Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Xbox One and Xbox One S | Master Thread

Oct 21, '15, 10:14pm

This thread is your go-to source for everything about the Xbox One console, accessories, and its best games.

New and existing Xbox One gamers are always asking questions about their new consoles or requesting recommendations on what games to play. This thread can answer all of those questions in one place. What's even better? The OP can adapt based on your recommendations! Feel free to share experiences and thoughts in your replies!

Xbox One S
MSRP: Starting at $299.99*
Introducing the new Xbox One S. Play the greatest games lineup, including Xbox 360 classics, on a 40% smaller console. Just don’t let its size fool you: with an internal power supply and up to 2TB of internal storage, the Xbox One S is the most advanced Xbox ever. With four times the resolution of standard HD, 4K Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-ray movies in stunning visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.

Xbox One
MSRP: $249.99*

*Please note there are numerous Xbox One bundles available, pricing may vary bundle

Bundle Includes Price
Xbox One S Launch Edition
  • 2TB Xbox One S Console
  • New Xbox One Wireless Controller
$399.99
LE Gears of War 4 Bundle
  • 2TB Crimson Omen Xbox One S Console
  • Crimson Omen New Xbox One Wireless Controller
  • Gears of War 4
  • Gears of War 4 Season Pass
$449.99
Halo Collection Bundle
  • 500GB Xbox One S Console
  • Halo 5
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
$299.99
Madden NFL 17 Bundle
  • 1TB Xbox One S Console
  • Madden NFL 17
  • One month subscription to EA Access
$349.99
Elite Console Bundle
  • 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive Xbox One Console
  • Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller
$399.99

For additional console bundles, see the official bundle page at Xbox.com.

Xbox One Wireless Controller
MSRP $59.99
Any Xbox One console/bundle purchase includes a CONTROLLER. However, it might be a good idea to have an extra controller on-hand in case a friend comes over! There are a number of different controller colors and styles available.

Xbox Design Labs
MSRP: Starting at $79.99
URL: Xbox Design Labs
Customize your own unique Xbox One Controller at Xbox Design Labs.

Elite Controller
MSRP $149.99
Reviews: IGN | Engadget | Destructoid
Swap between a variety of metal thumbsticks and D-pads for personalized control and ergonomics. Discover configurations that can improve accuracy, speed, and reach with thumbsticks of different shapes and sizes. The Xbox Elite controller adapts to your hand size and play style. You’ll experience better control whether you play FPS, racing, fighting, or other genres. The new, faceted D-pad enables easier and more reliable combo execution, while the traditional D-pad provides precise control to change weapons or call in a strike.

With the flip of the Hair Trigger Locks, you can fire more quickly and save valuable time with each trigger pull. Hair Trigger Locks stop the trigger movement after the shot and get you ready for the next one. Simply flip the switch again to get back to full-range trigger motion. Each trigger has its own Hair Trigger Lock for independent control. Within the app, you can further fine-tune trigger settings.

Kinect
MSRP $149.99
With Kinect for Xbox One, command your Xbox and TV with your voice and gestures, play games where you are the controller and make Skype calls in HD. Plus, get a token to download the newest game in the award-winning Dance Central series, Dance Central Spotlight, included with your Kinect.

Plug & Play Charge Kit
MSRP $24.99
Keep the action going with the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit. Recharge while you play or afterwards, even when your Xbox is in standby. The long-lasting rechargeable battery fully charges in under 4 hours. Say goodbye to disposable batteries and having to swap them out in the middle of a game.

Chatpad
MSRP $34.99
Compose messages to friends, enter codes, and search apps in seconds with the Xbox Chatpad. Get to your apps quickly with two programmable keys. The Chatpad plugs into your Xbox One wireless controller, putting a backlit keypad and headset audio controls right at your fingertips. It also includes a Chat Headset with 3.5mm jack, so you can plug directly into the Chatpad.

Xbox One Stereo Headset
MSRP $59.99
Immerse yourself in rich stereo sound with the Xbox One Stereo Headset. Built from the ground up by Xbox for a personal, immersive game and chat experience with rich stereo sound and clear voice capture. Comfortable fit for long gaming sessions.

Xbox One Media Remote
MSRP $24.99
Your favorite entertainment is at your fingertips with the Xbox One Media Remote. You’re in control of Blu-ray movies, streaming video, apps, TV power, and volume. Featuring backlit keys that light up automatically, and direct access to the OneGuide, this simple, powerful remote is designed to help you watch and switch instantly.

1 Year MSRP $59.99 | 3 Months MSRP $24.99 | 1 Month MSRP $9.99
With a unique player-powered reputation system, Xbox Live helps you be more in control of who you play with. Enjoy a more meaningful multiplayer experience, and get the most out of your game by avoiding cheaters. Powered by hundreds of thousands of servers, Xbox Live delivers maximum performance while reducing lag and cheating. Experience the most advanced multiplayer on a network built for speed and reliability. With more than 1 billion multiplayer matches played each month, Xbox Live is built for performance, speed, and reliability. And with ongoing service enhancements and new features, it just keeps getting better.

Get up to $700 in free* games during a year of membership with Games with Gold—worth up to $350 on Xbox One and up to $350 on Xbox 360. Plus, save up to 50–75% on games, add-ons, and more in the Xbox Store.

PSA: Retailers will occasionally sell Gold subscriptions for a discount. The most common sale is $39.99 for 1 Year. If you find a sale, feel free to purchase more than one. When redeemed to the same Xbox Live account, your subscription will "stack," extending your expiration date.
*Any content received that was "FREE" will become "disabled" upon expiration of your Gold subscription

Xbox One Backward Compatibility is here! Now you can play a growing number of your Xbox 360 games on Xbox One at no additional cost. With over 100 titles already included, and hundreds more in the months to come, Xbox One is now the best place to play your Xbox 360 games. Experience the greatest games lineup in Xbox history—exclusively on Xbox One.

Want to see if your favorite Xbox 360 game is backwards compatible with Xbox One? Check out the official list here: Xbox One Backwards Compatibility

And obviously, the most important part-- the games!

Halo 5: Guardians
Metascore: 85
Gears of War 4
Metascore: 84
Forza Horizon 3
Metascore: 91

Fallout 4
Metascore: 88
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Metascore: 86
INSIDE
Metascore: 93

The Phantom Pain
Metascore: 95
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Overwatch

Sunset Overdrive
Metascore: 81
Ori and the Blind Forest
Metascore: 88
Rare Replay
Metascore: 84

Banners courtesy of Tidal Town & KFF Creative Dept.

One-Shot
Management
Management
XBL: OneIShot
PSN: OnelShot
Steam: One-Shot

Re: Xbox One | Master Thread

Oct 22, '15, 5:40am

Should be getting my elite bundle when it comes out, very excited to finally see what XBO is all about.
"I don't know what it means to be the water man" - Colin Moriarty

AirMcLaren
Greg's Ego
PSN: AirMcLaren

Oct 22, '15, 6:33am

*clap clap clap clap*

Great OP!
PSN: AirMcLaren
Twitter: @thechrismclaren
Battle.net: AirMcLaren#1687
Discord: AirMcLaren#6427

L0yalty
Producer

Oct 22, '15, 7:40am

Good stuff. If you are just getting the Xbox One, I recommend that last row of games in Sunset Overdrive, Ori and The Blind Forest, and Rare Replay.

Anyone here getting the elite controller(outside of bundle)?

I've flip flipped so much on whether or not I should get an elite controller. I was watching IGN's unboxing and it looks so good, I also like the fact that the controller is slightly heavier. I used to leave my chat pad on my 360 controller just for the extra weight.

NateB
Unsung Hero
XBL: Nessfull
PSN: Barduson

Oct 22, '15, 9:41am

L0yalty wrote:Good stuff. If you are just getting the Xbox One, I recommend that last row of games in Sunset Overdrive, Ori and The Blind Forest, and Rare Replay.

I've flip flipped so much on whether or not I should get an elite controller. I was watching IGN's unboxing and it looks so good, I also like the fact that the controller is slightly heavier. I used to leave my chat pad on my 360 controller just for the extra weight.

Man, I want the Elite controller so much right now, but I just can't get over that $150 price point. It seems way too expensive for what you get.
"It's fine."

L0yalty
Producer

Oct 22, '15, 9:46am

NateB wrote:
L0yalty wrote:Good stuff. If you are just getting the Xbox One, I recommend that last row of games in Sunset Overdrive, Ori and The Blind Forest, and Rare Replay.

Man, I want the Elite controller so much right now, but I just can't get over that $150 price point. It seems way too expensive for what you get.

Yeah, if it were $100 I would have already pulled the trigger and ordered one.

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Oct 22, '15, 10:46am

AirMcLaren wrote:*clap clap clap clap*

Great OP!

:HotTim

L0yalty wrote:
NateB wrote:Man, I want the Elite controller so much right now, but I just can't get over that $150 price point. It seems way too expensive for what you get.

Yeah, if it were $100 I would have already pulled the trigger and ordered one.

I genuinely have a problem with paying $60 for a controller, so a $150 one is a hard pass for me.

EDIT: Reviews for the Elite controller are starting to trickle out, so I updated the OP with some of them.

One-Shot
Management
Management

Oct 22, '15, 11:46am

I am excited to use the elite controller, although I have yet to really even use a regular Xbox One controller :lol:.

Glad the reviews are very positive so far.

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Oct 22, '15, 11:53am

One-Shot wrote:I am excited to use the elite controller, although I have yet to really even use a regular Xbox One controller :lol:.

Glad the reviews are very positive so far.

I'm really curious about the solid state drive that the Elite bundle comes with and how much of a difference the load times are.

R---
Best Friend
PSN: Arlinesup

Xbox One | Master Thread

Oct 28, '15, 4:42am

First off, thank you for this terrific post. It answered many questions that I had. But do have a few more.

How well does backwards compatibility work? And will every first party Microsoft game come the X1 at some point?

I'm a digital consumer, so has fast does the hard drive fill up? Is replacing the Hard drive similar to Playstations?

Thanks in advance for the help

One-Shot
Management
Management

Xbox One | Master Thread

Oct 28, '15, 5:21am

R--- wrote:First off, thank you for this terrific post. It answered many questions that I had. But do have a few more.

How well does backwards compatibility work? And will every first party Microsoft game come the X1 at some point?

I'm a digital consumer, so has fast does the hard drive fill up? Is replacing the Hard drive similar to Playstations?

You can't replace the internal HDD, just plug in an external one.

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Xbox One | Master Thread

Oct 28, '15, 11:58am

R--- wrote:First off, thank you for this terrific post. It answered many questions that I had. But do have a few more.

Thanks for the feedback! :portilloPure1

Backwards compatibility works great. If you own a compatible game digitally, it shows up in your downloads ready to go; if you own a compatible game on disk, just put it in the drive and the game downloads for you to play. Backwards compatible games all play off the digital version regardless of which you own. You still need the disk in the drive to verify that you own it though. Microsoft has gone on record saying that they plan on supporting every first party game, so that's the plan at this point. When it goes live for all users next month, 100 games will work off the bat.

R--- wrote:I'm a digital consumer, so has fast does the hard drive fill up? Is replacing the Hard drive similar to Playstations?

It's pretty much the same as PlayStation. A 500GB drive will fill up quick. If you can, I highly recommend getting a 1TB drive. That's what I have and I own a couple dozen full retail games and about the same amount of digital games and have yet to run out of space.

The Xbox One doesn't have a replaceable hard drive, but it does fully support external drives.

SinisterHero
Portillo's Mouth Noises

Xbox One | Master Thread

Oct 31, '15, 9:13am

I got a day one 500gb and it was full in and a round a year after. To be fair I'm a full on digital only dude. Thankfully It was so quick and relatively cheap to get a small black 2T external usb powered drive.. that I have been deliciously adding to my library to this day without worry of space.

I.e don't worry about getting a 500gb or 1T. Be safe in the knowledge that more space can be obtained.

My day one edition controller is alittle broken and I am too now wondering if an elite controller is the way to go with a replacement.... But that price point!

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Xbox One | Master Thread

Nov 02, '15, 9:32pm

Major Nelson has posted a preview of the New Xbox One Experience on his blog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tDsA_28Fb0

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Xbox One | Master Thread

Nov 03, '15, 12:16pm

If you're on the fence about getting an Xbox One, this might be the week to do it if you're in the US. Retailers are offering free controllers, gift cards, and/or games with a console purchase. Via Major Nelson:

GameStop
November 2-5: Get a free controller when you buy a new Xbox One.
November 6-8: Buy any new Xbox One bundle. Get an additional game and a wireless controller free.
Now – November 21: Get a $100 credit toward a new Xbox One when you trade in your PS3 (120GB+) or Xbox 360 (250GB+).

Best Buy
November 1-5: Get a $50 Best Buy gift card when you buy a new Xbox One.
November 6-7: Buy any new Xbox One bundle. Get an additional game and a $50 Best Buy gift card free.
November 8: Buy any new Xbox One bundle. Get an additional game free.

Amazon
November 2-5: Get Mad Max for free when you buy Xbox One.
November 6-8: Buy any new Xbox One bundle. Get Mad Max for free.

Target
November 1-5: Get a $50 Target gift card when you buy Xbox One.
November 6-7: Buy any new Xbox One bundle. Get an additional game and a $50 Target gift card free. (Online only)
November 8: Buy any new Xbox One bundle. Get an additional game free. (Online only)

One-Shot
Management
Management

Nov 03, '15, 12:47pm

Officially an Xbox One owner
But man is it taking forever to download Halo 5.

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nov 03, '15, 2:40pm

One-Shot wrote:Officially an Xbox One owner
But man is it taking forever to download Halo 5.

Woo! Welcome aboard! And yeah. Downloads and installs are... not fast.

westcoaststyle
Seducer
XBL: westc0aststyle
PSN: demon__650

Xbox One | Master Thread

Nov 05, '15, 10:32am

MannySJ wrote:If you're on the fence about getting an Xbox One, this might be the week to do it if you're in the US. Retailers are offering free controllers, gift cards, and/or games with a console purchase. Via Major Nelson:

GameStop
November 6-8: Buy any new Xbox One bundle. Get an additional game and a wireless controller free.

That's the one I'm looking at. A free game and extra controller sounds pretty good. Do you think there will be a better deal during Black Friday?

Twitch: Demon__650
Twitter: westcoaststyle

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Xbox One | Master Thread

Nov 05, '15, 2:44pm

westcoaststyle wrote:That's the one I'm looking at. A free game and extra controller sounds pretty good. Do you think there will be a better deal during Black Friday?

Hard to say. It would be tough to beat a free game and controller though. I guess it ultimately depends on what the free game is. If it's your choice, then it's probably a safe bet. If it's Zoo Tycoon or something, then you might get a better Black Friday deal somewhere else.

EDIT: Dell.com had a Black Friday ad leak with the Gears of War Ultimate Bundle w/Fallout 4 and a controller for $299. That's just a rumor at this point, but something to think about.

westcoaststyle
Seducer
XBL: westc0aststyle
PSN: demon__650

Nov 05, '15, 3:18pm

I have a crapload of rewards points (over 100k) and gift cards for GameStop, so that would be the most ideal place. I'm seriously considering picking one up tomorrow. You may or may not see me post a picture of it some time this weekend, lol.

Twitch: Demon__650
Twitter: westcoaststyle

Return to “Xbox”