shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer
XBL: shanest88
PSN: shanethesaint88

Xbox One X New UI?

Jun 14, '17, 10:33am

Does anyone think they will release a new UI with the release of the X? Either on all the Xbox One consoles or just on the X exclusively. Look, I love Xbox. I enjoy my Xbox One S and am super excited for the X but...the UI is garbage. Utter trash. I've noticed it most recently after playing my PS4 Pro for a while and going back to the Xbox. I've been playing all the Assassin Creed on PS4 and after E3 I decided I wanted to play my Xbox for a while (conference got me excited about Xbox.) So anyway, I purchase all the games I don't have on Xbox and get them downloading. I fire up the console and I'm met with this garbage ass UI that somehow recently they made worse. Now when you hit the home button you have to bring up a quick menu and then press home on the menu to go home. Why would they add they extra step? Then you gotta either go into another menu to get to your games. Or scroll all the way down to find your pinned games. Finding achievements or settings or the going to the store is complicated and dumb lol So please for the love of god I hope they release a new UI with the new X. Do you all think they will? And do you guys like the Xbox One UI? I'd be interested to hear your opinion

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Xbox One X New UI?

Jun 14, '17, 2:27pm

As you alluded to, the UI was just updated, what, a couple months ago? I expect them to give the UI a refresher with their annual Fall Update in preparation for the One X, but I don't expect it to be a massive overhaul.

As for my opinion on the UI, I honestly don't like either console's, but the PS4 is much easier to navigate and behaves more like you'd expect it to. Stuff like the home button weirdness like you mentioned makes navigating a chore. Even getting to the store takes way too many clicks. And then there's the issue of download speeds being much slower on Xbox, but I don't think that's a hardware issue per se.

KFlo
Unsung Hero
XBL: Brabinski
PSN: Brabinski

Re: Xbox One X New UI?

Jun 14, '17, 3:06pm

Lol the Xbox UI used to be worse. But yeah I'm not a fan of it. I prefer the simplicity of PS4's. However my download speeds are faster on my Xbox than my PS4.

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer

Xbox One X New UI?

Jun 14, '17, 3:31pm

MannySJ wrote:As you alluded to, the UI was just updated, what, a couple months ago? I expect them to give the UI a refresher with their annual Fall Update in preparation for the One X, but I don't expect it to be a massive overhaul.

As for my opinion on the UI, I honestly don't like either console's, but the PS4 is much easier to navigate and behaves more like you'd expect it to. Stuff like the home button weirdness like you mentioned makes navigating a chore. Even getting to the store takes way too many clicks. And then there's the issue of download speeds being much slower on Xbox, but I don't think that's a hardware issue per se.

Yea that's true they did just update it. And my downloads are actually much faster on Xbox than PS4

BuffArms
Baller

Jun 14, '17, 7:40pm

That's probably just the wifi level in it. One S and PS4 Pro have Wireless AC, while the earlier ones only have the Wireless N that was available at the time. I think the new slim has it too, but I remember seeing some stories complaining about it not working.

For me I would like them to update the XBox UI. I actually like it better than the PS one, because the PS one makes you open a sub menu to find the streaming video apps, while the XBox lets you pin what you want on home. But then the Xbox makes it weird to open your games list or get to the store, and its slower (but that might be partially because my PS4 is the Pro).
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

BasicExp
Seducer
XBL: BasicExp

Jun 14, '17, 10:34pm

Although things could always use improving, and striving for a better UX is always the goal, it is unlikely we will see a new UI in November. There will be tweaks, there always are, but something brand new seems a bit much.
Regards,

Dustin "Basic"

B.A. Political Studies
Computer Systems Technologist
BasicExp.com

turbowulf
Pure One

Jun 15, '17, 12:17am

Bring back the blades!

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer

Jun 15, '17, 4:35am

Mike Ybarra replied to someone on Twitter last night saying that the UI not The S and the X will be the same but they will be different from what you see today. So there goes my answer I guess lol that gives me some hope

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Xbox One X New UI?

Jun 15, '17, 7:30am

I was watching the Giant Bomb Live Show last night and they had Phil Spencer on during their first segment. During his conversation I'm pretty sure he said that they were polishing up the system's UI. Seems to me like there will be something a little different on the X? Hard to say.

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer

Xbox One X New UI?

Jun 15, '17, 7:34am

nicktorious_BLT wrote:I was watching the Giant Bomb Live Show last night and they had Phil Spencer on during their first segment. During his conversation I'm pretty sure he said that they were polishing up the system's UI. Seems to me like there will be something a little different on the X? Hard to say.

I've seen different things floating around. I personally think that Mike Ybarras tweets last night are probably correct in that they will be the same UI across the family of systems but they will update it or possibly have a semi new UI to launch with the X

FallenVega8K
Pure One

Xbox One X New UI?

Jun 15, '17, 8:10am

Man, this is the only killer for me and what makes me not use my Xbox as much as I should. The UI is horrible to use .

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Jul 02, '17, 7:27am

So long as they simplify and go away from the current UI. Might not be a bad idea to somehow try and modernize the blades UI system; that was quick and easy functioning for me on the 360.

MR PAPPAGIORGIO
Pure One
XBL: MR PAPPAG1ORG1O
PSN: tHeRk1981

Jul 02, '17, 7:54am

Maybe its just the old curmudgeon in me, but damned if I don't miss the blades interface :p

I really am not a big fan of the current setup for the XBOX UI, and I'm a longtime XBOX guy. I really was hoping for Scorpio to be a "NEW" console with a new interface. After E3, and as big a deal as they made about Scorpio last year, it just makes me wonder what their plan is? I mean, a high end console for those that want one? That's not going to move a ton of units, definitely sounds more like an incremental strategy than anything. Overall disappointing.

I put a dollar in, I got a car.
I put a dollar in, I got a car!

MR PAPPAGIORGIO
Pure One
XBL: MR PAPPAG1ORG1O
PSN: tHeRk1981

Jul 02, '17, 7:55am

SonofMar wrote:So long as they simplify and go away from the current UI. Might not be a bad idea to somehow try and modernize the blades UI system; that was quick and easy functioning for me on the 360.

Yaaaaaaasssssss!!!!!!!!!

I put a dollar in, I got a car!

Tardis1982
Baller

Xbox One X New UI?

Jul 05, '17, 6:44am

I hope so The UI on the S is the worst I have ever seen. If you hit down in the store it takes literally 5 seconds to scroll down. I am waiting to see if this is improved drastically on the X or I won't get one.

I don't get it how hard could it possibly be to have the UI run smooth?
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Jul 05, '17, 9:08am

I hope so, the Xbox UI right now sucks.

Like the fucking blades from the 360 were better than the shit they have now.

BatManLee
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Xbox One X New UI?

Jul 18, '17, 10:32am

yea I really hope so cause it could use a upgrade I'm not terriably mad at the UI we have now but it could always use improvments.

Return to “Xbox”