ShabeRaven
Best Friend
XBL: ShabeRaven
PSN: ShabeRaven
NNID: ShabeRaven
Steam: ShabeRaven

The great Kinda Funny Gamerscore off!! (Assuming this hasn't been done before)

Aug 10, '17, 10:11pm

Hey Xbox best friends,

With all the talk of changes coming to Achievements and our minority status in the Kinda Funny community, I thought it might be fun to find out which best friend has the highest Gamerscore and total number of completed games. Essentially, who is Xbox Greggy!?

Now I know that it is much harder to know how many completed games you have on Xbox since there isn't a Platinum Achievemet (let's all hope that is part of the refresh they're talking about), but I'm assuming that if you are an Xbox Greggy, then you know how many games you've gotten all the 'cheevos in.

So, I guess it's only fair that I start it off. Let me hit you with the digits (Anyone remember when they tried to reboot Star Search with Arsino Hall hosting and that was his catch phrase? Eh? Anyone? How'd that tumbleweed get in here?):

Current Gamerscore: 135,435
"Platinum Achievement" Games: 64

I should point out that I care so much about Achievements that it has not only ruined playing some games for me (I can't bring myself to continue playing Breath of the Wild on my Switch because how does that help my Gamerscore?) but whenever I unlock a new Achievement I go to the Xbox website and download the artwork for said Achievement to put in a folder that acts not only as the wallpaper for my home PC, but my PC at work as well. Plus I have a pretty extensive spreadsheet that I keep track of everything on. Let's just say I'm one of those people that a major change to the system could greatly effect.

Anyway, I could (obviously) ramble on about Achievements for hours, so before I do, let's see your scores and completions!

Jump In!

Shawn
ShabeRaven

P.S. my apologies if there was already a thread similar to this one, but I couldn't find any.
Last edited by ShabeRaven on Aug 11, '17, 7:27am, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube.com/ShabeRaven

BasicExp
Seducer
XBL: BasicExp

Re: The great Kinda Funny Gamerscore off!! (Assuming this hasn't been done before)

Aug 10, '17, 11:36pm

This has in fact been done in the past, but a revitalization of the idea is welcomed with enthusiasm as far as I am concerned (as someone who won numerous months). You current total Gamer Score crushes mine but I have been adding to my humble five digit score steadily over the last two or so years.

My current score is 30415

I honestly could not count the number of games I have finished, certainly around the same mark as you, but I have only max Gamer Scored one game. I have always been more of trying a bunch of everything than dedicating a lot of time to the achievement grind, and even when I do spend an excessive amount of time in one game, I tend not to look to get every achievement.

I have a great deal of respect for the gamers who do somehow manage to get them all, it seems a daunting task.
Regards,

Dustin "Basic"

B.A. Political Studies
Computer Systems Technologist
BasicExp.com

ShabeRaven
Best Friend
XBL: ShabeRaven
PSN: ShabeRaven
NNID: ShabeRaven
Steam: ShabeRaven

The great Kinda Funny Gamerscore off!! (Assuming this hasn't been done before)

Aug 11, '17, 1:40am

I suppose I should clarify that when I say completed games, that means getting all Achievements in it, not just beating the game. So for me I'd have 64 "Platinum Achievements" if that were a thing.

I will admit though, one of those was that Xbox Live test where you had to leave your 360 on for 24 hours or whatever it was, and one is the Xbox One Day One Edition Achievement. Still more prestigious then The My Name is Mayo Platinum Trophies (which I also have because Trophies aren't as sacred to me, and by that I mean I'll never get the 1000GS for Avatar).
YouTube.com/ShabeRaven

BasicExp
Seducer
XBL: BasicExp

Re: The great Kinda Funny Gamerscore off!! (Assuming this hasn't been done before)

Aug 11, '17, 4:15am

Sorry to say that I am out if that is the case, hopefully there are a few more hardcore achievement hunters on here, but I for one just cannot muster that level of dedication to achievements. You've done something I do not think I likely ever will be able to.
Regards,

Dustin "Basic"

B.A. Political Studies
Computer Systems Technologist
BasicExp.com

BuffArms
Baller

Aug 23, '17, 3:34pm

G: 1265
Platinums 0
Level 10 on Steam
4210 Origin Points
Never owned a Nintendo
Did Own a Sega Dreamcast.
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

Return to “Xbox”