Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

Who would you like to see in the next Smash Bros?

May 18, '17, 11:11am

....Even if it's just the Wii U game with some extra characters but a new one would be good too.

After seeing Twintelle from Arms (A game I don't really care about but she's hot and seems like she'd have some cool fighting mechanics in Smash) it got me thinking that Nintendo has some new IPs that have not been in Smash yet. Here are some of the characters I'd like to see be added in the future:

Twintelle (From Arms)
Inkling (From Splatoon)
Shovel Knight
Alm and/or Celica (From Fire Emblem) - Either one would be fine but It would be cool if there was a way to have them both like Ice Climbers.
Bomberman - long over due honestly but with the new game it would make the most sense now
Waluigi - I still have no idea why he hasn't been added yet. Seems like a no brainer.

Those make the most sense to be added.

Others I'd like to see are:
Goku from Dragon Ball Z (Not gonna happen), Isaac from Golden Sun (Not gonna happen), K. Rool from DKC (Not gonna happen), the returning Ice Climbers, Lyndis from Fire Emblem (Not gonna happen), Rayman (Could happen but probably not) and Shantae (Could happen but probably not)

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

May 18, '17, 11:25am

I want a story mode again....Brawl story stuff was really great...the level designs just needed work

BuffArms
Baller

Re: Who would you like to see in the next Smash Bros?

May 18, '17, 12:29pm

PS4 Pro version running at 4k 60 FPS. portilloYell

They really just need to nail down the Pro Controller setup for it. Get that feeling good. Don't half ass it in an attempt to make the game actually playable on the shitty Joy Cons.
*Signature Crafted by Tidal Town

The_Almighty_Foofy
Baller
XBL: A 2Piece Combo
PSN: PhantomPain20xx
NNID: SW-5606-2665-3891
Steam: atomic_pingas

May 18, '17, 1:02pm

BuffArms wrote:PS4 Pro version running at 4k 60 FPS. portilloYell

They really just need to nail down the Pro Controller setup for it. Get that feeling good. Don't half ass it in an attempt to make the game actually playable on the shitty Joy Cons.

This. My biggest concern with the inevitable Smash Bros Switch port is how they will handle the controls. No one and I mean NO ONE will play Smash using one of those dinky joy-cons. It might work somewhat for Mario Kart but for something like Smash? Hell no. Its either going to be all pro controller or they have to enable that gamecube adapter piece that was so hard to find for the Wii U. Before any talk about characters, they gotta solidify the control options for it.

For the sake of this topic though: Shoe-ins are definitely the Inkling Kids from Splatoon. Depending on how ARMS does, I wouldnt be surprised if an ARMS character makes it in. If they go 3rd party again, maybe Banjo-Kazooie or Shovel Knight.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. NO MORE FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS. PLEASE. I LOVE FIRE EMBLEM BUT I CANT TAKE ANOTHER ONE IN SMASH.

Personally, I want one of these four:
1. Shovel Knight
2. Issac from Golden Sun
3. Ray MK. III from Custom Robo
4. Shantae

I have hope for the last 2 since they were assist trophies and Little Mac was an assist trophy in Brawl and became a playable character in Sm4sh. My best bet would be on Shovel Knight though.
"It's easy to tell the difference between right and wrong. What's hard is choosing the wrong that's more right."

"Ore wa Gundam da"

Jay
Tim's Disney Princess

May 18, '17, 1:28pm

The_Almighty_Foofy wrote:FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. NO MORE FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS. PLEASE. I LOVE FIRE EMBLEM BUT I CANT TAKE ANOTHER ONE IN SMASH.

If it was a new Smash, a lot of Fire Emblem characters would probably be removed. Roy, Lucina, Robin and Corrin could all be removed. Only Marth and Ike seem to be the ones they keep wanting to bring back. Also, Alm and Celica don't look like other Fire Emblem characters that have been in the game before, so there is that. As long as you are still getting a good amount of other characters, it really shouldn't matter how many Fire Emblem characters they have as long as they try to make them unique. Fire Emblem is a big franchise for Nintendo now. One of their biggest newer ones even though it's not new at all, it only recently with Awakening got really big and because Nintendo doesn't make a lot of new IPs, the only franchises that allow for a lot of new characters are Pokemon and Fire Emblem which have a ton of new characters with every game. Celica could be a new character I guess and maybe Alm could be a recolor for Roy or someone if this is just a remastered version.

Deathtone
Pride of the Forums
PSN: elmo_ticklethis
NNID: deathtone

May 19, '17, 3:47am

Belmont - probably could use multiple skins for various characters since they pretty much fight the same.
They once made a Chuck Norris toilet paper, but it wouldn't take shit from anybody.

Raging Light
Pride of the Forums
PSN: XDaimyo

May 19, '17, 12:21pm

The_Almighty_Foofy wrote:FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. NO MORE FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS. PLEASE. I LOVE FIRE EMBLEM BUT I CANT TAKE ANOTHER ONE IN SMASH.

Personally, I want one of these four:
1. Shovel Knight
2. Issac from Golden Sun
3. Ray MK. III from Custom Robo
4. Shantae

I have hope for the last 2 since they were assist trophies and Little Mac was an assist trophy in Brawl and became a playable character in Sm4sh. My best bet would be on Shovel Knight though.

I agree with all of these. I love Fire Emblem too but I think 5 characters from that franchise is enough. I would love for Robin and Lucina to be removed (just make her a palatte swap for Marth) and add Tharja and Lyn. Both of them have different fighting styles compared to the current roster and they wouldn't add to the clutter if Robin and Lucina were axed. And I'm required to bang the Kingdom Hearts drum and demand Sora and Riku. It makes no sense for Cloud to be in Smash Bros but not either of them.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Though wise men at their end know dark is right..."

Lord_Duncho
Unsung Hero
PSN: Lord_Duncho

May 19, '17, 3:53pm

Solid Snake
"...fuck it dude, let's go bowling."

MrBroBotBrian
Best Friend
XBL: Darkknezz
PSN: DarkScollo
NNID: BroBotBri
Steam: MrBroBotBrian

May 23, '17, 6:06am

How about some of those ARMS characters?

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

May 24, '17, 6:52pm

Elite Beat Agents, as a 3-in-1 character (like Pokemon Trainer from Brawl)

REYM3R
Producer
Position/Title: Producer/Seducer
XBL: REYM3R
PSN: TheOnlyREYM3R

May 24, '17, 7:49pm

Chad. He was in Mario 1, Mario 2!
Balor Club 4 Life

Tardis1982
Baller

May 25, '17, 9:51am

NO MORE FREAKING FIRE EMBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no game cube controller time to move on people.
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

SF5_Aqua
Pure One
PSN: TR_Deadpool

May 28, '17, 12:42am

If we're talking about a Wii U port for the Switch, I'd love to see Ice Climbers and Wolf come back. Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia would be an interesting pick because of the Namco Bandai team working on the last game. Sora from Kingdom Hearts is the character I voted for in the ballot because of Chain of Memories, 358/2, and Dream Drop Distance being on Nintendo platforms. My year of dreams pick would be Banjo/Kazooie, but that is a long shot.

JRV
Baller

May 28, '17, 6:06am

Personally Shovel Knight, and Inkling would be the best additions to the game, with maybe spring boy or ribbon girl also thrown in. Pie in the sky, I would love to see Corrin exchanged for Alm, Celia or Hector as well as having one of the guardians like Mipha in it and bomberman too.

TheHiketeia
Producer
PSN: TheHiketeia
NNID: TheHiketeia
Steam: TheHiketeia

Jun 05, '17, 5:37pm

I would do dirty, unspeakable things to see Shovel Knight get into Smash.
It all began with a Nintendo 64 in 1996...
Now I'm all about that Playstation Nation/PCMR.

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Jun 06, '17, 4:32am

Yooka-Laylee! They would be the perfect fit for the game while being something unique and different. It would also give bonus points to Nintendo for including Indie characters.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Nintendo”