Pass
5%

Total votes: 19
Jake
Unsung Hero
PSN: Future-Islands

Re: God of War | PS4 Reboot

Jun 17, '16, 8:27am

I have never played GOW, but this demo really excited me. I'm interested to see more.

:kinda

Vices_9
Seducer
PSN: Vices_9

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Jun 17, '16, 8:48am

HavokX wrote:
Vices_9 wrote:I have only really played God of War 3 on PS4 so I don't have the franchise fatigue that seems to plague all of playstation nation.

The demo to me looked incredible. I immediately thought of Naughty Dog because of the camera angle. And the combat looks like it took a page out of a souls game but not too much. I'm plenty excited for the new one. It still has the feel of the God of War universe, so I think even the purists should feel okay about it. What a time to be a PlayStation gamer.

Did you not have a PS2 or PS3? I ask bc 3 is the worst game to start with. 2 ends on a cliffhanger and 3 picks up right where it left off. Its like coming into the final half of a big blockbuster movie

I had both a PS2 and a PS3. I got my hands on the first God of War when it first came out but I must have been like 10 years old because I can't remember a thing of it, I don't think I got close to finishing it either. I definitely never played God of War 2. The first two are on Vita I believe so I might pick them up at some point. I have heard from lots of places that the games' stories are not that good so I was never bothered by starting with 3.
Chaz2132005 wrote:This is the reason I didnt understand just 3 being brought to PS4. atleast bring 2 & 3.

I really enjoyed 3 even though I missed a lot of context for why everything was happening. But I had so much fun playing it that I didn't care.
CinciBoiler wrote:Since they already have God of War Origins (the PSP games) and Collection (1 & 2) for PS3, I wouldn't be surprised if sometime between now and when the new GoT comes out those all get put on PS4. Since they've already remastered 3 for PS4, they know what the process is and it should be easier to do those games. Hell, if SSM doesn't want to do it, just give them to Bluepoint to touch up the graphics a little and tweak a few things and roll them out.

I would personally welcome that. I thought 3 was good so now I'm interested in seeing the first 2. But I don't know if they will do that since the new God of War looks so different from the first 3 mainline games.

Jay
Nick's Magnificent Beard

Jun 18, '16, 12:42pm

Apparently, they almost considered making it Egyptian. Norse is obviously a much better choice but man can you imagine if they still did that a few games down the line? Would be very good.

I expect the Norse games to be a Trilogy just like before with Loki (Maybe shape shifted as Odin) as the main boss of this one, then Thor in the sequel and then the real Odin in the sequel after that.

Tidux
Best Friend

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Jun 27, '16, 8:20am

Hey! one of the most exciting thing about this reboot is the music, my god.
The music is being done by Bear McCreary most famous his Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead.
As i understand it the game will arrive late october early november 2017.

What are you most excited about?

The cool thing is that the XP gained in the E3 showing was the kid getting it, will he be playable alla Ellie style?

// Tidux

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Jun 27, '16, 8:22am

Tidux wrote:post

// Tidux

how do you pronounce your name?

also I hope its like with Ellie in The Last of Us

Tidux
Best Friend

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Jun 27, '16, 8:30am

Chaz2132005 wrote:
Tidux wrote:post

// Tidux

how do you pronounce your name?

also I hope its like with Ellie in The Last of Us

hmm i will try to explain how it should be pronounced.
first part is Ti like the name Ty ir Tie.
the other part like dux like Redux, almost like duck but with a X at the end, does that make any kind of sence?

// Tidux

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Jun 27, '16, 12:44pm

Apparently the E3 demo hosted quite a few secrets. Check out this thread on NeoGAF. Super interesting read that has me even more excited for the game. (MIDGARD SERPENT FTW!)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1235828

VengeanceWithin
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: VengeanceWith1n
PSN: VengeanceWithin

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Jun 28, '16, 9:21pm

MannySJ wrote:Apparently the E3 demo hosted quite a few secrets. Check out this thread on NeoGAF. Super interesting read that has me even more excited for the game. (MIDGARD SERPENT FTW!)

So many awesome things hidden in that trailer! Been waiting for this game to be official since it was hinted at a while back. I hope it's playable at PSX if they do in fact have another PSX this year.

ProfessorXavier
Pure One
PSN: fiddycent

Jun 29, '16, 8:21pm

I was glad to hear in a recent interview that the Boss battles are bigger than ever and there can be up to 100 enemies on screen at on time. We will see how that plays out at release but that's a huge relief personally. I'm fine with making a more character driven game but was worried this meant they were sacrificing what, imo made GOW great, which is the sense of scale and sheer epicness of the og trilogy. So it is nice to know this isn't entirely the case. Can't wait to find out more. This game is for sure one of my most anticipated now.

MannySJ wrote:Apparently the E3 demo hosted quite a few secrets. Check out this thread on NeoGAF. Super interesting read that has me even more excited for the game. (MIDGARD SERPENT FTW!)

That Giant Serpent would make an EPIC boss battle.
 ! Message from: Frostilyte
Hi, I merged your two posts into one. You can add additional information to your posts by using the edit feature. :)

phaman68
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Jul 01, '16, 12:41am

Great minds think alike

jamokachi
Pure One
Position/Title: Research Co-ordinator
PSN: jamiemaher85

God of War |OT| Less Angry Edition

Sep 12, '16, 3:36am

I have this on pre-order from Amazon, and they've just updated the shipping details to say it will be delivered on March 3rd 2017 (previously it was just listed as TBC). I' don't know if this is an actual indication on when it is being released, or it's just a back-end error from Amazon. It would seem a strange date to release on as that's the date that Horizon: Zero Dawn is being released, but I thought it was worth highlighting just in case it actually has a small bit of fact to it.

One-Shot
Management
Management
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot

God of War |OT| Less Angry Edition

Sep 12, '16, 5:37am

jamokachi wrote:I have this on pre-order from Amazon, and they've just updated the shipping details to say it will be delivered on March 3rd 2017 (previously it was just listed as TBC). I' don't know if this is an actual indication on when it is being released, or it's just a back-end error from Amazon. It would seem a strange date to release on as that's the date that Horizon: Zero Dawn is being released, but I thought it was worth highlighting just in case it actually has a small bit of fact to it.

It's just a place holder...it's always just a place holder.
"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Nov 10, '16, 1:28am

Like many people I've never played God Of War, and it's never looked interesting enough. This one however grabbed me. I sympathize with those that don't like the direction it's going in, when you like the other games for what they are. But for me it seems to have grounded itself, and improved the graphics to a point that I'm super interested in it. I'm sold on it.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

Vane
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o

Dec 22, '16, 1:07pm

CinciBoiler
Baller
PSN: Izzyrules

Dec 22, '16, 1:16pm

I'm actually glad we haven't gotten a lot of news. They know to just shut up and make the game instead of giving us teaser trailer after teaser trailer...
Twitter: CinciBoiler
PSN: Izzyrules

jr8zeppelin
Pure One

Dec 22, '16, 3:21pm

This is easily one of my most anticipated exclusives. Top 5 for sure.

Everything looks refined. The visuals and environments have always been nice in God of War, but this reboot looks absolutely stunning, in my opinion. The combat is no longer built upon the repetitiveness of hacking and slashing your enemies, but now plays sort of likes Dark Souls; and they're adding RPG mechanics? And the dialogue does not solely consist of Kratos yelling? And they're switching it up to Norse mythology? Sign me right up for this.
Check out my blog over at http://people.ign.com/jr8zeppelin for all things video games and Game of Thrones!

Brotherhood93
Greg's Ego
PSN: M_O_T1919

Jan 01, '17, 4:07am

No God of War in this video of games coming 2017. Detroit, GT, Dreams and Knack seem to be the major exclusives for next year after Horizon. I assume this means GoW will be 2018, although I'd be surprised if all these games made 2017 anyway.

Vane
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o

Jan 01, '17, 4:13am

I'd just seen that and thought Detroit was an interesting inclusion and GoW a surprising omission. Although it doesn't explicitly say coming in 2017, just "exclusives we have coming". Something will probably get delayed anyway portilloShu

Brotherhood93
Greg's Ego
PSN: M_O_T1919

Jan 01, '17, 10:04am

SorryWeAre0_o wrote:I'd just seen that and thought Detroit was an interesting inclusion and GoW a surprising omission. Although it doesn't explicitly say coming in 2017, just "exclusives we have coming". Something will probably get delayed anyway portilloShu

"Unmissable PS4 console exclusives in 2017"

Mr_Jetton
Unsung Hero

Jan 01, '17, 11:08am

I'm super excited for this. I always liked God of War but I absolutely love the new direction they are going. I feel like it could actually hit 2017 but early 2018 seems more likely to me.

Return to “PlayStation”