Battle.net: AirMcLaren#1687
Discord: AirMcLaren#6427

DamianNM
Baller
PSN: Spyack44
Steam: Damiannmaher

Gran Turismo Sport | LIVE FIA Gran Turismo Championship, Pre-Season Test

May 18, '16, 2:35pm

Tomorrow (19 May 2016) at 18:30 BST there will be a live stream for Gran Turismo Sport. It appears to be two to two-and-a-half hours long. Hopefully we get some more news on the beta and (hopefully) some info on the release date/window. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have in store for us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXxcjCNkHCU
Student editor: https://www.youtube.com/damiannmaher
► Show Spoiler

CinciBoiler
Baller
PSN: Izzyrules

Re: Gran Turismo Sport | LIVE FIA Gran Turismo Championship, Pre-Season Test

May 18, '16, 2:43pm

Its been too long since the last Gran Turismo, looking forward to what they show. I don't expect the game to drop until 2017, but hopefully they'll give us a beta or something. I just hope it isn't online multiplayer only. Throw us single player fans out there a bone.
Last edited by CinciBoiler on May 19, '16, 5:23am, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: CinciBoiler

vitzpatel
Baller
PSN: vitz1985

May 19, '16, 12:42am

I registered for this event on my PS4 (using the PlayStation app which I was surprised to find out actually worked!). Apparently my system will turn on by itself (it's in Rest Mode) and switch over to the Youtube feed. Now all I need to do is ensure that I make it home for 6.30!

Can't wait for the next installment of Gran Turismo. I've lost count of the number of hours I've sunk into the GT Series from GT3 A-Spec. I'm infinitely more interested in the single player aspect of GT than multiplayer.

The one thing I hope that racing sims will get right one day is endurance racing, where you're part of a team. Sure have a 24 hour event, but as the player, you drive in stints (split between 3/4 drivers) as no one driver would ever cover the full 24 hours by themselves. So each stint would have a maximum stint length of 3 hours (and then you would hand over to your AI team-mate who would take on the take stint.) Sure it throws in some unpredictability of whether your team-mate will lose positions or even worse crash, but that's what endurance racing is about.

I hope that it comes out this year, but I honestly think it's due in 2017. Will be very intrigued to hear about VR functionality, I doubt we'll hear anything about NEO at this event as it still hasn't been officially spoken about.

Edit - We're starting to see some info from the event, such as the new HUD Image credit goes to GTPlanet

Kazanori Yamauchi will be starting his keynote presentation soon. I'm sure the highlights from the presentation will lead the live-stream event that starts this evening.
Last edited by vitzpatel on May 19, '16, 6:37am, edited 2 times in total.
psn: vitz1985 | twitter: @vitzpatel | random ramblings: @vitzpatel on Medium

Valomek
Baller
PSN: Valomek

May 19, '16, 6:34am

I'm so looking forward to the return of the king that is Gran Turismo.

I really did love GT6, way more than GT5 and even GT4, mostly because it was a game that respected our time, and fixed the licenses system once and for all. Having played GT, since GT2. I'm so happy that GT6 made the change it did to the license system.

One fear I do have, and that started way back, when they first talked about the partnership with FIA, is that the focus will be moved even more to Online, than ever before. Which is a negative in my eyes, and with the title GT Sports, I do very much fear that online play will be the main focus, while we still have SP in it.

vitzpatel wrote: So each stint would have a maximum stint length of 3 hours (and then you would hand over to your AI team-mate who would take on the take stint.) Sure it throws in some unpredictability of whether your team-mate will lose positions or even worse crash, but that's what endurance racing is about.

Same here, Project Cars are so far the ones that have come closes to that.

Where as you really should hand over the control to the AI, or you would be faced with having the Ps4 turned on for over 24 hours. Would I had wish the AI were a better partner yes, did I win, was it fun very much.

vitzpatel
Baller

May 19, '16, 8:33am

So here's what we know from Yamauchi-san's presentation.

Release Date - 15th November 2016
Livery Editor
137 cars, all with fully modelled interiors
19 locations (multiple layouts)
117 offline events - and add a driving/racing school (because what's a Gran Turismo game without licenses!)
Big focus on online multiplayer, with sanctioned races - FIA-grade finals to be raced at the weekend.
Your profile will feature safety rating and sportsmanship points (think of this like a similar system to iRacing)
Represent your country or manufacturer in different championships - regional heats lead to a final.
Improved Museum and Photo Mode

When the live stream starts in a two hours, I'm sure we'll find out more. There hasn't been anything said about a beta yet, nor PlayStation VR.

CinciBoiler
Baller

May 19, '16, 10:13am

Still a little nervous about the single player to multiplayer online ratio, but at least having 117 offline events is a good sign.

I'm actually glad they cut back on the number of cars. I'd rather have 137 unique cars, than 1200 total cars and 1100 of them are just different versions of the same 5 models. I'm (slightly) exaggerating, but anyone that's played GT knows what I'm talking about.

DamianNM
Baller
PSN: Spyack44
Steam: Damiannmaher

May 19, '16, 11:04am

Here's the gameplay trailer they released alongside the event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73mCml74aXs
Student editor: https://www.youtube.com/damiannmaher
► Show Spoiler

vitzpatel
Baller

May 20, '16, 5:25am

Having had a few hours to digest the news, I can appreciate that this is a better alternative to having a GT7 Prologue.

The fact that you can get an actual FIA Racing Licence which is recognised by 22 different racing organisations is pretty damn cool. I like the fact that the car count is modest, and hopefully will feature cars that you actually want to race - rather than the usual slog of racing hatchbacks (although everybody was raging that they gave you a Honda Fit in GT6, that car was great).

117 events sounds good, but as we come to find out what these events actually are - we'll be able to judge the single player content. I hope that it doesn't begin with 3 lap dash-for-the-cash type events where you don't have time to plan your overtakes, you just have to get to the front and to hell with racing etiquette.

Grid starts seem to be back, which will be welcomed by the millions. Gone are the events where you start at the back and the lead car is 30 secs up the road before you've crossed the line. Perhaps it suggests that the AI is competent enough to give players a decent race. Alternatively, it might just because of the outcry from GT6.

Hopefully with E3 being less than a month away, we'll find about about NEO and we'll here how Polyphony Digital is planning to use the extra horsepower portilloPure1

I just hope it doesn't push my PS4 to start making immense fan noises (although that may be the disk drive too) like it does when I play Uncharted 4...

CinciBoiler
Baller

May 20, '16, 5:42am

vitzpatel wrote:Having had a few hours to digest the news, I can appreciate that this is a better alternative to having a GT7 Prologue.

The fact that you can get an actual FIA Racing Licence which is recognised by 22 different racing organisations is pretty damn cool. I like the fact that the car count is modest, and hopefully will feature cars that you actually want to race - rather than the usual slog of racing hatchbacks (although everybody was raging that they gave you a Honda Fit in GT6, that car was great).

117 events sounds good, but as we come to find out what these events actually are - we'll be able to judge the single player content. I hope that it doesn't begin with 3 lap dash-for-the-cash type events where you don't have time to plan your overtakes, you just have to get to the front and to hell with racing etiquette.

Grid starts seem to be back, which will be welcomed by the millions. Gone are the events where you start at the back and the lead car is 30 secs up the road before you've crossed the line. Perhaps it suggests that the AI is competent enough to give players a decent race. Alternatively, it might just because of the outcry from GT6.

Hopefully with E3 being less than a month away, we'll find about about NEO and we'll here how Polyphony Digital is planning to use the extra horsepower portilloPure1

I just hope it doesn't push my PS4 to start making immense fan noises (although that may be the disk drive too) like it does when I play Uncharted 4...

Could just be it needs to be better ventilated. My PS4 sounded like a helicopter was taking off outside while it was in my entertainment center. I moved it out of there and now it makes nary a peep.

Glad to hear grid starts are back. I missed those in GT6. Overall I'm intrigued. This seems to have more content then the typical GT prologue game, but not as much as a fully fledged iteration of GT. I'm wondering if this is more of a platform though, and they'll just continue to add onto it. I'll be curious to find out more details as we get closer to launch.

Fuhgeddit
Producer
Position/Title: Accountant
XBL: NY MLKE G
PSN: Fuhg3ddaboud1t

May 20, '16, 7:20am

I am excited for this but FH3 releases this year most likely and I still have Forza 6. I'd have to feelt he gameplay at a local Sony store.
Steam: Fuhgeddit
Battle.net: Coming...
PSN: Fuhg3dda6oudit

vitzpatel
Baller

May 20, '16, 7:21am

CinciBoiler wrote:Could just be it needs to be better ventilated. My PS4 sounded like a helicopter was taking off outside while it was in my entertainment center. I moved it out of there and now it makes nary a peep.

That's true, it probably just needs a clean. I do what I can without opening it up (not sure if I could trade it in for a NEO if the warranty seals are broken, even though it's not under warranty any more) with the compressed air and vacuum cleaner - just haven't had the chance this week!

Fuhgeddit wrote:I am excited for this but FH3 releases this year most likely and I still have Forza 6. I'd have to feelt he gameplay at a local Sony store.

Wow, you have a local Sony store, those all closed down here in the UK (Oi!)

Fuhgeddit
Producer
Position/Title: Accountant
PSN: Fuhg3ddaboud1t

May 20, '16, 7:31am

Fuhgeddit wrote:I am excited for this but FH3 releases this year most likely and I still have Forza 6. I'd have to feelt he gameplay at a local Sony store.

Wow, you have a local Sony store, those all closed down here in the UK (Oi!)[/quote]

There is one in NYC, but I think eventually they'll close down.
Steam: Fuhgeddit
Battle.net: Coming...
PSN: Fuhg3dda6oudit

CinciBoiler
Baller

May 20, '16, 7:52am

vitzpatel wrote:
CinciBoiler wrote:Could just be it needs to be better ventilated. My PS4 sounded like a helicopter was taking off outside while it was in my entertainment center. I moved it out of there and now it makes nary a peep.

That's true, it probably just needs a clean. I do what I can without opening it up (not sure if I could trade it in for a NEO if the warranty seals are broken, even though it's not under warranty any more) with the compressed air and vacuum cleaner - just haven't had the chance this week!

Opening it up to clean it won't void the warranty. Sony's already confirmed a while back that replacing the hard drive won't void the warranty, and naturally you have to open up the system to do that.

vitzpatel
Baller

May 23, '16, 2:13am

I read and watched quite a few videos over the weekend, breaking down the footage and news that we saw. The large majority is all positive, although it's clear that this game has a long way to go.

Graphically there are some elements that need a lot of work. Some of the textures outside of the asphalt need a lot of work, especially at the Nurburgring. The new circuit around Tokyo needs all the track decoration that we would normally see around the Rome circuit (sponsor advertising, crowds, trees etc).

There's a new Thrustmaster Gran Turismo branded wheel/pedal set. It features some very nice button, dials and analogue sticks. Although the base casing is new, I believe that the internals are the same as the T300 set. We haven't seen the pedals on offer, I'll be surprised if they ship with the premium T3PA set. I have the stock two pedal set with my wheel and they do the job and until they have a pedal set with a clutch bite point and progression, two pedals is fine with me.

JRV
Baller

May 25, '16, 9:01pm

I hope it is good, but I don't think for me it will ever hit the magic that was GT3, that game was just special to me, but I think it had more to when it came out then anything else. I do hope that is is really awesome and figure at worse it will be really good.

vitzpatel
Baller

May 26, '16, 7:16am

A word of warning regarding your Sportmaship points/Driver Safety rating.

Kazanori Yamauchi was quotes (via his trusty translator-san), that effectively if another driver crashes into you during a race, you'll both get a penalty towards your driver rating - regardless of who's fault it was.

There will be people in lobbies who don't give a hoot about their rating and will not think twice about bashing people off the circuit. These people are exactly the reason why I don't race online. I believe that while there are a healthy amount of single player events, it won't be the full gamut of races that you would find in previous GT games.

One solution is to hope for is that this safety racing applies to the single player aspect of the game too and you need to have completed a set amount of events and have a high enough safety rating to be 'granted' online play.

CinciBoiler
Baller

May 26, '16, 7:22am

vitzpatel wrote:A word of warning regarding your Sportmaship points/Driver Safety rating.

Kazanori Yamauchi was quotes (via his trusty translator-san), that effectively if another driver crashes into you during a race, you'll both get a penalty towards your driver rating - regardless of who's fault it was.

There will be people in lobbies who don't give a hoot about their rating and will not think twice about bashing people off the circuit. These people are exactly the reason why I don't race online. I believe that while there are a healthy amount of single player events, it won't be the full gamut of races that you would find in previous GT games.

One solution is to hope for is that this safety racing applies to the single player aspect of the game too and you need to have completed a set amount of events and have a high enough safety rating to be 'granted' online play.

I was wondering how that driver safety rating would work as far as the single player options go. Unfortunately, it seems like the more and more I hear about this game, the more and more I get the feeling its much more focused on online multiplayer and the single player element almost seems like an afterthought. I hope I'm wrong. If not, I hope its still a great game, but it just might not be for me.

vitzpatel
Baller

May 26, '16, 7:33am

CinciBoiler wrote:
vitzpatel wrote:A word of warning regarding your Sportmaship points/Driver Safety rating.

I was wondering how that driver safety rating would work as far as the single player options go. Unfortunately, it seems like the more and more I hear about this game, the more and more I get the feeling its much more focused on online multiplayer and the single player element almost seems like an afterthought. I hope I'm wrong. If not, I hope its still a great game, but it just might not be for me.

We're in the same boat my friend. Hopefully we'll here some more news break/leak over this weekend as Kaz is racing at the Nurburgring 24 Hour race (in a BMW M6 GT3) and is bound to be hounded with questions

rukamir
Pure One
XBL: rukamir
PSN: rukamir
Steam: pyrexonflame

May 27, '16, 10:14am

I am always excited for GT and Forza games. This time around I. Leaning more towards GT because of the FIA races even bought a G27(?) With H shifter to compete. The video they released looks good just can't wait to get my own hands on it.

I am delighted to hear they are going to focus on a smaller number of cars. Felt like a lot of crap on 5 and 6.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Return to “PlayStation”