Developer(s): Clever Beans and EPOS Game Studios
Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment

--- Overview ---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otsTMJytt9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9zf16mMF0M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCp2vSNdWBA

Game Description

Completely Remastered for PS4 and PS4 Pro
WipEout Omega Collection brings together all the content from WipEout HD, WipEout HD Fury and WipEout 2048, enhanced for PS4 and PS4 Pro.

We have been able to take advantage of the power and memory bandwidth of PS4 to rework all textures in the game. Compared to the original games, textures are now clear when viewed up close: you can even read some of the small text on the ships for the first time. As well as a host of improved graphical effects we have also added in HDR which massively improves contrast to what was seen before

WipEout Omega Collection will include 4K HDR support and feature higher resolution and improved graphical quality on PS4 Pro.The additional power of PS4 Pro allows us to render an incredible amount of detail at 4 times the resolution of PS4 and the extra detail this affords us really adds to the gameplay experience, by making it more immersive for the player.

► Show Spoiler

--- Reviews ---
Games Radar - 9.0 / 10.0
Gamespot - 9.0 / 10.0
Playstation Lifestyle - 9.0 / 10.0
Trusted Reviews - 8.0 / 10.0
Dual Shockers - 7.5 / 10.0
Destructoid - In Progress / 10.0
Eurogamer - Recommended

--- Links ---
Soundtrack
Learn More

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Re: WipEout Omega Collection

May 04, '17, 11:07am

The one thing I'm wondering is if all the content is together or separated. Like, do I get a main menu where I pick which game I want to play, or is everything just put together in one neat package?

Valomek
Baller
PSN: Valomek

May 04, '17, 11:18am

touchfuzzy wrote:The one thing I'm wondering is if all the content is together or separated. Like, do I get a main menu where I pick which game I want to play, or is everything just put together in one neat package?

I would hope, they learned a thing from Konami, and give you a menu where you pick which of the games, you want to play.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

May 04, '17, 11:33am

touchfuzzy wrote:The one thing I'm wondering is if all the content is together or separated. Like, do I get a main menu where I pick which game I want to play, or is everything just put together in one neat package?

Like what Valo said, I think it'll have as screen along the lines of the Remasters on the PS3. A Main page with all three, you pick which one you want to play, then it takes you into that specific game.

danman31
Seducer

May 04, '17, 12:00pm

I enjoy Wipeout, but I already have all the content that's going to be in it. This might be something I get on a sale at some point. The price point ($40) seems a bit high for revamped content. Wipeout HD launched at $20 after all.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

May 04, '17, 12:08pm

danman31 wrote:I enjoy Wipeout, but I already have all the content that's going to be in it. This might be something I get on a sale at some point. The price point ($40) seems a bit high for revamped content. Wipeout HD launched at $20 after all.

I use to have them all myself, but I used them to trade up at a Gamestop. Oops. I can dig the price point myself, mainly since it is three games in one that are all being updated and whatnot. I do wonder if there will be new additional content added, like potentially new vehicle choices.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

May 07, '17, 8:23am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9mf1DBwr2o

Uggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I want this so badly. Looks so cool. Too bad it wasn't painted though. But I guess maybe that is actually a benefit; you could technically paint it yourself in whatever style and color scheme you want.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

May 12, '17, 8:26pm

Also, I guess the UK is getting a special Physical option edition. And I am jealous. I love the throwback look, even though I wish it harkened the original PS1 cover a bit more with the blueprint style.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jun 07, '17, 12:02am

So yeah, this game is awesome. I love how it is laid out in terms of the three games, and the visuals are insane. The music is still everything I loved about the older games, and it's just as fun and engaging, as well as being a great example of "just one more before I have to crash so I am not a zombie for work". Overall, I absolutely love this thing. Really my only gripes are missing features that I hope get added at some point, such as potentially VR intergration of some sort like Rez, and the soundtrack could have used a bit more variety in it's style (but damnit if Shake It isn't an awesome theme.)

I truly hope this does well, because an actual new Wipeout game would be insane to play for me. This was one of my earlier introductions to a "racing" game, and I fell head over heels for this series. So I hope it gains traction and proves that, in the least, a Zeta collection is earned with remasters of Fusion, Pure, and Pulse.

Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard

Jun 07, '17, 9:49am

Looks like we finally have a F-Zero.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jun 07, '17, 2:56pm

Jay wrote:Looks like we finally have a F-Zero.

F-Zero was always a franchise I looked at in passing and meant to try out, but never did. I know a lot of people that liked it more than Wipeout, so I should eventually find a version of it and try it out.

JRV
Baller

Jun 08, '17, 4:50pm

I found this a interesting read so I figured I share the link, it is about how Wipeout came about

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/06 ... -was-born/

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jun 09, '17, 3:22pm

JRV wrote:I found this a interesting read so I figured I share the link, it is about how Wipeout came about

Awesome read, thanks for posting!

Aaron Losty
Best Friend
PSN: baronvonlosty

Jun 12, '17, 8:05am

JRV wrote:I found this a interesting read so I figured I share the link, it is about how Wipeout came about

That was a smashing read. Great stuff :)
Twitter: @AaronLosty

Instagram: @LostyWorks

PS: BaronVonLosty

I write/draw comics.

Amidst a starting a life crisis.

stratogustav
Baller
Position/Title: Contributor at CGR
XBL: stratogustav
PSN: stratogustav
Steam: stratogustav

Jun 12, '17, 10:40am

Is the plat as tough as the PS3 one? The plat on the PS3 was one of those only elite players could get. I wonder if this one is more accessible.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jun 12, '17, 11:38am

stratogustav wrote:Is the plat as tough as the PS3 one? The plat on the PS3 was one of those only elite players could get. I wonder if this one is more accessible.

Personally it looks a little nicer and easier, but still looks tough. For instance, there is still the online win and play trophies but there are only a couple of them. Seems most of the trophies come from mainly just playing. That said, I honestly don't know for sure how hard it will be. I hope a trophy guide will come out and help out portilloShu

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jan 07, '18, 12:13pm

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/08/blast-through-wipeout-omega-collection-in-ps-vr-with-free-update/

And this isn’t a separate slice of gameplay: you can race in every track, across every game mode, off or online, with this free PS VR update.

Super late on this update, but mannnn this is such an awesome update. Plus there is a ton extra stuff added; new ships, cockpit view, 3D audio, and some other new stuff. I really hope this one sold well, I had a blast playing it and should get around to it again. Makes me hopeful that Sony is realizing their PS1 library is filled to the brim of potential franchises that could have a huge resurgence.

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam: The_Redback

Jan 07, '18, 1:15pm

SonofMar wrote:Super late on this update, but mannnn this is such an awesome update. Plus there is a ton extra stuff added; new ships, cockpit view, 3D audio, and some other new stuff. I really hope this one sold well, I had a blast playing it and should get around to it again. Makes me hopeful that Sony is realizing their PS1 library is filled to the brim of potential franchises that could have a huge resurgence.

Its weird that out of all the games available for PSVR it is this one that has me the closest to purchasing the VR headset.
Steam: The_Redback
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
PSN: Phesath
Twitter: @The_Redback
Youtube: (Sometimes I livestream games here)

channelocho
Producer
XBL: Channelocho86
PSN: ChannelOcho

Jan 07, '18, 7:12pm

The_Redback wrote:
SonofMar wrote:Super late on this update, but mannnn this is such an awesome update. Plus there is a ton extra stuff added; new ships, cockpit view, 3D audio, and some other new stuff. I really hope this one sold well, I had a blast playing it and should get around to it again. Makes me hopeful that Sony is realizing their PS1 library is filled to the brim of potential franchises that could have a huge resurgence.

Its weird that out of all the games available for PSVR it is this one that has me the closest to purchasing the VR headset.

I would be so happy to try wipeout in VR, but I would guess the type of movement in the game would cause me to get a bit of motion sickness.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jan 10, '18, 3:07pm

The more I keep thinking about VR (I would have bought one if Farpoint had a bundle with the new HDR model, but there was not).

It's crazy how many games are getting VR additions, but I love it. Thankfully it appears Sony isn't dropping their support any time soon.

Return to “PlayStation”