SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Everybody's Golf - Anybody getting it?

Aug 27, '17, 3:37pm

So I never got into the Hotshots Golf series (same with Mod Nation, RIP).

Regardless, I have heard the Hotshots Golf series is fun, and Everybody's Golf interests me to an extent. Anybody picking this bad boy up on the 29th?

gwnner
Shadow Boxer

Aug 27, '17, 5:09pm

I've already got it (it was delivered 5 days early!)

I loved Everybody's Golf on Vita and this is more of the same. It's a fun, pick up and play sports game. I recommend it.

channelocho
Producer
XBL: Channelocho86
PSN: ChannelOcho

Re: Everybody's Golf - Anybody getting it?

Aug 27, '17, 7:33pm

I'll be picking it up. Hearing Greg talk about it made me look into it and it looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Aug 28, '17, 6:00am

I'm getting it but not until the 31st. It will be a fun game I can pick up and play when I have 30 minutes before bed and lnowni won't make any progress in Yakuza 0

Valomek
Baller
PSN: Valomek

Aug 28, '17, 6:04am

Chaz wrote:I'm getting it but not until the 31st. It will be a fun game I can pick up and play when I have 30 minutes before bed and lnowni won't make any progress in Yakuza 0

$10 on you not getting the game done, before we see yakuza 6 in the West.

dado88
Best Friend

Aug 29, '17, 2:20am

I'm still in doubt. Never played a golf game seriously, most of them are too serious for me. This one looks like fun and I always like RPG elements.
The positive reviews/impressions are also helping to convince me. The timing is just terrible for me, with Destiny 2, Pillars of Eternity in the coming days..

I would mostly play it for the local multiplayer. Does anyone have experience with this, how long are the turns, is it a fun 'partygame'?

gwnner
Shadow Boxer

Aug 29, '17, 5:52am

dado88 wrote:I'm still in doubt. Never played a golf game seriously, most of them are too serious for me. This one looks like fun and I always like RPG elements.
The positive reviews/impressions are also helping to convince me. The timing is just terrible for me, with Destiny 2, Pillars of Eternity in the coming days..

I would mostly play it for the local multiplayer. Does anyone have experience with this, how long are the turns, is it a fun 'partygame'?

I've no experience with local MP, but this isn't a serious game at all. It has a very light hearted tone. It can be competitive if you like but for me it's just a lot of fun.

And you can set certain conditions like having to take shots within 15 seconds so you can keep things moving along quickly if that worries you.

A7X458
Seducer

Aug 29, '17, 12:57pm

Can someone explain to me the power-control-backspin-back door skill thing?
PSN: A7X458
Xbox Live:A7X458
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

gwnner
Shadow Boxer

Aug 29, '17, 1:48pm

A7X458 wrote:Can someone explain to me the power-control-backspin-back door skill thing?

These are upgrades to your clubs. When you use a club and meet the following criteria you will improve that club's stats. It's like an RPG levelling system for your clubs.

Power: when you hit full power shots with any club you'll get XP. When you level up the max distance of your club will improve.
Control. When you hit a wood or iron shot close to the pin (I think it's within 10 feet) you'll get XP. When you level up the impact zone will become a bigger/easier thing to get right.
Backspin: when you hit down on the d-pad to get backspin on the ball you get XP, you, level up, it becomes more effective
Back door: When you hole out from further than (I think) 15ft with any club, you get XP that improves the backdoor. Improving backdoor level means that if you hit the edge of the hole the ball becomes more likely to drop in than stay out.

Hope that helps!

A7X458
Seducer

Aug 29, '17, 1:57pm

gwnner wrote:
A7X458 wrote:Can someone explain to me the power-control-backspin-back door skill thing?

These are upgrades to your clubs. When you use a club and meet the following criteria you will improve that club's stats. It's like an RPG levelling system for your clubs.

Power: when you hit full power shots with any club you'll get XP. When you level up the max distance of your club will improve.
Control. When you hit a wood or iron shot close to the pin (I think it's within 10 feet) you'll get XP. When you level up the impact zone will become a bigger/easier thing to get right.
Backspin: when you hit down on the d-pad to get backspin on the ball you get XP, you, level up, it becomes more effective
Back door: When you hole out from further than (I think) 15ft with any club, you get XP that improves the backdoor. Improving backdoor level means that if you hit the edge of the hole the ball becomes more likely to drop in than stay out.

Hope that helps!

Ya thanks alot you're the man.
PSN: A7X458
Xbox Live:A7X458
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Aug 29, '17, 2:00pm

I'm waiting for Winter sales...either the PS store of best buy is going to have it for 20 bucks before Christmas

channelocho
Producer
XBL: Channelocho86
PSN: ChannelOcho

Aug 31, '17, 9:49pm

Got my first hole in one earlier today, I was pretty excited. I am enjoying the game far more than I thought I would.

The_Redback
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam: The_Redback

Aug 31, '17, 9:59pm

Golf. Hate it in real life, love it in video games. I am leaning more and more towards getting this one.
Steam: The_Redback
Battle.net: TheRedback#6129
PSN: Phesath
Twitter: @The_Redback
Youtube: (Sometimes I livestream games here)

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Sep 01, '17, 12:05pm

So far, this sounds like something I should at least try out. Sounds like a fun time and nothing serious at all. I like that.

GregB
Baller

Sep 04, '17, 9:04am

Bought it to play over the long weekend, and it's one of the most pure fun games I've played in a while. I love it. I messed around a little with the Hot Shots Golf on the Vita, but this is really grabbing me a lot more.

Hestefesten
Pure One

Sep 05, '17, 11:09am

I'd like to get it at some point, but I'll probably wait for a sale, since I'm not sure that I'll like it.

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Sep 05, '17, 12:30pm

Alright, so how fun do you think this game would be for someone who has next to no experience with golfing games? This game looks fun and enticing, but I feel like I would suck at it. It's more arcade-y than sim, but still. The last golf game I really played was Sid Meier's Sim Golf (which was a great game by the way).

gwnner
Shadow Boxer

Sep 05, '17, 1:01pm

nicktorious_BLT wrote:Alright, so how fun do you think this game would be for someone who has next to no experience with golfing games? This game looks fun and enticing, but I feel like I would suck at it. It's more arcade-y than sim, but still. The last golf game I really played was Sid Meier's Sim Golf (which was a great game by the way).

Some will be better than others but I don't think it's possible to suck at this game.

Spn3
Pure One
PSN: Spn3
Steam: Spn3

Sep 06, '17, 9:44am

I picked it up yesterday and have enjoyed it so far - if anyone wants to play add me on PSN: Spn3

russdyer
Best Friend
PSN: russdyer77
Steam: russdyer77

Sep 08, '17, 1:52pm

Have anybody tried Everybody's Golf over remote play to the Vita? How's the control scheme?

Return to “PlayStation”