HavokX
Shadow Boxer
PSN: Havok83

Sony sending out PSVR units to select Plus members to try

Dec 01, '17, 3:08pm

Anyone else get this email? I reserved my copy and Sony is sending me the PS VR to use for 2 weeks

channelocho
Producer
XBL: Channelocho86
PSN: ChannelOcho

Re: Sony sending out PSVR units to select Plus members to try

Dec 01, '17, 3:20pm

I didn''t receive it, but it would be cool to try and see how it would work in the space that I have, as that has always been my concern.

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Dec 01, '17, 3:34pm

Huh...I would have to check my email.

We already have one at my parent's house so I wouldn't necessarily need to take advantage of such a service but that's pretty great for those that haven't tried the system yet.

They better clean those things well after the units are sent back though. OMGScoots

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Dec 01, '17, 3:38pm

Yeah I didn't get anything.

Must be real fuckin nice though. ColinSure ColinSure ColinSure

Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Dec 01, '17, 4:56pm

I signed up for it just so I can say I tried it and it was ok but not worth the price...I mean it could prove me wrong but I've done VR before and was like yep...its what I thought it would be but maybe games will prove me wrong

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Dec 04, '17, 12:23pm

I got the email, but was informed that they had run out of trial units. I was very sad.

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

Dec 04, '17, 3:56pm

MannySJ wrote:I got the email, but was informed that they had run out of trial units. I was very sad.

IT ran out within a few hours which is insane

theindieboy
Producer
PSN: theindieboy

Dec 05, '17, 2:06am

JerrodDRagon wrote:
MannySJ wrote:I got the email, but was informed that they had run out of trial units. I was very sad.

Does not suprise me expect for a lot of people they have not had the oppertunity to try, i expect once you get it in your home will change your mind i think PSVR is well worth it. This is a genuis idea really wonder what the take up will be to keep the units at the end of the trial, i expect it would be higher than most would think.

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

Dec 05, '17, 8:50am

theindieboy wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:

Does not suprise me expect for a lot of people they have not had the oppertunity to try, i expect once you get it in your home will change your mind i think PSVR is well worth it. This is a genuis idea really wonder what the take up will be to keep the units at the end of the trial, i expect it would be higher than most would think.

I'm open-minded but I just don't think I'll play it after the two weeks, seems like something I want to rent every now and then but I rather get a 4k TV over VR but hey if this thing blows me away I'll keep it

theindieboy
Producer

Dec 06, '17, 3:06am

JerrodDRagon wrote:
I'm open-minded but I just don't think I'll play it after the two weeks, seems like something I want to rent every now and then but I rather get a 4k TV over VR but hey if this thing blows me away I'll keep it

Keep us updated will be intested to see, don't forget you also have until dawn rush of blood from ps+ that game is amazing make sure to purchase it now wo have it.

vitzpatel
Baller
PSN: vitz1985

Dec 06, '17, 5:47am

If this scheme was trialled in the UK, I'd be all over it.

I've only ever tried out PSVR once, in a store, and I'm pretty sure the lens wasn't cleaned properly as there was a smudge mark. Plus you're in a store with people in line constantly talking to you.

Would love to try it in the comfort of my setup, see what it's really like in cinema mode etc.
psn: vitz1985 | twitter: @vitzpatel | random ramblings: @vitzpatel on Medium

BetoJR
Baller
PSN: BetoJR_FOR

Dec 06, '17, 7:05am

Jeez, I'd like to get one. portilloPure1

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

Dec 06, '17, 9:15am

theindieboy wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:

Keep us updated will be intested to see, don't forget you also have until dawn rush of blood from ps+ that game is amazing make sure to purchase it now wo have it.

My goal is to beat Rush of Blood and Batman (renting) in my time but I'm also going to try Skyrim and Riggs and some of the demos

Also I'm going to have my friends try it as well

theindieboy
Producer

Jan 02, '18, 3:57am

JerrodDRagon wrote:
theindieboy wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:

My goal is to beat Rush of Blood and Batman (renting) in my time but I'm also going to try Skyrim and Riggs and some of the demos

Also I'm going to have my friends try it as well

How did it go or has it not happened yet?

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

Jan 03, '18, 9:04am

theindieboy wrote:
How did it go or has it not happened yet?

I played a little more but none of the game or things I tried grabbed me. So I went onto playing games like Knight of the Old Republic and Mass Effect 2 and then Bio Shock.

As of now its just not for me its cool but its mainly what I expected and just not the way I'd rather play games at least for now. If people enjoy it good for them but....I just hate seeing games go exclusive on it when you could just make them motion games on PS4

timoflegends
Best Friend

Jan 04, '18, 7:19pm

I maybe the minority, but i don't really want virtual reality for long periods, or really at all personally. I get the appeal it's neat and an interesting experience but as someone who feels disconnected enough from the world at times. I don't need a screen 2 inches from my face to make it worse.

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

Jan 05, '18, 9:19am

timoflegends wrote:I maybe the minority, but i don't really want virtual reality for long periods, or really at all personally. I get the appeal it's neat and an interesting experience but as someone who feels disconnected enough from the world at times. I don't need a screen 2 inches from my face to make it worse.

Greg and Colin both said they dont like gaming on VR for over an hour...think most people are the same (note someone will disagree with this and calm that means all PS VR people love using it for hours on end)

BetoJR
Baller

Jan 05, '18, 9:29am

JerrodDRagon wrote:Greg and Colin both said they dont like gaming on VR for over an hour...think most people are the same (note someone will disagree with this and calm that means all PS VR people love using it for hours on end)

I dunno, the KF guys are putting out a whole new show about PS VR, man... Does that not mean their "spark" has reignited?

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

Jan 05, '18, 11:22am

BetoJR wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:Greg and Colin both said they dont like gaming on VR for over an hour...think most people are the same (note someone will disagree with this and calm that means all PS VR people love using it for hours on end)

I dunno, the KF guys are putting out a whole new show about PS VR, man... Does that not mean their "spark" has reignited?

I never said they didnt like it just saying Greg and Colin said it was a fun thing to do for an hour not beat Skyrim in

BetoJR
Baller

Jan 05, '18, 11:46am

JerrodDRagon wrote:I never said they didnt like it just saying Greg and Colin said it was a fun thing to do for an hour not beat Skyrim in

And that's my counterpoint: I have absolutely no idea what Colin thinks, now, but the KF guys seem to have come around, again, since they're going to put out a new show about the gizmo. But, maybe I'm wrong. I dunno.

Return to “PlayStation”