vitzpatel
Baller
PSN: vitz1985

Gran Turismo Sport | Discussion

Jan 11, '18, 1:11am

danman31 wrote:Yeah, the win the race from behind trope in racing games got really old a long time ago. Few games have handled actually racing (waiting to make a pass when the opportunity is there, defending from a pass) well. Project Cars does it well, but the handling in that game drove me a bit nuts (I haven't played the sequel yet).

I've banged on about Project Cars 2 initial handling problems for far too long now (it broke my damn heart how bad it was out of the box), it's better now - just as the original was after Patch 10.0 (providing you adjust the SOP and Physics sliders for each car before you ran)

I haven't gone back to PCars2 after winning the IndyCars series. When I've done all of the GT League events in Sport - I'll go back and see what it's like now Patch 3.0 is out.

Edit - The rubber banding in GT Sport is nothing short of egregious. Docile and calm as Hindu cows as you work your way up to the leaders within a lap or two, then you pass the leader and extended a five second lead. All of a sudden they remember how to drive and start setting fastest lap times 1.5 seconds ahead of your best time. Then you have to defend like crazy as they try to ram you off the track, or use you as a brake.

I've had a few races in the GT League where I've won by 0.100 because they've been right on my tail after being five seconds down the road a few laps before.
psn: vitz1985 | twitter: @vitzpatel | random ramblings: @vitzpatel on Medium

vitzpatel
Baller
PSN: vitz1985

Gran Turismo Sport | Discussion

Jan 15, '18, 1:33am

Apologies for the double post, but they are separated by a number of days.

I've found that if you use an lower tier car in GT League (i.e. enter a N400 car into a N500 race series), the competition won't do that thing where they suddenly develop a million more horsepower as soon as you take the lead.

Plus you'll get a 20% handicap bonus. Tie that in with a 50% clean race bonus because the competition races (well I was about to say cleanly, but they are docile mobile chicanes so I'll go with) less fiercely than usual and you'll be racking up credits and experience points in no time.
psn: vitz1985 | twitter: @vitzpatel | random ramblings: @vitzpatel on Medium

Return to “PlayStation”