JRV
Baller

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Jun 21, '17, 11:37pm

Release Date: Holiday 2017

General
The game will play as an open-world Japanese role-playing video game. While it is a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles, it features a new world and cast of characters. It stars protagonist Rex and his new friend Pyra, who are searching the world for Elysium, the ultimate paradise for humanity. The game takes place in an endless ocean of clouds, where the last remnants of civilization live on the backs of numerous colossal beasts known as the Titans.

Trailers

Nintendo Switch Presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJuiTw6nk7A

E3 2017 Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjpao-nD5YU

Reviews:
Trusted Reviews: 9/10
IGN: 8/5/10
Gamespot 7/10
Destructoid 8/10
Game Informer 7.5/10
Metacritic: 84
Last edited by JRV on Dec 02, '17, 2:20pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chaz
Pride of the Forums
PSN: Maulsaber
NNID: Maulsaber1313

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Jun 22, '17, 5:10am

This is one of the few Nintendo Switch exclusives I actually wanna play

KindaMatt
Seducer
PSN: MattKZ11

Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Jun 22, '17, 7:24am

I basically bought a switch for Zelda and this portilloSeducer

JRV
Baller

Jun 23, '17, 6:45am

I can't wait for it, I have really high hopes for the game personally. I loved X but I enjoyed the original Chronicles a lot more. The thing that makes me so excited is that this was the same team that made the original where as from what I understand X was a different team. Plus, the music is being done by the same people who did the original game with Yasunori Mitsuda in charge of the music this time.

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Jun 25, '17, 9:32pm

When I (eventually) get a Switch for myself, this will definitely be high on the list of games I would want to get for it. What I have seen looks pretty cool.

gwnner
Shadow Boxer

Sep 13, '17, 3:19pm

This isn't usually my type of game, but this game looks fucking awesome.

JRV
Baller

Sep 13, '17, 6:33pm

With this I have hit my time to go radio silence, don't need to know anything else about the game, don't want to get spoiled on some insane twist which would ruin the game for me. I am sold will get it and play the hundred plus hours it will take to defeat this game.

channelocho
Producer
XBL: Channelocho86
PSN: ChannelOcho

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Sep 13, '17, 8:27pm

I am really excited for this, as I liked what I played of the original, but the load times made it impossible to play for me.

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

Sep 14, '17, 2:50am

So how does X fit into this? I only played Xenoblade Chronicles 1. I intend to buy a Switch eventually and would love to play 2, but I can't play X because Wii U

JRV
Baller

Sep 14, '17, 4:59am

Eve Narlieth wrote:So how does X fit into this? I only played Xenoblade Chronicles 1. I intend to buy a Switch eventually and would love to play 2, but I can't play X because Wii U

X doesn't fit in at all, it is different universe and a very different game, the game is even made in at least part by a different team then the original who also did this one. Still a good game, just it has nothing to do with 1 or 2.

Eve Narlieth
Baller
PSN: gabieve

Dec 04, '17, 2:54am

So is anyone playing it?

I asked for the game for xmas, and now seeing mixed reviews I'm feeling a slight dread

JRV
Baller

Dec 04, '17, 5:22pm

Eve Narlieth wrote:So is anyone playing it?

I asked for the game for xmas, and now seeing mixed reviews I'm feeling a slight dread

So far it is rather good, but I am very early in the game say around 4 hours. It is a game you have to set aside time for it isn't a game that you can just brute force your way though, it is fun so far.

touchfuzzy
Shadow Boxer

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Dec 05, '17, 3:34pm

It's a game I'm liking less the more I play. The more weird systems and complexities they layer on, the harder it's all getting to follow. Also, the character designs and voice acting are so bad it's difficult to take seriously. I'm beginning to rage every time I'm fighting my crappy level 9 monster mob and randomly aggro some level 80 optional boss bird thing or giant monkey and get killed instantly. This has happened at least a half dozen times so far. Thanks, game...

But, the music is fantastic, at least. And if you can get past some of the design stuff, the story seems decent. I don't know how much of it I'll bother with, already trending towards turning on Rocket League instead on these nights and EB Games has a get $50 trade in credit if you flip it within two weeks of release...

hoz
Portillo's Mouth Noises
PSN: casuistrybliss
NNID: 5496-1753-9596

Dec 08, '17, 7:38pm

(Hey all, new to the forums but have listened to kinda funny for over 2 years now)

About 10 hours in. This game reminds me of the old days where games were consistently and "noticeably" imperfect, yet gamers still dug for their moments. It's like an updated PS2 RPG pulled from a long, lost vault (or 15 year creative vacuum). With that said.. can't stop playing it. The combat isn't as complex as most gaming sites are stating, it's just ramps up the gamer's urge to achieve combos. The combo's are so cathartic that when I finish a battle, I immediately look for my next tough battle (dodging easy enemies and looking for a tougher challenge) even if I should've gone to sleep an hour ago. The story isn't nearly as epic as anything from square, but it's engaging and I'm always eager to hear the next part of the story because Rex feels like a genuine character and some of the villains are really enticing. Unfortunately, Pyra doesn't have much of a personality (probably why her physique screams out loud more than the other characters).

If you want an exploratory game like BOTW though, this isn't it. The world is beautiful, but extremely NOT interactive. Only thing this game has going for it is it's combat system, story, and nice visuals. Nothing really in-between except a thoughtful leveling system that prompts you into different play styles. There may be more to fold into the gameplay seeing as I'm STILL getting tutorials being over 10 hours in... so my opinion obviously may change over the next dozen hours.

nicktorious_BLT
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
PSN: nicktorious_BIG
Steam: nicktorious_BIG

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Dec 16, '17, 9:12pm

Man...this game looks bonkers. I was watching Giant Bomb's quick look and it looks like a massive tonal shift compared to the first game. I'm kind of down with it. I really want a Switch just to play this thing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHFsOG_Bk78

Return to “Nintendo”