II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums
XBL: II GTA FREEK II
PSN: II_GTA_FREEK_II

Sunset Overdrive. Everyone's thoughts.

Dec 10, '16, 2:42pm

MAD Mark wrote:
P.S. I played as a female too (I'm a guy). I highly recommend it for anyone that picks up this game. The voice actress that plays the female role is very good. I have since seen video of the male character, and it's just not the same for me. Not that the male character is bad in any way, but I loved my female character so much, she's an integral part of the game for me. Playing as the male would almost be a different game.

:kinda

I was convinced I recognized the female voice actors voice the entire time. But I didn't recognize any of her other work after a Google search. Must just sound like someone else I'm thinking of. But I agree, she did a great job.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

macca25678
Best Friend

Re: Sunset Overdrive. Everyone's thoughts.

Jan 06, '17, 4:16pm

I tried sunset overdrive but couldn't really get into it that much as I felt the game was trying to hard to be funny.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Jan 06, '17, 4:21pm

macca25678 wrote:I tried sunset overdrive but couldn't really get into it that much as I felt the game was trying to hard to be funny.

I can see why you would think that, but the humor worked just fine for me.
Not in cruelty, not in wrath, The Reaper came today, An angel visited this gray path, And took the cube away.

KiLLz4TwinKies
Unsung Hero
XBL: KiLLz4TwinKiez
PSN: KiLLz4TwinKies

Jan 19, '17, 11:47am

Absolutely loved this game. It takes a while to fully open up with traverse abilities, IIRC once you get the air boost it starts getting awesome...

Separately, how is this not Tim's favorite game... seems like his dream game --> Tony Hawk mixed with Pop Culture mixed with Good Music

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Jan 19, '17, 12:09pm

KiLLz4TwinKies wrote:Absolutely loved this game. It takes a while to fully open up with traverse abilities, IIRC once you get the air boost it starts getting awesome...

Separately, how is this not Tim's favorite game... seems like his dream game --> Tony Hawk mixed with Pop Culture mixed with Good Music

Yeah once you get the air boost it's virtually impossible to hit the ground. And yeah Tim should love this game, if he's even played it. Sunset Overdrive is fantastic.

EagleEyedJay
Best Friend
XBL: EagleEyedJay
PSN: EagleEyedJay
NNID: eagleeyedjay

Apr 18, '17, 2:24pm

Sunset Overdrive is why I bought an Xbox One. No regrets. One of my favorite games ever.

II GTA FREEK II
Pride of the Forums

Apr 18, '17, 3:46pm

EagleEyedJay wrote:Sunset Overdrive is why I bought an Xbox One. No regrets. One of my favorite games ever.

It's essentially the reason why I bought mine. I only own 2 Xbox One games. If Sunset Overdrive was the only game I ever bought for it, I think it'd be worth it.

KiLLz4TwinKies
Unsung Hero
XBL: KiLLz4TwinKiez
PSN: KiLLz4TwinKies

Apr 18, '17, 5:09pm

Stumbling across this thread got me to thinking of how much i liked Sunset Overdrive...

The mission with the LARP'ers was hilarious.

BasicExp
Seducer
XBL: BasicExp

Apr 18, '17, 8:28pm

KiLLz4TwinKies wrote:Stumbling across this thread got me to thinking of how much i liked Sunset Overdrive...

The mission with the LARP'ers was hilarious.

It is in my backlog... I wish I had more time, I feel like I have owned it way too long to have not played it yet.
Regards,

Dustin "Basic"

B.A. Political Studies
Computer Systems Technologist
BasicExp.com

gooseysoucy
Shadow Boxer
XBL: gooseysoucy

Sunset Overdrive. Everyone's thoughts.

Apr 22, '17, 1:54pm

Loved it, it was as if somebody saw that I loved T.H.U.G (Tony Hawk) and made it into a bigger, sandbox action game. The extra dose of satire is a plus too.

MeatCake
Shadow Boxer

Apr 27, '17, 4:59am

I enjoyed the game for several hours, back when it launched, but eventually I quit in frustration. I haven't gone back since then. It was a story mission that had to do with fighting up-close enemies, taking cover, and maybe moving an object forward (or was it protecting the object?), but simultaneously shooting down long-range missiles. So there was quick-targeting with little breathing space over managing the closer enemies. It broke me and I just couldn't do it. And I seem to recall not finding the solution I needed online. So maybe I just couldn't cut it. But I do remember some cool platforming, like grinding and climbing a pair of apartment buildings. And I got to dress up my character as sexy and stupid as I desired.
Just say no to loot crates

1greenring
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: GLCorps5241
NNID: 1greenring

Sep 14, '17, 10:42pm

Haven't played it yet, but would very much like to. Very disappointed I didn't have an XBL Gold account when it was free.

Y2Jervis
Portillo's Mouth Noises
XBL: Y2Jervis

Sep 19, '17, 7:54pm

This game was awesome. Recently played through it again, its so OTT but in a sick way.

Return to “Xbox”