SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Gran Turismo Sport | Discussion

Aug 30, '16, 6:51am

To me, Sony needs to have a discussion with Poly. They let Evolution go, which debatably right now had a stronger racing game than Poly has released since GT 4, and Driveclub honestly has/had amazing future potential if given time and resources to play with. We're in a landscape where being "good" at making racing games does nothing anymore; a pretty racing game goes nowhere now, because they all look gorgeous. That is why games like Project CARS and Forza are running the table; Forza is constantly one-upping itself with Horizon and Motorsport in terms of not only game engine, sound, and design, but also maps created and overall content. Poly means alot to me, GT is a franchise I love dearly but they need to reevaluate where they are now in this gaming landscape; they are not the leaders in racing games, they haven't been for years. They need to fix the sound in their games, such as the tires and engines, they need a little more content then they have announced so far, but these all pale in comparison to the biggest blemish: damage. Why GT hasn't introduced damage to vehicles in a meaningful way yet is beyond me.

This rant is coming from a place of love, don't get that twisted. GT and Poly are extremely dear to me, growing up playing GT 1 and 2 with my friends, doing the career modes and whatnot. But GT has fallen hard the last few years, and they have no excuse making the quality of games they make with how much time they take to make them. So let this delay actually be a hefty one in my mind, because they need to make GT relevant again, and what better way to do that then to address every concern possible while also making the first GT VR experience. I will wait patiently, and hope that Poly will prove me right: that they still have a few tricks up their sleeves. portilloX

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Aug 30, '16, 6:57am

HavokX wrote:Looks like The Last Guardian will be the first post launch first party game that actually gets released

Is Second Son considered launch?

vitzpatel
Baller
PSN: vitz1985

Re: Gran Turismo Sport | Discussion

Aug 30, '16, 7:46am

CinciBoiler wrote:Its Gran Turismo...delaying the release date is a time honored tradition for Polyphony Digital. I would've been more surprised if there WASN'T a delay.

That's true, how we dream of the days where GT6 was announced at Gamescom 2013 and was out that year!

One-Shot wrote:Don't really care for this game, but come on Sony. It's just pathetic now that we can't trust the release dates of anything they give.

I think that is the most salient point. I wonder if every conference will be like E3 with (almost no dates given). I'd prefer that, actually I prefer if they just kept quiet until they know the game is a few months from being out and then announce it!
psn: vitz1985 | twitter: @vitzpatel | random ramblings: @vitzpatel on Medium

HavokX
Shadow Boxer
PSN: Havok83

Aug 30, '16, 7:48am

Chaz wrote:
HavokX wrote:Looks like The Last Guardian will be the first post launch first party game that actually gets released

Is Second Son considered launch?

It came out in 2014. That's definitely not launch. It was supposed to be launch though but got delayed

CinciBoiler
Baller
PSN: Izzyrules

Aug 30, '16, 7:50am

vitzpatel wrote:
CinciBoiler wrote:Its Gran Turismo...delaying the release date is a time honored tradition for Polyphony Digital. I would've been more surprised if there WASN'T a delay.

That's true, how we dream of the days where GT6 was announced at Gamescom 2013 and was out that year!

And you could argue that's the one they should've pushed back, so they could've released it on PS3 and PS4.
Twitter: CinciBoiler

vitzpatel
Baller

Aug 30, '16, 8:48am

CinciBoiler wrote:And you could argue that's the one they should've pushed back, so they could've released it on PS3 and PS4.

That's true, it was great for me as I was still on PS3 at that point - but I understand the vitriol around why it wasn't ported to PS4.

As you say, we've got the full GT experience with this delay, what alarms me the most is that they haven't said a date for 2017. I understand not giving a new date unless you're positive you're going to to make it, but it doesn't help speculation spin wildly out control.

Vane
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SorryWeAre0_o

Aug 30, '16, 8:52am

vitzpatel wrote:What alarms me the most is that they haven't said a date for 2017. I understand not giving a new date unless you're positive you're going to to make it, but it doesn't help speculation spin wildly out control.

I think that's better than missing another date. They said at the end of the post that it will continue to shown at gaming events, probably hear something at TGS or PSX.

CinciBoiler
Baller

Aug 30, '16, 9:04am

SorryWeAre0_o wrote:
vitzpatel wrote:What alarms me the most is that they haven't said a date for 2017. I understand not giving a new date unless you're positive you're going to to make it, but it doesn't help speculation spin wildly out control.

I think that's better than missing another date. They said at the end of the post that it will continue to shown at gaming events, probably hear something at TGS or PSX.

Agreed, I'd rather they just not give any date for right now. This doesn't seem like a "we need another month or so of polish" delay, so at that point don't even bother with giving a new date.
Twitter: CinciBoiler

Transfigurations
Seducer

Aug 30, '16, 9:50am

vitzpatel wrote:As you say, we've got the full GT experience with this delay, what alarms me the most is that they haven't said a date for 2017. I understand not giving a new date unless you're positive you're going to to make it, but it doesn't help speculation spin wildly out control.

Even when Poly gives a definitive date, they can still delay it. When GT5 was coming out, that game went through about 3-4 major delays, and they finally gave it a definitive date of when it was supposed to come out. I bought a PS3 about 2 months before it was supposed to release, and about 3 weeks before the game was supposed to launch, they delayed it for about another 4 months. lol

I still think GT5 was the biggest disappointment I've ever had in gaming. The reason why I bought a PS3, and after all the delays, the game was so lackluster compared to the Forza series. I hope Sport is fun, cause it's the game that'll make me get a PS4. But I'm waiting for reviews first. I learned my lesson with GT5/6 and GT Portable(the reason why I bought a PSP). GT3 is still the last great GT game in the series.

Brotherhood93
Greg's Ego
PSN: M_O_T1919

Aug 30, '16, 10:00am

A delay doesn't bother me too much because there's so much other stuff coming out this year but I haven't played a current-gen racing game apart from that Driveclub PS+ edition so it's still disappointing. It's clear why Sony didn't give dates for anything at E3 this year though, their track record for hitting dates has been nothing short of atrocious the last few years.

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Aug 30, '16, 10:47am

Brotherhood93 wrote:A delay doesn't bother me too much because there's so much other stuff coming out this year but I haven't played a current-gen racing game apart from that Driveclub PS+ edition so it's still disappointing. It's clear why Sony didn't give dates for anything at E3 this year though, their track record for hitting dates has been nothing short of atrocious the last few years.

Sad but true. It's better they just announce games, no dates, and wait until the game is basically gold. It'll suck not knowing when stuff is officially coming out, but removal of expectations would be nice.

ROFL
Producer

Aug 30, '16, 2:14pm

ARRRGH!

This was basically the only killer app that I was really interested in, especially for VR support.

vitzpatel
Baller

Aug 31, '16, 5:56am

Brotherhood93 wrote:A delay doesn't bother me too much because there's so much other stuff coming out this year but I haven't played a current-gen racing game apart from that Driveclub PS+ edition so it's still disappointing. It's clear why Sony didn't give dates for anything at E3 this year though, their track record for hitting dates has been nothing short of atrocious the last few years.

I think you'd really like Project Cars. It has some serious issues but those have been patched out now and the Game of the Year Edition can be found pretty cheap. You do have to refer to a spreadsheet to dial in correct physics setting for each car, the the Project Cars community have been brilliant and providing those.

The only reason I stopped playing Project Cars is that they asked me to race LMP1 cars around Monaco...a futile exercise.

picko19
Unsung Hero

Sep 01, '16, 1:03pm

I was really looking forward to GT Sport. Shame its been delayed, guess I will pick up f1 2016 for now.

stratogustav
Baller
Position/Title: Contributor at CGR
XBL: stratogustav
PSN: stratogustav
Steam: stratogustav

Sep 03, '16, 8:30pm

Lots of great racers, Driveclub, Project Cars, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, all the F1 games, and now GT Sport. It couldn't be better.

I'm planning to get a F1 PlaySeat to use with PS VR along with the Thrusmaster VG T300 with the F1 Wheel Add-On. These are great times for racing enthusiasts like me.

Also remember GT Sport will allow users to get an actual racer license through the game that you can use in real life.

I'm already getting my little brother pump up.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

vitzpatel
Baller

Sep 05, '16, 1:23am

Thrustmaster T300 is a great wheel base. I'm looking forward to using PSVR to go racing, just hope the consoles are up snuff to produce essentially 120fps to get a smooth 60fps during gameplay.

Haven't upgraded the stock pedals yet to the T3PA, but that will come in time. The stock pedals do the job for now.

Tardis1982
Baller

Sep 05, '16, 5:35am

So is this a real game or a demo for GT7?
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

stratogustav
Baller

Sep 05, '16, 10:57am

Tardis1982 wrote:So is this a real game or a demo for GT7?

Not putting the 7 on the title makes it sound like a spin-off. However it is still big enough considering they're issuing real life racer licenses with the game, plus the PS VR compatibility.

In the past, prequels have always been called Prologues, so I would say this is a spin-off, not the real 7, but I could be wrong and they could be considering this 7. We will just have to see.

stratogustav
Baller

Sep 12, '16, 12:27am

I guess that gives people some time to get PS VR considering it is sold out for the first shipment.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Return to “PlayStation”