Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Jumping Into The Xbox Ecosystem

Jul 09, '17, 3:23pm

The stars aligned, hell froze over, and I bought an Xbox One S. This is my first Microsoft console so I have a lot of questions. :destinconcern:

How is Xbox Live different from PSN? What accessories are worth the money? What exclusives are worth buying?

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

BuffArms
Baller

Re: Jumping Into The Xbox Ecosystem

Jul 09, '17, 6:17pm

If you are using it as a media device, which I do and its pretty great as (4k HDR Netflix, 4k HDR Amazon, 4k HDR Bluray, Cable Input with own On screen guide, IR Blaster, Dolby Atmos decoding...), then I suggest getting the media remote. It feels great in the hand and doesnt turn off like the controllers do. Im not sure what kind of plastic they use, but it feels so much better than any other remote I have. Its like soft but not soft. Either way Amazon sells it for like $20.
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Jul 10, '17, 4:49am

You have to play Sunset Overdrive. The fact that the game didn't do better is just depressing. The game is soooooooooo good

AirMcLaren
Greg's Ego
PSN: AirMcLaren

Jul 10, '17, 9:06am

ew why
Twitter: @thechrismclaren
Battle.net: AirMcLaren#1687
Discord: AirMcLaren#6427

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Jul 10, '17, 9:17am

Best games to buy on Xbox one
Halo Collection
Rare Collection
Forza Horizons 2 and 3
Gears Remaster and Gears 4
Halo Wars 1 and 2
Sunset Overdrive
Titainfall One
Ryse

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

Jul 10, '17, 9:32am

AirMcLaren wrote:ew why

Because Gamestop paid for it. portilloKevin And because Forza Horizon 2 & 3 exist.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

AirMcLaren
Greg's Ego

Jul 10, '17, 9:35am

Raging Light wrote:Because Gamestop paid for it.

Oh yeah! The fruits of your labor! Congrats!
Twitter: @thechrismclaren
Battle.net: AirMcLaren#1687
Discord: AirMcLaren#6427

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Jul 10, '17, 9:53am

Chaz wrote:You have to play Sunset Overdrive. The fact that the game didn't do better is just depressing. The game is soooooooooo good

This portilloDismissed

JerrodDRagon wrote:Best games to buy on Xbox one
Titainfall One

Lol why would he buy Titanfall 1 now?
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

Jul 10, '17, 10:25am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:
Chaz wrote:You have to play Sunset Overdrive. The fact that the game didn't do better is just depressing. The game is soooooooooo good

This portilloDismissed

JerrodDRagon wrote:Best games to buy on Xbox one
Titainfall One

Lol why would he buy Titanfall 1 now?

Why not?

I prefer it over the new game....I like the map design and unlock stuff better. I'm going to try to jump back into Titainfall 2 after all the patches...but I played the first game like 50+ hours and the new one under 20

Or he could get EA access and play most of EA's "older games"

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Jul 10, '17, 10:38am

JerrodDRagon wrote:I prefer it over the new game....I like the map design and unlock stuff better. I'm going to try to jump back into Titainfall 2 after all the patches...but I played the first game like 50+ hours and the new one under 20

I wouldn't agree with that. But opinions aside, are there even enough people playing the first one? In general that game's player base disappeared pretty quickly, and with the second game out I'd imagine almost nobody is playing it.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums

Jul 10, '17, 11:11am

II GTA FREEK II wrote:
JerrodDRagon wrote:I prefer it over the new game....I like the map design and unlock stuff better. I'm going to try to jump back into Titainfall 2 after all the patches...but I played the first game like 50+ hours and the new one under 20

I wouldn't agree with that. But opinions aside, are there even enough people playing the first one? In general that game's player base disappeared pretty quickly, and with the second game out I'd imagine almost nobody is playing it.

Its free on EA access so I'm sure it has someone on there

BasicExp
Seducer
XBL: BasicExp

Jul 10, '17, 1:23pm

I would also recommend Ori and the Blind Forest as a must play game for the system and Recore if you can grab it on sale.

Also, welcome to Xbox brosif! There are differences between the PSN and Xbox Live but you will learn them all fairly fluidly, the system is not unintuitive. The only must have accessory I recommend is an external hard drove which is Plug and Play, no fancy setup required.
Regards,

Dustin "Basic"

B.A. Political Studies
Computer Systems Technologist
BasicExp.com

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Jul 10, '17, 3:21pm

Might I suggest our handy dandy Xbox One Master Thread? portilloPure1

Download the Xbox app onto your phone. You can control your system through your smartphone, which is actually really helpful for watching media. On that note, if a PS4 is your primary media player, I'd strongly advise to switch over to Xbox. They have a lot more apps and the streaming quality is just better overall in my experience. The UI is better on PS4, but that's a small price to pay for the picture clarity.

Other than that, there's not a whole lot on the accessories front that I'd recommend. A lot of people are really into the Elite Controller, but I never found the need to pony up the $150 for it, so I can't speak on that myself.

Xbox Live is pretty much PlayStation Plus in every way. The major exception is that the 360 games you get every month are backwards compatible and can be played on Xbox One.

As for exclusives, people have already mentioned them, but Sunset Overdrive and Ori and the Blind Forest are the two that speak out to me immediately.

Vices_9
Seducer
PSN: Vices_9

Aug 25, '17, 12:57am

I'm thinking of jumping into the Xbox ecosystem either this holdiday season or next year. I'm getting an Xbox One S. really don't want to spend $500 on the X even though I have a 4K tv and PS4Pro.

Here's the lineup I was thinking of getting:

Gears of War 4
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Ori and the Blind Forest
Cuphead
Halo Wars 2

When they come out I'm looking forward to:

State of Decay 2
Ashen
Sea of Thieves
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Anyone think it's worth it or have additional suggestions? I was really looking forward to Scalebound before it got cancelled. I'm not really into racing games or Halo proper (I was happily done after 3, 4 kinda let me down, but that's okay I still respect it). I'm very familiar with the PlayStation ecosystem but Xbox is basically a whole new animal for me.

BasicExp
Seducer
XBL: BasicExp

Aug 25, '17, 2:51am

Vices_9 wrote:I'm thinking of jumping into the Xbox ecosystem either this holdiday season or next year. I'm getting an Xbox One S. really don't want to spend $500 on the X even though I have a 4K tv and PS4Pro.

Here's the lineup I was thinking of getting:

Gears of War 4
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Ori and the Blind Forest
Cuphead
Halo Wars 2

When they come out I'm looking forward to:

State of Decay 2
Ashen
Sea of Thieves
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Anyone think it's worth it or have additional suggestions? I was really looking forward to Scalebound before it got cancelled. I'm not really into racing games or Halo proper (I was happily done after 3, 4 kinda let me down, but that's okay I still respect it). I'm very familiar with the PlayStation ecosystem but Xbox is basically a whole new animal for me.

That Looks like as good a starting list as you can have, I always recommend people grab Ryse as I feel it also slid under the radar. It is a really awesome game with a fantastic little story!

P.S. Welcome to the family :)
Regards,

Dustin "Basic"

B.A. Political Studies
Computer Systems Technologist
BasicExp.com

KFlo
Unsung Hero
XBL: Brabinski
PSN: Brabinski

Aug 25, '17, 2:37pm

If you're looking forward to state of decay 2 I'd definitely check out the first one. You can probably get it on the cheap now.

channelocho
Unsung Hero
XBL: Channelocho86
PSN: ChannelOcho

Aug 25, '17, 5:59pm

I would throw my hat behind giving Sunset Overdrive a play. Might be one of my favourite games of this generation and one of its most underrated.

Uncle Chunt
Best Friend
Position/Title: Chuntiest Above All
XBL: Uncle Chunt

Aug 26, '17, 11:51pm

Personally I love the Xbox ecosystem. I have Groove Music. Xbox Live. Not Game Pass yet. One Drive. Hell if WinPhones actually had every app I use on my Android I'd make the switch to a WinPhone again as I enjoyed the experience. I just feel like it has everything I need with Xbox. The UI, related services, exclusives I'm interested and commited to and Xbox support. Never looked back once since the OG Xbox days.

JokerRoyalty
Best Friend
Position/Title: no
XBL: JokerRoyalty
PSN: JokerRoyalty
NNID: JokerRoyalty

Sep 10, '17, 9:20pm

I would get sunset overdrive , ori and the blind forest, ryse, and don't forget that Xbox has backwards compatibility

Return to “Xbox”