Lindsay
Greg's Ego
PSN: LindsayKelsey

Media Molecule's Dreams | Discussion

Jul 18, '15, 6:57pm

Media Molecule's Dreams | Discussion

Dreams is the next title from Media Molecule, creators of LittleBigPlanet and Tearaway Unfolded. Coming to PlayStation 4. Dreams is a "thrillingly ambitious new PS4 project that lets you experience the ‘dreams’ of others, and create and share your own." - PlayStation Blog

Platform | PlayStation 4
Release Date | To Be Announced

Videos & Trailers

https://youtu.be/nFUxUq3VUgo

Follow Media Molecule

http://dreams.mediamolecule.com
Image@MediaMolecule
Image/MediaMolecule

News:

Gamespot: "Sony Will Show "Lots More" of LittleBigPlanet Dev's Dreams at Paris Games Week"

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Re: Media Molecule's Dreams | Discussion

Jul 18, '15, 10:13pm

I know a lot of responses I've seen around this game have been "what the heck is it?" or "what's the point?"....but I'm really excited to see more.

I love that we're getting more games that are less goal-oriented, and more about the experience of playing them and interacting with each other. When I was a kid I spent so much time drawing in Kid Pix, building Legos, etc. The idea of having this new, next-gen toolbox to create whatever you want sounds very cool. I'm curious how intuitive the creation mechanics will be though. Will the average person be able to create dreams half as good as the ones we've seen in the trailer so far?

I'm also wondering if this will be a Morpheus title. It would be amazing to have the experience of literally stepping into someone else's dreams through the use of VR.

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Jul 19, '15, 7:06am

Just seems like an odd, high-concept type thing that they didn't describe very well. Almost more of a tech demo than anything. I was very excited to see Media Molecule's next game and was very disappointed with this announcement/trailer. Perhaps there is some element of it being an actual game to it they will show later but for now I'm not really that interested.

dudeshot
Seducer
PSN: chickenlittle711

Jul 19, '15, 7:59am

I am Interested in it , it's rare to see triple A developers and publishers to take a risk at anything. I also like the games claymation/puppet art style. What their doing to do, could make more something really interesting. Paris Games show should help us get better clue at what the game is.

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

Jul 19, '15, 8:14am

My interest in this game would be to play other people's creations. I doubt I'd be good at making them, so this for me would only be worth buying if a strong Dreams community was formed, with several high quality dreams to try out. Still, very curious to see what comes out of it. There's already a lot of traditional games in press, I like new ideas being tested (even if they fail)

Brotherhood93
Greg's Ego
PSN: M_O_T1919

Jul 19, '15, 8:42am

Eve Narlieth wrote:My interest in this game would be to play other people's creations. I doubt I'd be good at making them, so this for me would only be worth buying if a strong Dreams community was formed, with several high quality dreams to try out. Still, very curious to see what comes out of it. There's already a lot of traditional games in press, I like new ideas being tested (even if they fail)

I completely agree. I have very little creativity but it would be really interesting to see what other people come up with. I still don't really understand what it is or how it works though. They didn't communicate that very well at E3 so I still need to see more of it before I can say it's something I'm excited about.

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

Jul 19, '15, 9:00am

Brotherhood93 wrote:
Eve Narlieth wrote:My interest in this game would be to play other people's creations. I doubt I'd be good at making them, so this for me would only be worth buying if a strong Dreams community was formed, with several high quality dreams to try out. Still, very curious to see what comes out of it. There's already a lot of traditional games in press, I like new ideas being tested (even if they fail)

I completely agree. I have very little creativity but it would be really interesting to see what other people come up with. I still don't really understand what it is or how it works though. They didn't communicate that very well at E3 so I still need to see more of it before I can say it's something I'm excited about.

I guess the intention was to draw attention to it. They probably want to have a clearer view of their project before talking about it.

As always, E3 for me is mainly for the opportunity of seeing new indie or smaller games, and I loved hearing about Dreams. The AAA games will always leek or be talked about to exaustion in gaming news, but the smaller games are the real surprises

Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard

Jul 19, '15, 2:33pm

I'm still not really sure what the game is supposed to be. It might just be one of those games that you have to pick up to understand or at least one of those games that you need more than just a trailer to get.

One-Shot
Management
Management
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot

Jul 20, '15, 7:47am

It's hard to be excited when like others have said we don't know much about it. If it's purely a creation tool then I am not interested since I don't have the patience to use a controller to create things. Also if it is just a tool then it should be a platform, not a retail game.
"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

Paulogy
Producer
PSN: paulogy

Jul 20, '15, 8:39am

Holy crap, Kid Pix! I spent soooo much time with that simple graphics suite :-)

If Dreams becomes a sort of YouTube of gameplay experiences, that you get to jump from piece to piece to piece, then I think it could be something quite amazing.
[ w w w . p a u l o g y . c o m ]

JRV
Baller

Jul 20, '15, 8:58am

The game looks very unique but I think it reminds me of one of those old rpg maker games. Where if you are naturally creative you can have a ton of fun but isn't my type of game.

mJayO
Unsung Hero
PSN: Marquis_James97
Steam: marquis1997

Jul 23, '15, 5:53am

Looks Unique and it looks like it could be fun for like the first 3 hours and then it just looks like a complete waste. I don't understand how Sony could let Media Molecule expunge all this money into this "project" because in reality you can't even call this a game.
#DoYourJob #CR7

One-Shot
Management
Management

Jul 23, '15, 6:04am

mJayO wrote:Looks Unique and it looks like it could be fun for like the first 3 hours and then it just looks like a complete waste. I don't understand how Sony could let Media Molecule expunge all this money into this "project" because in reality you can't even call this a game.

Well we haven't really seen much of it so we can't call it anything. Gotta wait for a real demo before we can judge.

mJayO
Unsung Hero
PSN: Marquis_James97
Steam: marquis1997

Jul 23, '15, 6:17am

One-Shot wrote:
mJayO wrote:Looks Unique and it looks like it could be fun for like the first 3 hours and then it just looks like a complete waste. I don't understand how Sony could let Media Molecule expunge all this money into this "project" because in reality you can't even call this a game.

Well we haven't really seen much of it so we can't call it anything. Gotta wait for a real demo before we can judge.

Yeah very true. I hope there is something more to it than what we have seen so far in terms of the whole "being able to create your dreams." Seems like a great idea just don't know how fun its going to be. But I agree with you we need to see more.
#DoYourJob #CR7

CinciBoiler
Baller
PSN: Izzyrules

Jul 23, '15, 7:24am

Jay wrote:I'm still not really sure what the game is supposed to be. It might just be one of those games that you have to pick up to understand or at least one of those games that you need more than just a trailer to get.

I agree with this, I wonder if its similar to Journey or Flower where (for me) I read reviews and saw video of it and I just kept thinking "Eh...I don't get it." Then I actually played them and was like, "Holy shit...I get it now." Like others have said, I'm probably more interested in playing other people's dreams than creating ones myself. Honestly this game will probably live or die by how robust its community of online creators is. Still I'm interested in it and will give it a chance.
Twitter: CinciBoiler
PSN: Izzyrules

Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard

Jul 23, '15, 8:18am

CinciBoiler wrote:
Jay wrote:I'm still not really sure what the game is supposed to be. It might just be one of those games that you have to pick up to understand or at least one of those games that you need more than just a trailer to get.

I agree with this, I wonder if its similar to Journey or Flower where (for me) I read reviews and saw video of it and I just kept thinking "Eh...I don't get it." Then I actually played them and was like, "Holy shit...I get it now." Like others have said, I'm probably more interested in playing other people's dreams than creating ones myself. Honestly this game will probably live or die by how robust its community of online creators is. Still I'm interested in it and will give it a chance.
Maybe the game could also work with Morpheus. If Morpheus launched with this, Rigs and Gran Turismo it might actually have a shot.

Lindsay
Greg's Ego

Aug 08, '15, 2:30pm

Jay wrote:Maybe the game could also work with Morpheus. If Morpheus launched with this, Rigs and Gran Turismo it might actually have a shot.

This could be a cool Morpheus title. Since as far as we know, it's seems like more of an "experience" than a game, it would be perfect for VR. It might even have wider appeal, or at least appeal to a different audience. I couldn't see my mom playing Gran Turismo on VR, but I could see her trying out something like Dreams. I don't know if she would create anything, but being able to step into someone else's creation would do well to help her understand the appeal of VR.

One-Shot
Management
Management

Aug 08, '15, 2:42pm

I would certainly be more interested if it was a Morpheus game, and could understand the who "experience" thing more.

ChiefChegwin
Pure One

Aug 09, '15, 3:40pm

Atm I'm bloody confused but it seems like one of those things that, if shown in the right way, could get me really hyped.
Hiding in wheelie bins since 1806

JayFromNY
Seducer
PSN: Evilklown

Aug 10, '15, 10:15am

I'm not very talented creatively so this game doesn't have a ton of appeal to me. With that said I am very curious to see what others do with it.

Return to “PlayStation”