Valomek
Baller
PSN: Valomek

PlayStation Vita | Master Thread - I did it

Jan 06, '17, 2:35pm

BetoJR wrote:
Valomek wrote:As long he pays the bill at the Vita Island hotel, he can stay ... When he can't pay anymore, he needs to leave or die by the hands of PortyDumb

Ah, okay... He can stay at the Hotel. Fine. I guess.

:kinda

Let us be honest, we need all the money we can get on Vita Island.

Feralchemy
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: Bearhardt

Re: PlayStation Vita | Master Thread

Jan 06, '17, 7:59pm

Hey Vita fans! I'm super new to the Kinda Funny site but I've been a lurker/fan of the PS I Love You podcast for a while... I'm a recent returner to the PS Nation from Xboxland via the PS4 and today I finally got myself a replacement Vita after a very, very long time. It's a great refurbished model of the Slim (I know... I think it's nice though. I'm so colorblind I probably won't notice the difference) and I got it for a good price... But forgot all about the memory card.

The prices on the mem cards are still... Uh... Kinda nutso though. Again, apologies if this isn't the right place to ask, but I'm curious if anyone has any good mem card acquisition tips. Are there any PS Vita ambassadors out there with cards to spare? Are there places where you can get a good deal? Any tips are appreciated.

Much love!

PixelKnight
Best Friend
PSN: YumeKnight
NNID: Trackrise
Steam: Pixelknight

PlayStation Vita | Master Thread - I did it

Jan 06, '17, 8:49pm

Valomek wrote:
PixelKnight wrote:On a final note, Persona 4, both Dancing All Night and Golden, absolutely amazing, I have never fallen in love with a franchise so quickly in my life, characters becoming like family, like friends, its wonderful. I am late to the game, but this console is definitely coming back to college with me.
Just wanted to share that. Thank you!

First off welcome to the Vita Island.

I know this is a thread about the Vita, but since you still have the 3DS and you like Persona 4. May I suggest you take a look at Persona Q on the 3DS, since you play with both the characters from Persona 3 and Persona 4.

A good game in its own right.

I actually have been looking at Persona Q, although I am not the biggest fan of first person dungeon crawling, if i can get the collectors edition for cheap I will definitely be picking it up.

skzyp
Unsung Hero
XBL: skzyp
PSN: skzypmd
Steam: skzyp

PlayStation Vita | Master Thread

Jan 10, '17, 7:10pm

Hey best friends! I used to be on Vita island and then I came upon hard times and in a stupid decision I sold my Vita two years ago.

I've had a 3ds and realized that I have no interest in Nintendo titles and never pick it up to play. I just traded in my 3ds xl and repurchased a Vita.

I have never been happier. I've got a 32gb card, still have my old Little Big Planet zip case for it and redownloaded a whole bunch of titles and got a few new ones. After trading in my weird trivia games, my 3ds system and using a few coupons I was left with enough credit to get the vita, a 32gb card AND $40 worth of PSN credit. I was extremly happy.

So the games I've downloaded are the following:

1) Hitman GO
2) Star Wars Pinball
3) Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
4) Theme Hospital (PS One classic from my childhood)
5) Resogun
6) Taco Master
7) Plants Vs Zombies
8) Zen Pinball
9) Frobisher Says
10) Hotline Miami
11) Flow
12) Flower
13) Unfinished Swan
14) Letter Quest
15) Grim Fandango
16) Thomas Was Alone
17) Jet Set Radio
18) Knobswitch
19) Race the Sun
20) Severed

And the only ones I paid for this time around was Severed and Knobswitch. Thank goodness for PS+ and digital libraries saving old game purchases. I've transferred some images and customized by VIta and now all I have left on my wishlist is a custom skin I plan to purchase this Friday.

Any other must haves I should get? It's so hard to find accessories like a charge dock for the Vita Slim. Just wanted to share with everyone how excited I am to have finally arrived back at Vita Island.

YAY!!!!! portilloNick

Stokes636
Portillo's Mouth Noises
Position/Title: Game Developer at MSU
XBL: RamboMan636
PSN: RamboMan636

Jan 10, '17, 7:26pm

skzyp wrote:Hey best friends! I used to be on Vita island and then I came upon hard times and in a stupid decision I sold my Vita two years ago.

I've had a 3ds and realized that I have no interest in Nintendo titles and never pick it up to play. I just traded in my 3ds xl and repurchased a Vita.

I have never been happier. I've got a 32gb card, still have my old Little Big Planet zip case for it and redownloaded a whole bunch of titles and got a few new ones. After trading in my weird trivia games, my 3ds system and using a few coupons I was left with enough credit to get the vita, a 32gb card AND $40 worth of PSN credit. I was extremly happy.

So the games I've downloaded are the following:

1) Hitman GO
2) Star Wars Pinball
3) Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
4) Theme Hospital (PS One classic from my childhood)
5) Resogun
6) Taco Master
7) Plants Vs Zombies
8) Zen Pinball
9) Frobisher Says
10) Hotline Miami
11) Flow
12) Flower
13) Unfinished Swan
14) Letter Quest
15) Grim Fandango
16) Thomas Was Alone
17) Jet Set Radio
18) Knobswitch
19) Race the Sun
20) Severed

And the only ones I paid for this time around was Severed and Knobswitch. Thank goodness for PS+ and digital libraries saving old game purchases. I've transferred some images and customized by VIta and now all I have left on my wishlist is a custom skin I plan to purchase this Friday.

Any other must haves I should get? It's so hard to find accessories like a charge dock for the Vita Slim. Just wanted to share with everyone how excited I am to have finally arrived back at Vita Island.

YAY!!!!! portilloNick

Hey skzyp,

I recently switched back to Vita after a long break from the system. Your list is quite nearing completion it seems, but the games I have that you may be missing out on are any of the Lego games. I have Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Lego Batman 3 - I highly recommend both of them. Being that there are many to choose from, I think there is one out there you may enjoy. But, you may want to play some of the games you have first, before growing your collection by a Lego block or two.

Happy Gaming!

Stokes636

skzyp
Unsung Hero
XBL: skzyp
PSN: skzypmd
Steam: skzyp

Jan 10, '17, 8:17pm

Stokes636 wrote:Hey skzyp,

I recently switched back to Vita after a long break from the system. Your list is quite nearing completion it seems, but the games I have that you may be missing out on are any of the Lego games. I have Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Lego Batman 3 - I highly recommend both of them. Being that there are many to choose from, I think there is one out there you may enjoy. But, you may want to play some of the games you have first, before growing your collection by a Lego block or two.

Happy Gaming!

Stokes636

Thanks for the reply Stokes636! I've struggled with dabbling in Lego games in the past, they are actually quite the challenge sometimes, but I have tried Lego Jurassic on the Vita while at work. Jurassic park is the most sentimental of the franchises that have been turned into Lego games so far so I'd like to get to them one day. I feel a bit overwhelmed with what I have to play now though. Hitman Go and Taco Master seem to be the two I am focusing on now. I plan to play Severed next because of all the good things Greg/Colin have said about it. Thanks again for the time you took to respond. Makes me happy to be back on Vita island. :D

Hytekdk
Best Friend
PSN: Hytekdk

Jan 10, '17, 10:25pm

Hi everyone. So I just bought my first Vita and with over 2 years of PS+ games just waiting for me to go knee deep in I have been excited to get stated. However, after a couple of sessions I've stumbled into something quite strange. My right hand seems to kind of cramp up and feel strained around the thumb area - not the tip of the finger but the area at the bottom of the finger and the hand itself. I have noticed that the problem becomes especially present when playing a game where I am using the X-button. Just using the right-hand analog stick alone does not pose a problem.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am used to gaming on my phone and PS4 extensively so it's not like a new thing for me using a handheld device to play games. Also, this is not something that happens after like playing for 5 hours but more like 45mins to an hour. Could it be a matter of me getting used to the Vita or is the tight layout of the stick and buttons that's the issue? I am considering investing in a grip for the Vita like the Nyko Power Grip as it seems that could maybe solve my problem but wanted to run it past the Best Friends first.

So what do you think?

waterfilledlungs
Best Friend
XBL: waterfilledlung
PSN: waterfilledlungs
NNID: waterfilledlung

Jan 11, '17, 4:55pm

I just bought a vita and it should be arriving in the next few days!

I don't have a lot of money to spend on games right now. So I'm wondering what are some cheaper games that are great that anyone would recommend?

vivalavita
Pure One
PSN: xX-Gamerpower-Xx

Jan 11, '17, 5:23pm

waterfilledlungs wrote:I just bought a vita and it should be arriving in the next few days!

I don't have a lot of money to spend on games right now. So I'm wondering what are some cheaper games that are great that anyone would recommend?

I would have to say any big name indie game like Hotline Miami, or if you want something like an action platformer/metroidvania you could go for Guacamelee. Downwell is also a good choice for endless replayability at a cheap price. Others like it in terms of replayability are games like Rogue Legacy or Nuclear Throne. If you havent done so already, temper your expectations. Lots of vitas gems are indies. Once you have more to spend though, Persona 4 and Freedom Wars are must plays for vita in my opinion, along with Dragon Quest Builders. Also keep an eye out for Salt and Sanctuary coming out Q1 this year. Its basically 2D Dark Souls and is a pretty big game to have on a handheld and will cost around $20, judging off of the PS4 version's price. You've made a wise choice getting a Vita, and I hope you find a game you really dig.

waterfilledlungs
Best Friend
XBL: waterfilledlung
PSN: waterfilledlungs
NNID: waterfilledlung

Jan 11, '17, 6:48pm

I've personally been preferring indies over the past year. I've been obsessed with Stardew Valley! Thanks for the recommendations. I am definitely intrigued by Salt and Sanctuary. A 2D Dark Souls on the go sounds really cool!

Hytekdk
Best Friend
PSN: Hytekdk

Jan 11, '17, 10:30pm

waterfilledlungs wrote:I just bought a vita and it should be arriving in the next few days!

There's a crazy saving January sale in the EU store. You can find more details in this thread here on the forums.

Personally I got Uncharted: Golden Abyss (70% savings), Drinkbox Vita Collection (58% savings) with containing both Guacamelee and Severed, Hotline Miami (74% savings) and am heavily considering Darkest Dungeon (63% savings) as I love the concept and art, but I don't think I have the heart to play a game that's so brutal and forces you to not give a crap about your heroes, since you practically come to a point where you have to use most of them as cannon fodder for the ones you want to keep to progress in the endgame.

JJGee
Baller
PSN: Night-MareW
Steam: JJGee

Jan 12, '17, 7:45am

Shovel Knight. Some of the best value for your money you'll get, and it's perfect for the Vita. I count it among my Top 10 favorite games of all time. They're putting out more content (FOR FREE!!) as we speak, and they already released the first DLC (Plague of Shadows), and the second one is coming pretty soon (Specter of Torment), and that won't be the last of them.

Hytekdk wrote:[...] and am heavily considering Darkest Dungeon (63% savings) as I love the concept and art, but I don't think I have the heart to play a game that's so brutal and forces you to not give a crap about your heroes, since you practically come to a point where you have to use most of them as cannon fodder for the ones you want to keep to progress in the endgame.

Pull the trigger man. Once you hit the stride, you'll just love it. Once you learn the ropes, you won't be losing heroes as much as you might think, and often when you do, it's in a situation where you kinda get a chance to prepare yourself for it (sometimes not, but often yes).

NecrumOddBoy
Pure One
PSN: Necrumslavery

Jan 14, '17, 7:05pm

Has Anyone played SPIDER: Shrouded Moon on Vita? I was going to pick it up. Looks great.

JJGee
Baller

Jan 15, '17, 11:39am

I have a question... My Vita is showing signs of being about to give up the ghost, particularly the left stick is misbehaving in a way that's starting to affect playing games. Pushing up is sometimes unresponsive (making 3D games where you push up to move forward excruciating sometimes), and it's constantly pulling right ever so slightly, which is mostly noticeable in menus and stuff, where it starts scrolling right by itself.

Does anyone know if it's fixable? I can't really afford to buy a replacement Vita (although I'll start saving right now if I can't fix my existing one, before it becomes so broken that I can't play anymore), so I'd like to know my options.

Youngblaise
Producer
PSN: YoungBlaise

Jan 17, '17, 9:02am

My Vita has lived a long life and feels like its on life support with me having to have it charging while i play.
The Battery is fully charged and it dies constantly. I just click the power button and its back to full charge.
15 seconds in black screen (sleep) every minute is unlikeable. Still works fine though. And i Love it! :D
Gotta save up for a new one.
Had it since October of 2012 (White Vita)

AirMcLaren
Greg's Ego
PSN: AirMcLaren

Jan 17, '17, 3:00pm

Youngblaise wrote:My Vita has lived a long life and feels like its on life support with me having to have it charging while i play.
The Battery is fully charged and it dies constantly. I just click the power button and its back to full charge.
15 seconds in black screen (sleep) every minute is unlikeable. Still works fine though. And i Love it! :D

http://kotaku.com/how-to-access-your-vi ... 1446925566
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStatio ... ement/7990
https://www.amazon.com/ZTHY-Playstation ... B00OTAZAPC
Twitter: @thechrismclaren
Battle.net: AirMcLaren#1687
Discord: AirMcLaren#6427

Youngblaise
Producer
PSN: YoungBlaise

Jan 18, '17, 9:13am

AirMcLaren wrote:
Youngblaise wrote:My Vita has lived a long life and feels like its on life support with me having to have it charging while i play.

http://kotaku.com/how-to-access-your-vi ... 1446925566
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStatio ... ement/7990
https://www.amazon.com/ZTHY-Playstation ... B00OTAZAPC

Wow thanks for the info. I've never done something like that before. seems you need steady hands from comments in the FixIt site.
But I did see that Kotaku said that Sony/Playstation can do it for you. I will see what the price is for that and see if its worth it, since the Battery seems to be the only problem. Or I'll give it a shot after i have a new Vita and send it to the relocation program :D Fatillo

AirMcLaren
Greg's Ego

Jan 18, '17, 12:46pm

I've never taken my Vita apart, but I did take apart my launch Dualshock 4 to replace the faulty thumbsticks. It wasn't too terrible, especially if you take your time and follow a step by step guide.

If you're going to replace the Vita, anyway, then you really have nothing to lose trying to replace the battery yourself. If you fuck up, you're right back where you were with the initial post about saving up for a new one.

That said, based on the walkthrough and those articles, it seems really simple. And from the pictures, the battery seems totally accessible where you wouldn't have to mess with too many internal parts and pieces. Again, just based on the pictures, the Vita battery replacement looks even less complex than my Dualshock 4 walkthrough was!

Either way, good luck.
Twitter: @thechrismclaren
Battle.net: AirMcLaren#1687
Discord: AirMcLaren#6427

Mr.Indie
Best Friend
Position/Title: Indie Game Developer

Jan 22, '17, 4:04pm

Playing World of Final Fantasy for the Vita. Yes! A full fledged JRPG on my Vita... :D

Now that I'm thinking about it... Nintendo has Dragon Quest on 3DS and Sony has Final Fantasy on Vita... hehehehe, just like the old days! xD

JJGee
Baller

Jan 23, '17, 12:10am

Mr.Indie wrote:Playing World of Final Fantasy for the Vita. Yes! A full fledged JRPG on my Vita... :D

It's a good game, too. I've enjoyed it more than any Final Fantasy game since IX, really. It does get a bit tedious eventually, but so so most JRPGs to be honest - just got to power through the grind, and it'll get better again.

Return to “PlayStation”