No votes
Pass
5%

Total votes: 19
Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

God of War release date leaked on the PlayStation Store?

Dec 05, '17, 6:07am

We don’t go balls to the wall, we go nuts to butts.

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer
XBL: shanest88
PSN: shanethesaint88

Re: God of War release date leaked on the PlayStation Store?

Dec 05, '17, 8:15am

Well I guess there goes one of there “special” announcements for PSX lol but in all serious that’s cool and I’m interested to maybe play this game. Have to see the reviews when they come out

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Dec 05, '17, 8:18am

Thats gotta be true. It doesn't really ruin anything for me though. They kept saying early 2018. I've just been waiting for them to give a specific date for it.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

gwnner
Shadow Boxer

Dec 05, '17, 8:39am

Sounds about right

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Dec 05, '17, 8:57am

Step 1: Come Out at a good time in the year
Step 2:
Step 3 Profits

Vices_9
Seducer
PSN: Vices_9

Dec 05, '17, 9:35am

Color me skeptical but I don’t think that’s the date. I’m still thinking May. But we’ll find out this week if it’s true.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Dec 05, '17, 9:50am

Vices_9 wrote:Color me skeptical but I don’t think that’s the date. I’m still thinking May. But we’ll find out this week if it’s true.

To me it seems a bit too specific and plausible to be wrong. But I certainly won't rule out the possibility. I'd rather have it in March though. Sooner the better.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

BuffArms
Baller

Dec 05, '17, 9:53am

Was anyone expecting otherwise? Sony seems to hit that post Holiday, before Summer break period for exclusives a lot.
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer

Dec 05, '17, 9:53am

Vices_9 wrote:Color me skeptical but I don’t think that’s the date. I’m still thinking May. But we’ll find out this week if it’s true.

It should be of note that March 22nd is a Thursday. However the date could be for like a Midnight release that night and retail would be that Friday. Idk!

BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510

Dec 05, '17, 10:04am

I don't get why releasing a game in the first quarter of the year is considered to be bad.

I mean, less competition, crappy weather/short days so you stay inside, no major holidays to interfere with. Seems like a good time to put a new game -- rather than try ti get into the crowded field of summer (nice day, vacation, travel), or Christmas (holiday, travel, "family time"),

Just strange how games release at that time are viewed differently. I thought having Horizon last year in its release date was great
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Dec 05, '17, 10:23am

Merged release date topic with this here existing topic.

As for the release date, I'm not surprised really. Isn't that around the time most God of War games have released in the past?

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Dec 05, '17, 10:40am

nicktorious_BLT wrote:Merged release date topic with this here existing topic.

Please don’t take this as coming at you because I’m not. I’m just genuinely curious why the moderators always do this? In my opinion it hinders conversations about a certain topic(the game’s release date being leaked). Unless you specifically are going to the games OT to find information about the game or talk about it then you would never see it. I would’ve never joined the conversation about that because I would’ve never gone to God of Wars thread. Just curious!

Vices_9
Seducer
PSN: Vices_9

Dec 05, '17, 10:51am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:

To me it seems a bit too specific and plausible to be wrong. But I certainly won't rule out the possibility. I'd rather have it in March though. Sooner the better.

Oh if I could have had it in November I would have. I want it out ASAP, I just don’t like when Sony takes this long to announce a release date. Horizon had its release date revealed 8 months before it came out. I get not wanting to disappoint because you announced a date too early but this leaked date is pretty close to now and it seems like Sony would know if the game was ready to go or not. They made a mistake by saying “early 2018.”

To me, I believe that March window was real at some point and that this might just be an error. Like I said, we’ll see by no later than Friday evening.

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Dec 05, '17, 11:58am

shanethesaint88 wrote:Please don’t take this as coming at you because I’m not. I’m just genuinely curious why the moderators always do this? In my opinion it hinders conversations about a certain topic(the game’s release date being leaked). Unless you specifically are going to the games OT to find information about the game or talk about it then you would never see it. I would’ve never joined the conversation about that because I would’ve never gone to God of Wars thread. Just curious!

Well we see something like a release date is not big enough to warrant it's own conversation in a different thread. We see the OT for a game as the hub for that game and all the news and discussion that goes with it. If we allowed multiple topics to be made about every single aspect of a game, things start to get cluttered with multiple threads for a single game. We're not trying to hinder conversation, but instead, keep it centralized in one location. This also prevents the same conversation from happening in two different threads.

Also, there should an indicator beside each thread when you have new unread posts. This would alert you to the fact that a new conversation is happening in the God of War thread?

Hope this clears things up.

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Dec 05, '17, 12:07pm

nicktorious_BLT wrote:
shanethesaint88 wrote:Please don’t take this as coming at you because I’m not. I’m just genuinely curious why the moderators always do this? In my opinion it hinders conversations about a certain topic(the game’s release date being leaked). Unless you specifically are going to the games OT to find information about the game or talk about it then you would never see it. I would’ve never joined the conversation about that because I would’ve never gone to God of Wars thread. Just curious!

Well we see something like a release date is not big enough to warrant it's own conversation in a different thread. We see the OT for a game as the hub for that game and all the news and discussion that goes with it. If we allowed multiple topics to be made about every single aspect of a game, things start to get cluttered with multiple threads for a single game. We're not trying to hinder conversation, but instead, keep it centralized in one location. This also prevents the same conversation from happening in two different threads.

Also, there should an indicator beside each thread when you have new unread posts. This would alert you to the fact that a new conversation is happening in the God of War thread?

Hope this clears things up.

I understand! Thank you for clarifying!

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Dec 05, '17, 12:08pm

shanethesaint88 wrote:I understand! Thank you for clarifying!

No problemo! SeemsGood

channelocho
Producer
XBL: Channelocho86
PSN: ChannelOcho

Re: God of War | PS4 Reboot

Dec 05, '17, 1:14pm

End of March sounds right to me, I actually thought it was going to get the February spot like Horizon did.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Re: God of War | PS4 Reboot

Dec 07, '17, 5:19am

Traditionally, the main entries in God of War have been March releases, so this fits. Plus, I assume that maybe Detroit isn't quite as ready as I think, and obviously Days Gone needed more time for cleaning up animations and whatnot, and Spiderman might be a late summer thing but we'll see about that one. Point is, God of War I think is probably the furthest along of all of them obviously, but also the one that could really help kick off the year extremely well, especially with Shadow of the Colossus right before it in February. Be a great 2018 if everything lands, and even if a couple miss still will be great to me.

FallenVega8K
Unsung Hero

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Dec 07, '17, 9:22am

March 22 is a Thursday so that would be the first PS4 release on this day, if it was true.

I think at this point late March 23 or 30 are going to be announced at PSX

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

God of War | PS4 Reboot

Dec 29, '17, 8:12am

Just in case anybody is a psychopath with money to burn.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectible ... ca-903332/

Return to “PlayStation”