BuffArms
Baller

XBox UI Overhaul 2017 Edition

Aug 07, '17, 4:56pm

https://youtu.be/VeA2FmPT7xk

Major Nelson shared the new UI that is coming out soon, and will be available for the alpha ring testers today. It appears SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH faster than the current UI from the video. Looks great too. Super excited. PogChamp PogChamp PogChamp PogChamp PogChamp PogChamp PogChamp

It looks even faster than my PS4 Pro's UI in some ways, which is just amazing.

Unless they are running that demo on XBox One X, and it wont be as fast on my S. FeelsBadMan
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer
XBL: shanest88
PSN: shanethesaint88

Re: XBox UI Overhaul 2017 Edition

Aug 07, '17, 9:46pm

Awesome! Was hoping they would re-do the UI, and looks like they are doing a great job at it. That UI looks snappy, fast, and different. I love that you can customize your home page too. For me all ill have is the most recently played tab and the pins tab. I want it slick clean and minimal. The one they have now seems so cluddered and it's jarring going from the slick PS4 one to that. And I hope it goes even faster on The X. either way I'm looking forward to this

BasicExp
Seducer
XBL: BasicExp

Aug 07, '17, 11:12pm

I will totally eat my words on this one, I was sure they were not going to redo the UI and release new hardware in the same fall but I was clearly wrong and should have been more optimistic.

It looks absolutely amazing, the content block idea is just a clever and much needed change. I am excited to grab the few people I check in all the time and just be able to see what they are up and quickly join up with them at the drop of a hat.

A note on the performance, safe to say that, what we saw was running on an Xbox One X, as will everything we see going forward. Just keep this in mind when you are setting your expectations for how it will run for you.
Regards,

Dustin "Basic"

B.A. Political Studies
Computer Systems Technologist
BasicExp.com

BuffArms
Baller

Aug 08, '17, 9:39am

Im going to figure out how to become a fast ring alpha tester and see for myself.
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

SonofMar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: SonofMar

Aug 08, '17, 12:51pm

Damn that looks sleek, and fluid as all hell. This will compliment the X really well.

Wiskysin
Shadow Boxer
XBL: Wiskysin
PSN: DoctorSyntax

XBox UI Overhaul 2017 Edition

Aug 08, '17, 9:01pm

I got mine updated today as part of the Alpha Ring of Insiders. Looks and feels great.

Love how good they are about listening to fan suggestions and implementing those features quickly.

EconomicDecline
Best Friend

Aug 10, '17, 6:14pm

I'm in the general internet consensus that the new UI/UX is an absolute shitshow. Huge amounts of wasted space, still ads I don't want to see and can't hide, suggestions I don't care about.

BasicExp
Seducer
XBL: BasicExp

Aug 11, '17, 2:50am

EconomicDecline wrote:I'm in the general internet consensus that the new UI/UX is an absolute shitshow. Huge amounts of wasted space, still ads I don't want to see and can't hide, suggestions I don't care about.

Feels pretty mixed to me, although those who do not like it are being quite loud.
Regards,

Dustin "Basic"

B.A. Political Studies
Computer Systems Technologist
BasicExp.com

Return to “Xbox”