Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 22, '17, 4:33pm

Vices_9 wrote:I’ve been playing Bloodborne like crazy this pasts week and I’m hooked on it again. It’s like heroin in the form of a video game. It’s making me retract my thoughts on needing another one. Because even though I’ve beaten this game several times over on multiple characters, I still don’t get tired of it. I don’t “need” another Bloodborne. I have this one, and it’s still fun to replay over and over. My next challenge will be to get 99 on all stats.

I will settle for having this game ported over to PS5 when the time comes. If they just wanted to remaster, and keep making it look better while changing absolutely nothing about the content of the game, I’d keep buying it.

Everyone has a game that makes them love games and I thought I had that game before but this is definitely it for me. In my opinion, it is without a doubt the greatest game ever made.

It was my first exposure to a From Software game as well. I had no expectation of how the healing should work, so the blood vials running out has never bothered me. And to be honest, the one time I did run out, I farmed for echoes for a couple hours and bought 600 so I could never run out again. I also got a few level ups in addition to the vials while learning how to fight better.

Bloodborne is so addicting in every way that makes it hard to play other games...Alright that’s enough of a love letter to Bloodborne, just wanted to give it some appreciation.

I agree with so much of this post. The only difference is my first From Soft game was Armored Core 3 and my first Souls game was Dark Souls. I think that the original Dark Souls is slightly better because the story was more fleshed out. But Bloodborne is in a league of it's own in terms of combat design.

II GTA FREEK II wrote:That cunt Vicar Amelia is dead, thank god. Took me a few more tries today, but with the help of some fire paper, Molotov’s and numbing mist I did it. Almost had her the first try today, but I fucked it up. Then I realized I had gone through the majority of those resources so I had to use what I had left sparingly and buy some more Molotov’s.

Then of course I get into the next fight and realize I didn’t equip the Molotov’s in my Quick Items. So I had to do a fast act of assigning them shortly after I got a visceral on her. That was butt clenching.

Just reading this makes me want to hop back in. My forth and fifth character do need to get broken in. KevinCEO

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 22, '17, 4:46pm

Raging Light wrote:Just reading this makes me want to hop back in. My forth and fifth character do need to get broken in. KevinCEO

I wish I had my other character just because I had my outfit and weapon the way I liked. Now I’ve got to wait until I get that stuff again.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 22, '17, 5:19pm

I’m sorry for the double post, but this needs to be separate.

I just stepped through the double doors that lead into Old Yharnam....and there’s a fucking statue floating in the sky. Honestly it could be part of the game and I wouldn’t be surprised. But like...there’s a statue floating in the sky.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 22, '17, 5:49pm

II GTA FREEK II wrote:I’m sorry for the double post, but this needs to be separate.

I just stepped through the double doors that lead into Old Yharnam....and there’s a fucking statue floating in the sky. Honestly it could be part of the game and I wouldn’t be surprised. But like...there’s a statue floating in the sky.

Screenshots, please.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 22, '17, 5:55pm

Raging Light wrote:Screenshots, please.

Here, I’ll send you photos on PSN, and then take those and upload them to this thread. I’ll update this post in a few minutes.

► Show Spoiler

Killon56
Shadow Boxer
PSN: Killon56
Steam: Killon

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 22, '17, 6:24pm

II GTA FREEK II wrote:
Raging Light wrote:Screenshots, please.

Here, I’ll send you photos on PSN, and then take those and upload them to this thread. I’ll update this post in a few minutes.

I believe that's a common glitch. I think I've seen it happen somewhere else too.
Galvatron \o/ PRAISE THE SUN \o/ Galvatron

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 22, '17, 6:46pm

Killon56 wrote:I believe that's a common glitch. I think I've seen it happen somewhere else too.

Honestly I think this happened to me back when I was playing this game for the first time with a buddy. I can’t say that for certain, but it seemed familiar for some reason.

Either way it’s like wtf statue, you know you can’t be up there defying gravity and shit. Get yo ass back down to the ground.

Also update to my progress, the blood soaked beast has been defeated after 2 tries. Also managed to clear out all of Old Yharnam without dying, and Gatlinggun McFuckface Hunterpants fell off his little tower before I could get more than 2 hits on him. Dumbass. Made my life easier.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 26, '17, 9:00am

I’m still chugging along in this game. I’m currently dealing with the one boss who likes to run around his little hallways. His laser beam move during his final stage makes no fucking sense. I haven’t found a way to defend against it. Hitting him before he shoots it off doesn’t do anything, and I don’t have unlimited stamina to keep hitting him before he can even start the animation. Trying to dodge through the carpet bombing doesn’t work. I don’t get it. I am using Ludwig’s sword, so maybe hitting him with it in full greatsword mode will disrupt his animation. Idk, I’ll get it though. I’m not really having trouble with it.

The one thing I’ve learned on my new journey through this game is how much I don’t care for some of the bosses. Of the bosses I’ve fought so far I liked Cleric Beast, Father Gascoigne, Blood Starved Beast (though that one wasn’t the greatest), Vicar Amelia, and Darkbeast Paarl. I didn’t like Witch Of Hemwick, Shadow Of Yharman, Rom Vacous Spider, The One Unborn, and Micolash. Those bosses were just boring and dumb. A bit on the gimmicky side, and less on the cool monster with a fun move set to learn side. Now I know Dark Souls 3, my favorite of these games, has its own share of meh bosses, but I feel that Bloodbornes stand out more.

But that’s just me. I’m still enjoying my time through this game though.

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 26, '17, 10:51am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:I’m still chugging along in this game. I’m currently dealing with the one boss who likes to run around his little hallways. His laser beam move during his final stage makes no fucking sense. I haven’t found a way to defend against it. Hitting him before he shoots it off doesn’t do anything, and I don’t have unlimited stamina to keep hitting him before he can even start the animation. Trying to dodge through the carpet bombing doesn’t work. I don’t get it. I am using Ludwig’s sword, so maybe hitting him with it in full greatsword mode will disrupt his animation. Idk, I’ll get it though. I’m not really having trouble with it.

The normal way is to use your gun to disrupt his attacks and close the distance. Then you rush him when you get close.

But I found an even better way to kill Micolash. The deadliest component of his carpet bomb attack is that you're stuck in that small room when he does it. But did you know you don't have to fight him in there? When he jumps down from the ledge (on the right side not the left) and is about to run into that small final boss room, immediately jump after him and do a lunge attack. Once you land on top of him immediately do as much damage as quickly as possible. After a few hits he will give up on trying to run into the boss room and proceed to fight you in the hallway. From here you can use the corners as cover from his magic attacks. Just be sure to keep killing the floating enemies in the hallways as they will respawn eventually. Keep in mind he doesn't always drop down on the right side. If he drops on the left don't drop down after him. Go down the steps normally and keep chasing him until he drops down the correct way.

Here's a visual of how I did it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo7QAPXbLg8
Last edited by Raging Light on Dec 26, '17, 10:54am, edited 1 time in total.

Vices_9
Seducer
PSN: Vices_9

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 26, '17, 10:54am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:I’m still chugging along in this game. I’m currently dealing with the one boss who likes to run around his little hallways. His laser beam move during his final stage makes no fucking sense. I haven’t found a way to defend against it. Hitting him before he shoots it off doesn’t do anything, and I don’t have unlimited stamina to keep hitting him before he can even start the animation. Trying to dodge through the carpet bombing doesn’t work. I don’t get it. I am using Ludwig’s sword, so maybe hitting him with it in full greatsword mode will disrupt his animation. Idk, I’ll get it though. I’m not really having trouble with it.

I use a faster weapon for that fight. Bloodsaw Cleaver, Hunter Axe, Burial Blade (not transformed), all interrupt Micolash’s use of “A Call Beyond.”

Just be patient and don’t use all of your stamina, if you’re hitting him 4 times before dodging, hit him 3 times, dodge and save energy for an emergency hit, he should be getting interrupted unless you are waiting too long to hit him. If any of the lasers begin to motion, he doesn’t stop the attack. The only other way to avoid his attack would be to run around the room and not get trapped by a wall, but you always run the risk of him firing off the lasers immediately again without ample time to heal if you do that.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 26, '17, 7:09pm

Micolash is dead. I didn’t do anything different this time, but somehow managed to disrupt his attacks or just dodge them. Whatever he’s dead, fuck him. I also had to back track and go through Cainhurst. I’d forgotten exactly how to get there, and ended up going way past it, but that ended up being a good thing because I was more powerful once I did. However fuck that King. I killed him, but fuck him. I had to take a stupid route to him every time I died. And fighting him was just annoying. Those raining swords were just awful to deal with, and half of my gun shots just straight missed him, despite me being right in front of him. So that was cool. Thankfully I got the parrying down well enough to shove it all right up his ass.

That’s all for today.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 30, '17, 8:40pm

So playing through this game again has been beneficial. I’ve gone through the Upper Cathedral Ward, an area I hadn’t ever gone to before. And I’ve been going through the chalices, something I barely did in my last playthrough of the game. Upper Cath. was a true annoyance thanks to those insight sucking enemies. That shit pisses me off to my core. But whatever. At least I was able to experience two new bosses for me.

The chalices have been interesting. First few were mad easy. Now I’m at the point where the bosses are harder than the base game bosses.

As for the base game, I’m at the final boss. Unfortunately I fucked up the special ending, so I won’t be fighting the moon presence. If I want to do that I’ll have to do it on another playthrough. Besides the chalices and final boss I’ve done everything else. Not sure when I’ll get to the dlc, but it’ll be before I fight the final boss.

So that’s where I’m at right now.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 31, '17, 6:29am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:As for the base game, I’m at the final boss. Unfortunately I fucked up the special ending, so I won’t be fighting the moon presence. If I want to do that I’ll have to do it on another playthrough. Besides the chalices and final boss I’ve done everything else. Not sure when I’ll get to the dlc, but it’ll be before I fight the final boss.

So that’s where I’m at right now.

Upper Cathedral was a cool area that hints at a lot of interesting things, as does the Chalice dungeons, that are part of a big reason I want a sequel. Bloodborne built a lore that is really dense, I actually had to re-read the timeline recently when I got my buddy the DLC and I couldn't remember the timeline quite well lol.

I have a feeling you'll enjoy the DLC save for potentially one boss. Because he's the biggest bag of dicks I think. portilloPure1

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 31, '17, 7:01am

I'm going through the chalice dungeons for the first time as well. Just killed Watchdog Of The Old Hunters and Amydala in the cursed dungeons. Amydala was actually pretty easy for me since I'm so used to fighting him. Watchdog on the other hand gave me flashbacks of that bag of dicks SonOfMar is talking about. It even looks like the type of dog Lawrence would pal around with.

I did not expect the chalice dungeons to be this much of a time sink. There are way too many dungeons each with several different levels and alternate versions. It also doesn't help that there's no easy way to keep track of the ones you completed.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 31, '17, 8:38am

SonofMar wrote:
Upper Cathedral was a cool area that hints at a lot of interesting things, as does the Chalice dungeons, that are part of a big reason I want a sequel. Bloodborne built a lore that is really dense, I actually had to re-read the timeline recently when I got my buddy the DLC and I couldn't remember the timeline quite well lol.

I have a feeling you'll enjoy the DLC save for potentially one boss. Because he's the biggest bag of dicks I think. portilloPure1

I haven’t looked into the lore at all but I can see it has something to do with aliens. That I find very cool.

Raging Light wrote:I'm going through the chalice dungeons for the first time as well. Just killed Watchdog Of The Old Hunters and Amydala in the cursed dungeons. Amydala was actually pretty easy for me since I'm so used to fighting him. Watchdog on the other hand gave me flashbacks of that bag of dicks SonOfMar is talking about. It even looks like the type of dog Lawrence would pal around with.

I did not expect the chalice dungeons to be this much of a time sink. There are way too many dungeons each with several different levels and alternate versions. It also doesn't help that there's no easy way to keep track of the ones you completed.

I’ve been doing them in order to get to the Yharnam Blood Queen for the trophy. I haven’t done any cursed dungeon, and I don’t see it on my path to the Blood Queen. I’m currently in the Defiled Chalice though. Yay for half health.

CinciBoiler
Baller
PSN: Izzyrules

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 31, '17, 5:19pm

II GTA FREEK II wrote:
Raging Light wrote:I'm going through the chalice dungeons for the first time as well. Just killed Watchdog Of The Old Hunters and Amydala in the cursed dungeons. Amydala was actually pretty easy for me since I'm so used to fighting him. Watchdog on the other hand gave me flashbacks of that bag of dicks SonOfMar is talking about. It even looks like the type of dog Lawrence would pal around with.

I’ve been doing them in order to get to the Yharnam Blood Queen for the trophy. I haven’t done any cursed dungeon, and I don’t see it on my path to the Blood Queen. I’m currently in the Defiled Chalice though. Yay for half health.

Ah, the Chalice Dungeons. I feel like I damn near spent as much time with those as I did with the game proper. I know that's not really the case, but time drags when you're hitting your head against the wall. At the very least though, i gained so many levels going thru them that by the time I was done, I went back to Lawrence and was able to smack him around like a bitch.
Twitter: CinciBoiler

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 31, '17, 5:33pm

CinciBoiler wrote:Ah, the Chalice Dungeons. I feel like I damn near spent as much time with those as I did with the game proper. I know that's not really the case, but time drags when you're hitting your head against the wall. At the very least though, i gained so many levels going thru them that by the time I was done, I went back to Lawrence and was able to smack him around like a bitch.

Yeah these have really been taking quite a bit of time. Some of these bosses are just the most aggregating things ever, to the point that’s it’s not even really that fun for me. Oh yeah I love enemies that don’t stop attacking me, and can easily one shot me with huge aoe attacks. I’m amazed I’ve been able to get as far as I have with the level of absurdity these chalices can have.

But you do gain a fuck ton of blood echoes.

I’m about to start my last chalice, at least the last one I have to go through. My goal, the blood queen, is in it. After that, assuming I don’t go completely insane and murder everyone at From Software, I won’t be touching these ever again. It’s not worth my blood pressure.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Bloodborne | Discussion

Dec 31, '17, 9:27pm

Wow.

I went through all of those chalice dungeons, fighting countless enemies, insanely hard bosses, and just putting in a lot of effort. I get to the end of my journey where I face off against the Yarhnam Blood Queen, and she turns out to be easy as hell. I’m not sure if I should facepalm or be relieved that I didnt have to bang my head against the wall trying to kill a bullshit boss. I guess it’ll be a bit of both.

Honestly I was expecting the fight of a lifetime, but that wasn’t even close. Oh well, I got that done and got my trophy. Peace out chalices, it was fun? while it lasted.

Next up is the dlc. However I won’t be getting to that for a few days. I’m actually pretty strapped for cash, so I’ll be buying it later.

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums

Bloodborne | Discussion

Jan 02, '18, 12:45am

CinciBoiler
Baller

Bloodborne | Discussion

Jan 03, '18, 7:28am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:Wow.

I went through all of those chalice dungeons, fighting countless enemies, insanely hard bosses, and just putting in a lot of effort. I get to the end of my journey where I face off against the Yarhnam Blood Queen, and she turns out to be easy as hell. I’m not sure if I should facepalm or be relieved that I didnt have to bang my head against the wall trying to kill a bullshit boss. I guess it’ll be a bit of both.

Honestly I was expecting the fight of a lifetime, but that wasn’t even close. Oh well, I got that done and got my trophy. Peace out chalices, it was fun? while it lasted.

Next up is the dlc. However I won’t be getting to that for a few days. I’m actually pretty strapped for cash, so I’ll be buying it later.

Yeah, i didn't want to mention it or spoil it for you, but the Yarhnam Blood Queen battle is a fucking cake walk compared to what it takes to get to her. I was interested to see if you'd have the same reaction I did. Hopefully the DLC makes up for that for you, I think it does have some better and more difficult bosses than YBQ.
Twitter: CinciBoiler

Return to “PlayStation”