.
- The Artful Gamer

bez87
Pure One

Mar 01, '16, 7:37am

Yes they deserve to make a sequel, all the rough negative feedback they got was undeserved really, yes the game lacked much gameplay elements, but it was and still is the best looking game on PS4, there is no denying that and the third person action was solid, there just wasn't enough. but forget price and just look at the game, it's a master piece in it's own right, I mean no other developer at all has produce graphics like that, they deserve a shot just because of how good that team is on visuals, and the gameplay was solid, even if those sections were short

A_Faceless_Name
Pure One

Mar 01, '16, 1:31pm

The game play was actually pretty good, you just had to walk around looking at stuff for an hour between short bursts of action. I would give it a shot for sure if they made another and rebalanced the game play to exploration ratio.
Please check out my words about video games!
http://diehardgamefan.com/diehard/skess/

jonrosetyler
Best Friend

Mar 10, '16, 8:21am

I think it deserves a sequel to correct all the mistakes it made in the first one.

Shuklar
Producer

Mar 10, '16, 9:20pm

I enjoyed my time with it. It was very cinematic and I liked the story and characters. It's arguable that most of what it offered was 10 out of 10, except gameplay felt like a 6 out of 10, so it's understandable why it wasn't as well received if that's the main/only thing people wanted.

I'd like to see a sequel, yet I don't see it happening.

cosmicicecream
Pure One
PSN: cosmicicecream

Mar 11, '16, 3:49am

I regret no minute of playing The Order. The story was interesting enough and even if the next game is again half movie/half game I would still be looking forward to it.

thizaum
Best Friend

Mar 11, '16, 11:41am

Yes! I'd definately give it a chance.

I don't think it's a matter of "deserving".

It's a matter of trusting what you've created and fixing the problems.

CallSignStarbucks
Producer

Mar 11, '16, 12:09pm

I totally think it does. Maybe not at Ready at Dawn though? It's an interesting world and concept and I think someone with more experience making console games would be better suited.

Had it come out on VITA, it probably would have been way better received.

paulchenprost
Best Friend
PSN: paulchenprost

Feb 12, '18, 6:40am

Just wanted to give a short shout out to this game.
Picked it up for ten bucks and Wow, what a value.
The graphics are still amazing, there are no load times (all hidden behind cutscenes) and the setting is unique and interesting.

If you have not played it - pick it up. for ten bucks it is a great purchase:)

Needless to say I think it deserves a sequel. Maybe unlikely but I would look forward to it kfglad

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Feb 12, '18, 7:29am

I’d buy a sequel probably. I didn’t dislike it as much as others, but I also didn’t find it to be great either. It was enjoyable enough. I’d hope that they’d make a more robust game with a sequel.

I’m pretty much in the mindset of if they made a sequel I’d buy it, if they didn’t it wouldn’t matter to me at all.

I’d say it DESERVES it if the the devs are committed to improving. If not then they shouldn’t waste their time or ours. Basing the "deserve" part on something like sales isn’t a fair route imo. A bad selling game isn’t always a bad game.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

paulchenprost
Best Friend

Feb 12, '18, 7:52am

I would like to see a sequel mainly because the setting is so unique.
Based on the idea that sequels in video games are usually better than the first game I think a sequel in this steam punk setting would be fun kfglad

BuffArms
Baller

Feb 12, '18, 9:13am

Any game that puts in a widescreen aspect ratio that doesnt match TVs doesnt deserve anything! Artsy fartsy has no business in AAA games!
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Feb 12, '18, 9:28am

BuffArms wrote:Any game that puts in a widescreen aspect ratio that doesnt match TVs doesnt deserve anything! Artsy fartsy has no business in AAA games!

Okay honestly, this is a very fair point. I hated that. I hated it in The Evil Within too.

So 10 points to Buffindor. portilloDismissed
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

paulchenprost
Best Friend

Feb 12, '18, 9:32am

oh shit. didn't really notice it at all. now it will be hard to ignore for the rest of the game. so...thank you for that NotLikeThis

why2bee
Unsung Hero
PSN: why2bee

Feb 13, '18, 5:38am

I still believe this game deserves a sequel. The story/setting was interesting and the game was beautiful. Game play needs some improvement and if it's calling itself a AAA game it needs to be longer. Seven hours w/ no replayability is not really a AAA game, I'm sorry.

KFlo
Unsung Hero
XBL: Brabinski
PSN: Brabinski

Feb 13, '18, 9:28am

why2bee wrote:I still believe this game deserves a sequel. The story/setting was interesting and the game was beautiful. Game play needs some improvement and if it's calling itself a AAA game it needs to be longer. Seven hours w/ no replayability is not really a AAA game, I'm sorry.

This.

Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard

Feb 13, '18, 10:12am

The more I think about it the more I don't know.

Because I don't really even know if there is an audience for it and the money that game would require would be expensive as fuck. I think the first game had such a bad reputation that it would hurt the success of the second game even if it was good. Now if the first game was good, then they did a second and it sucked then I could see like a third game being given a chance because it was already a proven IP at one point.

So I dunno. I mean I think a second game could be great It's just even if it was great I don't see it doing well.

Return to “PlayStation”