Jun 05, '17, 5:44pm

Information
Genre: Platformer
Platform(s): Switch
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Publisher: Nintendo
Release Date(s): TBD 2018

Overview
Lead Yoshi on a brand new adventure that will turn everything you’ve come to expect from side-scrolling games upside down! Explore a great, big world decorated like a miniature diorama in a new art style for the franchise, where each side-scrolling stage has the traditional front side as well as a flip side with different views and surprises. Look for items throughout the stage as Yoshi makes his way to the goal. You can even join up with a friend!

Features:
  • Join Yoshi in this new action platforming game
  • Each course offers both a main path and a hidden path that offers different views and surprises
  • The lively art style looks like a minature diorama
  • Enjoy simultaneous 2-player action

Media
https://youtu.be/sx_C9jJ0AlA

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Re: Yoshi (Switch) | Discussion

Jun 13, '17, 11:33pm

Yoshi's Wooly World was a lot funner than I thought it would be. Definitely giving this one a shot.

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Jun 14, '17, 8:28am

My wife loves Yoshi games so we'll definitely get this and play the whole thing co-op.

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Yoshi (Switch) | Discussion

Jun 14, '17, 3:57pm

This game looks charming as hell. I'll probably end up giving it a try. Looks like they can fit in some creative gameplay.

zahcbowrn
Best Friend
PSN: zcah21
NNID: ztbatman
Steam: zcah21

Jun 15, '17, 2:36am

For some reason, I don't think I fully completed any of the platformers on Wii U. Even if I was as sold on the game as I feel like I am for this one. I really enjoyed Wooly World, but I just never really put in the time. That being said, I feel like being able to play this in handheld mode makes it all the more appealing. Excited to play it.

I kinda hope they change the name? I guess we've never had a game just named, "Yoshi," though.

JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Jun 15, '17, 9:13am

Not sure if a day one...but from the gameplay I've seen it looks interesting

Kirby is what I'm more excited about...but glad we got another Yoshi game so fast. Hoping Wario Ware pops up in a direct soon since its been longer we have see one of those

MannySJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
XBL: Senor Samson
PSN: SenorSamson
NNID: SenorSamson
Steam: SenorSamson

Jun 15, '17, 12:29pm

Kotaku talked a little bit about the game's visuals and style. It has me more interested in the game:
The handcrafted look for the upcoming Yoshi game on the Switch is freaking adorable.

On yesterday’s Treehouse stream, Nintendo showed off a little over half an hour of their new Yoshi game, which takes place in a papercraft diorama. Each of the stages has two sides—the front is covered in colorful paper models of a city street or a jungle safari and the “back,” shows the milk cartons and cardboard boxes that these things are made out of.

When I watched this, I was beaming from ear to ear. Much as I love seeing the cute paper trains and zebras, I also loved watching the flip side and seeing how everything “works.” On the back side of the paper town stage, you’ll see Shy Guys pulling the moving platforms back and forth—they even work up a sweat. What makes it even cuter is that you can really identify which household object each part of the stage is made out of. You can see milk cartons, paper clips, and bottle caps. It makes me want to make a stage of my own.

Sounds great!

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Jun 20, '17, 6:59am

I will pick it up when I get a Switch for sure. I really enjoyed my time with Yoshi's Woolly World, and this looks like an expanded sequel to that game. It is weird that they haven't called it Woolly World 2...
► Show Spoiler

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Jun 20, '17, 8:13am

Mavryk wrote:I will pick it up when I get a Switch for sure. I really enjoyed my time with Yoshi's Woolly World, and this looks like an expanded sequel to that game. It is weird that they haven't called it Woolly World 2...

Well, it's not really 'Woolly World," right? Yoshi himself looks kind of fuzzy but the rest of the world is kind of like papercraft/cardboard/household art supply type style. Less woolly.

Mavryk
Management
Management
PSN: MavrykDH
Steam: mavryk_darkhaven

Jun 20, '17, 9:20pm

touchfuzzy wrote:Well, it's not really 'Woolly World," right? Yoshi himself looks kind of fuzzy but the rest of the world is kind of like papercraft/cardboard/household art supply type style. Less woolly.

Oh true, I didn't really pay that much attention to the design, I was looking at the gameplay.
► Show Spoiler

Sawubi
Best Friend
PSN: Sawubi
NNID: Sawubi

Jul 17, '17, 5:04am

Can't say no to Yoshi but only if the price is right :)

Return to “Nintendo”