Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

PlayStation 4, Pro, VR | Master Thread

Jul 07, '17, 11:39am

The Sony Gods have smiled on me. I would never have upgraded to PS4 Pro if I had to pay for it out of pocket. Not because I couldn't afford it, but because I legitimately believed it's wasn't worth the money. But since I got tons of free store credit I decided to use part of it to upgrade to Pro. I've got to say, when the supersampling works it really works. I'm playing Overwatch on a 1080p screen and it looks like the PC version. And the disc install speed is insane compared to the original. It's practically instant!

Does anybody have a full list of PS4 Pro patched games? I want to take full advantage of the hardware.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

KindaMatt
Seducer
PSN: MattKZ11

Jul 07, '17, 11:58am

Raging Light wrote:The Sony Gods have smiled on me. I would never have upgraded to PS4 Pro if I had to pay for it out of pocket. Not because I couldn't afford it, but because I legitimately believed it's wasn't worth the money. But since I got tons of free store credit I decided to use part of it to upgrade to Pro. I've got to say, when the supersampling works it really works. I'm playing Overwatch on a 1080p screen and it looks like the PC version. And the disc install speed is insane compared to the original. It's practically instant!

Does anybody have a full list of PS4 Pro patched games? I want to take full advantage of the hardware.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to another forum, so sorry if I screwed up but I think it's the easiest way.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324251

In the first posts you'll find pretty much all the lists you can think of (including games taking advantage of the boost mode)

CinciBoiler
Baller
PSN: Izzyrules

Re: PlayStation Master Thread | PS4, Pro, VR

Jul 07, '17, 12:13pm

SonofMar wrote:Tried Ace Combat in VR, sold me hard on VR.

If there's any game that will sell me on VR, it'll probably be that.
Twitter: CinciBoiler
PSN: Izzyrules

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Jul 07, '17, 12:59pm

CinciBoiler wrote:
If there's any game that will sell me on VR, it'll probably be that.

I mean, I also tried Farpoint and really loved that too. But Ace was meant for VR. I was expecting to get sick and a headache but nope; only thing that I found was a I lost my bearings getting use to the unit (first game in VR, very different and new), so I accidentally forgot to keep track of my altitude and crashed into the ocean. Oops.

I do want to get RE7 once I get a VR unit and play it start to finish in VR, seems like a really unique and cool way to experience that game.

KindaMatt
Seducer

Re: PlayStation 4, Pro, VR | Master Thread

Jul 19, '17, 6:35am

There is an update incoming and when you sign up for the beta they ask you if you are subscribed to PS Now.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with being able to download the games, but who knows portilloShu

Valomek
Baller
PSN: Valomek

Jul 19, '17, 7:08am

KindaMatt wrote:There is an update incoming and when you sign up for the beta they ask you if you are subscribed to PS Now.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with being able to download the games, but who knows portilloShu

I swear to portilloShu if they add something related to PS Now in the new update, without having it out in Mainland Europe i'm going to send a angry mail to them ... Again NotLikeThis

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Jul 19, '17, 1:52pm

^Fair. It is really ridiculous that there is still no Mainland Europe PS Now.

KindaMatt
Seducer

Jul 19, '17, 2:31pm

Valomek wrote:
KindaMatt wrote:There is an update incoming and when you sign up for the beta they ask you if you are subscribed to PS Now.

I swear to portilloShu if they add something related to PS Now in the new update, without having it out in Mainland Europe i'm going to send a angry mail to them ... Again NotLikeThis

Didn't they announce something a couple of months ago about PS Now in Europe?

Anyway, apparently they removed the question about PS now FeelsBadMan

Valomek
Baller
PSN: Valomek

Jul 19, '17, 7:38pm

KindaMatt wrote:
Didn't they announce something a couple of months ago about PS Now in Europe?

Anyway, apparently they removed the question about PS now FeelsBadMan

Last update was that you could now no longer use some tV's for PsNow, the fact that PsNow have been in out for almost two years in Belgium, UK and the Netherlands, without any updates regarding the rest of Europe shows just how little PsNow matters to Sony.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Jul 22, '17, 10:39pm

SonofMar wrote:I do want to get RE7 once I get a VR unit and play it start to finish in VR, seems like a really unique and cool way to experience that game.

Even though I already beat it I'd love to go through it once more in VR, it seems like a great fit. Experiencing it for the first time will be really cool for you. It's one of those games I like to watch other people play through so I can see their reactions to things.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

Backwater1498@msn.com
Best Friend
PSN: WowJunkee

Aug 08, '17, 3:48pm

I had gotten lucky and got a PSVR day one from amazon, but sadly it was stolen out of my house while i was away visiting family. It was def interesting and i had fun with the little robots demo that came with it. Wish i had it still cause that dino-western game looks like a fun mash up.

BetoJR
Baller
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Aug 18, '17, 7:20am

Well, I finally managed to actually play around with a PS VR yesterday. At a Pizza Hut, no less! Played Batman: Arkham, Fruit Ninja, Robinson: The Journey, Job Simulator and tried not to shit my pants through the first five minutes of the demo of Resident Evil 7 (unsuccessfully, I might add). Had a crazy ol' time, my two kids laughed and played around with the kids' games - my boy is actually not even a little bit comfortable with flimsy 3D glasses, to the point that he won't wear them, when going to the movies; the fact that he asked to play with the clumsy gadget for an extended period of time speaks wonders of it, to my mind - and I'm actually pumped about the technology, again.

Now, am I going to go out of my way to buy it? Hell, no. I tried it for a long time and I wasn't able to. Now, I'm gonna wait for a revised version. Maybe without wires - or at least with less clutter, because there's a LOT of it.

It sure is fun, tho.

portilloShu

FallenVega8K
Unsung Hero

Feb 19, '18, 7:38am

Moss Finally got a release date of Next Tuesday. Will be the only game to get me off MHW

If you own a PSVR and do not buy this game SHAME on you as this is what we need on VR, a Solid game not the standard Experiences we are getting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=122&v=Hbsfgsncdzw

Return to “PlayStation”