II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Possible New Achievement System Revealed

Jan 10, '18, 6:11am

Microsoft is prepping a new achievement system called "Careers" to sit alongside the current system, according to a report by Windows Central.

The new system is to compensate for how achievements emphasize playing a wide breadth of games versus players who want to play one game for a long period of time. Careers are designed to give you goals to hit in the game you're playing instead of getting your 1000 points and moving on.

Microsoft hasn't confirmed the plan, but Windows Central reports that they are actively committing resources to it. The new system should take the form of a level-based progression system, similar to the PlayStation trophy system, and give avatar loot crates away as rewards for doing well.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... x-one.aspx

I’m currently a Playstation player, so achievements don’t appeal to me that much. I do have an Xbox One and 360, but I rarely play new games on them. However I do like the way this sounds. Right now this is only a rumor, but it seems pretty legit. Hopefully this will come to fruition. I’d like to see what it’s all actually about, and how it will compare to PlayStation’s trophy system.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

REYM3R
Producer
Position/Title: Producer/Seducer
XBL: REYM3R
PSN: TheOnlyREYM3R

Re: Possible New Achievement System Revealed

Jan 10, '18, 8:13am

I don’t like how they’re calling it Careers. Makes it sound to much like work. Could have called it Milestones or something at least to make it seem fun.
TheReymMachine
Balor Club 4 Life

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Jan 10, '18, 8:24am

REYM3R wrote:I don’t like how they’re calling it Careers. Makes it sound to much like work. Could have called it Milestones or something at least to make it seem fun.

I think it’s a fitting name. If it’s going to focus on those who spend a lot of time on one game, using the word career seems appropriate. But Milestones wouldn’t have been a bad name either. Career sounds more dedicated, and some people are very dedicated to games like Overwatch and Cod. I’m not sure how it will pan out for other games that are more single player focused without huge worlds.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

Bake1986
Producer

Jan 14, '18, 12:41am

And what loveable components are rumoured to be involved with this I hear you ask?

LOOTCRATES!!!

I liked the sound of it until that.

FallenVega8K
Unsung Hero

Possible New Achievement System Revealed

Jan 14, '18, 12:49am

If it's true about getting minor things for your Avatar as a reward then that's super cool. Why not give something back to us who game and game and aim for 100% everything.
Like it's pretty clear that people really care about Trophies/Achievements and I am also in that group. I mean it's no different then studying for a test and you get A+ the first thing you wanna do is show it off. So if I can showcase that I got an item for 100% a game that's super neat.

Return to “Xbox”