User avatar
why2bee
Unsung Hero
Posts: 193
Joined: Dec 16, '15, 6:39am
Location: Grove City, PA
PSN: why2bee
Contact: Twitter Twitch

Revive a Playstation Title

Aug 09, '17, 6:38am

SonofMar wrote:
Valomek wrote:The things i would do, to get a new Zone of the Enders game is crazy, but it will never happend so why even dream about it FeelsBadMan


I still hold hope that one day, Konami will at least licence out their IP's to be continued by others. That way they could still technically do their Panchiko machine crap, but also make money off the licencing. Problem there, however, is I don't know if Sony would be ballsy enough to buy the licence to try another Zone. Probably MGS and Castlevania, but unsure on Zone. FeelsBadMan




Suikoden please. Konami is just letting this gem of a bygone era sit on the shelf. I think it plays too because of the castle/community building aspect could be killer with today's climate.


The other franchise I'd love to see revived, given that I've been playing the remasters lately on Vita is Sly Cooper. With Crash's success, and the success of Ratchet last year I think there is a market for these games.
Image

User avatar
Wildblood
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2341
Joined: May 23, '15, 3:46am
Location: Europe
PSN: Danaxus82

Revive a Playstation Title

Aug 09, '17, 7:05am

why2bee wrote:
SonofMar wrote:
Valomek wrote:MOAR SUIKODEN!!!

SUIKODEN!

Suikoden please..

The first two games rank among my favourite RPGs of all time...*sigh*
Goddamnit Konami!

Anyway, for this thread I'll throw in two games I adored, but are a little off the beaten path.
Brigandine or Vandal Hearts.
Image
Image

User avatar
Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3473
Joined: May 26, '15, 11:45am
Location: Knox, TN
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone
Contact: Website Facebook Twitter

Re: Revive a Playstation Title

Aug 09, '17, 10:50am

Suikoden
We don’t go balls to the wall, we go nuts to butts.

User avatar
Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3136
Joined: Jan 14, '16, 3:25pm
Location: HEAVEN, Rengkok
PSN: XDaimyo
Contact: Website

Revive a Playstation Title

Aug 09, '17, 11:25am

Shadow Of The Colossus.

Maximo Ghosts To Glory.
Image

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."
.

User avatar
Chaz
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 2779
Joined: Jun 23, '15, 6:19am
Location: Cartersville, VA
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Revive a Playstation Title

Aug 09, '17, 11:28am

Raging Light wrote:Shadow Of The Colossus.

Maximo Ghosts To Glory.


I played one of the Maximo games. It was pretty fun.
Image
Image

User avatar
sillyVTgirl
Pure One
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 30, '17, 8:52pm
Location: Vermont, USA
PSN: silly_VT_girl
Contact: Website

Re: Revive a Playstation Title

Aug 09, '17, 11:30am

Jax & Daxter
Image
kflove HeavyBreathing HeavyBreathing HeavyBreathing KFBF

User avatar
SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1445
Joined: Aug 23, '16, 10:42am
PSN: SonofMar
Contact: Twitch

Re: Revive a Playstation Title

Aug 09, '17, 12:51pm

tejotl wrote:Remake first and second Tenchu - I'm not happy that stealth genre is represented mostly by 2d indie titles


I remember playing a Tenchu game on the 360 I think. Never got much into that franchise though.
why2bee wrote:Suikoden please. Konami is just letting this gem of a bygone era sit on the shelf. I think it plays too because of the castle/community building aspect could be killer with today's climate.
The other franchise I'd love to see revived, given that I've been playing the remasters lately on Vita is Sly Cooper. With Crash's success, and the success of Ratchet last year I think there is a market for these games.


Yeah, Konami is just being very weird. They make so little sense to me with what they could do for money, yet are almost avoiding making lots of money just to be, what arrogant? Stubborn? No idea.

I think Sly has to be in the works on some level, whether a full sequel to 4 by Sanzaru, or a full on reboot. But I believe for sure there is one in the makings, in fact if we were to start predicting for PSX I would make that one of my three all in crazy picks.

sillyVTgirl wrote:Jax & Daxter

Along with Sly, I think that the collection that is coming to the PS2 on PS4 has to be a signal that there might be something new for the Jak series soon, especially with fans asking for a reboot or return of some sort.

Chaz wrote:
Raging Light wrote:Shadow Of The Colossus.

Maximo Ghosts To Glory.


I played one of the Maximo games. It was pretty fun.

Maximo! I still have hope that the first one will show up on the PS2 on PS4 lineup eventually.
Image

User avatar
MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2689
Joined: Jun 03, '15, 5:38pm
Location: Northern California
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson
Contact: Website Twitter Twitch

Re: Revive a Playstation Title

Aug 09, '17, 2:20pm

SonofMar wrote:
why2bee wrote:Suikoden please. Konami is just letting this gem of a bygone era sit on the shelf. I think it plays too because of the castle/community building aspect could be killer with today's climate.
The other franchise I'd love to see revived, given that I've been playing the remasters lately on Vita is Sly Cooper. With Crash's success, and the success of Ratchet last year I think there is a market for these games.

I think Sly has to be in the works on some level, whether a full sequel to 4 by Sanzaru, or a full on reboot. But I believe for sure there is one in the makings, in fact if we were to start predicting for PSX I would make that one of my three all in crazy picks.

Is that Sly Cooper movie still in production, or did the poor performance of the Ratchet & Clank movie cause that project to get cancelled? I ask because if that movie is still coming, then the odds of a Sly game coming around the same time seems pretty likely. Even if the movie did get shelved, you'd imagine work on a Sly game would have already started, so we might end up getting that game anyway.
Image

User avatar
SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1445
Joined: Aug 23, '16, 10:42am
PSN: SonofMar
Contact: Twitch

Re: Revive a Playstation Title

Aug 09, '17, 2:52pm

MannySJ wrote:Is that Sly Cooper movie still in production, or did the poor performance of the Ratchet & Clank movie cause that project to get cancelled? I ask because if that movie is still coming, then the odds of a Sly game coming around the same time seems pretty likely. Even if the movie did get shelved, you'd imagine work on a Sly game would have already started, so we might end up getting that game anyway.


Very good question that I have no idea. I would assume no, and that it has been either quietly dropped, or went into deep revision work. Checked the main SC website, still advertises for 2016 release. Rainmaker studios also no longer lists it as in production with them. But honestly, might be for the best. I always thought that those IP's should be done in-house as animated shows as PS Plus offerings kinda like what Powers was, but obviously would probably get more traction if done right.

My thoughts exactly; the Ratchet and Clank game did so well, you'd think in the least there has to be an announcement for Sly at PSX this year for next year (especially since the Ratchet and Clank sequel will be a little ways away potentially and Jak and Daxter I have no idea where that could be at).
Image

User avatar
MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2689
Joined: Jun 03, '15, 5:38pm
Location: Northern California
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson
Contact: Website Twitter Twitch

Re: Revive a Playstation Title

Aug 09, '17, 3:15pm

SonofMar wrote:
MannySJ wrote:Is that Sly Cooper movie still in production, or did the poor performance of the Ratchet & Clank movie cause that project to get cancelled? I ask because if that movie is still coming, then the odds of a Sly game coming around the same time seems pretty likely. Even if the movie did get shelved, you'd imagine work on a Sly game would have already started, so we might end up getting that game anyway.


Very good question that I have no idea. I would assume no, and that it has been either quietly dropped, or went into deep revision work. Checked the main SC website, still advertises for 2016 release. Rainmaker studios also no longer lists it as in production with them. But honestly, might be for the best. I always thought that those IP's should be done in-house as animated shows as PS Plus offerings kinda like what Powers was, but obviously would probably get more traction if done right.

My thoughts exactly; the Ratchet and Clank game did so well, you'd think in the least there has to be an announcement for Sly at PSX this year for next year (especially since the Ratchet and Clank sequel will be a little ways away potentially and Jak and Daxter I have no idea where that could be at).

I preodered Uncharted: The Lost Legacy simply because it comes with a free copy of Jak & Daxter, playable on PS4. Seems to me like a way for Sony to plant the seeds for a revival.
Image

User avatar
SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1445
Joined: Aug 23, '16, 10:42am
PSN: SonofMar
Contact: Twitch

Re: Revive a Playstation Title

Aug 09, '17, 4:00pm

MannySJ wrote:I preodered Uncharted: The Lost Legacy simply because it comes with a free copy of Jak & Daxter, playable on PS4. Seems to me like a way for Sony to plant the seeds for a revival.


THAT'S RIGHT! I got the Explorers pack back when it was available with the additional expansion before it became a stand alone. And I am pretty sure while I will get TLL for free since I got that pack, I won't get Jak and Daxter as well. But once it's pre-order-able, for sure doing that bad boy. portilloShu
Image

User avatar
SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1445
Joined: Aug 23, '16, 10:42am
PSN: SonofMar
Contact: Twitch

Re: Revive a Playstation Title

Jan 07, '18, 12:28pm

So with Medievil getting the next nod in line to getting a revive (fitting for Sir Dan), and with Wipeout and plenty of other revives seeing solid sales, what's next?

My thinking is Colony Wars is ripe for a return, especially with VR seemingly being doubled down on by Sony based on my view of PSX and the end of 2017. Plus COULD YOU IMAGINE THIS IN 4K AT 60FPS?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLlwfYwKBm0

I mean common! portilloYell

Besides that, SOCOM is still one I want to be alive and well, I just don't know in what way. Should it evolve and take some ideas and influences from MGS V and PUBG and Wildlands? Should it remain just an updated functioning version of itself? For now, I think the best route is do full remakes of the original 3 akin to Wipeout, then go from there. Get Bluepoint to do it portilloShu

Lastly, Legacy of Kain. While I would love to see Spyro return, I am not aching for a new Spyro as much as a either a restart or a remake of Soul Reaver and/or Blood Omen. Because those were some of the best written and story driven games from that era, my god.
Image

User avatar
Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3136
Joined: Jan 14, '16, 3:25pm
Location: HEAVEN, Rengkok
PSN: XDaimyo
Contact: Website

Revive a Playstation Title

Jan 07, '18, 1:34pm

Image

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."
.

User avatar
ValkyrieX
Unsung Hero
Posts: 172
Joined: May 17, '15, 7:16pm
Location: East Coast
PSN: ValkyrieX

Re: Revive a Playstation Title

Jan 10, '18, 3:43pm

Just give me a remastered version of Xenogears on PS4 and I'll be happy.
Image

User avatar
SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1445
Joined: Aug 23, '16, 10:42am
PSN: SonofMar
Contact: Twitch

Re: Revive a Playstation Title

Jan 11, '18, 5:38am

ValkyrieX wrote:Just give me a remastered version of Xenogears on PS4 and I'll be happy.


Man Xenogears was awesome, shame we haven't seen that returned to the fold yet. But then again, I would have figured a Freedom Wars 2 would have been a thing by this point, so I am not a great source for guesses like that NickNasty
Image

User avatar
SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1445
Joined: Aug 23, '16, 10:42am
PSN: SonofMar
Contact: Twitch

Re: Revive a Playstation Title

Jan 12, '18, 10:42am

Also, what are the chances of a Legacy of Kain reboot or remake or something like that now that Amy Henning's Crystal Dynamics/EA Star Wars project is done? My hope is she goes back to what was her baby back in the day, plus Soul Reaver remade including the left out material/areas and abilities would be siiicckkkk.
Image

Return to “PlayStation”