Rate this Game

10
No votes
0
9
No votes
0
8
100%
2
7
No votes
0
6
No votes
0
5
No votes
0
4
No votes
0
3
No votes
0
2
No votes
0
1
No votes
0
 
Total votes: 2
User avatar
shanethesaint88
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 756
Joined: Nov 11, '15, 5:45pm
Location: Louisiana
XBL: shanest88
PSN: shanethesaint88

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 01, '17, 2:24pm

This is a fun cute game! Nothing mind blowing but it's fun. Anyone else picked it up?
Image

User avatar
channelocho
Unsung Hero
Posts: 186
Joined: Jul 15, '17, 2:58pm
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
XBL: Channelocho86
PSN: ChannelOcho

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 01, '17, 2:50pm

I plan to, I am taking a road trip towards the end of the month and plan to play it during the ride as I will not be driving.
Image

User avatar
A7X458
Seducer
Posts: 483
Joined: May 20, '15, 12:18am

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 01, '17, 3:03pm

I played for a couple of hours, the gameplay is excellent but i am not feeling the jokes.
Image
PSN: A7X458
Xbox Live:A7X458
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

User avatar
JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3388
Joined: May 18, '15, 11:24am
Location: Thousand Oaks
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 01, '17, 3:31pm

Man, no clue if I'll play it more than once but dam. This game has a good deal of content if you are going for 100%

40 Levels plus 40 Challenge levels, not too bad at all plus extra little puzzles to go back too. Seems like easily over 40 hours if you want to 100% it
And while I like it and think its a good value, I'd tell others to wait for it to be like 40 bucks or less, if it had even online co-op I'd say get it now but....since its a linear single player games I say I doubt anytime soon I'll be beating it again

User avatar
BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 657
Joined: Dec 29, '16, 4:26am
Location: oHio
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510
Contact: Twitter

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 01, '17, 3:35pm

Enjoyingthe hell out of this game. Humor made me chuckle. Loved the princess rabbis " took cosplay too far" comment.

Seriously. This game has me. I love it. It's not the best game I've ever played, but man, I love this on the switch (actually took a break to post this up)
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

User avatar
BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 657
Joined: Dec 29, '16, 4:26am
Location: oHio
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510
Contact: Twitter

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 02, '17, 6:26pm

Ok. Skill tree talk.

Is anyone really clearing their skill trees constantly before every match? I feel like I am happy to expand the skill tree. But I'm not resetting each characters abilities with each battle.
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

User avatar
Selfox
Producer
Posts: 328
Joined: Jul 08, '15, 3:39pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
PSN: selkies24
NNID: selkies24
Steam: selkies24
Contact: Google+ Twitter YouTube Twitch

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 05, '17, 4:21pm

BedaHouse wrote:Ok. Skill tree talk.

Is anyone really clearing their skill trees constantly before every match? I feel like I am happy to expand the skill tree. But I'm not resetting each characters abilities with each battle.


I've upgraded a decent amount but im at the point where i really have to save up my upgrades. Im at the end of world 7 and struggling with what to upgrade next

User avatar
BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 657
Joined: Dec 29, '16, 4:26am
Location: oHio
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510
Contact: Twitter

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 06, '17, 4:51am

Selfox wrote:
I've upgraded a decent amount but im at the point where i really have to save up my upgrades. Im at the end of world 7 and struggling with what to upgrade next



I'm just in World 3 and for the first time, I'm starting to find a little struggle during matches (first time I had a player knocked out of the match, and then had all 3 knocked out as well). Few times it seemed like Mario was the one that I lost first. Seems like the upgrades I want end up draining the orb count down to zero pretty quickly. Have you started to go back to some of the early worlds and do the challenges, find the other boxes/crates? Seems like that helps to bet you more skill orbs.

Now, follow up question (to you and to the others out there):

What is your team? Do you have a "standard" grouping -- or one that you really seem to enjoy using?

I seem to gravitate towards Mario-Rabbid Peach-Luigi. I've tried different combos (and I don't mind Rabbid Luigi) -- but I can't seem to find much of a groove for playing with Princess Peach. The few matches I had her on the squad I ended up losing Mario.
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

User avatar
Tardis1982
Baller
Posts: 1300
Joined: May 18, '15, 9:17am

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 06, '17, 5:26am

This is actually a pretty good game.
PSN Tardis632
XBL Figment632
NID Tardis1982
STM Tardis1982

User avatar
touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 823
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:15pm
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 06, '17, 8:50am

BedaHouse wrote:
What is your team? Do you have a "standard" grouping -- or one that you really seem to enjoy using?

I seem to gravitate towards Mario-Rabbid Peach-Luigi. I've tried different combos (and I don't mind Rabbid Luigi) -- but I can't seem to find much of a groove for playing with Princess Peach. The few matches I had her on the squad I ended up losing Mario.


I want to like Luigi but his low HP is just crippling. With the way the game is designed it's hard to keep anyone back far enough from the action to not be targeted. I bring him in for those "get to the safe area" missions because his movement is by far the best, but otherwise he's tough to use.

My stand-by is Mario+Rabbid Luigi (those high critical Vamp abilities just devastate opponents and keep him healed), then rotate in the third party member depending on the mission and their strengths/weaknesses. Rabbid Mario for pure firepower, Rabbid/Regular Peach if it looks like a battle of attrition where I'll need some healing as we go along, and Luigi if we're trying to get somewhere fast. Haven't unlocked the Yoshi's yet.
Image

User avatar
BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 657
Joined: Dec 29, '16, 4:26am
Location: oHio
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510
Contact: Twitter

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 06, '17, 10:05am

touchfuzzy wrote:
I want to like Luigi but his low HP is just crippling. With the way the game is designed it's hard to keep anyone back far enough from the action to not be targeted. I bring him in for those "get to the safe area" missions because his movement is by far the best, but otherwise he's tough to use.
.


Isn't it funny how we all have different pairings to match out game play?

I understand what you mean. The low HP doesn't bug me as much as the lack of DASH ability. If he could have a dash and then the double jump, I think I'd love him even more. I'm always curious about why people like one over the other. I don't think there is an ultimate team up, because so much of this game depends on your own personal game play style. Maybe I'm a dolt, but I just can't get into the Princess Peach style, and her weapon only seems to destory cover I might need to use later FailFish

I did use Rabbid Luigi a bit and I seem to go back and forth between Rabbid and real Luigi in my recent matches.

I also have not unlocked Rabbid Yoshi -- curious how it will impact my team selection


PS: I find the Beep-O getting pissed off at Toad/Toadette very humorous.
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

User avatar
touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 823
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:15pm
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 06, '17, 10:55am

BedaHouse wrote:
touchfuzzy wrote:
I want to like Luigi but his low HP is just crippling. With the way the game is designed it's hard to keep anyone back far enough from the action to not be targeted. I bring him in for those "get to the safe area" missions because his movement is by far the best, but otherwise he's tough to use.
.


Isn't it funny how we all have different pairings to match out game play?

I understand what you mean. The low HP doesn't bug me as much as the lack of DASH ability. If he could have a dash and then the double jump, I think I'd love him even more. I'm always curious about why people like one over the other. I don't think there is an ultimate team up, because so much of this game depends on your own personal game play style. Maybe I'm a dolt, but I just can't get into the Princess Peach style, and her weapon only seems to destory cover I might need to use later FailFish

I did use Rabbid Luigi a bit and I seem to go back and forth between Rabbid and real Luigi in my recent matches.

I also have not unlocked Rabbid Yoshi -- curious how it will impact my team selection


PS: I find the Beep-O getting pissed off at Toad/Toadette very humorous.


No love for Rabbid Mario? He's definitely a blunt instrument but if you want to take out big groups of enemies I don't think there's anyone better.

Peach is basically the Support counter. She wrecks their cover and can lob grenades in behind anything that is left, then heal you to finish things off.

Like you said, I don't think there's any "best" team. It all depends on a combination of your play style and the parameters of each specific mission. That's why I've found it pretty engaging -- I work all the characters in and get to experiment. And if it doesn't work I come back with a different set-up and see if it works better.
Image

User avatar
BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 657
Joined: Dec 29, '16, 4:26am
Location: oHio
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510
Contact: Twitter

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 07, '17, 12:42pm

Really hate those big crushers that carry that rocks or coffins to slam them into me.

I seem to have the most issues with those -- though the shield carrying heavies aren't fun.
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

User avatar
JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3388
Joined: May 18, '15, 11:24am
Location: Thousand Oaks
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 07, '17, 5:15pm

Man, maybe I just have a bad team but this game has never been...easy for me.

I used Mario, Luigi and Rabbit peach


I do enjoy it just wish it had some sort of online mode to play with people...maybe a mode where you enter a map and it randomly has enemies on it and you a someone try to beat it

User avatar
BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 657
Joined: Dec 29, '16, 4:26am
Location: oHio
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510
Contact: Twitter

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 08, '17, 6:17am

JerrodDRagon wrote:Man, maybe I just have a bad team but this game has never been...easy for me.

I used Mario, Luigi and Rabbit peach


I do enjoy it just wish it had some sort of online mode to play with people...maybe a mode where you enter a map and it randomly has enemies on it and you a someone try to beat it


I'm running into more issues in the world 3. Seems like the combo that was working for me before isn't as effective as it was in the world/battles before.

I run that Mario, Rabbid Peach, and Luigi often -- however, I have started to experiment with Rabbid Yoshi (who I love his firepower/2ndary weapon). I still cannot get used to, or utilize Peach well at all. I have to move away from Luigi on small boards because there is a higher chance I'll get high damage. Also, seems like I am really using the DASH then Team Jump more often to get space between myself and the enemies.

To your point though: I do wish there was some online co-op for this game. I would love to be able to earn coins/skill points by pairing up as a team of 4 and just have to clear out a board. I'd love to say I can see it happen....but I don't see it happening -- sadly kfsad
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

User avatar
touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 823
Joined: May 17, '15, 6:15pm
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 08, '17, 10:41am

BedaHouse wrote:Really hate those big crushers that carry that rocks or coffins to slam them into me.

I seem to have the most issues with those -- though the shield carrying heavies aren't fun.


Best way to knock out those guys is to line them up, activate your "Hero Watch" ability with Mario (preferably upgraded to get two shots in) and then unload your regular attack. They'll start moving towards you and you'll get an additional two free shots in on them, usually enough to take them out (or at least close to it).

Another recommendation I would have, in general, is to always have someone with a sentry secondary available. Even if they aren't great attackers, they've saved my ass multiple times just by drawing enemy fire. Last mission I put Mario in a really bad spot and he had only 44 health with two enemies around him both with Hero Watch activated. If I move him, he dies. If I don't move him, he dies. I popped the sentry and rolled it in, it drew both Hero Watch shots and I was able to move Mario away and heal him up. Finished up the mission just fine. Always bring sentries!
Image

User avatar
BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 657
Joined: Dec 29, '16, 4:26am
Location: oHio
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510
Contact: Twitter

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 08, '17, 11:20am

touchfuzzy wrote:Post!


Thanks for the tips. I like having the two other characters have sentries. Feels like it gives me long range attacks, as well as an ability to fire and move away if needed.

I just unlocked the 2 in 1 steely stare for Mario (and Luigi now I think) and man, really helped me beat the Phantom Opera Rabbit Boss.


As a aside: I absolutely LOVED the Opera lyrics and thought the humor was spot on. More importantly, not random ramblings, but an actual opera singer, so well done. Still loving this game...playing it non-stop portilloPure1
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

User avatar
BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 657
Joined: Dec 29, '16, 4:26am
Location: oHio
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510
Contact: Twitter

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 12, '17, 1:49pm

World 4-3 can get f**ked.

Damn all those heavies!


I beat it following this post: Just hit and run. Eliminated the light bunnies first and then "run and gunned" the rest of the way. Luigi was a HUGE help w/ his long range weapon in inflicting heavy damage from a far (add in the steely stare and we had some major HP coming off the board).

But yeah...that was frustrating.
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

User avatar
JerrodDRagon
Pride of the Forums
Posts: 3388
Joined: May 18, '15, 11:24am
Location: Thousand Oaks
XBL: JerrodDragon89
PSN: JerrodDragon

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 14, '17, 9:13am

Just beat world 3 and moving to world 4

What is Strange is for me the 3rd boss was kinda the easiest, but I have no doubt the next world will be a bitch. Anyone who beats this game and says its easy is either lying or just really damn good. I'm not saying its as hard as Xcom but its also not easy.

User avatar
BedaHouse
Shadow Boxer
Posts: 657
Joined: Dec 29, '16, 4:26am
Location: oHio
NNID: SW-7247-7185-4510
Contact: Twitter

Re: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Discussion

Sep 14, '17, 12:12pm

JerrodDRagon wrote:Just beat world 3 and moving to world 4

What is Strange is for me the 3rd boss was kinda the easiest, but I have no doubt the next world will be a bitch. Anyone who beats this game and says its easy is either lying or just really damn good. I'm not saying its as hard as Xcom but its also not easy.


World 4 kicked my butt.(I'm technically still trying to get out of world 4 but beat the mid-boss) Not crushingly hard; however, I got out with a few "fair" scores and was happy to move on

I agree about the game play difficulty. It feels like it helps to build
Your confidence/strategery --- then tests whether it works on the battle boards. It's not a walk through just bc it's presented under the package of a silly rabbid and Mario team up

Ps: still liking Beep-o's commentaries/writing.
Disclaimer: The statements made above are in no way a reflection of my education and intelligence level. Any lapses in logic,, grammatical or misspelling errors are completely the result of my lifelong inability to proof read well. You've been warned. portilloIndeed

Return to “Nintendo”